Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 19th August 2021, 16:49     #1481
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Exactly. My complex reality is the only truth. Follow me and you will receive the sacrament. Praise Allah
Yeah, and that's where a lot of people stop. The fruit I see such people enjoying isn't for me. Like many I moved on long ago, and yet I can see there are still people ahead of me, or approaching to take over. So I keep on moving.
Old 19th August 2021, 17:07     #1482
Know me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvlbJ0h35A
Old 19th August 2021, 17:26     #1483
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
This information is being taken seriously & perpetuated by people in the public who don't know better so I really don't see why we wouldn't do all we can to shut down & delegitimize this?
Unfortunately it's not simply that smart people follow government, big tech information, and dumb people follow misinformation from podcasts. To use a lightspeedism, ideas are shoehorned into our brains and we then come to think they are our ideas. My point is that those who didn't give a fuck about you or your health didn't suddenly start caring about your health in March 2020.

But then, as Ab says, perhaps it's best for your health to just go with the ideology that is backed by police and military and we'll sort it all out when the pandemic is over.
Old 19th August 2021, 17:31     #1484
StN
I have detailed files

I eat Bunnings sausages. I don't know what's in them.
Old 19th August 2021, 17:58     #1485
Lightspeed

The dynamic isn't smart vs dumb, it's resourced vs overwhelmed.

It's completely reasonable to protect the overwhelmed from those who would leverage positions of influence to exploit such people against their interests.

Especially when we've developed some very effective technologies designed to do just that. We literally have the tools to prompt genocide, tools we've seen repeatedly put to use. How do we not do what we can to prevent this?
Old 19th August 2021, 18:41     #1486
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Unfortunately it's not simply that smart people follow government, big tech information, and dumb people follow misinformation from podcasts. To use a lightspeedism, ideas are shoehorned into our brains and we then come to think they are our ideas.
I think it is pretty simple. We want as many people as we can to get vaccinated & stay at home during lockdown. This means squashing the unfounded covid myths carry on.

Quote:
My point is that those who didn't give a fuck about you or your health didn't suddenly start caring about your health in March 2020.
Yeah there are a group of irrational people out there who won't get vaccinated, but there's also a lot of people humming and harring that we need to protect from misinformation.
Old 19th August 2021, 18:54     #1487
fixed_truth

Quote:
To use a lightspeedism, ideas are shoehorned into our brains and we then come to think they are our ideas.
Exactly, that external informational stream into public consciousness is the battlefield.
Old 19th August 2021, 19:51     #1488
_indigo1

All I want to know is, can we taze people who come closer than 2m at the supermarket yet??

You know the ones. The barely 2m gap between you and adjacent trolley-pusher is enough for them because they must get through NOW.
At least this time they are forced to wear a mask.
Old 19th August 2021, 21:01     #1489
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Exactly, that external informational stream into public consciousness is the battlefield.
Gonna need more convincing arguments like this one:
https://twitter.com/qtrresearch/stat...913907712?s=21

Getting COVID is like being shot by a gangster rapper.
Old 19th August 2021, 21:45     #1490
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
but for most people now being part of a group that's wrong is better than being right.
That is exactly the message I got out of the flat earther documentary Behind the Curve.

Come for the confirmation bias, stay for the community.
Old 19th August 2021, 21:51     #1491
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by _indigo1
All I want to know is, can we taze people who come closer than 2m at the supermarket yet??

You know the ones. The barely 2m gap between you and adjacent trolley-pusher is enough for them because they must get through NOW.
At least this time they are forced to wear a mask.
I would love to taze all the fucking idiots that couldn't be arsed to wear a mask that I saw today on my trip to the supermarket (North Melbourne).

First time I left the house in a couple weeks.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 19th August 2021, 22:01     #1492
ceer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
I would love to taze all the fucking idiots that couldn't be arsed to wear a mask that I saw today on my trip to the supermarket (North Melbourne).

First time I left the house in a couple weeks.
Same in NZ, was in a line at about 7pm tonight, and some bitch 2 in front of me was not wearing a mask, the security guard let her through anyway and the person in front of me said to him "they are not wearing a mask", so he rushes in and talks to them, a few minutes later he comes out and says to the person in front of me that she has some sort of medical condition and can't wear one, fuck off bitch, don't go to the Supermarket then!
Old 20th August 2021, 00:16     #1493
_indigo1

Just be glad you don't share a bubble with a raging narcissist who does things like unilaterally expand your bubble without consulting you, whilst they are fully vaccinated but you only have the first and have a medical condition.

