Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 18th March 2023, 11:17     #7921
Lightspeed

RIP Lance Reddick

https://variety.com/2023/film/obitua...ck-1235557886/

Loved him in Fringe, so many other great roles tho.
Old 18th March 2023, 13:46     #7922
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
RIP Lance Reddick

https://variety.com/2023/film/obitua...ck-1235557886/

Loved him in Fringe, so many other great roles tho.
Yeah I've just read that. Have been watching him in Bosch. Thats really sad to hear as he was a good actor.
Old 18th March 2023, 18:23     #7923
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Loved him in The Wire.
Old 19th March 2023, 09:34     #7924
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Loved him in The Wire.
agree
Old 20th March 2023, 13:45     #7925
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Whoa, not having played TLoU that season finale went hardcore all of a sudden. Joel went back to John Wick mode from the last ep and just stayed there.
Old 20th March 2023, 14:20     #7926
[fe]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Whoa, not having played TLoU that season finale went hardcore all of a sudden. Joel went back to John Wick mode from the last ep and just stayed there.
Yeah it didnt really ramp the stakes up as they got closer, it just ramped then and there.
I think they needed more eps it felt compressed with the special/flashback eps taking up a big chunk.

With the game the ending worked because you'd invested hours killing your way to the hospital, and the fight to the doc really felt earned.

Other notes - Poker Face, didnt like the pilot, or the leads shtick particularly much but the singular eps that followed.. the mini stories, acting, cinematography etc top notch.

Also Shadow + Bone - boom s2 straight back into it. Witcher Bone take note, thats how you make corny teen fantasy stories not shit.
Old 20th March 2023, 15:16     #7927
Lightspeed

TLoU

The Fireflies fucked up big time. They were obviously fixated and didn't stop to actually try and verify what they thought might work. No sense killing the one possible cure on hope and hypothesis.

And they literally recognise that Joel is hyper-capable, then try send him on his way against his wishes.
Old 20th March 2023, 20:42     #7928
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Yeah, it felt really quick. I think that is some of the issue with shorter seasons. I think they were meant to have been together for close to a year (maybe 10 months when trying to look online), but it doesn't give the feeling of that.

And then suddenly in the last episode, he goes full on.

On the flip, surely the doctors would do a whole lot more testing and everything first.
Old 20th March 2023, 23:27     #7929
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Firefly lady: "Now if you don't mind, Mr Wick, we have to kill your puppy. Boys, throw him out."
Old 21st March 2023, 11:53     #7930
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by [fe]
Also Shadow + Bone - boom s2 straight back into it. Witcher Bone take note, thats how you make corny teen fantasy stories not shit.
Yeah, it's great. The acting is so good, so is the pacing. I like the addition of Patrick Gibson, it's unfortunate The OA got canned.
Old 23rd March 2023, 18:54     #7931
StN
I have detailed files

Fuck spoilers - StN abstract (Pinot enhanced).

When Snoke was not Snoke, who knew it was a prescursor to the ultimate Saviour of.... Grogu!

Darkest Sith Lord represent!

Is that vague enough not to melt snowflakes?
Old 23rd March 2023, 19:09     #7932
wazza
*flex*

Snowfall is so fucken emotional, like damnnnnnnnnn
Old 24th March 2023, 17:43     #7933
wazza
*flex*

Yellowjackets S02E01
Old 27th March 2023, 14:49     #7934
wazza
*flex*

Succession S04E01
Old 6th April 2023, 14:28     #7935
StN
I have detailed files

They put a 'ranga in the directors chair again...

Just when Capulet vs Montague was getting a bit fishy, Jack Black and Lizzo do a duet and go all CSI with Doc Brown claiming the Wall-E paradox was justification for GLadOS, but then it all turns out Ok and there is a fight and balance returns to the galaxy.

Not a bad filler ep.
Old 6th April 2023, 14:37     #7936
Cyberbob

This is the way.

I didn’t have a CSI meets Mad Hatter episode with Lizzo knighting Grogu next to Jack Black while Christopher Lloyd tried to take over a planet through nanodroids, all topped off with a fishy Romeo and Juliet subplot, on my bingo cards for this week.
Old 6th April 2023, 14:40     #7937
Lightspeed

Yeah, it was good fun. Had some of the cheese that was common in The Clone Wars.

I'm surprised I didn't click that Din would hand over the Darksaber. They did a pretty good job of showing how Bo was proficient with it while Din struggled.
Old 6th April 2023, 15:57     #7938
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I am about halfway through the Amazon miniseries adaptation of The Stand, and it's kinda... meh. Not great, not terrible. I was worried, because the book is right up there for me. Bonus points for casting against type by having Amber Heard play a backstabbing psycho bitch who manipulates men with her attractiveness to get what she wants.

One thing that really shits me though, is the writers just got Flagg and his Las Vegas totally wrong. So wrong I wonder if they actually read the book at all.
Old 7th April 2023, 07:19     #7939
_Incubus_

New Kiefer Sutherland series Rabbit/Hole wasn't great. Feels like a blend of 24 x NCIS.
Old 8th April 2023, 00:20     #7940
Lightspeed

Star Wars: Ahsoka - Official Teaser Trailer
Old 8th April 2023, 14:22     #7941
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
This is the way.
Watched it again with the lad. He recognised the old guy from something

Then I told him Sachoff was in 3 episodes of CSI after Galactica.
Old 8th April 2023, 15:04     #7942
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Andor was a blip; Star Wars is still dead to me.
Old 10th April 2023, 13:44     #7943
Lightspeed

Your a blip.

