Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 6th December 2011, 01:16     #121
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
It's not like MMP is hard to understand :/ (especially when compared to STV).
STV: rank these people in order from "like" to "hate"

That's some mensa shit right thur.
Old 6th December 2011, 09:41     #122
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Really? How do you figure that?
Because he's smrt.
Old 6th December 2011, 17:28     #123
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Doubtful. They more likely voted for FPP to relive "the good old days".
Old 7th December 2011, 19:09     #124
Furry Crew

So all you supposed left winginger that voted for Winston to "keep national honest" now have to deal with nut jobs like this guy.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10771554

GG New Zealand GG

Old 8th December 2011, 02:26     #125
cyc
Objection!

MORE LOLLAGE

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10771554

Quote:
One of Canterbury's newest MPs wants to ban the burqa and arm bank tellers, dairy owners and taxi drivers.

NZ First list MP Richard Prosser garnered just 538 votes in the Waimakariri electorate, but swept into Parliament on the strength of party leader Winston Peters' rise from the grave.

Quote:
On the burqa, he says New Zealand should ban the traditional Islamic women's head-to-toe clothing: "This is my culture and my country, not yours. Get some respect and conform."

On compulsory military training: "There will be the pacifists, the weaklings, the other cowards and bludgers ... who will conscientiously object ... they can spend a couple of years picking up rubbish off the beaches and digging out long-drops for DOC instead."

Mr Prosser says Norway's recent mass killing by Anders Behring Breivik "put the spotlight on a number of human and societal failings'' applicable to New Zealand.

"As recently as 1973 every bank in New Zealand had a pistol under the counter and tellers undertook regular revolver training.

"Whose brilliantly stupid idea was it for that policy to be abandoned?''

He suggests "dairy owners and householders alike'' should be allowed to have a "shotgun within reach, and taxi drivers as well as cops should almost be required to have at least a Walther PPK clipped to the sun visor''.
Oh and to top it all off, this idiot is breeding:

Quote:
Mr Prosser and his partner, Mel Francis, have a two-year-old daughter and have lived in Ashley for the last three years after moving north from Otago so Ms Francis could study at the College of Education.
JOY TO THE WORLD!

Thanks, Winston First voters.
Old 12th December 2011, 03:25     #126
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
That part is easy. Now explain to an uneducated voter how it actually works when the votes are counted.
If the person you have at #1 doesn't get enough votes to win, your vote is then given to the person you have at #2. And so on until someone has enough votes to win.
Old 22nd January 2014, 09:02     #127
fixed_truth

It's a matter of principle!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11189987
Old 22nd January 2014, 09:36     #128
chubby

muh nice necro

some pretty funny shit right here.
Old 22nd January 2014, 12:56     #129
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The sentiment of this thread's title remains.

PS Fuck MMP.
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:22     #130
Lightspeed

Right wing voter hates MMP, who would have thunk?
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:38     #131
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Although to be fair, Winston isn't really Winston any more.
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:40     #132
CCS
Stunt Pants

All I see is politicians using MMP the way it is meant to be used.

Cunliffe exposes the entrenched view of Labour of being stuck in the past.
Old 22nd January 2014, 14:15     #133
fixed_truth

^

So it's not Key going back on his principled stand because this election he might need NZF?

What exactly has changed in the last few years since Key ruled out working with Peters?

Quote:
"I don't see a place for a Winston Peters-led New Zealand First in a government that I lead"

"If Winston Peters holds the balance of power, it will be a Phil Goff-led government,"

"Mr Peters will be unacceptable as a Minister in a government led by me unless he can provide a credible explanation." (re:Owen Glen donation)
Old 22nd January 2014, 14:19     #134
pxpx

The flip flop argument people use in debates on politics is so tiring.

Nats change their mind on Winston
Labor changes its mind on GST Free Fruit & Veg.

ZzzzzzZ
Old 22nd January 2014, 14:39     #135
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

At least with Labour you get to seem them change their minds on something TWICE. But in the same direction. Does that even count as a flip-flop? Or is one just redundant?

25 March 2013:

Quote:
Labour is considering going back on one of its major election promises – GST-free fresh fruit and vegetables.

It says it has to prioritise, but the tax break would be the third major policy the party's scrapped since the last election, if they go back on it - and the Government says it's impossible to know what Labour now stands for.

"If we can't afford policies then they will have to go. GST off fresh fruit and veg is one thing we're looking at," says Labour leader David Shearer.

It was a major election promise in 2011 pushed by former leader Phil Goff.

