That doesn't mean its law.

Here is the promise tracker: http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/
Old 28th May 2010, 17:05     #22323
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmodan
That doesn't mean its law.
What is still remaining before it becomes law? Signed into law by the President?
Old 28th May 2010, 17:12     #22324
Azmodan

Haven't been following it, but its sent through both chambers and voted on so it'll need to go through congress if it hasn't already then it's signed into law by Obama. Although i'm sure you've researched this already.

Either way it's a sweet victory for gay rights
Old 28th May 2010, 18:30     #22325
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
What is still remaining before it becomes law? Signed into law by the President?
AFAIK a law can start in either congress or the senate and if it gets passed by one of the branches it then needs to pass in the other before it goes to the president's desk.
Old 28th May 2010, 23:36     #22326
Cyberbob

An experimental aircraft has set a new record for the longest hypersonic flight after streaking across the sky Wednesday for more than three minutes while flying at Mach 5 — five times the speed of sound — the United States Air Force has announced.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37377401...ace/?GT1=43001
Old 29th May 2010, 09:45     #22327
blynk

Dear God, who has decided to come back as "Lord Pidgington".
10 posts in and they already seem to be giving shit to people. It so seems that CCMeatballS has a new alterego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pidgington
You can't mock Chiq or you get BANNED dude. She's the Queen of the nerd hive that needs to be preserved for all gutter geek *fap* value.
Quote:
Anyone seen the alternate ending where ......Titus Welliver drops his cock in Jacob's mouth while sliding his fist up his asshole until the pressure results in a temporal shift in the island and a volatile communal cumshot being plastered all over Hurley's face?

God damn that scene is intense and emotionally provocative.....
Quote:
Grammar fail.

Where's your God now bitch?
Quote:
Lost sucked and failed to deliver. I did a clean run of seasons 1 to 6 and can accept this outcome (and am most thankful for never performing a re-run prior to the revelation of the failed outcome).

Devout homos such as xpandnz will undoubtedly refute such claims, since they need to maintain the conscious farce that Lost wasn't a piece of Christian driven shit that they dedicated 5 years of their life to, and that it was a meaningful ending that justified years of servitude and hundreds of hours of viewing time.

Please reply and tell me that the series was about characterization. The irony of this outcome is not lost on me. It was the ultimate dramatic troll hustle, and I tip my hat in acknowledgment to the writers in this respect.

Last edited by blynk : 29th May 2010 at 09:50.
Old 29th May 2010, 09:53     #22328
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

it's almost duckstabsque

/crosses fingers
Old 29th May 2010, 10:01     #22329
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Rolling eyes

actually, I went sampled his posts in context, and he just comes across as a tryhard retard....
Old 29th May 2010, 13:19     #22330
fidgit
Always itchy

He's following the typical new-troll poster format. He's going hard as he can (and this will last a few days), attacking everyone and everything, while dropping hints that he's been lurking for quite a while so he knows everything about everyone. Then, after about 2 weeks he'll dry out and we'll never hear from him again.

The only poster I can remember that started like this but kept it up and never left was Haydos.
Old 29th May 2010, 16:04     #22331
SumJaun
Cogito Ergo Sum

Gary Coleman, the Diff'rent Strokes star has died from a brain haemorrhage at the age of 42.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertain...s/10181246.stm

Last edited by SumJaun : 29th May 2010 at 16:06. Reason: better link
Old 29th May 2010, 16:10     #22332
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumJaun
Gary Coleman, the Diff'rent Strokes star has died from a brain haemorrhage at the age of 42.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertain...s/10181246.stm
http://www.nzgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84379
Old 29th May 2010, 18:06     #22333
CCS
Stunt Pants

o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
10 posts in and they already seem to be giving shit to people. It so seems that CCMeatballS has a new alterego.
Nigger please.
Old 29th May 2010, 18:43     #22334
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

I went and watched a Netball game today (Mystics vs Swifts).. Wow those girls all have lovely long legs..
Old 29th May 2010, 18:54     #22335
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yeah, and really really muscular calves.
Old 29th May 2010, 19:09     #22336
fidgit
Always itchy

Oh man calves.

I went to the Kids of 88/Naked and Famous on Wednesday. Jumped around a bit. My calves were still so tight yesterday morning I could hardly stand when I got up.
By this morning they're still tight but at least I can walk.

Might be time to get back to the gym...
Old 29th May 2010, 19:32     #22337
xpandnz

Were the bands good? Was that the show that Computers Want Me Dead played at? I like their song on TV atm and wouldn't mind seeing them live sometime.
Old 29th May 2010, 19:53     #22338
xor

Federer is a fucking God! I used to think nobody would ever be as smooth Sampras but it looks like that stone faced Swiss is.
Old 29th May 2010, 20:39     #22339
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpandnz
Were the bands good? Was that the show that Computers Want Me Dead played at? I like their song on TV atm and wouldn't mind seeing them live sometime.
Computers want me dead were quite good - I hadn't heard of them before but wasn't left bored.
Kids of 88 were great. Their signer is a real showman. Good times. I'd only heard their two singles (the C4 song and the new one), which got the crowd really going.
Naked and Famous played a lot of slower/less rocky stuff than the last time I saw them, and a lot of stuff that wasn't on the two painted-hands EP's (only kill the little black dots, serenade and bells iirc). Still good, but I think they weren't enjoying themselves as much as the last time they were down. Not nearly as much crowd interaction. Did play I'm Afraid of Americans again though

The firealarm went off about 2 minutes into the first Computers Want Me Dead song, everyone had to evacuate. Pretty lol.
Old 29th May 2010, 20:56     #22340
xpandnz

Someone must not have liked them
Old 30th May 2010, 00:04     #22341
Lord Pidgington

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
The H-hour of my offensive was perfectly timed. You bolshevistic swines never saw it coming.

Unfortunately the alcohol supply lines were severed, and the resulting dip in morale prevented a further extension of the offensive line.
Old 30th May 2010, 22:14     #22342
gentle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Oh man calves.

I went to the Kids of 88/Naked and Famous on Wednesday. Jumped around a bit. My calves were still so tight yesterday morning I could hardly stand when I got up.
By this morning they're still tight but at least I can walk.

Might be time to get back to the gym...
[/quote]

Maybe. Maybe.
Old 31st May 2010, 00:08     #22343
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
The H-hour of my offensive was perfectly timed. You bolshevistic swines never saw it coming.

Unfortunately the alcohol supply lines were severed, and the resulting dip in morale prevented a further extension of the offensive line.
Hey look everyone, Lord Pidgington was drunk on the internet.

I think I've found my new idol.
Old 31st May 2010, 00:10     #22344
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle
Maybe. Maybe.[/quote]

...fuck off. :P

eats another donut-of-misery

Although now that someone's making fun of me on the internet, that might be the motivation I need to finally shed some kilo's.

Fuck it. donut
Old 31st May 2010, 14:48     #22345
MadMax
Stuff

Crying

my ms natural keyboard has finally lived the end of it's days. couple of keys arnt working. took it apart to clean contacts but it looks like some of the matrix has corroded.

might have to bury it under a tree

ah well it's all good - i still have a working spare natural =)

Last edited by MadMax : 31st May 2010 at 14:49.
Old 31st May 2010, 14:59     #22346
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

ALWAYS have a spare Natural
Old 31st May 2010, 15:44     #22347
CCS
Stunt Pants

1 hour, 45 minutes.
Old 31st May 2010, 15:59     #22348
Reformed_Quint

you do 37.5 weeks or just start early?
Old 31st May 2010, 16:01     #22349
CCS
Stunt Pants

Started at 8.

One hour.... and 30 minutes.... aaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhhuuuuuueee\\\\

Need good websites for frittering.
Old 31st May 2010, 19:08     #22350
MadMax
Stuff

dont think i could handle a job where you can easilly procrastinate for long periods of time. i'd be trying to find other things to do, even if it was outside the scope of my call to duty.

i'll go ahead and qualify the above by saying that if i was watching some mission critical light and had to push a button when it went off (and being able to browse nzg) it might be ok
Old 31st May 2010, 19:26     #22351
StN
I have detailed files

Old 31st May 2010, 22:48     #22352
MadMax
Stuff

^ i was expecting that =)
Old 1st June 2010, 00:01     #22353
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
dont think i could handle a job where you can easilly procrastinate for long periods of time. i'd be trying to find other things to do, even if it was outside the scope of my call to duty.
I like to run my brain hot and then give it time to cool when I work. When I was out on projects and the like, I could run hot for a week and get a lot of shit done, but I can't do that all the time. So when the job suits it, I work in intense bursts and then chill.
Old 1st June 2010, 06:45     #22354
chubby

Quote:
Israel is the North Korea of the Middle East–or why running an Israeli blockade is a bad idea.
Quote:
Israel is the North Korea of the Middle East–or why running an Israeli blockade is a bad idea.
datePosted on 20:03, May 31st, 2010 by Pablo

The facts are still not completely in and will undoubtedly be the focus of much dispute, but it appears that while it was in international waters Israeli forces stormed the “freedom flotilla” headed to Gaza with humanitarian aid and several hundred pro-Palestinian activists, including Turkish parlamentarians, a holocaust survivor and a nobel laureate. The Israelis claim that their commandos were attacked with clubs and knives as they rappelled onto the lead vessel, and that soldiers opened fire when one of the commandos had his weapon seized by an activist. Estimates are that around 16 people were killed and 30 wounded. The flotilla is now being towed to Haifa, were the six vessels will be inspected and the surviving activists presumably arrested and deported. Since the flotilla sailed from Turkey and was organised in part by a Turkish-based Islamic charity, the Turkish government has demanded an explanation from Israel as to why it resorted to force.

This is not a good look for Israel and no amount of PR spin is going to undo the image of soldiers gunning down unarmed civilians. I will not be surprised if the Israelis produce weapons caches found on the boats and a number of purported Hamas infiltrators amongst those on board as proof that the flotilla was up to no good, but even if that were a true discovery and not a staged justification, its reputation for callous disregard for the lives of those who even peacefully oppose its policies will be reaffirmed. On the other hand, deliberately attempting to break the three year old blockade after being warned by the Israeli navy to not enter its waters was a foolhardy, if courageous thing to do given Israel’s reputation and track record when it comes to the use of force.

Some might wonder why on earth Israel would do such a thing knowing full well that it will be universally condemned for doing so. The answer is simple. Like North Korea they have a garrison state mentality in which internal political dynamics and an oversized conception of threats far outweigh any concern with external reactions. Israel gave up a long time ago worrying about how its actions will be perceived by the international community. Its major concern is to not appear weak. Whatever their other differences, the Israeli political elite is virtually unanimous in its support for a hard-line defense policy, to include the blockade. It is a mindset that external actors do not share but which is compelling to them. Anything that could appear to be an exploitation of a point of Israeli weakness (such as successfully running the blockade) is seen as an existential threat. Thus killing activists who dared to challenge Israel’s commitment to enforcing the blockade is seen as a fair price to pay for maintaining its image of toughness. What is more, the Israeli government believes that its Arab neighbours as well as others in the international community quietly respect its toughness, which serves as both a deterrent as well as a reaffirmation that it is here to stay, on its own terms.

Since the Palestinians receive little more than rhetorical support from the Sunni Arab world, Israel also knows a hard fact that the North Koreans understood when they torpedoed the South Korean frigate in March: there is nothing anyone can really do about the kilings beyond rhetorical condemnation and meaningless UN sanctions (and it will be interesting to see if Israel receives a UNSC sanction while North Korea does not). Although it may engage in some diplomatic retaliation, Turkey is not going to declare war over this incident. No other state or coalition of states are going to mount a counter-blockade that would invite an Israeli armed response, and economic and trade sanctions, even if they were to be applied, will be happily circumvented by the numerous “quiet” partners Israel has around the world. As an old Latin American phrase puts it, impunity has its own reward.

The point being that what appears outrageous to the outside world makes perfect sense to Israeli decision-makers given their garrison state mentalities. Had the flotilla organisers understood this, perhaps they would have thought twice about challenging the blockade. Had the Turkish government understood this, they would have been better served by dealing with the political wrath at home caused by their denying the flotilla permission to leave port rather than deal with the violent protests now occurring in the aftermath of the commando raid.

One thing is certain: specific differences notwithstanding and adjusting mutatis mutandis for context, ideology and circumstance, Israel is the North Korea of the Middle East. Both have been in a de facto state of (undeclared) war with their closest neighbours since the moment of creation/partition. Both of are driven by extreme security rationales born of the perception of imminent threat, real or imagined. Both have gone both nuclear and ballistic. Both see conspiracy in the far abroad. Both have repeatedly practiced a remarkable disregard for international convention. Both believe that they have the moral high ground. Both use military diplomacy as the leading edge of their approach to regional conflict. Both have hawk and dove political factions (and in society) that are nevertheless united in their stand on the physical integrity of their borders. Both have hard-line zealots in positions of governmental authority. Both will kill innocents to make their point.

In that light Israel’s bellicose (ir)rationality, just like that of the North Koreans, may seem odd to us. It makes perfect sense to them.
http://www.kiwipolitico.com/
Old 1st June 2010, 09:54     #22355
xpandnz

BREAKING NEWS ON STUFF!!!
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...ean-phone-call
Old 1st June 2010, 10:00     #22356
CCS
Stunt Pants

Fuck up.
Old 1st June 2010, 22:14     #22357
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

I'm in the process of re-watching the entire series of Buffy and so far almost finished with season one. It's always funny seeing actors who were on a show early in their careers, but you didn't know who they were until they got more famous... Like the chick who played Rita on Dexter.. man, she still looks pretty much the same.. and I saw a guy from CSI:NY.. cool..
Old 1st June 2010, 22:20     #22358
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
I'm in the process of re-watching the entire series of Buffy
I tried this recently, didn't get past the second half of the second season :/ really disappointed too, I loved it growing up. Was utter shite to revisit, IMO.
Old 1st June 2010, 23:54     #22359
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

going to bed now. cheers.
Old 2nd June 2010, 00:57     #22360
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrick
I tried this recently, didn't get past the second half of the second season :/ really disappointed too, I loved it growing up. Was utter shite to revisit, IMO.
Third season is where it really picks up IMO. First and second is mostly Buffy 90210.

Pepsi - I've had a few beers with the guy that played the gay jock that befriends Xander, cool guy. Strongest american accent I've ever heard.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 2nd June 2010 at 01:02.