Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 7th May 2012, 13:06     #32281
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Oh yeah, he was provoked and so he slapped the ref, so that was alright. The suggestion seems to be that he was provoked by the ref, and hey, refs shouldn't be provoking players, right? So the ref deserved a bit of a tickle around the face.

Be careful, mate. This is NZG where a pretty large mob spent an eternity defending Mojo, who basically smashed someone's face in a pretty similar way after some alleged provocation. Apparently, it's not just this anti-ref muppet who believes there's nothing wrong with smashing someone's face.
Old 7th May 2012, 13:10     #32282
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Be careful, mate. This is NZG where a pretty large mob spent an eternity defending Mojo, who basically smashed someone's face in a pretty similar way after some alleged provocation. Apparently, it's not just this anti-ref muppet who believes there's nothing wrong with smashing someone's face.
i seem to recall it was only mojo and one other moron who was also a thug actually defending his viewpoint. especially when he started on his "fuck da police" tirade.
Old 7th May 2012, 13:23     #32283
p01s0n

before I place my judgement on this situation, I need to know whether the ref had an android phone or not.
Old 7th May 2012, 13:30     #32284
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
i seem to recall it was only mojo and one other moron who was also a thug actually defending his viewpoint. especially when he started on his "fuck da police" tirade.

Sadly, no. There were more -- if anything, I am not particularly bothered by people who do such things rationalising what they did. It's to be expected. What grinds my gears are the third parties that defend them like they are doing something worthwhile.
Old 7th May 2012, 13:55     #32285
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
before I place my judgement on this situation, I need to know whether the ref had an android phone or not.
What if he had no phone and instead preferred his trusty landline?
Old 7th May 2012, 13:59     #32286
p01s0n

i'll be honest, i don't know where i'm going with this
Old 7th May 2012, 15:11     #32287
xor

Quote:
what grinds my gears today is learning a close mate of mine died in a boxing match in Tahiti :/
guts as, and I was gonna moan about my lukewarm coffee I bought this morning too.
Old 7th May 2012, 15:37     #32288
Cyberbob

Quote:
what grinds my gears today is learning a close mate of mine died in a boxing match in Tahiti :/

Damn :/
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/6873784...dies-in-Tahiti
Old 7th May 2012, 16:16     #32289
leadinjector

yeah. people always say this i know, but he really was a genuinely nice guy. when i started training at balmoral in auckland as a super skinny super white nerdy 18 year old, he was really friendly and helpful. dude never asked for anything from anyone but was always willing to give. sucks to lose guys like that.
Old 9th May 2012, 13:41     #32290
p01s0n

trying to renew my cars rego in NSW is grinding my fucking gears. holy shit if you thought having to go for a wof is jumping through hoops, CTP will make you want to end your life.
Old 9th May 2012, 14:41     #32291
chiQ
Frag-muff

If you think getting a warrant is jumping through hoops I give no weight to your assertions. You've clearly a drama queen. Someone else will have to verify.
Old 9th May 2012, 14:49     #32292
aR Que

I dunno, my GA61 failed it's last WoF because of a wheel bearing (fair cop) and rust in the front x-member, checked it out, they had put little yellow crosses everywhere, had the whole 'she's fucked' moment.
Got out a jimmy bar and started whaling away at the member trying to assess the situation. Yeap, no rust, just a bit of colour on the welds from where it'd previously been replaced. So cleaned it off, painted it, sent it back. Pass.

What a fucking drama for a discoloration of welds.

Side note (because you asked) the car has these little metal flaps to funnel the air into the radiator (fuck yea, go the early 80s) which they bent out of their way so they could 'check out the rust', mother fuckers ain't supposed to move anything! *RAGE*
Old 9th May 2012, 14:54     #32293
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
trying to renew my cars rego in NSW is grinding my fucking gears. holy shit if you thought having to go for a wof is jumping through hoops, CTP will make you want to end your life.
Move to SA, no WOF requirement here. Radelaide wins again.
Old 9th May 2012, 15:04     #32294
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
If you think getting a warrant is jumping through hoops I give no weight to your assertions. You've clearly a drama queen. Someone else will have to verify.
lol just lol
Old 9th May 2012, 15:08     #32295
chiQ
Frag-muff

Eh, I drive up, step out, wait a short while, then drive away with a warrant. Only once have I had a hassle, when my windscreen had a chunk out of it. Insurance bought me a new one and once again I drove up, stepped out, waited a while, then drove off with a warrant.

