Originally Posted by MrTTTT
hihi ^_^
You say that like you're proud of it?
Old 26th April 2011, 08:53     #162
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Fuck, that's it - CBF reading this thread any more - too retarded.
And this is the problem. Whilst adonis says himself that it's subjective what people will consider to be 'caring about the vulnerable', he's got his own standard that GT would never be able to meet unless, I suspect, GT completely realigns his views to be the same as adonis.

I mean, just look at this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis
No he didn't. I think your view of what constitutes adequate proof is dysfunctional.

Lightspeed stated an opinion, your opinion differs, but there is insufficient proof to prove either opinion as fact, even if there is such a thing when discussing such subjective material.
That's purely retarded.

Quote:
CCS just doesn't understand how to construct a proper argument.
Irony!
Old 26th April 2011, 10:31     #163
chubby

Wink

Quote:
Golden Teapot: I would like to hear your response to Nothing's question as well.
hope youve got lots of food and water and a pompous ass decoder ring.
Old 26th April 2011, 11:09     #164
pxpx

In this thread: We argue about arguing.

jeez is that even spelt right? herp!
Old 26th April 2011, 12:12     #165
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
In this thread: We argue about arguing.

jeez is that even spelt right? herp!
Agreed. There was some good discussion to start with, and then it turned to shit.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:13     #166
CCS
Stunt Pants

Glad that you're doing your part to uphold thread qualities!
Old 26th April 2011, 15:22     #167
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
And this is the problem. Whilst adonis says himself that it's subjective what people will consider to be 'caring about the vulnerable', he's got his own standard that GT would never be able to meet unless, I suspect, GT completely realigns his views to be the same as adonis.
Probably true, what exactly is wrong with that? If it is true, by your own logic, you're basically asking me to do the same. If our world-views really are that different, then the opposite would be required for me to accept HIS side of the argument. You're the one insisting that those opposing his viewpoint accept his benevolent nature. I just want to him to elaborate further in an attempt to understand it, a few anecdotes about how he gives to charity doesn't really tell me jack. I'm under no allusions that either side will accept the other's POV anytime soon.

Your argument has basically been an attempt to shut down the discussion by screaming "OMG YOU'RE WRONG", without any substantiative argument behind it.
Old 26th April 2011, 17:39     #168
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Probably true, what exactly is wrong with that?

Quote:
If it is true, by your own logic, you're basically asking me to do the same.
No I'm not. That is some imaginary crap you've come up with.

Quote:
If our world-views really are that different, then the opposite would be required for me to accept HIS side of the argument.
I'm not so concerned about whether you accept his argument or not. The crux of the matter is that you've just dismissed his argument entirely by saying that the examples he's given are not adequate. Fuck explaining what would be acceptable as adequate, eh! Just keep moving those goalposts back!

No, I don't need you to completely realign your views in order to accept his argument. But you'd be a smart guy to accept that the examples he gave have some merit and you'd use that as a platform to build upon rather than outright dismissing his argument.

Quote:
You're the one insisting that those opposing his viewpoint accept his benevolent nature.
No, I'm not. Where did you get that from? Imagination Land again?

Quote:
I just want to him to elaborate further in an attempt to understand it
Then you should ask him to do so. Just a though.

Quote:
Your argument has basically been an attempt to shut down the discussion by screaming "OMG YOU'RE WRONG", without any substantiative argument behind it.
More imaginary bullshit. GT has offered up some examples of how he cares about the vulnerable. Lolspeed has not. So it's lolspeed's turn to offer up something substantive.

Anyway, you're pretty thick. I've read some of your posts and not bothered responding because I can see that you're some kind of retard whose ability to think openly is eclipsed by his sound belief that he is always correct. Hey, you're not a uni student are you?
Old 26th April 2011, 18:00     #169
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
The crux of the matter is that you've just dismissed his argument entirely by saying that the examples he's given are not adequate.
I can't speak for anyone else, but no example would satisfy me, which is why I simply wouldn't ask for any. To me GT is about as sad as a guy who thinks posting on the internet about his fucking his girlfriend proves to everyone that he is a virile male, something he's unfortunately insecure about in himself.

Quote:
GT has offered up some examples of how he cares about the vulnerable. Lolspeed has not. So it's lolspeed's turn to offer up something substantive.
On the subject of making shit up, who invents these rules and can I have a go?

Last edited by Lightspeed : 26th April 2011 at 18:02.
Old 26th April 2011, 18:07     #170
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I can't speak for anyone else, but no example would satisfy me, which is why I simply wouldn't ask for any. To me GT is about as sad as a guy who thinks posting on the internet about his fucking his girlfriend proves to everyone that he is a virile male, something he's unfortunately insecure about in himself.
At least you're finally straightforward and honest about something

Quote:
On the subject of making shit up, who invents these rules and can I have a go?
Gonna have to elaborate on that one, bub.
Old 26th April 2011, 19:07     #171
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I'm not so concerned about whether you accept his argument or not. The crux of the matter is that you've just dismissed his argument entirely by saying that the examples he's given are not adequate.
You're not concerned about whether I accept his argument, but the crux is that I've dismissed it?

