Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 21st November 2016, 10:58     #35801
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native
Job hunting in NZ (post 8 years UK) and trying to deal with glorified box tickerers in NZ:
FTFY.
Old 22nd November 2016, 16:54     #35802
Lightspeed

Yeah, networking seems to be the only way to get decent work. Unless you're good at putting on a song and dance for recruiters. I find it a bit gross... but sometimes you gotta do gross shit I suppose.
Old 29th November 2016, 19:01     #35803
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

God bless the Baby Boomers

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...will-be-served
Old 29th November 2016, 19:31     #35804
CCS
Stunt Pants

Cunning

How many houses do you own, Ab?
Old 29th November 2016, 20:05     #35805
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
McCormick needs to understand Air NZ, as a private company, can choose to not do business with people - the right to face one's accuser only applies to legal enforcement. Frankly with the trespass and theft of private property (drinking the wine) the bloody idiot is lucky he's not up on actual charges.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 1st January 2017, 19:51     #35806
CCS
Stunt Pants

The neighbour seems to have received a piano for Christmas. Right now, it sounds like they are just whacking it. I hope the novelty wears off soon.
Old 2nd January 2017, 10:30     #35807
MadMax
Stuff

so ... they're not playing the piano very piano?

it takes many years to master the piano. ha ha.
Old 14th February 2017, 16:07     #35808
CCS
Stunt Pants

ATHop Card DIAF.

So you top your card up online but that credit is not applied until the next time you swipe your card on a bus or at a Hop Card machine.

What the fuck?

It turns out that if you don't swipe your card again for 60 days, then the "system resets" according to the call centre, and your credit just vanishes.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

So if you're not a frequent bus user, you're kinda fucked. What you need to do is call the call centre who will tell you that they can 'reactivate' that credit but it won't be applied for 24 - 48 hours.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!

To get more credit on your hop card instantly, you need to get it topped up in person.

JESUS SMEGGING CHRIST.

So... am I understand that the balance of your account is stored on the fucking card itself? Is this really how we do things in 2017?!

Burn in hell.
Old 14th February 2017, 20:48     #35809
crocos

Yep. Amm0nRa proved at Kiwicon last year that the Chch bus system is still totally vulnerable, can't see any reason ATHop, whom hasn't had a friendly hacker investigate their system, wouldn't be silly enough to store on-card.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 15th February 2017, 08:14     #35810
pxpx

Can confirm at hop payment system is absolute balls. Weird because they had the company that worked on Hong Kongs Octopus card (which is excellent) consult for them.

https://at.govt.nz/about-us/news-eve...-hop-smartcard

That being said, who knows what involvement they really had with Octopus.
Old 15th February 2017, 13:39     #35811
StN
I have detailed files

Getting gazumped on an eBay auction - I thought they'd auto extend
Old 15th February 2017, 13:43     #35812
CCS
Stunt Pants

SHAME DICK. Ebay doesn't do that auto-extend horseshit.
Old 15th February 2017, 17:53     #35813
StN
I have detailed files

Yeah - and now someone who was paying attention has scored 8 x vintage CD caddy trays from Ohio.
Old 24th February 2017, 20:57     #35814
MadMax
Stuff

Xtras mail shenanigans affect more than just their own customers. When you have many thousands of customers yourself, you're inevitably going to have some with xtra based email accounts. Joyous.
Old 28th March 2017, 14:46     #35815
StN
I have detailed files

2 days for a package to get from deepest China to Auckland Airport. 4 days later, still there...
Old 28th March 2017, 18:00     #35816
blynk

That sucks, but I would rather customs is thorough and slow, than be fast and let $millions of meth in
Old 28th March 2017, 18:09     #35817
CCS
Stunt Pants

o_O

I'd like them to be fast and thorough. If the govt needs to better fund them to make that happen, so be it. What with this era of global commerce, packages coming into the country will only increase in volume and customs needs to be equipped to handle that.
Old 28th March 2017, 18:29     #35818
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Fast and thorough = DHL, or some other premium service. If you wanna save money, be prepared to wait.
Old 28th March 2017, 23:09     #35819
madmaxii

I've had a parcel (aluminium water bottle) sitting at the airport since the 18th of February according to Aliexpress's track and trace. An ear stud, basically a small padded letter took 35 days to get from Sydney to Auckland. NZ Post's cutbacks are making this a third world country. I can see NZ being one of those countries excluded from Ebay's and Ali's "send to" countries
Old 29th March 2017, 07:30     #35820
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
That sucks, but I would rather customs is thorough and slow, than be fast and let $millions of meth in
Overnight through Customs - rest was either Airport logistics or TNT. Might give a bit of leeway on the fog yesterday morning.
Old 27th April 2017, 17:31     #35821
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

young female marketing coordinators. kill them all.

seriously, they're the larval stage of the 50-something Office Manager we all hate.
Old 27th April 2017, 22:47     #35822
MadMax
Stuff

Oh reminds me of this one character at work. She's probably 50+ too.

I have absolutely no idea what her beef is but she seems to have it in for me something chronic. Just glad she's not in the same building.

Seemed to have started when she calls me up once and as we have an internal phone directory that displays the other party's name on the screen of our desk phones I simply answered the call once with a simple and friendly hello. Nek minit she's on a rant about how everyone is supposed to answer the call with their name. I was flabbergasted so just laughingly agreed with her. It became amusing when I had to explain to the next colleague that called me why I answered their call with the whole jingle identifying the company, department and my name like I would with an external call.

A few weeks later she's going off at me for chasing her up for some info I'm missing. I mean hey I need the info to do my job and I certainly didn't nag her for it.

Last one was for when I had a form I hadn't provided to her where she was literally abusing me for it. Again I was blown away by how she could be speaking in the manner she was to me over the phone - which I let her know. Actually had me shaking. Turns out she was on a bit of a warpath that day based on comments from others she works with. I made the conversation with her one sided by only answering questions and not responding to anything else she was ranting on about so she didn't have any reason for it. I *should* have told her to stop else I'll hang up and she can call back when she's feeling better *cough* willing to speak normally but hey I was late with the form ...

I'll have to put her next call call straight to speakerphone so everyone can witness it as her attitude is ass.

Cool work story bro.
Old 28th April 2017, 00:17     #35823
CCS
Stunt Pants

To be fair, you are semi-retarded.
Old 28th April 2017, 09:45     #35824
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
young female marketing coordinators. kill them all.

seriously, they're the larval stage of the 50-something Office Manager we all hate.
I sit close to 4 of them. It can be rather annoying.
Old 28th April 2017, 11:58     #35825
pxpx

The hottie of the day thread gets updated when I'm at work.
Old 28th April 2017, 12:01     #35826
CCS
Stunt Pants

Use the 4g on your phone.

In a toilet cubicle.

You dirty bastard.
Old 28th April 2017, 12:15     #35827
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Use the 4g on your phone.

In a toilet cubicle.

You dirty bastard.
brb
Old 28th April 2017, 13:29     #35828
CCS
Stunt Pants

Worth it.
Old 5th May 2017, 10:45     #35829
MadMax
Stuff

Really?

Thunder
Thunder, thun-, thunder
Thun-thun-thunder, thunder, thunder
Thunder, thun-, thunder
Thun-thun-thunder, thunder

Thunder, feel the thunder
Lightning and the thunder
Lightning and the thunder
Thunder

Lightning and the thunder, thunder

(Never give up, never give up, never give up)
(Never give up, never give up, never give up)

Thunder, thunder, thun-, thunder
Old 5th May 2017, 11:52     #35830
pxpx

^ anything from MadMax in this thread grinds my gears.
Old 5th May 2017, 12:58     #35831
MadMax
Stuff

*keeps posting*
Old 17th June 2017, 16:35     #35832
CCS
Stunt Pants

So I had me a pie from BP for lunch, as they make some decent pies. I'd never had a Lamb and Rosemary pie and it seemed like a nice flavour. First bite into it, and what is this I see? A PEA! I bite again. CORN! A further bite. CARROT! SABOTAGED! Hiding veges in pies should be a criminal act. At the very least, the pies should be made to have a sign stating clearly "WARNING: THESE PIES CONTAIN BULLSHIT"

I could barely detect the lamb either. It may well have been there, but minced up too small to be visible.

For shame, BP. Your mince & cheese is good. Your pepper steak is pretty good. But this Lamb and Rosemary and BULLSHIT pie is the sort of thing that should have people marching down Queen St in protest.
Old 17th June 2017, 22:03     #35833
madmaxii

Ah but their Thai Chicken is to die for.
Old 17th June 2017, 22:53     #35834
CCS
Stunt Pants

Does it have veges in it?
Old 19th June 2017, 11:03     #35835
blynk

My company has decided to move from East Tamaki into Newmarket.
That is going to suck big time, and I will now be part of the fucked up traffic congestion.

As well as the other 150+ staff that lived close to work.
Old 19th June 2017, 17:33     #35836
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxii
Ah but their Thai Chicken is to die for.
fuck yes it is

Last edited by Savage : 19th June 2017 at 17:36.
Old 20th June 2017, 11:51     #35837
FireStorm
Holmium

Quote:
That is going to suck big time, and I will now be part of the fucked up traffic congestion.

Newmarket has a close train station, maybe something to consider.
Old 20th June 2017, 12:36     #35838
blynk

It does, but getting on the train might be a pain.
Based on family commitments I am unlikely to be able to leave for work too early, which probably removes the park and ride options.
It could also require 2 trains.

Bus is also an option as there are plenty from Howick to Newmarket/City
Old 24th June 2017, 22:33     #35839
Lightspeed

Google GMGs:

Recently: Drive, it used to be that if you opened a CSV document with Sheets it would create a new file in the same directory. Now the new file is created in the root directory?!

Awhile back: Gmail, I got an alert an email account is being accessed from overseas. I block the access only to discover it was Google accessing the account via POP as it had long been configured to do. Until I take the time to figure out how to allow access again, I have to directly log into the account.
Old 24th June 2017, 23:20     #35840
kRAdENkO

Quote:

Currently work in East Tamaki too. Do they have to offer you the option of some sort of relocation compensation/redundancy once distance moved > X km in your contract?

Would suck TBH.