Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 11th November 2008, 19:06     #1761
Sp0nge

i can understand why some people are sore losers
but its hilarious why some people choose to moan and bitch once they have won

its like winning lotto and then spending your time saying
"fuck, i didnt win for 9 years, all those other people won and i didnt...grrrrr"

ha ha
Old 11th November 2008, 19:56     #1762
Evoke

I think that winners are probably feeling annoyed by the amount of sour grapes on the losing side, and feel like they have to retaliate or defend their position. Losers have so far rung the police when the election didn't go their way, decried the failures of MMP, and said that the new govt will take the country to hell in a basket. It's a bit hard to remain quiet when the moaners surround you, don't you think?
Not to mention these are the moaners that said last time they won "We won, you lost, eat that". GG
Old 11th November 2008, 20:03     #1763
Russian

muh

re: sore losers

http://www.stuff.co.nz/vote08/4756716a28477.html

Quote:
Singer said Mr Key was Barack Obama stripped of charisma and vision. "This wasn't about desperately needed change, as in the US, but change for change's sake.

"New Zealanders just got bored.
Big no no, Aussies calling Kiwis out on their bullshit, which sets up:

Quote:
Um...John Howard anyone...

Australia criticising anyone for poor, knee-jerk politcal choices is like Columbia telling the worl to 'Just Say No'...
Quote:
Clearly the author of that article has no idea about NZ. Kiwis voted to stop wasting our money on beauracracy and against being told how to live our lives. Anyone that bleats about right wingers should catch up on the facts and realise that Nationals policies aren't going to be hugely different from Labours, except that they will be thought through, written properly and be less wasteful.
RAZOR GANGS FUCK YEAH

Quote:
What gives Ms Singer the right to criticise the New Zealand public on it's decision. Surely she should spend more time and energy looking in her own back yard.

I think we are all sick of the Australian high and mighty attitude toward our country. Obviously they have a huge chip on their shoulder. They need to get over themselves.
Smells like positive net migration to me..

Quote:
What an appalling display of irresponsible journalism from Jill Singer. As if Australia has the right take a moral high ground over New Zealand - they have as many issues as anyone else, if not more. As for the 11% of kiwis who have moved there, didn't I read on Saturday that Aussies are "fleeing" their country at a record rate, and many are choosing New Zealand as their resting place? What an embarrassment for Australia and the Herald Sun.
and then they peter out enough for me to lose interest... which further underscores my belief that there are about a dozen hard-National nerdlingers sitting at their screens hitting f5 all day so they can fill up the comments with their drivel...
Old 12th November 2008, 12:08     #1764
funnel web

A nice set of graphics from the Herald which shows the party vote break down of each electorate.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz-electio...lery_id=103350
Old 12th November 2008, 12:19     #1765
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0nge
i can understand why some people are sore losers
but its hilarious why some people choose to moan and bitch once they have won
Problem there is that nobody who is supporting the winners is moaning about the result. It's the twats who are being little whiney bitch sore losers that we're giving shit to.
Old 12th November 2008, 12:26     #1766
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Problem there is that nobody who is supporting the winners is moaning about the result.
I dunno, Rodney's technically on the "winning" side, and he's done a fair bit of moaning already
Old 12th November 2008, 12:27     #1767
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnel web
A nice set of graphics from the Herald which shows the party vote break down of each electorate.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz-electio...lery_id=103350
Shit.. the only places labour won in were the high population centers and the maori electorates?
Old 12th November 2008, 12:29     #1768
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
I dunno, Rodney's technically on the "winning" side, and he's done a fair bit of moaning already
Yeah, but it's his job to moan
Old 12th November 2008, 17:36     #1769
caffiend

Love this Joe Bennett column: http://www.stuff.co.nz/4758602a1861.html
Quote:
Victory speeches are tribal rituals. They seek to arouse hope, hope of a new dawn. They are the modern equivalent of worshipping the goddess of Spring. Which brings us to the puppy.

"Yes," said president-elect Obama, "there will be a puppy." And the crowd exulted. For the puppy is not just a puppy. It is also a metaphor. It symbolises both innocence and regeneration. It is a fresh and exuberant start. And the acquisition of the puppy is the leader's first irrevocable executive decision. Hitherto, he has only promised. Now he is acting. He has spoken and the puppy shall come to pass.

"No," said prime minister- elect Key, "there will be no puppy."

And the crowd felt miffed. So miffed, indeed, that Mr Key has already fudged it. He has suggested he might reconsider the puppy, taking into account the feelings of the family cat.
Old 12th November 2008, 17:38     #1770
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Stolen from Cactus Kate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZmKH5cerbU
Old 12th November 2008, 18:38     #1771
ZoSo

Laugh

We need side by side animated .gifs of poor old Davis trying and failing (again) to return kiss Clark on election night and Key almost landing one on Pita Sharples at the start of talks after a Hongi.
Old 12th November 2008, 20:43     #1772
Evoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
Yes there is - I was involved in helping put together parts of one of the submissions myself actually...

Pixie
it seems odd the whole thing was so subdued.. perhaps because it's not well understood. I for one didn't hear about it until just recently, but then again I live under a rock.
here's some layman's terms - http://it.gen.nz/2008/09/25/cutting-...-infringement/

although, reading some of the submissions, I am not sure whether it applies to p2p as that traffic just passes through the ISP. The legislation text is fairly vague on what an infringer is.. but then again, as evidenced by several submissions, it only speaks of audio media shifting in one of the clauses, so it's far from well-informed.