There should be a rule that who is in a bubble should be a democratic decision of all adults involved. Or even not democratic, but require full consensus.

Last edited by _indigo1 : 20th August 2021 at 00:18.
Old 20th August 2021, 08:11     #1494
StN
I have detailed files

I wonder if the complacency around contact tracing is borne out of a misguided assumption that the Government and big Corps (like Banks) do some magical back end data sharing and know everything based on years of Hackerman type movies.

My experience around Government ETL and data sharing is epitomised by the arguments over Zoom vs Teams vs Hangouts - shit is in no way in one sock.

I mean it would be possible, but no one has the budget to do it - primarily because of the red tape around privacy, and only using data for the purpose it was collected.

When I was employed by IRD a long time ago, they didn't care if you made money from illegal activity, as long as you declared it - and they didn't pass the details on to law enforcement if you did. Now that may have changed a little since they took over some social services (like child support and student loans) because of demonstrated competence in actually collecting money - and as such some border interactions are enforced, but on the whole, these kinds of linkage are few and far between.

Big brother may be watching, but the left hand is far from the right.

Don't rely on "EFTPOS will track my credit card...", scan the bloody QR codes.

I'm looking at you, Mayor of Coromandel.
Old 20th August 2021, 15:10     #1495
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

31 cases, 3 in Welly
Old 21st August 2021, 10:05     #1496
_indigo1

Anyone know if there is a realtime map of the places of interest?
I know there is one on the spinoff, but can't tell if it reads the data live or it's snapshotted at time of article.
Old 21st August 2021, 10:51     #1497
blynk

There data will be based on the Ministry of Health site which has a last updated date.
I doubt they scrape the data through, but they probably have someone checking.
They may also be on a list of outlets that get notified by any changes.

And because the MoH site isn't constantly updated, then its not really live anyway.
Old 21st August 2021, 11:28     #1498
MadMax
Stuff

Considering how contagious delta is, how effective will the lockdown be considering we can all (or at least one person per household) visit supermarkets together?
Old 21st August 2021, 11:39     #1499
Lightspeed

The supermarket I went to was just shopping with masks. No hand sanitiser, no controlled flow through the supermarket to assure distancing, the usual deli service.

I think if we see continued spread we'll get a more stern message to take precautions before we conclude the precautions aren't effective enough.
Old 21st August 2021, 14:35     #1500
BoyWonder

I'm quite surprised how few cases are being found TBH. 44,000 tests yesterday and only 21 positive results. That could always change quite dramatically over the next few days of course.

The leak in MIQ where two doors were open at the same time for 3 seconds seems like the biggest bunch of BS, as if it was that capable of seizing the opportunity half of Auckland should have it by now. I'm guessing there was a much bigger stuff up that is not going to be made public.
Old 21st August 2021, 15:01     #1501
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Considering how contagious delta is, how effective will the lockdown be considering we can all (or at least one person per household) visit supermarkets together?
And that "essential" workers are still going door to door delivering kebabs, iced coffees, funny all day pajamas, and all other useless shit... yeah lock downs probably doing bugger all.
Old 21st August 2021, 15:08     #1502
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWonder
The leak in MIQ where two doors were open at the same time for 3 seconds seems like the biggest bunch of BS
Yeah, sounds like a true story that happens to fit, stem further questions.
Old 21st August 2021, 15:13     #1503
MadMax
Stuff

Think back however to when we had a case with an earlier variant that travelled around tourist hotspots yet not a single person caught it off them.

https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-levels...alert-level-4/

https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-w...-alert-level-4
Quote:
This means, you legally must wear a face covering:

on public transport and at departure points, for example train stations and bus stops
on flights
in taxi or ride-share vehicles — drivers and passengers
when visiting healthcare facilities
inside any Alert Level 4 businesses and services that are still open and involve customer contact, including supermarkets, pharmacies and petrol stations.
So, why call a list "golden rules" when legally it's not a requirement?

I went for a walk this arvo to make the most of the sunshine and there were plenty of people out doing the same. Less than 10% were wearing masks and certainly not the moron that ran past us leaving behind a sweaty stench in his wake. We were walking on the left, as you do and one maskless group squashed themselves up against a fence on their right as we went past. Derp.

