Be polite you fucking bitches - Ab
Old 24th September 2010, 14:11     #42
StN
I have detailed files

Ok - what did I miss...
Old 24th September 2010, 14:19     #43
Jodi

Bad CCS, No Biscuit! (what did he do?)

I think the general argument for decriminalising any illicit drug is so that its manufacture, distribution and taxation can be controlled by the government.

Then they can track the users, manage their health benefits, and do public education. Eventually it becomes socially marginalised so that only a small subsection of society does it. Which is the best you can hope for when dealing with socially unacceptable behaviour in a large democracy.

But mainly for the tax revenue.
Old 24th September 2010, 14:26     #44
CCS
Stunt Pants

Old 24th September 2010, 14:28     #45
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi
Eventually it becomes socially marginalised so that only a small subsection of society does it.
Yeah, like alcohol.
Old 24th September 2010, 16:30     #46
fixed_truth

I can see the logic of making the misuse of drugs a health problem rather than a justice problem but to me it's seems like a big risk to take with one of the most dangerous drugs out there. Let's see what happens with weed first.

Portugal =! New Zealand
Old 24th September 2010, 16:33     #47
Noodles
Wireless Slacker

Btw, speaking of drugs, wtf is up with this guy? http://www.elections2010.co.nz/2010/candidates/nga-dave

Profile basically says, I'm a truck driver with little education and smokes marijuana. I don't think he's going to get many votes.
Old 24th September 2010, 16:55     #48
adonis

Jodi's argument is one side of it.

Here's a highly addictive drug which has the effect of destroying people's lives and, well, making them bat-shit crazy. If people are stupid enough to smoke the stuff in the first place, I doubt the fact that it's illegal and therefore harder to obtain will stop them. Keeping it illegal just throws more gun-powder on the fire. I don't want to give drug addicts more incentive to keep their problems to themselves. I don't want to give them more things to be paranoid about when their brain is already being shot to pieces. I heard a story about a P-addict who threw a baby from a moving car because he was being chased by the cops, when you're dealing with people in that kind of situation the worst thing you can possibly do is back them further into a corner.

Another point is that by decrimilising it you effectively eliminate all the organised crime associated with it. Decriminalising drugs and regulating their production/distribution would have a far greater impact on gangs than banning gang patches ever could.
Old 24th September 2010, 16:57     #49
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Let's see what happens with weed first.
That I agree with.
Old 24th September 2010, 17:53     #50
Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Yeah, like alcohol.
Yea, and prohibition works too.

Drug use / over use / abuse == Solvable?
Old 24th September 2010, 18:48     #51
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis
Here's a highly addictive drug which has the effect of destroying people's lives and, well, making them bat-shit crazy. If people are stupid enough to smoke the stuff in the first place, I doubt the fact that it's illegal and therefore harder to obtain will stop them. Keeping it illegal just throws more gun-powder on the fire. I don't want to give drug addicts more incentive to keep their problems to themselves. I don't want to give them more things to be paranoid about when their brain is already being shot to pieces. I heard a story about a P-addict who threw a baby from a moving car because he was being chased by the cops, when you're dealing with people in that kind of situation the worst thing you can possibly do is back them further into a corner.
Yep some good points there.

My concern would be that there would be a greater number of users due to it's increased availability, including teenagers (who do stupid shit).
Old 24th September 2010, 19:37     #52
Lightspeed

Exclamation

Sweet, they are online.

This candidate is the best I think:
http://www.elections2010.co.nz/2010/.../aileen-austin

Or maybe this guy:
http://www.elections2010.co.nz/2010/...ymond-presland

I like how he has to remind us that despite all appearances, blood and not sawdust runs in his veins.
Old 24th September 2010, 19:42     #53
Lightspeed

All the candidates can be found here:
http://www.elections2010.co.nz/2010/...auckland-mayor
Old 24th September 2010, 20:06     #54
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
All the candidates can be found here:
http://www.elections2010.co.nz/2010/...auckland-mayor
"Test Candidate" gets my vote!
Old 26th September 2010, 21:43     #55
madmaxii

Fuck yeah Pepsi.

Far better platform than the others.

Quote:
doesn't exist.
That's what I'm after
Old 27th September 2010, 15:12     #56
GM

So there was a full page ad put in the Herald today (section A) by family first rating 5 of the candidates using smiley / sad faces in place of 'yes' 'no' 'not sure/maybe' for a selection of family first 'values'. The propaganda dial was up to 11 on this one.

The candidate with the most smiley faces in family first eyes was 'piss in the garden' Andrew Williams.