That said, the one I got last weekend did involve queuing behind the most disgusting man ever. The man's car went in for its warrant entirely coated in a thin layer of saliva. He took 'spit and polish' to a new extreme. As I facebooked, the man must have the most epic salivary glands.
Old 9th May 2012, 15:10     #32296
p01s0n

Quote:
Eh, I drive up, step out, wait a short while, then drive away with a warrant. Only once have I had a hassle, when my windscreen had a chunk out of it. Insurance bought me a new one and once again I drove up, stepped out, waited a while, then drove off with a warrant.

That said, the one I got last weekend did involve queuing behind the most disgusting man ever. The man's car went in for its warrant entirely coated in a thin layer of saliva. He took 'spit and polish' to a new extreme. As I facebooked, the man must have the most epic salivary glands.
sorry, at what point did I say I was having trouble with vehicle inspection?
Old 9th May 2012, 15:20     #32297
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
CTP will make you want to end your life.
*fingers crossed*
Old 9th May 2012, 15:33     #32298
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
*fingers crossed*
the sweet kiss of death releases me from reading titus posts, and for a brief moment i'm at peace
Old 9th May 2012, 15:47     #32299
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Same in Perth. However if you get pinged for 'non standard mods' to your car and yellow stickered, or you let your rego lapse more than 3 months... then you're up for pretty much a NZ WoF inspection, and by fucking god do people whinge about that shit. Seriously it's not that much of a big deal. If your car doesn't pass... that's a good thing for the rest of us, cause your piece of shit car ISN'T FUCKING SAFE TO DRIVE COCKBAG.
Old 9th May 2012, 17:44     #32300
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab

/googles:
Quote:
In South Australia at present, only B doubles, road trains and passenger transport vehicles (buses and taxis) must be inspected regularly. Other vehicles, including most trucks and semi-trailers, are only inspected if their owners are seeking re-registration after a vehicle has been issued a defect notice.

Maintaining roadworthiness standards of existing vehicles is important to road safety. The benefits of introducing vehicle inspections in South Australia will be considered, based on interstate and international experience, cost effectiveness and community impact.
(from here)

hmm... the more you know.
Old 9th May 2012, 19:02     #32301
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
sorry, at what point did I say I was having trouble with vehicle inspection?
So which aspect of a warrant of fitness pushes little bugs up your butt then? The two minutes at the counter giving them your rego and licence details and paying money, or the need to occupy yourself while the inspection goes on? You're being terribly mysterious about what your whinge is.
Old 9th May 2012, 19:21     #32302
wazza
*flex*

my 92 jappa(passengers often mistake it for at least a 96 -- the fools!) has passed 2 WOF's in a row at the testing station without needing ANYTHING

i browsed on my android smartphone while i waited for the testing to complete

cheers for reading
Old 9th May 2012, 19:54     #32303
p01s0n

Quote:
So which aspect of a warrant of fitness pushes little bugs up your butt then? The two minutes at the counter giving them your rego and licence details and paying money, or the need to occupy yourself while the inspection goes on? You're being terribly mysterious about what your whinge is.
in order to get your registration renewed in nz, you have to first have a valid warrant of fitness. in some situations, people have a bit of trouble getting their car to a state the wof inspector might be happy with. some would say, that you need to 'jump through hoops' sometimes in order to get a wof. considering you drive a boring as fuck volvo or whatever, this is probably not something you're familiar with.

in order to get your rego renewed in australia, you may or may not need to do a 'pink slip' safety inspection, and also purchase 'green slip' ctp (compulsory third party insurance').

CTP is quite expensive. Today I've paid $1061 to register my car for 12 months, $733 of which was CTP.

22 days ago, I got a 6 month CTP quote of $370, which the email copy said was valid for 31 days. Today I got paid, so got ready to buy my 6 months of CTP and my 6 months of rego since I didn't want to pay the full 12mo on a car I might not have for 12mo.