I feel pretty mixed about seeing the franchise being bent to the canon of the last trilogy.

But Andor shows there's payoff in taking the good with the bad. And there's plenty to like about The Mandalorian. I mean, the Armourer? Bo-Katan? Paz Vizsla? So cool. Carl Weathers is doing some great work too.

And of course cheeky Pedro Pascal having the time of his life.

With a property so behemoth, it's gotta take a turn here and there.

I'm not really a Star Wars apologist. I hate the copyright environment it rests on.
Old 10th April 2023, 19:22     #7944
_Incubus_

Andor could have been not set in the SW universe and been ok. The Mandalorian has had some up's and down's...not really sure where it's going right now other than super popular so need to write some episodes fast!

As for the new movies, not feeling like watching anything new with SW as anything other than home on Disney+
Old 10th April 2023, 22:40     #7945
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
This looks great

Lizzo in Mando just made me think of Megan The Stallion twerking in She-Hulk As much as I love Christopher Lloyd and Jack Black, neither of them seemed right in a Mando episode either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
Ok, confirmed, Bosch is a fucken good show. Highly recommend if you like a good crime drama.
Bosch was recommended to me ages ago but I didn't pick it up; saw your recommendation and and am now up to Season 6 - cheers!
Old 11th April 2023, 10:32     #7946
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Andor was a blip; Star Wars is still dead to me.
Look at how they massacred my boy

https://flip.it/ogrFDg
Old 11th April 2023, 11:40     #7947
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
Bosch was recommended to me ages ago but I didn't pick it up; saw your recommendation and and am now up to Season 6 - cheers!
Bosch: Legacy is still worth a watch too, not quite as good as Bosch but still worth your time.
Old 11th April 2023, 11:42     #7948
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

"The Devil's Hour" on Prime was a good long-weekend supernatural crime thriller miniseries. With Peter Capaldi and Jessica Blaine you could almost imagine it being a superdark Doctor Who storyline.

Anyway, recommended
Old 11th April 2023, 12:31     #7949
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Look at how they massacred my boy

https://flip.it/ogrFDg
Gah...sounds terrible.

I have zero expectations from the SWU these days, my childhood was ruined progressively by Disney and I have zero hope that's going to change.
Old 11th April 2023, 12:49     #7950
Savage

Quote:
Bosch: Legacy is still worth a watch too, not quite as good as Bosch but still worth your time.
Thank you - spotted it on Prime and have it que'd up ready to go
Old 13th April 2023, 08:17     #7951
StN
I have detailed files

IG12 =
Mecha-Grogu FTW
RIP Fav

and I thought I heard Temuera's dulcet tones in there.

But probably just stock vocals from the Skywalker sound "Clones dying" library.

And just for Ab, compulsory giant monster.

Some unanswered questions - did the TIE Interceptors take out the fleet...
Old 13th April 2023, 10:59     #7952
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I am about halfway through the Amazon miniseries adaptation of The Stand, and it's kinda... meh. Not great, not terrible.
It was all downhill from the halfway mark, and ended terrible.
Old 13th April 2023, 19:44     #7953
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Some unanswered questions - did the TIE Interceptors take out the fleet...
I figure Axe manages to get word to the fleet, probably in some last minute theatrics.

Bad baby! No squeezies! 😄

So many great shots and sequences in that episode. Like the descent and ascent through the atmosphere of Mandalore.
Old 14th April 2023, 11:06     #7954
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
"The Devil's Hour" on Prime was a good long-weekend supernatural crime thriller miniseries. With Peter Capaldi and Jessica Blaine you could almost imagine it being a superdark Doctor Who storyline.

Anyway, recommended
+1 I enjoyed this as did the missus.
Old 14th April 2023, 11:08     #7955
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
New Kiefer Sutherland series Rabbit/Hole wasn't great. Feels like a blend of 24 x NCIS.
Ok, have to revise my take on this now I'm 4 ep's in. It's actually starting to get fairly interesting.

Obviously a massive narrative on modern society but starting to hit its paces.
Old 14th April 2023, 16:28     #7956
Caesar

Quote:
Ok, have to revise my take on this now I'm 4 ep's in. It's actually starting to get fairly interesting.

Yep I concur... it's starting to get good.
Old 14th April 2023, 18:04     #7957
wazza
*flex*

^^ agree
Old 14th April 2023, 18:28     #7958
Savage

Quote:

Yeah I'm quite enjoying it so far, too

Quote:
I cannot believe they didn't bring back Crate and Barrel; best characters in the show
Old 18th April 2023, 16:16     #7959
_Incubus_

The Last Kingdom series on Netflix got a movie send off. I really enjoyed the series and it didn't lose it's way like Vikings. If you liked the series you'll like the movie.
Old 20th April 2023, 11:48     #7960
StN
I have detailed files

I was a bit worried we were going to get an ESB cliffhanger ending with major character deaths. But in the end it was more RoTJ with a nice bit of closure. It could probably stop there. But it won't.