Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 4th June 2008, 21:54     #1
dead goon

The US Presidential Race.

The Primaries are over! New thread :D

Obama v. McCain

I have a fairly positive outlook on the race. But as many have said, this is the US and there is that sinking feeling that reminds me of 4 years ago.

"The hard work starts here for Obama if he is to win"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...selections2008
Old 15th June 2008, 02:17     #2
dead goon

The Obama camp has set up a site to bring the truth about the lies the righ wing media and the republican party are spreading.

www.fightthesmears.com
Old 15th June 2008, 07:52     #3
MaZeR

Landslide to Obama IMO. He will out organise him as he did Hillary. And the people are simply tired of bad news. /2¢
Old 16th June 2008, 02:54     #4
dead goon

Oh I very well hope so. I can't remember the exact figures, but I know McCain has about 48 million to spend. Obama is up there in the 100's of millions.

I'm skeptical until Barack walks into that oval office.
Old 16th June 2008, 09:18     #5
blynk

Obama is going to have to fight hard, and I think his first step is picking a running mate.

The republicans aren't going to have to work that hard to sledge him. They will keep calling him a terrorist, and in the hick towns, they will have people who keep raising he is black.
And all of a sudden they have caught the attention of half of America.
Old 16th June 2008, 13:19     #6
Azmodan

Make no mistake, barring some dodgy diebold shenanigans, Obama will be the next POTUS.
Old 16th June 2008, 13:34     #7
?>Superman

Woot woot
Old 16th June 2008, 13:46     #8
buckies

Obama needs some concrete policies, rather than just ranting change, being smart, a good orator, and being black (even though those four things should still be sufficient for people to vote for him instead of McCain).
Old 16th June 2008, 13:47     #9
Logik
Mate, feed, kill, repeat

Unless he is exposed as a nazi-terrorist-sex offender swamp monster from outer space at the last minute.

IT COULD HAPPEN
Old 16th June 2008, 15:27     #10
Azmodan

This doesn't mean a lot, but is still an encouraging read if you're starting to doubt
Old 16th June 2008, 19:31     #11
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmodan
Make no mistake, barring some dodgy diebold shenanigans, Obama will be the next POTUS.
So the race is still wide open.
Old 16th June 2008, 20:38     #12
TD
Anas Latrina

Current Intrade prices:

Obama: 61.2
McCain: 34.3
Old 16th June 2008, 21:24     #13
Biff

It'll go down like this:

-terror attack
-Obama was brought up as a muslim slimes
-scared shitless yanks attach themselves to the nearest rabbid warmonger vowing to protect them
-world shakes head
Old 16th June 2008, 22:26     #14
CCS
Stunt Pants

Rolling eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff
-world shakes head
We're already shaking our heads at you.
Old 16th June 2008, 23:32     #15
Phantom
May contain nuts

Cheesy grin

Let's all multiplayer this imo:

http://www.politicalmachine.com/
Old 17th June 2008, 06:43     #16
dead goon

God, I actually want to play that.
Old 17th June 2008, 06:45     #17
dead goon

to the completely legitimate and legal downloading websites i go!
Old 17th June 2008, 08:24     #18
dead goon

Al Gore now endorses Obama.
Old 17th June 2008, 09:22     #19
BaM
Freeloader

Sweet! Now they can team up to stop Manbearpig.
Old 17th June 2008, 14:32     #20
chubby

obama may be able to beat hillary-
but no-one can beat an entrenched elite, and a system of 'checks &balances' designed to maintain the status-quo.

stop expecting change to come from amerika.
Old 17th June 2008, 14:57     #21
?>Superman

^oh dear.
Old 17th June 2008, 15:01     #22
chubby

^^ so.... do YOU believe in change

/smirk
Old 17th June 2008, 15:29     #23
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmodan
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/11090.html
i tend to believe this man.
Old 18th June 2008, 14:40     #24
Biff

racist buttons being sold in Texas

Old 18th June 2008, 19:06     #25
Phantom
May contain nuts

Cheesy grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Let's all multiplayer this imo:

http://www.politicalmachine.com/
This was released today, fyi
Old 18th June 2008, 19:07     #26
snax

Quote:

*starts online petition to rename "The White House" to "Da Prez'z Crib"*
It is written.... In the last days, a world leader will rise up, rebuild Solomon's Temple, and usher in three and a half years of world peace, under a new Roman Empire... Then, possessed by Satan, he will declare himself God, and embark on a reign of terror, until the Lord comes and destroys him... The final battle between Heaven and Hell approaches...

Old 18th June 2008, 19:16     #27
JP

Quote:

I reckon they should call it the blackhouse when he gets in. Then they should tear down any bible or christian monuments on government grounds. Then make gay marriage federal law. Make abortion covered by the constitution. And whatever the fuck else can be done to punish the ignorant religious rednecks that hold the entire world hostage with their retarded beliefs.

Because that's the thing. If America was some tinpot dictatorship, it wouldn't be a big deal to have it run by religious loonies. Hell, you can call that the middle east (including Israel).

But this is America. By far the most important country in the world (for now at least, and hopefully the foreseeable future, can only shudder at China). And it's held hostage by complete idiots, who don't even follow jesus, but claim they do it all in his name. You have to laugh to not cry. Because they're responsible for so many deaths. Both caused by their wars, and preventable deaths that wouldn't have happened if they wished to stop it.

Shakespeare couldn't have come up with a better tragedy.

He couldn't have come up with a better comedy either if a black man takes power with a democratic senate and house.