Last edited by MadMax : 21st August 2021 at 15:16.
Old 21st August 2021, 17:07     #1504
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Breaking point in Sydney, Melbourne:

https://apple.news/AMoBqKIIsSLukad_5SWKb4g

825 new cases in NSW alone yesterday.
Old 21st August 2021, 19:32     #1505
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

IMO Sydney is done at this point, it's new world, we fucked up, live with covid. The NSW regions are still in balance, as is victoria/nz.

Angry that Gladys and the LNP are unlikely to face responsibility for their incompetence.
Old 21st August 2021, 19:54     #1506
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

But there’s a Freedom Plan!
Old 21st August 2021, 19:58     #1507
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-w...-alert-level-4

This means, you legally must wear a face covering:

on public transport and at departure points, for example train stations and bus stops
on flights
in taxi or ride-share vehicles — drivers and passengers
when visiting healthcare facilities
inside any Alert Level 4 businesses and services that are still open and involve customer contact, including supermarkets, pharmacies and petrol stations.
What fucks me off is that the public transport rule has been in play all along, and on the very odd occasion I jump on a bus I'm the only cunt with a mask.
Old 21st August 2021, 20:00     #1508
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
But there’s a Freedom Plan!
I certainly hope it wasn't optimistically written by George Miller, because I've seen that movie.
Old 22nd August 2021, 08:48     #1509
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
What fucks me off is that the public transport rule has been in play all along, and on the very odd occasion I jump on a bus I'm the only cunt with a mask.
Imagine being a bus driver telling people to put a mask on. The amount of abuse they would get.
I fully understand why they were told they are not to enforce it.

It would have been nice to here stories of police waiting at bus stops and dealing with those that didn't.
But then again, that was probably a significant waste of resource considering where we were.
Old 22nd August 2021, 13:24     #1510
_indigo1

blurp

Last edited by _indigo1 : 22nd August 2021 at 13:25. Reason: stupidity
Old 22nd August 2021, 16:39     #1511
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
I certainly hope it wasn't optimistically written by George Miller, because I've seen that movie.
Come on, Happy Feet has a fairly agreeable ending. Governments agree to ban Antarctic fishing!
Old 23rd August 2021, 16:55     #1512
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

107 cases total, 33 new
Old 23rd August 2021, 23:35     #1513
blynk

Don't forget to spread your legs, not the virus
https://twitter.com/CarynDoesntCare/...299819525?s=19
Old 24th August 2021, 00:03     #1514
MadMax
Stuff

Can’t wait to repeat that slip up in my next zoom meeting.
Old 24th August 2021, 15:20     #1515
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

If you're going mad from lockdown, just get a job delivering Labour Party marketing material, such people appear to be exempt from restrictions.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...uring-lockdown
Old 24th August 2021, 16:14     #1516
Lightspeed

Hahaha, derp.
Old 24th August 2021, 16:25     #1517
Lightspeed

40ish today?

Supermarket was a well masked orderly affair. As I joined the sheep in the long, long queue to get into the supermarket (not that long, 15-ish minutes) I thought about the many different ways we conform ourselves to get what we need. And how quickly shit would fall apart if we stopped.

It was funny watching people resign themselves to the queue as they parked and took things in.

The supermarket was real chill. Everyone had masks. I think I got the last box of yeast. Stuff was mostly stocked tho.
Old 24th August 2021, 20:04     #1518
Nich

Contact tracing honey pot cracked, that didn't take long. Now your daily routines are public information.

Data leak exposed 38 million records, including COVID-19 vaccination statuses
https://www.engadget.com/microsoft-p...YuuEIeeoHN9TAI
Old 24th August 2021, 21:01     #1519
ceer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
40ish today?

Supermarket was a well masked orderly affair. As I joined the sheep in the long, long queue to get into the supermarket (not that long, 15-ish minutes) I thought about the many different ways we conform ourselves to get what we need. And how quickly shit would fall apart if we stopped.

It was funny watching people resign themselves to the queue as they parked and took things in.

The supermarket was real chill. Everyone had masks. I think I got the last box of yeast. Stuff was mostly stocked tho.
I'm in Mt Wellington, I just go up to NW Stonefields as not far away, I usually go up at about 7:30 ish and no queues and stuff available, although in saying that a few days ago I wanted to get some bread and all they had was a whole bunch of Mollenburg Toast bread and nothing else. Meh! fine with me, it was very odd though.
Old 24th August 2021, 21:09     #1520
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Here in Adelaide every fucker is in a mask. Can't remember the last time I saw a maskless person on public transport. Nobody blinks an eye at being told to sign in before service when entering a business. It's so... civilised.