NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11th November 2021, 08:49     #2081
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

Doubt it cost her much, the idiot clients she's milking perhaps.
Old 12th November 2021, 16:04     #2082
Lightspeed

Might cost her more than she hoped:

Law Society to investigate complaint over anti-vax lawyer Sue Grey
Old 12th November 2021, 20:11     #2083
Nich

Coronavirus Vaccines vs. NON COVID-19 related deaths (New Data)
https://youtu.be/zkVsXOZguLg

Huge observational study finds COVID Vaccinated people have lower risk from non-COVID mortality.

Transhumanism confirmed.
Old 13th November 2021, 17:05     #2084
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Jesus Christ the NZ govt is fucking this up so bad.
Old 13th November 2021, 17:07     #2085
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Coronavirus Vaccines vs. NON COVID-19 related deaths (New Data)
https://youtu.be/zkVsXOZguLg

Huge observational study finds COVID Vaccinated people have lower risk from non-COVID mortality.

Transhumanism confirmed.
Summary: rational people who make sensible decisions about personal and community health tend to live longer

Crazy shit
Old 13th November 2021, 20:03     #2086
Nich

the control group (unvaccinated) were selected if they had recently had flu vaccine. To control for behaviour differences
Old 13th November 2021, 23:51     #2087
Nich

SARS–CoV–2 Spike Impairs DNA Damage Repair and Inhibits V(D)J Recombination In Vitro
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8538446/

Quote:
Our findings provide evidence of the spike protein hijacking the DNA damage repair machinery and adaptive immune machinery in vitro. We propose a potential mechanism by which spike proteins may impair adaptive immunity by inhibiting DNA damage repair. Although no evidence has been published that SARS–CoV–2 can infect thymocytes or bone marrow lymphoid cells, our in vitro V(D)J reporter assay shows that the spike protein intensely impeded V(D)J recombination. Consistent with our results, clinical observations also show that the risk of severe illness or death with COVID–19 increases with age, especially older adults who are at the highest risk [22]. This may be because SARS–CoV–2 spike proteins can weaken the DNA repair system of older people and consequently impede V(D)J recombination and adaptive immunity. In contrast, our data provide valuable details on the involvement of spike protein subunits in DNA damage repair, indicating that full–length spike–based vaccines may inhibit the recombination of V(D)J in B cells, which is also consistent with a recent study that a full–length spike–based vaccine induced lower antibody titers compared to the RBD–based vaccine [28]. This suggests that the use of antigenic epitopes of the spike as a SARS–CoV–2 vaccine might be safer and more efficacious than the full–length spike. Taken together, we identified one of the potentially important mechanisms of SARS–CoV–2 suppression of the host adaptive immune machinery. Furthermore, our findings also imply a potential side effect of the full–length spike–based vaccine. This work will improve the understanding of COVID–19 pathogenesis and provide new strategies for designing more efficient and safer vaccines.

DNA damage repair, especially NHEJ repair, is essential for V(D)J recombination, which lies at the core of B and T cell immunity [9]. To date, many approved SARS–CoV–2 vaccines, such as mRNA vaccines and adenovirus–COVID–19 vaccines, have been developed based on the full–length spike protein
Old 14th November 2021, 07:42     #2088
The Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Jesus Christ the NZ govt is fucking this up so bad.
Compared to? Trump?
Old 14th November 2021, 14:48     #2089
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

Compared to how well they managed 2020.
Old 14th November 2021, 15:09     #2090
Lightspeed

I haven't been paying that much attention. I take it there's been some loosening of restrictions given the parties my neighbours have been having. Vaccinations rates are looking good, until it turns us into grey goo or whatever.
Old 14th November 2021, 17:07     #2091
blynk

Last year everyone* was happy. We did a lockdown, we got out of it, and we secretly laughed at the rest of the world while we were enjoying our freedoms.

Now we are experiencing the same and its not going away, people are less happy, especially with vaccinations.

There is a bit more apparent bending to public opinion with some of the actions being taken. Some may be forced, for example opening up bubbles. They would have seen this was already happening and where most of the spread was occuring, so they couldn't shut it down.
Some will be from the general feeling out there.

Then things like schools and retail open, but not all retail.
I can stand in a shop like bunnings, but I can't go get a haircut.
Old 14th November 2021, 17:42     #2092
Nich

The uncharitable way to look at it is that government's goal is to destroy all small businesses while big chain stores get to negotiate their restrictions. Maybe modernised chamber of commerce's and unions could have fixed that, but too late now.

In Victoria kids' playgrounds were locked down, but meditation circles were not. Well jokes on them because a lot of the local kids fucking love playing at the meditation circle. Then they were not locked down but required check in, still no check in for meditation circles.

If I sat in a boardroom and was forced to create a verbose list of what kind of activities the population partakes in that need regulating, I'd probably neglect to list meditation circles too.
Old 14th November 2021, 17:54     #2093
Lightspeed

Quote:
The uncharitable way to look at it is that government's goal is to destroy all small businesses while big chain stores get to negotiate their restrictions.
I just can't believe anyone is so organised. Especially not in government. I think you're much more charitable than you realise.
Old 14th November 2021, 20:15     #2094
_indigo1

Quote:
SARS–CoV–2 Spike Impairs DNA Damage Repair and Inhibits V(D)J Recombination In Vitro
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8538446/

Why is this relevant?

Lets go with the article and accept that the COVID19 spike protein inhibits DNA damage repair and supresses immune machinery. Completely believable.

Do you know how many substances we are exposed to every day that inhibit DNA damage repair?

They are not saying that once you get these in your system your cells are forever damaged in terms of DNA repair and immune function.
They are saying that when present, the spike proteins have the effect they outlined.

The spike proteins are only in your system a short time to stimulate immune response. There is only limited mRNA instructions injected into you which means there is only a fixed quantity of spike protein that can be manufactured by your cells and then eventually break down or be destroyed.

Once they are gone; they are not present to have the effects outlined any longer, and were never present in large enough numbers to seriously temporarily cripple your immune system anyway.

They are saying a temporary side effect that may not have been scientifically proven before is that the spike proteins themselves have immunosuppressive activity, and this may cause some of the vaccines temporary side effects.

It still doesn't change the fact that safety testing was done for the full timeframe that it takes the spike proteins to dissipate from ones body and a safety profile generated that was accepted as qualifying for general, safe therapeutical use.

I mean it's interesting and great to have some more scientific data on specifics of the biology here - but it's not exactly ground shaking.
Everything has off effects. The point of safety testing of drugs is not to prove they have zero negative impacts on the body. It's to prove they are within tolerable margins given the treatment they are aiming for.
I bet you could find equally alarmist papers on many OTC drugs - alarmist if taken out of context.

I'd be more worried about what the microplastics you ingest every day are doing to you.
Old 14th November 2021, 21:36     #2095
Nich

Spike protein likely culprit nuking immune systems of severe SARS COV2 cases. All western vaccines use full COVID 19 spike protein to train immune system.

therefore:
https://youtu.be/Prhi3_Nvt3U

Last edited by Nich : 14th November 2021 at 21:40.
Old 14th November 2021, 21:59     #2096
_indigo1

It doesn't 'nuke' peoples immune systems, and nothing suggests that the spike protein is 'the likely culprit' - it is just a factor of many in COVID19's virulence.

It causes a temporary drop in immune function an order of magnitude proportional to the length of time and the quantity of spike protein present.

If that quantity is controlled then it's not a relevant factor - i.e. in a vaccine.
If it is uncontrolled, i.e. a replicating viral infection, then it becomes a factor.

Can't tell if you don't understand the paper or if you're deliberately using it as misinformation, but holding it up as any kind of fear mongering over the mRNA vaccines is incorrect.

In actuality one of the main factors in mortality and sickness from COVID is *runaway* immune response in the form of uncontrolled cytokine storms.

So you can go ahead and imagine a secondary paper which counters that the immune inhibition that the spike protein causes actually LOWERS COVID19's burden on the human body precisely because it lowers immune response and therefore the cytokine storms that ultimately end in death if doctors can't get it under control.

Last edited by _indigo1 : 14th November 2021 at 22:04.
Old 14th November 2021, 22:05     #2097
_indigo1

Oops edit timeout - forgot the last sentence:

That [the last paragraph] is complete conjecture, but it shows the folly of taking individual papers out of context.
Old 14th November 2021, 22:57     #2098
fixed_truth

It doesn't matter if the data is low quality or lacking context. It suits the agenda.
Old 15th November 2021, 13:18     #2099
_indigo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
It doesn't matter if the data is low quality or lacking context. It suits the agenda.
Yeah but Nich is no DrTitus.
Old 16th November 2021, 12:35     #2100
fixed_truth

Covid-19: Nearly 60 per cent of Monday's cases Māori, Ministry of Health says
This is part of the reason why restrictions are dragging on.
Old 16th November 2021, 13:22     #2101
Cyberbob

A Venn diagram of people that are most vocal about lockdowns, and people that are the reasons why lockdown is dragging on, is almost a complete circle.
Old 16th November 2021, 13:38     #2102
blynk

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertain...4VP437MYCUGTY/

Good one Duncan.
"I was feeling absolutely shit so I took some panadol. It wasn't until the next day when found out my son was sick that I thought that it might be Covid"
Basically he was going to pick up his son, and if son had not been sick he probably would have passed it on.

Isn't he in the media? Has he not been hearing all the fucking time - if you have ANY symptoms, go get a test.

And the fact that it was "a few days ago", that they got his sons results back and he still doesn't have me makes me suspect he still didnt go get tested.
I reckon he only got tested after his son was positive.

what a dickhead.
Old 16th November 2021, 13:56     #2103
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

How the fuck can you have those symptoms and not get a test? In a country that's about to get smashed by Delta?
Old 16th November 2021, 15:11     #2104
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Work for a government agency and want a paid holiday? Say you're unvaccinated!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...D447V56ULECEQ/
Old 16th November 2021, 15:17     #2105
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
How the fuck can you have those symptoms and not get a test? In a country that's about to get smashed by Delta?
Ok, so now there is more of a timeline.

He felt sick "sunday before last", so I make that the 7th.
He got his test results back on the 15th, so assuming a 24hour turn around time, that means he got tested on the 14th.

That fucks me off even more.

While I don't wish it upon his kid, I do hope that Duncan gave it to his son and he now feels like a piece of shit.
Old 16th November 2021, 16:00     #2106
The Edge

He's not in the media at the moment, he's between jobs. He starts a new one in January 2022.
Old 16th November 2021, 19:24     #2107
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
He's not in the media at the moment, he's between jobs. He starts a new one in January 2022.
Ok then. Guess that makes it better. He must have just not been looking at the news the last couple of months.
Just writing random opinion pieces for the NBR. With every single opinion piece relating to Covid, Lockdowns & the government.
Old 16th November 2021, 23:06     #2108
Nich

Quote:
I can't find the link right this moment, but a study of recent previous pandemics (SARS COV 1, MERS) revealed that flu numbers drop for some reason during pandemics.
found another mention of it:
(2009) Will Swine Flu 'Crowd Out' Seasonal Flu This Year?
https://abcnews.go.com/print?id=9366012

Quote:
There's no way to predict how much activity the United States will see from the influenza viruses for the rest of the flu season, infectious disease experts say. But some say initial predictions for the winter months suggest that the H1N1 flu may have an unexpected silver lining -- that is, it may have "crowded out" the seasonal flu.
and this study:
Interference between rhinovirus and influenza A virus: a clinical data analysis and experimental infection study
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...114-2/fulltext

viruses compete to infect cells. So naturally, COVID 19 has suppressed seasonal flu. Or so the theory goes. So we can all stop it with the goddam hand sanitiser and masks.
Old 17th November 2021, 00:29     #2109
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Victoria's losing its fucking mind:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/v...16-p599ey.html
Old 17th November 2021, 06:31     #2110
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
He got his test results back on the 15th, so assuming a 24hour turn around time, that means he got tested on the 14th.
He *may* have got results back within a day, but it seems that the testing has ramped up to the point where contacting people with results is a bottleneck - some taking 4 days to a week to be notified.
Old 17th November 2021, 09:39     #2111
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
He *may* have got results back within a day, but it seems that the testing has ramped up to the point where contacting people with results is a bottleneck - some taking 4 days to a week to be notified.
When did it ramp up? I got a test on the 3rd Nov and it came back on the 4th.
So has there been a jump since then?

I still feel that he got the test on Sunday, wrote the opinion piece that went in on Monday, then got the test results later that day and more of the story was added on Tuesday.
Old 18th November 2021, 13:51     #2112
crocos

It's funny, I'm in the MIQ lobby but more out of curiosity - it's not currently practical for me to fly home as I don't have enough leave banked to also allow for the MIQ stay, & working from not-AU is not practical for various reasons.

To the point if I did get a place, I'd probably decline - however I'm OVAH NINE THOUSAND, so I consider it unlikely at best.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 18th November 2021, 13:53     #2113
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Victoria's losing its fucking mind:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/v...16-p599ey.html
The majority of us stay the fuck away from those fucking lunatics. However it's a very annoying minority that will then work with others, or visit the local, or a supermarket and spread it more, thus making more of the measures they're protesting necessary.

Fucking arseholes.

Old 18th November 2021, 14:30     #2114
Nich

to stop the (worldwide) protests you just need: no totalitarianism + no scapegoating + no inflation + no mandates + no gaslighting + no Great Reset + no protecting paedophiles + no corporate surveillance + no genomic surveillance. Simple fix.
Old 18th November 2021, 14:38     #2115
crocos

Nah, even that wouldn't stop it. You'd need to change people's nature - there's some that are just going to be paranoid and contrary, with just enough points in their CHA to carry along and elist the gullible.

Old 18th November 2021, 14:45     #2116
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Nah, even that wouldn't stop it. You'd need to change people's nature - there's some that are just going to be paranoid and contrary
Disagree. A lot of them wouldn't have been paranoid and contrary without social media. They have literally been driven crazy by what the algorithm has fed them.
Old 18th November 2021, 15:14     #2117
Nich

I blame watching Zeitgeist on Google Videos for whatever went wrong with me.

I'll add another to the list above: no more Hegelian Dialectics!
- Corporate media lies -> "misinformation is a big problem" -> "only trust our fact checks"
- Government fucks up pandemic response -> "this virus is going nuts!" -> Government gives itself more power
- Ivermectin exists -> "you're not a horse!" -> "I present to you: Paxlovid"
Old 18th November 2021, 15:27     #2118
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
- Ivermectin exists -> "you're not a horse!" -> "I present to you: Paxlovid"
wtf does ivermectin have to do with paxlovid?
Old 18th November 2021, 15:47     #2119
Nich

Same (more or less) mechanism, difference price, different patent.
Old 18th November 2021, 16:10     #2120
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Same (more or less) mechanism
In what way? the molecules look pretty different.