NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 27th March 2014, 15:41     #161
fixed_truth

More media whoring

Nazi blindside for Dotcom - http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11227076
Old 27th March 2014, 15:50     #162
Lightspeed

Dotcom can piss off. But lolz at the media.
Old 27th March 2014, 15:52     #163
fixed_truth

Yeah I'm no fan of Kim . but this whole beat-up is disgraceful.
Old 27th March 2014, 15:57     #164
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

A month ago Cameron Slater made a post to Whaleoil entitled "WHAT SORT OF PERSON WANTS TO OWN A SIGNED COPY OF MEIN KAMPF?", which was then linked to and further publicised by David Farrar at Kiwiblog.

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/02/so...py-mein-kampf/

http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2014/03/wh...ein_kampf.html

At the time I actually thought "wtf who cares? what has that to do with NZ politics?" *clink* penny drops.

Yeah, way too much of a coincidence. That Dotcom had some 'Nazi issues' to work through was obviously private knowledge at least a month ago, and Whaleoil was probably just waiting to drop the bomb at a time when it would do the most damage. Now is definitely not that time. Dotcom obviously worked this out and voluntarily confirmed it to 3 News:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Dotcom-buys-M...8/Default.aspx

If you've got something to hide and you know that someone else knows, better to admit to it at a time of your own choosing and be hurt than have it come out of nowhere at a time you don't want and be vaporised.

It would be nice if this could have remained a secret until after the Internet Party launch and after the start of the election campaign though. If this had been revealed once Dotcom had done deals and been seen shaking hands with campaign partners, the fallout would have been AWESOME.
Old 27th March 2014, 16:46     #165
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Dotcom had some 'Nazi issues' to work through
Maybe I'm missing something but what in the news reports supports that his ownership of the book is anything to do with him supporting it's views and he has 'Nazi issues'?
Old 27th March 2014, 17:00     #166
fixed_truth

Ah, read the claims on kiwiblog. If they're true then yeah, he does have some Nazi issues.
Old 27th March 2014, 17:06     #167
spigalau

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Maybe I'm missing something but what in the news reports supports that his ownership of the book is anything to do with him supporting it's views and he has 'Nazi issues'?
* Obsession with only playing Call of Duty from German side - tick
* Wearing Storm trooper helmet - tick
* Has Nazi flag - tick
* Has signed Hitler memorabilia - tick
* Narcissistic - tick
* Egomaniac - tick

Yep - he's well on the path to enlightenment... when will NZ be unburdened of the weight of this buffoon.
Old 27th March 2014, 17:12     #168
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Dude, this is all just part of his... what's the word I'm looking for? Struggle, that's it.

He should write a book about this. Sign a few copies to give to supporters.
Old 27th March 2014, 17:31     #169
fixed_truth

Why the hell is he wearing the helmet? Is it some kind of gaming role play thing?
Old 27th March 2014, 17:35     #170
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Yeah, it was at the PATHOLOGICALLY BAD JUDGEMENT Cosplay Convention.

Fuck knows.

Just remember kids, inventing an association between a target and

a) Nazis
b) Pedophiles
c) Al Qaeda

is Chapter One of the CIA infowar handbook. TRUST NO ONE.
Old 27th March 2014, 17:55     #171
CCS
Stunt Pants

This is my favourite so far:

...and then this:

Quote:
JAIL EPIPHANY.

Schmitz’s biography is the stuff of local tabloid legend, beginning with his arrest six years ago for allegedly hacking into corporate computer systems and stealing telephone calling-card numbers.

Schmitz spent several months in pretrial detention, an experience that inspired him to try using his skills to make a legal profit. “That’s where I decided to use my knowhow and skills to become the world’s most successful businessman,” says Schmitz, with characteristic modesty.

He adds, “Wasn’t Hitler writing Mein Kampf while being arrested? Not that I like Hitler hehe, it’s just that strange people can have strange ideas while being arrested.” He punctuates the sentence with a smiley face.
http://www.businessweek.com/stories/...d-be-tech-king

Ah, beautiful.
Old 27th March 2014, 22:29     #172
StN
I have detailed files

Oh come on guys - next you'll be saying that his arch enemy's grandma was Jewish or something...
Old 27th March 2014, 22:49     #173
CCS
Stunt Pants

The plot thickens...
Old 28th March 2014, 09:15     #174
pxpx

The sooner he's gone the better, for everyone.
Old 28th March 2014, 09:38     #175
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Why the hell is he wearing the helmet? Is it some kind of gaming role play thing?
The Porsche with a Gumball Rally sticker on it would be why he is wearing a helmet - it's dress up.
Old 28th March 2014, 15:43     #176
leadinjector

Quote:
Jewish Federation of New Zealand president Stephen Goodman said Mr Dotcom's ownership of Nazi memorabilia was upsetting and could cost him support in New Zealand.

"We're always disappointed that anyone wants to make profit out of the suffering of others and making profit out of Nazi war memorabilia shows great disrespect to those who suffered."
really guys? some people will grasp at anything to get pissy about
Old 28th March 2014, 15:48     #177
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
The Porsche with a Gumball Rally sticker on it would be why he is wearing a helmet - it's dress up.
Phew, I thought Kimble really was a member of the SS.
Old 28th March 2014, 16:49     #178
blur^

doesnt he have a bunch of WW2 stuff?
something owned by churchill, stalins pen etc
Old 28th March 2014, 17:30     #179
spigalau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
Didn't Kimble use Merc's in his Gumballs ?
Old 28th March 2014, 21:03     #180
StN
I have detailed files

Well, pretty sure they didn't ban Stuttgart's best from the carpark though... (And I don't mean the museum)

Last edited by StN : 28th March 2014 at 21:05.
Old 28th March 2014, 21:08     #181
StN
I have detailed files

>

Old 31st March 2014, 02:34     #182
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Two new polls.