Look, Nothing summed up the argument quite well a few pages back,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
However, I do want to point out that caring about the vulnerable by way of giving to charitable causes in no way precludes one from subscribing to a political view which is decidedly counter to the interests of poor and/or vulnerable people. Furthermore, if Lightspeed originally intended to discuss GT's politics (as might reasonably be inferred, given that this is in fact a politics forum), then GT's defence of his politics by providing evidence in the form of charitable donations doesn't really perform the function that you claim it does CCS.
Why would I accept giving charity to the vulnerable as proof of caring for the vulnerable when a person's politics runs so contrary to that goal that such charity can only be viewed with cynicism?
Old 26th April 2011, 19:12     #172
cyc
Objection!

Quote:

Okay, so you've finally admitted that you're a dick. Thank you.
Old 26th April 2011, 19:39     #173
GM

How mature of you cyc.
Old 26th April 2011, 20:42     #174
MrTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Okay, so you've finally admitted that you're a dick. Thank you.
Hi broken record.
Old 26th April 2011, 21:29     #175
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Why would I accept giving charity to the vulnerable as proof of caring for the vulnerable when a person's politics runs so contrary to that goal that such charity can only be viewed with cynicism?
Quote:
Wow. Separated at birth?
Old 26th April 2011, 22:55     #176
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Wow. Separated at birth?
ARE YOU ACCUSING ADONIS AND LIGHTSPEED OF BEING KINDRED SPIRITS?

Lightspeed will not stand for it!!
Old 26th April 2011, 23:46     #177
CCS
Stunt Pants

Haha, lolspeed really should ask adonis not to join in on his arguments. Adonis is like the angry, impetuous, foaming-at-the-mouth little brother of lolspeed.
Old 27th April 2011, 01:10     #178
MrTTTT

Sad

cyc + CCS = homos together \
Old 27th April 2011, 01:28     #179
CCS
Stunt Pants

MrTTTT = forever alone
Old 27th April 2011, 09:19     #180
StN
I have detailed files

Have we stopped the asset sales yet?
Old 27th April 2011, 10:10     #181
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
cyc + CCS = homos together \
Could you at least try a little bit harder? I am not even the slightest bit insulted -- I am actually pitying you for being so utterly pathetic.

Old 27th April 2011, 10:20     #182
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Have we stopped the asset sales yet?
No but we have proved that indeed, Haters gonna hate.
Old 27th April 2011, 10:30     #183
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Glad that you're doing your part to uphold thread qualities!
I tried to. A few pages back I tried to bring it back on track. But as soon as you guys get your claws into someone, its all gone.
Old 27th April 2011, 10:58     #184
MrTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Could you at least try a little bit harder? I am not even the slightest bit insulted -- I am actually pitying you for being so utterly pathetic.

I see you went with the facepalm rather than the condescending-laugh-smiley for that one... An interesting choice.
Old 27th April 2011, 11:00     #185
MrTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
CCS = forever alone
LOLOL
Old 27th April 2011, 11:29     #186
^BITES^

Quote:
LOLOL
School holidays huh? ... bit bored from 9-3?

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 27th April 2011, 11:43     #187
Lightspeed

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Haha, lolspeed really should ask adonis not to join in on his arguments. Adonis is like the angry, impetuous, foaming-at-the-mouth little brother of lolspeed.
Really? I thought that was you.
Old 27th April 2011, 11:48     #188
aR Que

Ah yes, the smilies and petty insult stage of an NZG argument, beautiful to see in its natural environment.
Old 27th April 2011, 11:57     #189
Lightspeed

Well it sure beats the TL;DR stage that was page four. Sheeit.
Old 27th April 2011, 15:28     #190
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Really? I thought that was you.
You can always dream, I suppose.
Old 27th April 2011, 17:53     #191
chubby

dont you people have jobs?
Old 27th April 2011, 19:03     #192
The Edge

Quote:
LOLOL
That's the best you can do, and even then you still find your own joke hilarious?
Old 29th April 2011, 18:59     #193
StN
I have detailed files

One time, at ban camp, Ab got his stick out...
Old 30th April 2011, 15:39     #194
chubby

john armstrong. not a raving leftie.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...ectid=10722403
Old 30th April 2011, 15:50     #195
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
One time, at ban camp, Ab got his stick out...
I'll tidy this shit up tonight.
Old 30th April 2011, 16:46     #196
CCS
Stunt Pants

I hope you're not going to delete lolspeed and adonis' posts where they admit to being gigantic frauds.
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:24     #197
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Jesus, is there anything - ANYTHING - that Labour can do without fucking up?
http://makeyourownbillboard.co.nz/view/30031275
Old 2nd May 2011, 19:16     #198
doppelgänger of someone

Mine:

http://makeyourownbillboard.co.nz/view/30031691
Old 2nd May 2011, 22:01     #199
verve_rat

http://makeyourownbillboard.co.nz/view/30032028
Old 3rd May 2011, 00:11     #200
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
National's plan to sell assets will create bigger budget holes in the future.

PS: OH GOD WHY LABOUR, WHY? THE STUPID, IT BURNS