"Labour's plan is a bold one. It's a game-changer. It's about fairness," said Mr Goff at the time.

But that boldness and fairness didn't win Labour the election, and with Mr Goff gone so too went the policies. The plan not to tax the first $5000 earned has gone, and restarting contributions to the New Zealand Super Fund has also been scrapped.

"We're going to have to throw out some of the policies that are going to cost us a lot of money," says Mr Shearer.
22 Jan 2014

Quote:
Labour has officially dropped its policies of having the first $5000 of earnings tax free and of removing GST from fresh fruit and vegetables Leader David Cunliffe said this morning.

The policies were adopted in the run up to the 2011 election under then-Leader Phil Goff but Mr Cunliffe's immediate predecessor David Shearer in his first major speech as leader almost two years ago indicated that the policies would be dumped.

Labour estimated the policies would cost the Government about $1.5 billion a year in lost revenue.

"While these were worthwhile policies , we believe there are better ways to help struggling Kiwi families'', Mr Cunliffe said.
Old 22nd January 2014, 18:41     #136
chubby

Wink

just say it guys...principles were made to be reneged on.they're for the idiots to hold up and point at when needed,forgotten as soon as required.

johns still the man.
Old 22nd January 2014, 18:45     #137
Lightspeed

I think I prefer pragmatism over principals.

John is the man, you're right, he's very much steeped in the values of yesterday, the man's world. He's a dinosaur though, he'll be burnt for fuel soon enough.
Old 22nd January 2014, 19:00     #138
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
^

So it's not Key going back on his principled stand because this election he might need NZF?

What exactly has changed in the last few years since Key ruled out working with Peters?
"It was six years ago that the particular issues around the [Owen] Glenn donation took place. We're not going to get answers to those questions but a lot of time has moved on.
Old 22nd January 2014, 19:43     #139
fixed_truth

So in other words although there's been no "credible explanation" about misleading the public and parliament, no money paid back nor admission from Peters - Key is willing to go back on his principles to say in power.
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:00     #140
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
The flip flop argument people use in debates on politics is so tiring.

Nats change their mind on Winston
Labor changes its mind on GST Free Fruit & Veg.

ZzzzzzZ
It's not so much the flip flopping per se that rustles me jims, it's his bullshit stance over two elections that it was a matter of principle and the right thing to do.
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:06     #141
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
So in other words although there's been no "credible explanation" about misleading the public and parliament, no money paid back nor admission from Peters - Key is willing to go back on his principles to say in power.
Interesting way to interpret that.
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:28     #142
chubby

Snore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Interesting way to interpret that.
if by 'interesting' you mean 'quite fair'
Old 19th February 2014, 12:06     #143
chubby

muh

LOL
key on RNZ minutes ago..."we arn't really sure if winston would go with us....,the most we could mebbe hope for was some sort of abstention.."
but you surely were asking weren't you john.
Old 19th February 2014, 12:11     #144
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

k.
Old 21st February 2014, 17:44     #145
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Winston's in campaign mode.

Grey Power audience: check

Dirty Asians are taking over our country: check

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11207350
Old 21st February 2014, 21:31     #146
fixed_truth

Yep. What a cock.
Old 21st February 2014, 21:57     #147
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Mr Peters delivered his address on Auckland's North Shore today to a captivated crowd of Grey Power members.

The NZ First leader stuck to familiar touchstones, reminding his audience he had successfully brought in the Gold Card, warning of the dangers of immigration and reminiscing about New Zealand's golden years.

New Zealand has become a country with assets to be sold and wages to be lowered, Mr Peters said.

Mass immigration had resulted in masses of the Grey Power members' children and grandchildren flocking to Australia where they were treated as second-class citizens, he said.

"We are not doing as well as we once did ... we want again to be a proud nation."
Old 21st February 2014, 22:04     #148
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

David Cunliffe gets the technical details of a policy wrong, media shitstorm.

Winston Peters blatantly lies and says crazy shit, media nods and goes "hmm, we report you decide"
Old 21st February 2014, 22:23     #149
CCS
Stunt Pants

Well, it's par for the course with Winston, innit? Whereas Cunliffe has only just become Head Gimp of Labour so he's still newsworthy for his fuckups
Old 21st February 2014, 22:51     #150
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
David Cunliffe gets the technical details of a policy wrong, media shitstorm.

Winston Peters blatantly lies and says crazy shit, media nods and goes "hmm, we report you decide"
Par for the course really. It's embarrassing getting caught up in any media hype as if it's actually meaningful.