NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12th December 2019, 19:36     #201
Lightspeed

Lolz, it really doesn't surprise me, an obstetrician having a sook at waning control over pussy.
Old 12th December 2019, 19:41     #202
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

It’s almost as if you didn’t read the whole article properly.
Old 12th December 2019, 20:04     #203
fixed_truth

Quote:
the workforce is “increasingly vulnerable because it’s increasingly female and not exactly prepared for adversity because school and Uni are ‘safe spaces' (sic).”

“Suicides are one result. Inability to cope with everyday nastiness is another,”

“The main issue seems to be that women and men are somehow supposed to be the same, interchangeable.

“Well, here are a few more inconvenient truths. Women colleagues are more likely to drop out during the year, and they’re more likely to fall ill, which is why it’s harder to staff departments these days, in particular towards the end of the year, in particular O/G departments [obstetrics and gynaecology] with 80-90% female junior staff.

“In fact, they’re more expensive to train in the sense that their lifetime work years will be less.”
I don't have much sympathy for these boomers and their sometimes outdated interpretations of situations ie, why is this happening??? because women.
Old 12th December 2019, 20:52     #204
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash
shocking
Old 12th December 2019, 21:49     #205
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash
For the record, I barely skimmed it. Looked like a bunch of faff and wankery, sooks being had by people who enjoy power.

Feel free to offer an interpretation of the article, quoting what you think is relevant. I mean, not you Whiplash, I meant someone else. If you had balls, you lost them long ago. To a midwife maybe?
Old 12th December 2019, 23:10     #206
Lightspeed

Re-read it. Skimming was on the money. Fight me.
Old 13th December 2019, 01:19     #207
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Summary:

Obstetrician who is one of the world's leading experts in treating vaginal tearing (childbirth injury) has opinions. Among these are:

1. That Universities are currently producing neurotic fragile graduates who are not handling the stress of the medical profession well. Female graduates seem to be leaving medicine at a greater rate and if so would represent a lower return on investment of educational and medical dollars since they are spending fewer years providing services to the community.

2. That many midwives are not trained medical professionals and many of them are afflicted with unscientific and unmedical attitudes including a fixation on vaginal birth as "safe and beautiful because mother nature". Women are now giving birth at ages far older than we evolved to and are suffering terrible injuries during childbirth because 30 and 40-year old bodies were never intended to push out babies. This doctor is of the opinion that it is the duty of medical staff to make sure caesarean birth is presented to high-risk mothers as a safer alternative, and if danger of injury exists medical staff must make the expectant mothers aware of that danger and possibly obtain signed consent forms acknowledging the risks if vaginal birth is insisted upon against medical advice. That midwives appear to be pressuring mothers in dangerous situations to demand vaginal birth because mummybloggers on the internet wouldn't lie drives this doctor up the fucking wall and he's sick of that shit getting women injured and killed.

Quote:
While on a panel, (director of midwifery studies at the University of Technology Sydney) spoke of the importance of not scaring women if there were concerns about vaginal delivery and to instead discuss different options and risks. Dietz stood up and interrupted her. “He declared that it was his job to scare the bejesus out of women,” (she) said.

“The next day I found the conference organiser in tears in the bathroom after she had asked him to pay some respect to the speakers,” (she) said.
Uh-oh, White Woman Tears. As you may have predicted the midwives and mummy bloggers got their Twitter mob going and this guy is toast.

Quote:
Hospital expels obstetrician after his controversial comments

The action effectively prevents Professor Hans Peter Dietz from working. It has shut down his two clinical trials, testing surgical methods for tears caused by vaginal birth trauma.

Quote:
Professor Dietz is highly regarded for his research and strong advocacy for women who have experienced vaginal birth trauma, co-founding the Australasian Birth Trauma Association (ABTA).

Several colleagues rejected the notion he is sexist, and lamented the effect the controversy will have on his ability to continue his work.

Midwife Jane Turnnidge said Professor Dietz saved her life after she suffered serious complications in child birth years earlier, and urged the hospital to reinstate him.

