NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 24th October 2016, 17:39     #41
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Mumm suspended for foul play, Retallick in doubt for tour, undergoing concussion tests. I didn't even see this in the game.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=11734721
Old 25th October 2016, 15:15     #42
Deadmeat

Unfortunately there were no videos that up to date. Rest assured I've emailed the internet informing it of my disappointment.
Old 18th August 2018, 23:32     #43
StN
I have detailed files

Crikey - A bit mean to lull them into a sense of possibly being able to achieve in the first half. Imagine if we'd unleashed the Mo'unga too.
Old 25th August 2018, 21:34     #44
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

When I say BO you say DEN! Who wants the rewind?
Old 25th August 2018, 22:25     #45
BoyWonder

I love it - here's the record setting try - hold on... disallowed... OK do it again - here's the record setting try in exactly the same spot

Wallabies have mostly become spectators at this point.

Last edited by BoyWonder : 25th August 2018 at 22:27.
Old 26th August 2018, 16:34     #46
CCS
Stunt Pants

Beauden Barrett, taking a walk in the Park.

So when Barrett's try was disallowed, it was because they went back and found something wrong. I think it was Waisake Naholo who had knocked the ball forward. I don't recall specifics, but it seemed like they went pretty far back to find a reason not to award the try. What are the rules there? How far back can they go? I assume to the beginning of that phase?
Old 27th August 2018, 12:29     #47
blynk

What counts as the phase though, because the actually phase of play started before that "knock on".

I would like to see the full sequence again
Old 27th August 2018, 14:41     #48
CCS
Stunt Pants

I don't think there's any issue with what constitutes a phase. "A phase is the time a ball is in play between breakdowns. For example, first phase would be winning the ball at the lineout and passing to a centre who is tackled. Second phase would be winning the ball back from the ensuing breakdown and attacking again."

In between looking down at my phone and up again at the rugby, it felt like the knock-on had happened a whiles before the try. If the ref can go back to the beginning of the phase to find something wrong and therefore disallow the try, then that's fine.

It didn't even look like much of a knock-on. They only showed one useful angle and it looked to me like the ball might have brushed Naholo's hand but not have had the trajectory altered. The ball ended up where it was always going to go, irrespective of whether Naholo touched it. But I suppose if the rule is 'last one touched it', then it's a fair cop. The ABs still crushed the Wallabies. Ho hum.
Old 27th August 2018, 16:39     #49
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by some pdf on the internet
The potential infringement must have occurred between the last restart of play (set piece,
penalty/free-kick, kick-off or restart) and the touch down but not further back in play than
two previous rucks and/or mauls.
There was a lot of passes between the knock on and the try but only one ruck.

Last edited by Deadmeat : 27th August 2018 at 16:42.
Old 27th August 2018, 18:24     #50
CCS
Stunt Pants

Gotcha, cheers.
Old 28th August 2018, 09:55     #51
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat
There was a lot of passes between the knock on and the try but only one ruck.
Yes, that's what I thought CCS was meaning with the phase. Since the last restart.

It did seem to go on for along time.
Old 15th September 2018, 21:32     #52
fixed_truth

Pitchforks out for the Barretts
Old 16th September 2018, 07:31     #53
StN
I have detailed files

Now come on - It's plain to see that Richie Mounga would not have gone for the drop goal either.

He wouldn't has missed the previous conversions...
Old 17th September 2018, 15:19     #54
CCS
Stunt Pants

I'm not too upset about them not going for the droppie. Their whole game needed to be better and they shouldn't count on one guy to get a drop goal to bail them out. The ABs obviously backed themselves to get 5 points right at the end there, but the Boks defence was just too good. ABs made too many mistakes the whole game.

It looked like Ben Smith was in a prime position, just before full time, to receive the ball from McKenzie and go for a try out to the right. But it never happened. Either because McKenzie was too focussed on what was going on in front of him to think about Smith. Or maybe he was trying to gain a little ground and draw in some defenders before passing but ultimately fluffed it.

Barrett's kicking is simply not good enough at this level.
Old 18th September 2018, 07:42     #55
pxpx

Two intercept tries that should never have happened.
Old 7th October 2018, 08:48     #56
fixed_truth

Holy shit, how'd they pull that off?