Quote:
One News/Colmar Brunton results:

National – 47% down 4%
Labour – 31% down 3%
Greens – 11% up 3%
Winston First – 7% up 4%
Maori – 1%
Conservatives – 2% up 1%

Preferred PM:

John Key – 42% down 1%
David Cunliffe – 8% down 2%

3News/Reid Research poll results:

National – 45.9% up 1.4%
Labour - 31.2% down 2.3%

Greens - 11.2% down 1.2%
Winston First – 4.9% down 0.8%
Maori – 1.5%
Act – 1.1% up 1.1%

Preferred PM:

John Key – 42.6% up 3.6%
David Cunliffe – 9% down 1.8%

David Cunliffe – 8% down 2%
David Cunliffe – 9% down 1.8%

Dead man walking.
Old 31st March 2014, 09:13     #183
chubby

muh

winstons time to shine approaches.
Old 31st March 2014, 09:23     #184
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby
winstons time to shine approaches.
I'm gonna be just a tiny bit sad when Winston gets out of the game, he's far more entertaining than KDC as the love-to-hate antagonist.
Old 31st March 2014, 13:45     #185
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

He used to be. Not any more.
Old 31st March 2014, 16:47     #186
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Dead man walking.
I would think it would be pretty silly to go through the process of changing leaders less than 6 months from an election that could go either way?
Old 31st March 2014, 16:52     #187
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

So would I, but then again I'm not going to an election with an anvil named David Cunliffe strapped to my ankle. People who are unqualified to do anything in the private sector do crazy shit when their parliamentary salaries are under threat.
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:40     #188
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Please, leftwing activists, I beg you to do as you promise and cover New Zealand with these images in the leadup to the election.
Old 2nd April 2014, 20:19     #189
fixed_truth

That's pretty retarded.
Old 2nd April 2014, 20:51     #190
Lightspeed

Yeah, those are Labour colours, lolz. What a blunder!
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:54     #191
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Known right-wing sympathiser Danyl Mclauchlan:

Quote:
Now, Key is not magical. He’s not unbeatable. Clark almost lost the 2005 election on popularity ratings only marginally lower than his. But the public doesn’t have to give the opposition leader the benefit of the doubt. They don’t have to listen to him. If they’re given the choice between a known quantity who has been running the country for six years and some new guy who seems kind of bumbling and untrustworthy then that’s an incredibly easy choice and people are making it.
Old 4th April 2014, 15:02     #192
Lightspeed

More polls lolz:
Labour/ Greens (45%) regain lead over National (43%)
Old 10th April 2014, 20:55     #193
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Labour yesterday rebuffed a proposal by the Green Party to present both parties as a coalition Government in waiting during in the run-up to the September 20 election.

Labour co-leader David Cunliffe indicated that such a pre-election arrangement could have posed problems with post-election negotiations with other parties, such as New Zealand First.

The Greens never had a formal coalition with the three-term Helen Clark Government, sufficing with a less extensive support agreement and no ministers.

Mr Cunliffe told the Herald tonight he envisaged that Labour would try to negotiate a formal coalition agreement with the Greens after the election, but until then he would be referring to a “Labour-led Government,” not a “Labour-Greens Government” – or a “Green-Labour Government” which had also been raised.
Old 19th April 2014, 02:21     #194
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Latest Roy Morgan:

Quote:
National has 48.5 percent support, up 5.5 percentage points from the previous poll taken in late March.
Support for Labour slumped 3.5 points to 28.5 percent, its lowest level since April 2012 and the lowest under leader David Cunliffe who was derided for complaining about Prime Minister John Key getting all the royal attention.
The Greens, Labour's likely post-election partner, also slipped 1.5 points to 11.5 percent.

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/National-leap...#ixzz2zFAwwp00
Old 19th April 2014, 11:23     #195
leadinjector

im confused, why the fuck would the royal family be hanging out with the leader of the opposition anyway? hes just some schmuck who leads the losers. if he wins then he gets to hobnob if he likes, but right now he is a nobody. back of the line bro.
Old 19th April 2014, 11:32     #196
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Latest Roy Morgan:
Thanks earthquake! \o/
Old 19th April 2014, 11:47     #197
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
im confused, why the fuck would the royal family be hanging out with the leader of the opposition anyway? hes just some schmuck who leads the losers. if he wins then he gets to hobnob if he likes, but right now he is a nobody. back of the line bro.
The opposition is an essential component of a functioning democracy, I guess its importance and value needs to be recognised as well.

The ones who lost are those who don't have representation in parliament.
Old 8th May 2014, 19:13     #198
fixed_truth

Another isolated poll.

National takes 6 point dive
Old 8th May 2014, 19:42     #199
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I'd be interested to know the polling period for that one - before or after Judith started looking "tired and emotional". If it's before, then I imagine it'd be even more painful for National right now.
Old 8th May 2014, 20:09     #200
fixed_truth

The polling period was April 21 – May 4, 2014. Collins had her episode on the afternoon of the 4th iirc.