Just to put a price on that, a full page ad costs approx $38,000.

Simon Prast, unsurprisingly got 0 smiley faces.
Old 27th September 2010, 16:24     #57
madmaxii

Probably a good idea to "vote the opposite" then.
Old 27th September 2010, 16:27     #58
crocos

Maybe, or maybe make up your own mind?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 30th September 2010, 13:15     #59
cyc
Objection!

John Banks using scare tactics?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10677053

Quote:
The Auckland City Mayor was asked on TVNZ's Close Up last night what position, if any, he would offer the Mayor of Manukau, his main rival, if he won the October 9 election.

"He's a good bloke and got a lot of talent but he's not up to the job," Mr Banks said during an at-times heated debate. "He can't deliver consistent, decisive, stable leadership on tough decisions from day one."

If he could find a role for him it "certainly wouldn't be a leadership role" because we "don't want South Auckland replicated across the rest of Auckland. His city is a social disaster."
Translation: Whities of Auckland and North Shore, vote for me or else you might be overrun by dirty niggers.
Old 30th September 2010, 13:43     #60
CCS
Stunt Pants

Still, I agree with him that Brown is not up to the job. Transparency but with limits. Contracts for the boys. Acting nutty (bizarre self-flagellation). It all makes me think he is a bit of a lunatic who is not really stable under pressure.
Old 30th September 2010, 16:02     #61
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10677053
Translation: Whities of Auckland and North Shore, vote for me or else you might be overrun by dirty niggers.
Disgusting. I'm liking the current trend on ipredict - Banks 0.18c Brown 0.81c
https://www.ipredict.co.nz/app.php?d...ct=MAYOR.BANKS
Old 30th September 2010, 16:10     #62
ZoSo

I thought our candidates were bad but after watching the Wellington clowns on Back Benches, we're not so bad anymore!
Old 1st October 2010, 16:41     #63
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Disgusting. I'm liking the current trend on ipredict - Banks 0.18c Brown 0.81c
https://www.ipredict.co.nz/app.php?d...ct=MAYOR.BANKS
This site seems potentially profitable.
Old 1st October 2010, 17:33     #64
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Sweet, they are online.

This candidate is the best I think:
http://www.elections2010.co.nz/2010/.../aileen-austin

Or maybe this guy:
http://www.elections2010.co.nz/2010/...ymond-presland

I like how he has to remind us that despite all appearances, blood and not sawdust runs in his veins.
http://www.elections2010.co.nz/2010/candidates/nga-dave

id totally vote for this guy, he seems legit
Old 2nd October 2010, 13:43     #65
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
http://www.elections2010.co.nz/2010/candidates/nga-dave

id totally vote for this guy, he seems legit
If it looks like Len Brown is going to beat Banks easily come election day i'd rather give my vote to this guy than Brown. Then I could say I voted for an honest politician, hah.

Last edited by JP : 2nd October 2010 at 13:44.
Old 4th October 2010, 09:53     #66
PhX

Cant some of these retards a least get a decent photo before they APPLY TO help RUN THE LARGEST CITY IN NZ!

Old 4th October 2010, 10:28     #67
The Edge

Great pose by Shannon Gillies.
Old 4th October 2010, 10:40     #68
crocos

Nga Dave still makes me LOL. It's like he's looking at you like you're a piece of shit and you've made him mad - are you going to vote for someone that looks at you like that?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 4th October 2010, 10:47     #69
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Nga Dave still makes me LOL. It's like he's looking at you like you're a piece of shit and you've made him mad - are you going to vote for someone that looks at you like that?
Vote for me or I'll steal your fucking mags.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 4th October 2010, 11:44     #70
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
Great pose by Shannon Gillies.
Great blurb too.

Quote:
Hi

How's it going? Good I hope. 2010 has been an awesome year and I'm in no doubt it can only get better for Aucklanders. You are all about to take part in a major historical moment and I encourage all of you to get involved in the upcoming election whether by voting or getting to know your council and mayoral candidates. By that, I don't just mean on the surface. You need to know who is financially backing them and what those backers expect if their candidate wins. You also probably need to assess if candidate promises can be fulfilled and you should find out who the council staff are. Council's elected representatives will be taking advice from these guys when it comes to forming their decisions on matters that impact you so you should get an understanding of who will be in the administration. Just so you all know, apart from three mates who've helped me by starting a net profile and getting some stickers and posters printed - that's my whole campaign. There is no corporate or political backing.