I just really really fucking hate those cunts. Rich people who vote republican. Fine. Fair enough. But poor people, who should by all reasons vote democrat, who simply vote republican because they don't like gays, well they can burn in hell. And they will if the bible is real. Jesus don't like haters.

edit:I've had a few after work as you can likely tell. But i'm gonna continue my rant. Because it's so unfathomable. I mean, how much of the new testament is about gays and abortion? Gays -, maybe 2 sections? Briefly. Abortion? None I think? Guess it comes under murder. But even that isn't covered much. It's all about love, forgiveness and acceptance. I'm not religious, but jesus was a cool dude. He's a person to aspire to be, turn the other cheek, make the freaks accepted, throw out the bankers, love they brother. The guy has some good ideas. Maybe if they were turned into a book and used for good things wouldn't be so shit. Oh wait, it was. And we corrupted it just like every other fucking thing.

If by some slim chance, he really is the son of god and he's watching us currently. Not only would he support Obama. I can only imagine his disgust at the amount of fucked up shit is said in his name.

Last edited by JP : 18th June 2008 at 19:21.
Old 18th June 2008, 20:00     #28
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
I reckon they should call it the blackhouse when he gets in. Then they should tear down any bible or christian monuments on government grounds. Then make gay marriage federal law. Make abortion covered by the constitution. And whatever the fuck else can be done to punish the ignorant religious rednecks that hold the entire world hostage with their retarded beliefs.
probably the silliest idea ive ever heard. dont get me wrong - i want those things more than anything - but giving half the voting population of that country something more to hate isnt going to do any good.

phase things in slowly. change only comes about successfully through time.
Old 18th June 2008, 20:13     #29
chubby

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP

Because that's the thing. If America was some tinpot dictatorship, it wouldn't be a big deal to have it run by religious loonies. Hell, you can call that the middle east (including Israel).

But this is America. By far the most important country in the world (for now at least, and hopefully the foreseeable future, can only shudder at China). And it's held hostage by complete idiots, who don't even follow jesus, but claim they do it all in his name. You have to laugh to not cry. Because they're responsible for so many deaths. Both caused by their wars, and preventable deaths that wouldn't have happened if they wished to stop it.

Shakespeare couldn't have come up with a better tragedy.

He couldn't have come up with a better comedy either if a black man takes power with a democratic senate and house.

I just really really fucking hate those cunts. Rich people who vote republican. Fine. Fair enough. But poor people, who should by all reasons vote democrat, who simply vote republican because they don't like gays, well they can burn in hell. And they will if the bible is real. Jesus don't like haters.

edit:I've had a few after work as you can likely tell. But i'm gonna continue my rant. Because it's so unfathomable. I mean, how much of the new testament is about gays and abortion? Gays -, maybe 2 sections? Briefly. Abortion? None I think? Guess it comes under murder. But even that isn't covered much. It's all about love, forgiveness and acceptance. I'm not religious, but jesus was a cool dude. He's a person to aspire to be, turn the other cheek, make the freaks accepted, throw out the bankers, love they brother. The guy has some good ideas. Maybe if they were turned into a book and used for good things wouldn't be so shit. Oh wait, it was. And we corrupted it just like every other fucking thing.

If by some slim chance, he really is the son of god and he's watching us currently. Not only would he support Obama. I can only imagine his disgust at the amount of fucked up shit is said in his name.

when you need another drink, sing out-
the fridge is full.
Old 18th June 2008, 20:47     #30
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
probably the silliest idea ive ever heard. dont get me wrong - i want those things more than anything - but giving half the voting population of that country something more to hate isnt going to do any good.

phase things in slowly. change only comes about successfully through time.
Oh of course, i'd be highly hypocritical if I didn't support turning the other cheek in that matter at the least. But it doesn't mean I don't think they deserve it. Obviosuly the 'black house' wouldn't go down so well either.

The more people you have on side, and the less enemies, the more peaceful things can be.
Old 19th June 2008, 14:28     #31
funnel web

Denny Crane for President

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1dtP5dBHdo
Old 20th June 2008, 21:55     #32
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:

I heart Amerikkka.

Old 20th June 2008, 23:53     #33
chubby

within my lifetime, it had to be forced on america to let negros on buses- if those tshirts are for real, no surprise..plenty of dumb, sister fucking morons over there-
but if thats some ironic, tongue-in-cheek,anti-pc bullshit....

it aint funny yet.
not by a long way.
Old 20th June 2008, 23:57     #34
Phantom
May contain nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby
plenty of dumb, sister fucking morons over there-
sad but true
Old 21st June 2008, 02:04     #35
Foggerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I heart Amerikkka.

Urgh
Old 23rd June 2008, 19:31     #36
Trigger
Laserman

so this is pretty cool
Kristol: Bush Might Bomb Iran If He ‘Thinks Senator Obama’s Going To Win’
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:52     #37
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

What's that you say? Obama voted IN FAVOUR of the FISA Bill?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OK, it was fun while it lasted... looks like he's just another politician.
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:53     #38
Azmodan

I always look forward to an Ab post in this thread, helps me chuckle through those rainy Wellington days
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:00     #39
doppelgänger of someone

What, a slow news day? US Intelligence estimate says Iran is not likely to have nuclear weapon any time soon. So Iran isn't really as pressing an issue as, say, I don't know, let's take a wild guess, IRAQ.

Another smokes and mirrors to scare middle America to submission?
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:27     #40
crocos

Surely not!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية