Old 22nd February 2012, 13:21     #31761
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

short holidays often > long holidays not often
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:12     #31762
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrtigo
you chumps that dont take holidays, somethings wrong with you.
It's not so much by choice. I'm a contractor, so have to work when the work is avaliable and can't really tap out halfway through the build. I keep thinking that the job is coming to a close and I can jet off into the sunset when bam, we win extra work. It's nice to be needed, but ffs, give us a break.

Would even take going back to a 40 hour week. Wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't trying to rennovate at the same time, 50+ hr week and then home to build a carport, faaaaaark. stress stress stress, BOOM!.
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:19     #31763
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrtigo
short holidays often > long holidays not often
sif. there aint nothing like going on holiday for 3 weeks or more somewhere totally lax where time stands still. when you get back to work you should still feel like you're on holiday for a fortnight later.

Last edited by MadMax : 22nd February 2012 at 14:20.
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:23     #31764
p01s0n

lol just tack a day eitherside of every long weekend and then take 3 weeks off over christmas.
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:07     #31765
MadMax
Stuff

Get your shit together Ingram!
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:18     #31766
p01s0n

Customer name: max, mad

"yeahhhhh, this guy can wait another week"
*goes back to fingering own butthole*
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:49     #31767
MadMax
Stuff

Sales team: sorry, we don't have access to that item
Product rep: sorry, we don't have access to sales orders

Old 23rd February 2012, 10:28     #31768
SPONGER

Very angry

I've been watching the replies to Juju's neighbor query with interest as I have been through really similar situations over the last year at my place.
This morning I get woken up to the neighbors unregistered dog going mad at the 4 car-loads of cops storming into the place to search it early this morning, carrying off several bags of whatever they found and the Shitty neighbor/tenant in cuffs.
Does this mean these guys will move out now? We can only hope.
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:51     #31769
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

These magsafe power adaptors that Apple make are the shittiest fucking things. The magnetic connector is genius, but the rest is weak. I'm up to my 4th power supply - the cords fray/burn, or the terminals gunk up, and it ends up shorting out. Considering the design invites you to wrap the cable around it, you would think they would have considered the effect fatigue will have on the cables.

There are loads of videos on how to fix them (which I might attempt on one of my old ones) from people who have suffered the same fate. It can't just be me, it's a shitty design.
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:19     #31770
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
These magsafe power adaptors that Apple make are the shittiest fucking things. The magnetic connector is genius, but the rest is weak. I'm up to my 4th power supply - the cords fray/burn, or the terminals gunk up, and it ends up shorting out. Considering the design invites you to wrap the cable around it, you would think they would have considered the effect fatigue will have on the cables.

There are loads of videos on how to fix them (which I might attempt on one of my old ones) from people who have suffered the same fate. It can't just be me, it's a shitty design.

I've heard of this, but have been using my cables for years with no problems. They look like crap, but work fine.

Okay, I probably just jinxed them...
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:26     #31771
Kryten

I've always wrapped mine like this, no problems in the 3 years I've been chucking the power adaptors into my bag etc.

http://www.tested.com/how-to-properl...r-cord/47-105/
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:32     #31772
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
These magsafe power adaptors that Apple make are the shittiest fucking things.
we have three MBAs here. users only charge at their desk as the batteries are that good.
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:58     #31773
CCS
Stunt Pants

Wow cool story bro
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:58     #31774
StN
I have detailed files

Hmm - it appears that all my optician records have disappeared into a hole in the ground (next to Christchurch's short lived Wendy's) so I have to redo from start. Having paper records always did strike me as being quaint. Oh well.
Old 23rd February 2012, 15:52     #31775
p01s0n

Quote:

my 6 year old one is working absolutely fine??? stop treating your stuff like shit.
Old 23rd February 2012, 15:55     #31776
aR Que

He doesn't treat your mum that badly?
Old 23rd February 2012, 16:19     #31777
Juju
get to da choppa

An account manager just requested a phone conversation by using the phrase "audio me today or tomorrow".

da fuck..
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:23     #31778
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Wow cool story bro
"Thread has been Madmaxed" should be attached to any thread where MM has offered his "quality" contributions.
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:28     #31779
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
i always cringe when people don't loop out a bit before wrapping such cables
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
"Thread has been Madmaxed" should be attached to any thread where MM has offered his "quality" contributions.
nice troll. most people would realise i'm suggesting people leave cables at their desk

Last edited by MadMax : 23rd February 2012 at 19:30.
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:31     #31780
CCS
Stunt Pants

facepalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
most people would realise i'm suggesting people leave cables at their desk
Everybody here knows what you meant. It's just that everybody here also thinks that your posted was obscenely fucking retarded.
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:39     #31781
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
No problems with any of mine, 6 years and counting. Stop treating them like shit.
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:46     #31782
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
An account manager just requested a phone conversation by using the phrase "audio me today or tomorrow".

da fuck..
Find a cassette tape + recorder, record yourself asking him to ring you. There - you "audioed" him.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 23rd February 2012, 20:27     #31783
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Everybody here knows what you meant. It's just that everybody here also thinks that your posted was obscenely fucking retarded.
That's not quite it, actually. The more accurate version is that "everybody here also thinks that 99.99% of what you [i.e. MadMax] post is obscenely fucking retarded". Even Xpandnz or Crocos are better -- now that's a scary thought.
Old 23rd February 2012, 20:32     #31784
crocos

Fuck you too, buddy!

Old 23rd February 2012, 20:34     #31785
p-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Hmm - it appears that all my optician records have disappeared into a hole in the ground (next to Christchurch's short lived Wendy's) so I have to redo from start. Having paper records always did strike me as being quaint. Oh well.
I thought Wendy's Burgers had set up somewhere out Sockburn/Hornby way??
Old 23rd February 2012, 20:40     #31786
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Fuck you too, buddy!
Look, you're still better than MadMax. Learn 2 b content!
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:03     #31787
TnT

Quote:
Gonna have to agree with 'stop treating your gear like shit', Magsafe power adapters are O for awesome.
Old 26th February 2012, 12:56     #31788
cyc
Objection!

Dear Garth "Shit For Brains" McVicar and Co....

... just stop breathing already. Your stupidity is seriously socially damaging. No bail for ANYBODY accused of a crime carrying a potentia term of imprisonment of 2 years or more? Police being able to veto a judge?

What the fuck is this? Nazi Germany? Do these dumb cunts realise how many more prisons would have to be built for their little fantasies to become reality? All because one pretty girl got allegedly murdered by someone who was out on bail. Awesome.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10788100
Old 26th February 2012, 13:44     #31789
Lightspeed

There are some genuine issues that need to be brought to light and addressed. The problem is these guys only have one way in mind that is acceptable and that is a draconian, completely infeasible police state. They're just a group of moralistic nutters who have clustered together around an issue that lets them act out their moralistic bullshit while getting to feel all like righteously indignant heroes of the people.
Old 26th February 2012, 15:05     #31790
cyc
Objection!

It feels strange to say this but I completely agree with LS for once.
Old 26th February 2012, 16:02     #31791
[Malks] Pixie

Had to physically remove a SST member from my property once - that was a laugh and a half. Never have I had such vitriolic abuse directed towards me from a stranger. Bunch of self profiting cocks in my opinion - they don't give a shit about the victims or their friends or family if theres a chance of SST getting media time.

Pixie
Old 26th February 2012, 17:32     #31792
xor

wtf, why would some loller like that be on your property?
Old 26th February 2012, 19:05     #31793
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
wtf, why would some loller like that be on your property?
Because a friend of mine had been mur^H^H^manslaughtered by her boyfriend and they were looking for people to "speak out" about sentencing. He got my name through a friend of mine, showed up unannounced (no phone call to see if I would be interested) and hence the lols began.

Pixie
Old 27th February 2012, 00:12     #31794
Jamiepo

Wankers on trademe that want to buy stuff but claim they can only pay via paypal. Quite obviously you will pick up the bike, part it out and then dispute the payment leaving me with nothing. Why not just turn up at my place with the cash and I will give you the bike. This method seems to work pretty well for most of the shops I have been to.
Old 27th February 2012, 00:57     #31795
crocos

Did you list PayPal as one of the payment options?

If not, then tell them to fuck off.

If you did, then it's your own fault.

Old 27th February 2012, 14:38     #31796
xor

Some guy sent me an email asking for a change to be made on their system. He sent it to me at 10:30 and wanted the change made before 12. He obviously expects that I'm always checking my messages while doing other work and doesn't think it's necessary to follow up with a phone call given that the time frame from the request to the change is very short.

Then when the time period lapses he thinks sending a condescending message cc'ing his management people complaining that he waited until 12:30 at site for me to make the change.
Old 27th February 2012, 15:06     #31797
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Police being able to veto a judge?

What the fuck is this? Nazi Germany?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10788100
Pretty sure you just automatically lost any argument your post had put forward.

Ain't no law higher than Godwin's law.
Old 27th February 2012, 15:07     #31798
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Some guy sent me an email asking for a change to be made on their system. He sent it to me at 10:30 and wanted the change made before 12. He obviously expects that I'm always checking my messages while doing other work and doesn't think it's necessary to follow up with a phone call given that the time frame from the request to the change is very short.

Then when the time period lapses he thinks sending a condescending message cc'ing his management people complaining that he waited until 12:30 at site for me to make the change.
SLA motherfucker.

If they want a guaranteed instant response, they can pay for it.
Old 27th February 2012, 16:21     #31799
Caesar

Very angry

Fucken stupid non considerate cunts that play music on their cell phone speaker for every other poor bastard to hear in a public waiting place, IE Bus stop, train station or even a shop.

If ya wanner hear your cell music get some fucken headphones ya fuckwit...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr that shit grinds my gears.
Had to listen to this stupid bitch play her music on her cell phone speaker loud enough for the whole room to hear at the train station this morning.
Old 27th February 2012, 16:24     #31800
aR Que

^^ niggah don't know how to rock a sound off, obviously.