NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 25th March 2011, 18:54     #41
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

No, because Hughes was a List MP we now we also get to see which unelectable Labour parasite from the List gets to take his place.

WHEN I SAY "JUDITH" YOU SAY "TIZARD"!
JUDITH!
TIZARD!
WHO WANTS THE REWIND?!
Old 25th March 2011, 18:59     #42
StN
I have detailed files

All I can say is that I am soooo happy my mate Byan wasn't leader of the opposition 15 years ago when I attended the Marlborough Wine and Food festival...

He may have had to explain why there was a naked man running around Blenheim. $3 wines and a heap of "Vineyard dollars" at the end of the day can lead to strangeness.
Old 25th March 2011, 19:45     #43
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Go go Americanisation of Democracy! Who cares about policy? Personality politics is where it's at
If you're talking policy, though, what remotely interesting/useful policy does Goff have?

Personally, I am a bit disturbed by the fact that the political/societal environment is such that merely because a member of parliament is accused of (or is seemingly accused of) taking advantage of a younger men sexually, he's effectively left with no option but to resign. Is it a bad look for the opposition's education spokesperson to go on some pissfest with a bunch of varsity students and then going home with one of them? Sure. Should he have had to take leave from Parliament? Won't argue there either. Is it necessary to resign right now? Don't think so.

This guy looks like a sacrificial lamb to cover for the utterly immoral, hypocritical, and daft way that Goff had originally tried to cover the whole thing up. GG Labour -- another nail in the coffin, as if it wasn't tightly shut already. Goff really should do his party a favour and quit after this year's elections.
Old 25th March 2011, 20:16     #44
BoyWonder

So do you think he will vote for or against the drinking age rising to 20?

Too old.
Old 25th March 2011, 20:41     #45
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
WHEN I SAY "JUDITH" YOU SAY "TIZARD"!
JUDITH!
TIZARD!
WHO WANTS THE REWIND?!
Old 25th March 2011, 20:59     #46
StN
I have detailed files

I had something excellent to post in this thread whilst mowing the lawn after a few beers. I think this means I need to build some kind of 802.11n lawnmower mounted netbook...
Old 25th March 2011, 21:13     #47
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
I had something excellent to post in this thread whilst mowing the lawn after a few beers. I think this means I need to build some kind of 802.11n lawnmower mounted netbook...
QotMed
Old 25th March 2011, 21:23     #48
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

I'm very happy with Goff. He shows us time-and-again exactly what Labour stands for and I love him for it. And I doubt he'll get rolled since there's really nobody better for the job in their ranks.

This is going to be a three-term or more National government. Hurray for some sanity at the helm.
Old 25th March 2011, 21:29     #49
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
If you're talking policy, though, what remotely interesting/useful policy does Goff have?
I think a key platform policy for them is their tax policy (as it would enable them to protect public services that there is a real demand for)
Quote:
in times of recession the government should provide tax relief to the lower and middle socio-economic classes, as this group will spend any increase in disposable income, thereby stimulating demand in the economy. He stated that giving tax relief to the wealthy is counterproductive, as they either save or retire debt; which is exactly what has happened in NZ. Alan Bollard, Bill English and the Treasury have admitted that the latest tax cuts have had no stimulatory effect on the economy at all.
http://blog.labour.org.nz/index.php/...announcements/

Also Cunliffe does a good job is summing up of where National went wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqGKTG0liA&t=4m07s

[btw I'm not a Labour supporter, I'm just generally more aligned with their way of doing things compared to National]
Old 26th March 2011, 12:08     #50
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Oh come on - every post from you is left of center; normally so far left you're in the territory of the loonies.
Old 26th March 2011, 13:13     #51
Lightspeed

Wacked

Pot/kettle.
Old 26th March 2011, 15:01     #52
cyc
Objection!

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Pot/kettle.
This coming from you, who's probably the most intellectually dishonest fraud on these forums, is truly much than a bit rich.
Old 26th March 2011, 15:18     #53
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
This coming from you, who's probably the most intellectually dishonest fraud on these forums, is truly much than a bit rich.
Old 26th March 2011, 18:15     #54
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Pot/kettle.

Not really. He didn't say "I'm not a national supporter, I just align with their views" - unlike our red loving chubby.
Old 26th March 2011, 18:18     #55
Lightspeed

He (GT) does strike me as a loony though. I mean, unless you think it's rational to believe the left have bred up an underclass.
Old 26th March 2011, 18:26     #56
leadinjector

Quote:
He (GT) does strike me as a loony though. I mean, unless you think it's rational to believe the left have bred up an underclass.
yeah, but you think some guy in the sky magicked into existence with a wave of his finger so what does that make you?
Old 26th March 2011, 18:59     #57
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

labour's major problem is that its policy is designed (unwittingly undoubtedly) to be accepted primarily by those from the silent and boomer generations. The generations that followed are now a significant part of the electorate and have fundamentally different outlooks on life.

labour will go the way of NZ First if they don't modernise their policy to have appeal to all that might have a slight left bias.

Fill-in will have to go I am sure and someone much younger will need to take the reigns. The issue they have of course is that under the tyrannical leadership of their recent past all up-coming talent was killed off.

They are screwed for at least a couple more terms and frankly I'm not unhappy about this.
Old 26th March 2011, 21:46     #58
chubby

o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
Not really. He didn't say "I'm not a national supporter, I just align with their views" - unlike our red loving chubby.
are you another one of the dummys around here who doesn't understand that there are actually more than 2 political parties in our country?
Old 28th March 2011, 13:52     #59
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The Great Darren Hughes Phil Goff meltdown thread

boobs
Old 28th March 2011, 13:54     #60
CCS
Stunt Pants

you so hateful, ab
Old 28th March 2011, 14:07     #61
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

You call it hate, I call it "enhanced love".
Old 28th March 2011, 14:23     #62
CCS
Stunt Pants

That's a kind of love I don't want to feel.

Anyway...

Old 28th March 2011, 14:30     #63
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I was about twenty lines into a post about Labour's shittiness and I gave up. There's no point. Labour right now is a clusterfuck that doesn't acknowledge that it's a clusterfuck. They're like an alcoholic who doesn't believe he has a drinking problem.
Old 28th March 2011, 14:54     #64
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I was about twenty lines into a post about Labour's shittiness and I gave up.
Nevermind, there's a reasonable summary here.
Old 28th March 2011, 15:09     #65
xpandnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Oh, you hating on gingas now? BIGOT!
This is what happens when you let gingers into parliament. Would suck to have gingivitis.
Old 28th March 2011, 16:48     #66
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

http://blog.labour.org.nz/index.php/...comment-164730

Well Simon, what was it you said that got summarily censored?
Old 28th March 2011, 17:26     #67
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Ah, yes. That clueless bint Curran was having her usual emo whinefest of "We're not crap, it's a media beat-up" and I replied something like

The Opposition Spokesman on Education - a man held up by Labour as the next Minister of Education - attends a function at an educational institution in his official capacity and there picks up a first-year student, takes him out drinking, and then takes him back to the home of the Deputy Leader of the Opposition for something that results in the teenager fleeing in a state of undress to flag down a police car in the street... and this is the MEDIA's fault?

Curran deleted my comment as being on an off-limits topic, and when I observed that the SUBJECT of her fucking blog post was media coverage of the Hughes scandal, Mallard waded in with the banstick.

I think they're all feeling a bit sensitive.
Old 28th March 2011, 17:29     #68
aR Que

Good work
Old 28th March 2011, 17:30     #69
cyc
Objection!

Hahahahaha loving this Labour implosion.
Old 28th March 2011, 18:17     #70
crocos

Awesome call Ab

LOL @ Claire and Trev not being able to handle frank & open discussion because they know they've got nothing.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 28th March 2011, 18:57     #71
leadinjector

wish i could score a job making 200k a year to get on the razz at student Dos and fuck 18 year olds.
Old 28th March 2011, 19:11     #72
Nothing

18 year old guys?
Old 28th March 2011, 21:37     #73
leadinjector

for 200k... lets say its on the table.
Old 28th March 2011, 22:11     #74
doppelgänger of someone

OF COURSE this is a media beat up. When there are gazillion more important things on the table, e.g. what is the best way to reconstruct ChCh; how is civil defence performing, when ChCh business people accuse them of mismanagement etc. etc., all we hear about is this storm in the tea cup. It is like reading Woman's Day The Beehive Edition.

Having said that, should the media or us hold politicians to a higher standard? I say OF COURSE, leaders of the nation NEED to be a better human being. If my alcoholic uncle or cougar aunt screwed up because of personal flaw, s/he would only ruin his/her family and friends. If the leaders screw up, they can lead the whole nation straight to hell. So OF COURSE we want better human beings at the helm, OF COURSE we should hold them to higher standard.

If politicians think public service is JUST another job, they need to quit right NOW.
Old 28th March 2011, 22:20     #75
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
for 200k... lets say its on the table.
Reminds me of a drunken discussion I overheard 20+ years ago at a party. Apparantly even my most staunchest of mates had their price! (And with some the price was disturbingly low)
Old 28th March 2011, 23:18     #76
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
OF COURSE this is a media beat up. When there are gazillion more important things on the table, e.g. what is the best way to reconstruct ChCh; how is civil defence performing, when ChCh business people accuse them of mismanagement etc. etc., all we hear about is this storm in the tea cup. It is like reading Woman's Day The Beehive Edition.
Hear the screams of Center 42
Loud enough to bust your brains out
The opposition's tongue is cut in two
Keep off the street 'cause you're in danger
Old 28th March 2011, 23:33     #77
doppelgänger of someone

facepalm

Quote:
I say OF COURSE, leaders of the nation NEED to be a better human being.
Grandma fail.

"I say OF COURSE, leaders of the nation NEED to be better human beings".
Old 28th March 2011, 23:43     #78
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
If my alcoholic uncle or cougar aunt
Tell me more about this aunt of yours.
Old 29th March 2011, 09:25     #79
GM

Today we are paying for bunch of no hopers to fly to Napier to have a chin wag about some guy who had a midnight affair with a school boy.

Your taxes at work :|
Old 29th March 2011, 09:34     #80
StN
I have detailed files

Napier? I thought they were all going down to Dunners to visit the Ab-Banner^H^H^HTrev?