User Name
Password

Old 9th December 2014, 21:43     #35361
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
live close to where your job is
Shyeah, I'd love to live in a bullshit overpriced shoebox apartment in the CBD.

Old 9th December 2014, 21:48     #35362
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
live close to where your job is

i live 5-6km from work and its all good. It also helps that I start at 7am, im often home by 4:20
Bloody stoner

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 9th December 2014, 23:10     #35363
madmaxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge
Boomers, can they die plz.
I expect they may be your parents.

Happy Days
Old 9th December 2014, 23:11     #35364
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxii

Happy Days
Still die plz. Want to inherit their property wealth.
Old 10th December 2014, 07:54     #35365
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Shyeah, I'd love to live in a bullshit overpriced shoebox apartment in the CBD.

[IMG][/IMG]
You could move to the peoples republic of Devonport and catch a 15min ferry into town. Plenty of sweet places around Grey Lynn/Mt Eden/Dominion road. All about 5-6km from the CBD.
Old 10th December 2014, 09:00     #35366
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Still die plz. Want to inherit their property wealth.
You mean mortgage?

So many boomers will be working till they die (like the ad)
Old 10th December 2014, 11:43     #35367
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
You mean mortgage?

So many boomers will be working till they die (like the ad)
Mortgage? Ahaha...hahahahahahaa! Mortgage

Boomers will be sweet. Everyone else? Yeah those are the people who will work til they die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
You could move to the peoples republic of Devonport and catch a 15min ferry into town. Plenty of sweet places around Grey Lynn/Mt Eden/Dominion road. All about 5-6km from the CBD.
Ferry doesn't cater to my schedule.

Srsly though, Saturday's gridlock had nothing to do with where people live relative to where they work.
Old 10th December 2014, 17:21     #35368
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca@Work
hind site
Old 10th December 2014, 20:44     #35369
Macca@Work

I don't really understand why you guys have it the neck for boomers.
It's like your stereotypical boomer is rolling in money and doesn't give a rats arse about anything/one.
Maybe it's progress and everyone got sick of stereotyping others and now it's their turn or something.
Old 11th December 2014, 03:51     #35370
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

they never learn

Seriously, if you were going to try and stiff a contractor out of pay for months of work, of all the people to choose why would you pick someone who administers your domain, DNS, email, member database, and social media accounts?
Old 11th December 2014, 08:53     #35371
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxii

Happy Days
Nah not, quite. Both my parents are the prewar generation.

Not claiming all boomers are bad, it's just the majority of entitled sociopaths I encounter are boomers.
Old 11th December 2014, 13:55     #35372
Macca@Work

"it's just the majority of entitled sociopaths I encounter are boomers."

..and Gen Y isn't?
Old 11th December 2014, 15:51     #35373
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

*phew* safely genX
Old 12th December 2014, 21:15     #35374
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Seriously, if you were going to try and stiff a contractor out of pay for months of work, of all the people to choose why would you pick someone who administers your domain, DNS, email, member database, and social media accounts?
Details man! I love hearing these stories.
Old 12th December 2014, 21:34     #35375
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
why? we all know why ... so that you can keep us entertained
Old 12th December 2014, 21:42     #35376
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Well let's just say that one retail-industry company is going to be awfully quiet with its email-newsletter and social media activity over the holidays.
Old 12th December 2014, 22:15     #35377
xor

How many hours worth of work did you waste? What were the comms like when you asked them for payment? DEEZ DETAILS!!
I love hearing the bs excuses clients have
Old 12th December 2014, 22:20     #35378
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The amount's probably just under 6K. Edit - real money, I mean.

As far as communication goes, they just went radio silence on me. Not even a "we dispute the amount of this invoice" or anything. No responses to emails, phone calls, invoice autoreminders.
Old 13th December 2014, 14:44     #35379
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The most gutting thing about it - like, not joking around gutted but really really gutted - is that the time I spent on what has turned out to be a dud customer and the time I've spent on pursuing the debt have impacted on the love I normally show to my regular clients, and I'm going to lose at least one of them. So this whole affair is costing me a looooooooot more than just the invoice amounts.
Old 13th December 2014, 15:46     #35380
CCS
Stunt Pants

Ab, I'm sure you've already considered most of this stuff, but I couldn't help but be reminded of you:

Fuck you, pay me.
Old 13th December 2014, 16:06     #35381
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Thanks. I should just set a reminder to watch that again ever three months or so. The money might be salvaged because of the fact that I was thinking of the lessons of this video when I did the original agreement with this dud client, and it has become a clusterfuck because in the time between then and now I grew comfortable and forgot the lessons of this video.
Old 16th December 2014, 17:19     #35382
CCS
Stunt Pants

Car park thieves
Old 16th December 2014, 22:58     #35383
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

What inscrutable cunt would steal a car park?!
Old 16th December 2014, 23:27     #35384
CCS
Stunt Pants

Dumb guy. That's who. Won't have to put up with dumb guy for much longer.
Old 17th December 2014, 09:42     #35385
Juju
get to da choppa

Something that is shovelling sand into my vagina at the moment is the company I work for has the following accolades:

FY14 revenue up 38%
FY14 EBITA up 48%
FY14 Operating cash up 100%
FY14 dividend up 80%
Reached the ASX300 in March, and is scheduled to hit the ASX200 by the new year.