My one election promise is completely deliverable. If I am voted in as mayor I will donate half my salary to either a charity of the peoples' choice or council will hold a street party. The street will be chosen by council staff. They have a better understanding of what we can do and also they will be able to take care of safety and logistical concerns. The second election to find out what option Aucklanders wanted would be held on a social media site to keep costs down.

Just to let you all in on my campaign - I'm going for the apathy vote. I'm fine with JB and Len fighting it out for the politically aware but I'm after the people who think all politicians are the same so why bother? At the last Auckland city election, my understanding is, only around 40 per cent of eligible voters turned up to vote. So the people have not given anyone a clear mandate to run the city. I'm interested in getting as many of the apathetic to vote for me as possible. So if you don't care about politics, don't know who to vote for, you're only voting for a candidate because your parents tell you to or you're going to vote for someone with nice eyes just take a second thought. You can check out my policies and thoughts on the official face-book page, Shannon Gillies for Auckland SuperCity Mayor.
Great. 40% of eligible voters can't be bothered voting and you can't be bothered mounting a serious campaign. Why wouldn't voters bother filling out their ballot form when they have people like you to vote for? I cannot understand!!

Then there's this guy:

Wait... wat? You don't even have an opinion? Who is this guy?

Quote:
Mark Ross
Party
Independent
Standing for
Auckland Mayor
Christchurch City Council - Burwood-Pegasus Community Board
Christchurch City Council - Burwood-Pegasus Ward
Auckland Mayor... Chr.. Ch... wat?

Quote:
Name: Mark Phillip Ross
Star Sign: Gemini
Hometown: Auckland
Current Location: New Brighton Christchurch

Quote:
I urge you to cast your two votes very carefully this year as they could be for the good or harm of Christchurch. I’m your typical working class man (Courier Driver and Former Street Cleaner) that is sick and tired of our council making decisions that should be left to Property Developers and Event Promoters, whilst key services are being ignored.
So your interest in Auckland is... what now?

Quote:
Auckland's Horrendous Traffic Systems, and Crime rates.

Auckland unable to put a tent on a wharf, build a waterfront stadium, hold a street race, run a successful event and to that matter do anything right under the current crop of useless politicians.
Okay, yeah. Everbody knows that Auckland has Horrendous Traffic Systems and you, as a courier driver on the streets of Christchurch, seem like just the man to solve our problems!

What do you want anyway?
Quote:
Change that will ensure Auckland will return to its brand of "The City of Sails" from its current slogan, of The City that Cant.
You're a cant! Actually, you're a moron as well.
Old 4th October 2010, 14:01     #71
Jodi

Ugh,

It looks like I'll be forming my vote by the process of elimination.

Thanks for pointing out the ones not to vote for CCS.
Old 4th October 2010, 17:33     #72
fixed_truth

I see Bank's South Auckland bashing has hit him back in the polls.
Old 4th October 2010, 17:46     #73
Lightspeed

I think it was his stupid bloody idea of begging leftover sandwiches for a meal.
Old 4th October 2010, 21:21     #74
Jodi

Well, after getting rid of the jokers, the ones without websites, the ones without pictures I was left with banks, brown and prast.

But then prast's comments on P, and his recent use means that even as an outside chance he wont get it.

So that leaves banks and brown.

So that leaves brown.

Now, onto the local council and health boards...
Old 4th October 2010, 23:08     #75
zeekiorage

Maybe I'm showing my age here but it bothers me that the names on the voting paper are in "Last First" format and the candidate booklet is printed in "First Last". They also switched the sections slightly between the two and printed the candidate statements in .1 font size just for fun.

+1 Len Brown.
Old 5th October 2010, 12:58     #76
BoyWonder

Quote:
health boards...
If you have a name like Aaron Aardvark you will probably get onto the health board. Although some might change it up a bit and give Zoe Zanzibar top billing also.
Old 5th October 2010, 13:30     #77
JP

Quote:
Well, after getting rid of the jokers, the ones without websites, the ones without pictures I was left with banks, brown and prast.

But then prast's comments on P, and his recent use means that even as an outside chance he wont get it.

So that leaves banks and brown.

So that leaves brown.

Now, onto the local council and health boards...
+1 except I didn't go to half the effort you did. So + 0.5
Old 5th October 2010, 15:49     #78
SID|DensitY

http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2010/10/tw...raud_case.html

one confirmed to be a labour member.. intereseting..
Old 6th October 2010, 23:55     #79
Lightspeed

Exclamation

404'd!
Old 7th October 2010, 07:24     #80
SID|DensitY

yeah the blog post got locked because the people in question were granted name suppression.