"Women have no greater friend than Professor Dietz," she said. "Every day, he is going in to bat for his obstetric patients, for his gynaecology patients, for birth trauma victims, for women and babies in all manner of ways."

"To dismiss someone as talented and vital to the profession over what amounts to a trivial matter of hurt feelings flies in the face of freedom of speech, logic, commonsense and rationality."
Sorry doc, you're a white male and you just got cancelled. Doesn't matter that the work that got cancelled was literally saving lives, that's not as important as a midwife getting her feelings hurt.
Old 13th December 2019, 08:02     #208
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
2. That many midwives are not trained medical professionals and many of them are afflicted with unscientific and unmedical attitudes including a fixation on vaginal birth as "safe and beautiful because mother nature". Women are now giving birth at ages far older than we evolved to and are suffering terrible injuries during childbirth because 30 and 40-year old bodies were never intended to push out babies. This doctor is of the opinion that it is the duty of medical staff to make sure caesarean birth is presented to high-risk mothers as a safer alternative, and if danger of injury exists medical staff must make the expectant mothers aware of that danger and possibly obtain signed consent forms acknowledging the risks if vaginal birth is insisted upon against medical advice. That midwives appear to be pressuring mothers in dangerous situations to demand vaginal birth because mummybloggers on the internet wouldn't lie drives this doctor up the fucking wall and he's sick of that shit getting women injured and killed.
Had he the restraint to leave it at this then I wouldn’t have a problem. He’s criticising midwives because they’re not evidence based and left sex/gender out. They’re looney because their knowledge isn’t scientific not because they have a vagina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
1. That Universities are currently producing neurotic fragile graduates who are not handling the stress of the medical profession well. Female graduates seem to be leaving medicine at a greater rate and if so would represent a lower return on investment of educational and medical dollars since they are spending fewer years providing services to the community.
Here his observation about graduates would have been something to legitimately look at but he for some reason he went further to declare that only women are affected by this Uni culture with his language like “increasingly female” and vaguely referring to differences between men and woman as a factor here.
Also if woman actually are more likely to drop out, fall ill and cost more to train then if true the reasons behind this should be discussed and investigated. What he’s done is played the Jordan Peterson don’t blame me I’m just stating a fact card which in the context of his discussion was irresponsible. He’s not some oblivious sperg, he’s a competent medical professional who would have known his communication implies they're dropping out just because they’re women and ignores the culture of and how medical facilities are run.
I think his “In fact, they’re more expensive to train in the sense that their lifetime work years will be less” comment is the most antagonistic because if true so what? Women have kids and as a society that requires this we should value and support this.
Old 13th December 2019, 08:49     #209
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Had he the restraint to leave it at this then I wouldn’t have a problem. He’s criticising midwives because they’re not evidence based and left sex/gender out. They’re looney because their knowledge isn’t scientific not because they have a vagina.

Here his observation about graduates would have been something to legitimately look at but he for some reason he went further to declare that only women are affected by this Uni culture with his language like “increasingly female” and vaguely referring to differences between men and woman as a factor here.
Also if woman actually are more likely to drop out, fall ill and cost more to train then if true the reasons behind this should be discussed and investigated. What he’s done is played the Jordan Peterson don’t blame me I’m just stating a fact card which in the context of his discussion was irresponsible. He’s not some oblivious sperg, he’s a competent medical professional who would have known his communication implies they're dropping out just because they’re women and ignores the culture of and how medical facilities are run.
I think his “In fact, they’re more expensive to train in the sense that their lifetime work years will be less” comment is the most antagonistic because if true so what? Women have kids and as a society that requires this we should value and support this.
I don’t disagree with you. This highly-respected Doctor has made claims that should be investigated because if true the consequences are bad for individuals, communities, and society as a whole.