The company had it's company wide staff performance review and pay review.

1% Pay rise company wide - to match inflation. Ergo No pay rise4u.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.
Old 17th December 2014, 11:52     #35386
Savage

That is pretty shithouse.

I'm going through a somewhat bitter sweet issue with work at the moment. For the last 2.5 years I've been performing standby duties, with my previous manager giving us the old "its part of the job" shtick. New manager took over a few months back, and low and behold, he's dusted off an old policy document that states standby should be paid $x per week, with $y paid out on an hourly basis for each call (minimum 1 hour per call). Work has now started correctly paying me for the standby work, however they owe me roughly AU$35,000 to AU$40,000 (net!) for the previous time spent doing the work for them.

It's great to have the extra money each month now, but I'd love to get the pay out for the work I've already done. I've broached this with HR and payroll, and will need to wait until the new year for the ball to start rolling on their internal investigation into what they can do. That would be a fucking sweet cash injection when it gets sorted, but I'm not holding my breath that they will come to the table. Not 100% sure how much of a legal case I'd have on my hands if I wanted to fight them for it =/
Old 17th December 2014, 11:55     #35387
pxpx

If you can prove the historic work, then you should be sweet.

The company is better off paying you than going through a costly court process, losing, and having to pay you anyway.
Old 17th December 2014, 15:29     #35388
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Surely the question is: how quickly could you find another job if you mentioned court action and got sacked on the spot?
Old 17th December 2014, 15:48     #35389
Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Surely the question is: how quickly could you find another job if you mentioned court action and got sacked on the spot?
I don't think mentioning court action is grounds for dismissal. Dismissal for mentioning court action is probably grounds for successful court action though.
Old 17th December 2014, 16:26     #35390
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
If you can prove the historic work, then you should be sweet.

The company is better off paying you than going through a costly court process, losing, and having to pay you anyway.
That's my theory too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
While I'm a firm believer in the "no one is indispensable" ideology, they will be royally fucked if they sack me. My name and role are both literally written into an addendum to the contracts for both of the clients I look after. Both contracts are due to complete in September 2015, but both clients have the option to extend, and both have signified that they wish to do exactly that.

Having said that, I'm also a firm believer in not shooting myself in the foot, and I have a couple of contract positions open to me at the moment, and a previous manager trying to headhunt me from my current employer. I'm lucky to have options available if I need them.
Old 17th December 2014, 20:43     #35391
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Jeez dude that's a hell of a position to be in. Nice
Old 18th December 2014, 03:29     #35392
Savage

Old 18th December 2014, 05:08     #35393
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Once upon a time I felt totally secure in a job knowing that I was totally indispensable and that without me things would fall apart. I was naive enough to not realise that meant I HAD to be sacked.
Old 18th December 2014, 09:02     #35394
pxpx

That was me earlier this year - so I left to take up a (better) job with a former manager who headhunted me.

A few months later my previous role was disestablished and its duties and responsibilities dispersed to several different roles.

Missed out on a 13 year redunancy payout though
Old 18th December 2014, 11:35     #35395
blynk

But your role would have been disetablished because you left. If you were still there, then you position would have stayed.
Old 18th December 2014, 12:09     #35396
pxpx

There were other things happening that I didn't feel were relevant to explain in my post
Old 18th December 2014, 22:49     #35397
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Once upon a time I felt totally secure in a job knowing that I was totally indispensable and that without me things would fall apart. I was naive enough to not realise that meant I HAD to be sacked.
Bingo. I'm lucky enough to have seen that happen in the past without being directly affected myself. Besides, if you make yourself indispensable in one role, how can you be promoted to a better one?
Old 19th December 2014, 14:05     #35398
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
In other news, starting to get the desperate "none of our stuff is working!" messages. By phone and IM of course, since email is one of the things not working. Who woulda guessed that email relied on the domain name system.
Old 19th December 2014, 14:35     #35399
CCS
Stunt Pants

Fuck you, pay me

Dumb guy at work is grinding my gears. I wanna punch his dumb head.
Old 19th December 2014, 19:40     #35400
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
In other news, starting to get the desperate "none of our stuff is working!" messages. By phone and IM of course, since email is one of the things not working. Who woulda guessed that email relied on the domain name system.
Charge 'em a "You weren't going to pay me" premium over the already outstanding invoices to get everything dealt to and dump them as a customer IMO.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية