Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 18th August 2008, 18:13     #121
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
The only reason not to have Hillary as VP is that he considers her as a political threat to his authority.
That, and it would mean having another man with the right to be addressed as "Mr President" at every White House event. Fuck that. It would turn the White House into a triumvirate, with "black guys named Obama" in the minority on every decision.
Old 18th August 2008, 18:37     #122
doppelgänger of someone

I don't think Bill would be a problem. Hillary is as much her own person as Bill, she won't tolerate Bill second guessing her dealings with Obama or stealing her limelight. Hillary will make sure Bill becomes the traditional presidential spouse. If Obama gets Hillary on his ticket, I'm sure he will also remind Hillary to rein in Bill.

The only practical problem I see is that Bill will have access to wide-eye interns, AGAIN.
Old 20th August 2008, 09:59     #123
Jenza

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS...ain/index.html

Interesting read.
Old 21st August 2008, 23:22     #124
Biff

McCain polling ahead 5pts. 8 more yrs of Bush! Fuck yeah!!

America is brain dead.

Old 21st August 2008, 23:23     #125
dead goon

Calm down my son, we're not dead in the water yet.
Old 22nd August 2008, 10:43     #126
JP

The polling will often never take into account rural blacks. I'm really hoping people are going to get them registered to vote. It could deff swing the election since America has such terrible voter turn out.

I just don't think the world can handle another 4 years in this direction. Come on America.
Old 22nd August 2008, 11:56     #127
Azmodan

Pretty sure its still safe to discount most polls, Obama always outperforms them anyway, and with the number of new voters he's pulling in I think its just one of those wait and see thingos
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:32     #128
FaTBoB

where are people getting this idea that Obama is an alternative to the current admin?
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:35     #129
Fitz

I think people are getting a bit tired of the "Obama is awesome", "McCain is shit and I cant believe he said *insert crap here*" ALL OVER the fucking internet. I know Obama is using the internet as part of his campaign but tbh I am getting irritated at the amount of crap stories about these subjects.

America does the opposite of what the people "pretend" they want, they go to war and profess they never wanted to, they vote in Bush again when they publicly state he is an idiot. What they say and what they do are very different things. Obama may not win this one, I think America doesn't do change very well and will stick with the white old guy and what they know.

Change is a great slogan but it is an ideal
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:00     #130
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTBoB
where are people getting this idea that Obama is an alternative to the current admin?
I think only the deluded would believe he's an absolute change from the status quo. But to be honest, he's about the best anyone could realistically hope for.

Young (compared to the old white mens club that's the presidency), black, anti lobbying, INTELLIGENT and inspiring.

He's still an American presidential candidate, which means he can't be that great. He still has to uphold 'christian values' to have any chance of getting elected.
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:05     #131
BaM
Freeloader

muh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
He still has to pretend to uphold 'christian values' until he's elected, at which point he can reveal himself as the Antichrist.
Fixed for Americans.
Old 23rd August 2008, 13:48     #132
Biff

Old 23rd August 2008, 15:06     #133
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

^^ yep, that pretty much sums up everyday america.
Old 23rd August 2008, 19:09     #134
Solvent

All major U.S. networks reporting Biden picked as VP. Link (CNN)
Old 23rd August 2008, 19:18     #135
Biff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solvent
All major U.S. networks reporting Biden picked as VP. Link (CNN)
Fox new confirms BinLad.. exuse us we mean Biden is the VP pick.
Old 23rd August 2008, 19:30     #136
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

FOX NEWS CONFIRMS NOTHING

REPEAT
Old 23rd August 2008, 20:12     #137
dead goon

Who the hell is Biden?
Old 23rd August 2008, 20:34     #138
Hory

He had the funniest line in the democratic nominating campaign "Rudy Giuliani, there's only three things he mentions in a sentence — a noun and a verb and 9/11 "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DteDRD6cbbM

He's gonna make a great attack dog for Obama, hopefully McCain chooses Mitt Romney as his VP, Biden will tear him to shreds.
Old 24th August 2008, 18:10     #139
Biff

Quote:
With Obama and McCain neck and neck in the polls, the election is likely to get personal. Republican activists are already mooting “Obama Bin Biden” bumper stickers.
Beyond lame and desperate.
Old 24th August 2008, 18:35     #140
Spink

is the i sound in Biden the same as in bite or as in bit?
Old 24th August 2008, 18:52     #141
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
is the i sound in Biden the same as in bite or as in bit?
Bite.
Old 24th August 2008, 19:54     #142
zeekiorage

Interesting article about Biden over at News.com: Joe Biden's pro-RIAA, pro-FBI tech voting record
Old 24th August 2008, 20:00     #143
Sgt Seb
Up Unt At Dem!

Biden knows his shit on foreign policy. That's who I wanted Obama to pick, good choice IMO
Old 25th August 2008, 11:16     #144
ZoSo

It doesn't matter
http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...dentally_leaks
Old 26th August 2008, 16:02     #145
Fitz

4 white supremacists with high powered scoped rifles have been arrested after plotting Obamas assasination.
Just because the guy is black, if you try and kill him your a white supremacist, damn reverse racism
Old 26th August 2008, 17:20     #146
CCS
Stunt Pants

Thanks Fitz... I mean Biff... I mean Hannibal. That was a really hilarious bit from a really hilarious stand up comedian, no doubt.
Old 26th August 2008, 18:13     #147
Fitz

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4329138.shtml

Thanks CCS...I mean digimortal...I mean haydos. That was just another witty jibe from your oh so witty self written book of stupidity, no doubt.
Old 26th August 2008, 18:31     #148
CCS
Stunt Pants

Please to be pointing out the part in your article that mentions 4 white supremacists.
Old 26th August 2008, 21:06     #149
Fitz

The original article I read said 4, now it is one, I wouldn't be suprised if the guy is black by the morning
Old 26th August 2008, 21:07     #150
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yeeeeeah. I guess it also said he was a white supremacist. Thanks for the lulz, Mike King.
Old 26th August 2008, 21:33     #151
Fitz

in the time it has taken you to look like a penis, you could have searched and found the answer yourself
Old 26th August 2008, 21:37     #152
CCS
Stunt Pants

Rolling eyes

Why would I want to? I simply don't care. I just like to make fun of your failed attempt at humour. You're like someone trying to emulate Mike King trying to emulate Chris Rock trying to emulate Eddie Murphy.
Old 26th August 2008, 22:48     #153
Fitz

I know you're here CCS, no need to attention seek
Old 26th August 2008, 22:50     #154
CCS
Stunt Pants

Please put more effort into your stinging rebukes so that they may reach the level of... you know... stinging. At the moment, your comebacks are more like a soggy bun.
Old 27th August 2008, 00:14     #155
Fitz

you make it sound like this is some kind of battle, I do not wish to challenge your online persona to a duel, I read the forums because some of the time some intersting posts are made, that's it really, sorry if you want something more out of this
Old 27th August 2008, 00:35     #156
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Why would I want to? I simply don't care. I just like to make fun of your failed attempt at humour. You're like someone trying to emulate Mike King trying to emulate Chris Rock trying to emulate Eddie Murphy.
Old 27th August 2008, 00:44     #157
Fitz

you're not going to get the last word in
Old 27th August 2008, 00:49     #158
dead goon

please take your love affair to the random thoughts thread.

btw, Go Fitz!
Old 27th August 2008, 00:59     #159
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz
you're not going to get the last word in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz
you make it sound like this is some kind of battle, I do not wish to challenge your online persona to a duel
Shame, hypocrite.
Old 27th August 2008, 01:21     #160
Fitz

no shame taken, back at you x2 no returns