They’re not being investigated. He’s just been fired. His research has been discontinued, because scientific knowledge produced by an unperson is thoughtcrime.
Old 13th December 2019, 08:53     #210
Lightspeed

White male doctors are very used to saying what they want to say and having a bunch of support spring up around them when they say something off colour. With tales of "but their work is so important (to my career, oh yeah, and some patients)".

People get fucked over by governmental changes, economic cycles, social and cultural shifts all the time. No one gives a fuck. Whiplash doesn't give a fuck.

But some uppity midwives thinking they can step to a man? Whiplash is there with bells on.
Old 13th December 2019, 09:02     #211
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
"Women colleagues are more likely to drop out during the year, and they're more likely to fall ill, which is why it's harder to staff departments these days, in particular towards the end of the year, in particular [obstetrics and gynaecology] departments with 80-90 [per cent] female junior staff," he wrote.
Claims that can be tested. If they’re true, solutions should be found.

Nah, just fire him for making the claims in the first place. Hell, this one time he hurt a woman’s feels so bad that she told a story about him hurting another woman’s feels so bad she cried. Literally worse than Hitler.
Old 13th December 2019, 09:19     #212
Lightspeed

People of respect make claims all the time. Whole organisations of people make robust recommendations within their domain that get ignored wholesale.

Fucking doctor worship.
Old 13th December 2019, 09:53     #213
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

This one time, Andy Haden accused the Crusaders Super Rugby franchise of having a "no darkies" selection policy that was deliberately excluding Maori and Pasifika players from leadership positions, so of course nothing happened to the Crusaders but Haden was cancelled for saying the word "darkies".
Old 13th December 2019, 10:21     #214
Lightspeed

Did he point out the fact that brown players cost extra to coach because you have to make time for cultural practices (except the one just before we play, that's cool.) And how maybe if brown players strived a bit harder they'd make it. But yeah, nah this no darkies policy is a travesty, cause sometimes there is a good one we need to let through.

Is that how it went?

I mean, I do appreciate equating ruby to the institution of medicine. At least in NZ they're fairly equitable in regards to public significance.
Old 13th December 2019, 13:00     #215
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
For the record, I barely skimmed it. Looked like a bunch of faff and wankery, sooks being had by people who enjoy power.

Feel free to offer an interpretation of the article, quoting what you think is relevant. I mean, not you Whiplash, I meant someone else. If you had balls, you lost them long ago. To a midwife maybe?
Sounds like someone wants to be a midwife.
Old 15th December 2019, 18:20     #216
StN
I have detailed files

I was gutted that my vocational guidance counselor never ever once suggested that "lactation consultant" was an option. Cunt.
Old 20th December 2019, 07:30     #217
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...sgender-tweets
Old 20th December 2019, 13:18     #218
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
I was gutted that my vocational guidance counselor never ever once suggested that "lactation consultant" was an option. Cunt.
Was it though? Is there any reality where StN is a successfully employed lactation consultant?
Old 20th December 2019, 14:56     #219
fixed_truth

Quote:
“A number of commentators have viewed this case as being about the claimant’s freedom of speech. Employment Judge Tayler acknowledged that there is nothing to stop the claimant campaigning against the proposed revisions to the Gender Recognition Act or, expressing her opinion that there should be some spaces that are restricted to women assigned female at birth. However, she can do so without insisting on calling transwomen men. It is the fact that her belief necessarily involves violating the dignity of others which means it is not protected under the Equality Act 2010.”
Problem?
Old 20th December 2019, 19:39     #220
Lightspeed

Old 21st December 2019, 03:26     #221
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/fo...ight-pronouns/

Nike being sued for ... some Nike employees "misgendering" a trans man (aka a woman wearing a suit).

Thought crimes all round.
Old 21st December 2019, 15:09     #222
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Problem?
Even more is the alarmist bullshit around this. The woman's complaint was that her contract wasn't extended, she wasn't fired.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 22nd December 2019, 10:22     #223
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Sorry potter fans, J k Rowling is now cancelled

https://mobile.twitter.com/jk_rowlin...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
Old 22nd December 2019, 12:18     #224
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Even more is the alarmist bullshit around this. The woman's complaint was that her contract wasn't extended, she wasn't fired.
Notice the appeal to celebrities rather than engaging the with substance of the particular situation?

Hands up who else puts celebrity opinion near the top of their epistemological hierarchy?
Old 22nd December 2019, 12:57     #225
Lightspeed

Rowling will indeed find herself unwelcome in certain contexts as the result of that message and there will be conflict within organisations that currently benefit from her patronage.

We live in an age where no person can insist on another's ethnicity, gender, sex, religion or fucking anything really.

Grow up or don't.

Or move to China, except none of us would be in a position to insist there, which defeats the purpose, cause that's what we're trying to hold onto in our weeping and gnashing: power over others.
Old 22nd December 2019, 13:04     #226
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Hands up who else puts celebrity opinion near the top of their epistemological hierarchy?
WAAAAAAYYYY to many people

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 23rd December 2019, 14:44     #227
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Ricky Gervais is cancelled too, I’m sure that will go well

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/jk...-culture-wars/
Old 23rd December 2019, 16:52     #228
Lightspeed

Good, good. The more idiots that out themselves, the better.
Old 23rd December 2019, 23:21     #229
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Men are not women
Old 24th December 2019, 06:27     #230
StN
I have detailed files

Where's the fetus going to gestate - is he going to keep it in a box?

Last edited by StN : 24th December 2019 at 06:29.
Old 24th December 2019, 07:55     #231
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Men are not women
What does it cost you (or anyone) to acknowledge someone's gender identity?
Old 24th December 2019, 08:38     #232
pxpx

$1.05
Old 24th December 2019, 10:32     #233
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Costs nothing. If you are a man who identifies as a woman I am happy to acknowledge that you do so and comfortable with addressing you by feminine pronouns, because that’s polite. Similarly if someone else came to me and said “I identify as Napoleon” I’d be all “oui Monsieur L'Empereur“ because what’s the point in teasing people who are living with mental disorders?
Old 24th December 2019, 11:31     #234
Lightspeed

You've really gone off the deep end, thinking you're in a position to prescribe mental disorders.

Might as well get back to electrocuting genitals of homos and lobotomising women who speak up to much.

You're being a cunt Ab, and you're also just wrong, by the things you've previously pinned your credibility on.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 24th December 2019 at 11:32.
Old 24th December 2019, 11:54     #235
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Au contraire, feeling like your body doesn’t match your sense of self sounds like a shitty thing to experience and I have nothing but empathy and compassion for people who live with it.

As I said, I am completely happy with addressing you as something other than that which you physically present as.
Old 24th December 2019, 12:19     #236
Lightspeed

Ah yes, the English way. "Our perceptions are reality, but we'll still indulge you savages, wot-wot."

Shitty experiences aren't mental disorders. I get you grew up in an era where non-conformity was indeed a mental disorder.

But I see you've stopped growing up, now you're just growing old.
Old 24th December 2019, 12:56     #237
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Can you clarify which of my statements you’re disagreeing with?
Old 24th December 2019, 13:13     #238
Lightspeed

We're disagreeing with each other? You're not offering me opportunities at exposition?

I suppose we could talk about the problems of this statement:

Quote:
If you are a man
A man according to whom?
Old 24th December 2019, 13:16     #239
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Can we agree that there are biologically-distinct sexes?
Old 24th December 2019, 13:35     #240
Lightspeed

If I was to make such an assertion I would need to have an epistemological basis for it. My efforts so far have found that biology is complex and that any attempt at a definition of sex will find exceptions.

I've found there is a complex relationship between biology and the environments we develop in, to the point it is impossible in a general sense to delineate where certain things end and others begin.

I've also found that the issue is hugely political, and clarity is often muddied by people having a stake in what is determined to be true.

Ultimately what we decide tells us as much about us as the phenomena we're trying to observe. As such the most appropriate position I can take is "it's complex."

Ab: Fuck all that, I know what I know.

Right? Show me up if I'm wrong.