I clicked the link, and continued filling out the form, and was then told that you are only eligible for 6 months CTP if you renew it within 21 days of your rego expiring (I sparsely use my car, but needed to get it rego'd for something this weekend). So even though my quote is 'valid' for 31days, NEK MINNIT it's actually not. There is nothing on the site to suggest this when you generate a qoute. Like, it would be pretty hand if when you select '6mo' it's like 'yo lil fyi for ya there WRT ur selection'

So expecting to pay $370, I resolve that I'll have to pay $733 for 12mo ctp. So I continue, and it's like 'HRMMMM, LOOKS LIKE U CANT DO A ONLINE PAYMENT FOR THIS PLATE!!' so I have to give them a fucking call on the phone, and give them all sorts of details which i've already given the online system, and pay my $733 with the excruciating task of repeating myself every time I say my name and the number '6'. Given that it's already cost me twice what I wanted to pay, every little delay starts fucking me off more and more.

So i get my CTP done at twice what I was budgeting to pay, taking approx 30mins longer than it should have, despite prepping weeks beforehand and getting a quote done and everything.

then I go to the RTA site and it's like 'yeap ur pinkslip is in the system and yeap ur greenslip is in the system, lets get u sum REGO!!' and now, fucking 3mo and 6mo rego options are greyed out because i went for 12mo CTP, so now my fukkin rego price is double as well.

mad as fuk. meanwhile in nz, u get your wof and pay $200 online and BOOM DUSTED
Old 10th May 2012, 01:12     #32304
chiQ
Frag-muff

Ah, fair enough. My lack of trouble has nothing to do with the Volvo. I only just got it. My lack of trouble stems from keeping my car, whatever it is, fit and roadworthy at all times, because I give a shit about the safety and well-being of my passengers, those on the road around me, and myself. I guess that's a bit weird.
Old 10th May 2012, 13:12     #32305
CCS
Stunt Pants

Some idiot forwarded pass to everyone you know who has a mobile phone email to a person where my mum works, who then forwarded it to everybody that they work with including my mum, who then unquestioningly forwarded it to her family

Emailed her back saying that it's a hoax. Should've sent firm instructions that she emails all those CC'd on the original email and tell them to STOP FUCKING FORWARDING A HOAX.

http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/4861.html

Shitting dickballs. I mean, this cop mentioned in the email has phone numbers that don't even make sense in NZ, but noooo, some tool added an NZ Police logo with another name and phone number next to it... looks legit, must be legit!
Old 10th May 2012, 13:16     #32306
StN
I have detailed files

I call shenanigans - you said repeatedly that your Mum is dead!
Old 10th May 2012, 14:13     #32307
CCS
Stunt Pants

Sorry, I meant your mum. She keeps forwarding me hoaxes. Can you ask her to cut that shit out? Cheers.
Old 10th May 2012, 14:15     #32308
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
my 92 jappa(passengers often mistake it for at least a 96 -- the fools!) has passed 2 WOF's in a row at the testing station without needing ANYTHING

i browsed on my android smartphone while i waited for the testing to complete

cheers for reading
likes this
Old 10th May 2012, 14:17     #32309
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
I call shenanigans - you said repeatedly that your Mum is dead!
good point, Thomas once tried to make me feel bad/sad by saying his Mum was long dead.....
Old 10th May 2012, 14:36     #32310
CCS
Stunt Pants

It's true. My parents are dead and I am an orphan. Are you orphan bashing now? What a cunt.
Old 10th May 2012, 14:50     #32311
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
It's true. My parents are dead and I am an orphan. Are you orphan bashing now? What a cunt.
not orphan bashing in general, just specifically you..... cunt
Old 10th May 2012, 14:52     #32312
CCS
Stunt Pants

News just to hand: Rince of nzgames hates orphans, kicks kittens.
Old 11th May 2012, 10:50     #32313
aR Que

This keyboard. Big piece of shiet. buttons all over the place for my documents, my pictures, my music... the fuck are they all for. All the home/end/del keys moved around and a fucking f-lock, why the fuck would i ever want them to do anything other than F-ing, Fuck you keyboard.

*throws keyboard out the window*
Old 11th May 2012, 11:08     #32314
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
This keyboard. Big piece of shiet. buttons all over the place for my documents, my pictures, my music... the fuck are they all for. All the home/end/del keys moved around and a fucking f-lock, why the fuck would i ever want them to do anything other than F-ing, Fuck you keyboard.

*throws keyboard out the window*
have u considered:

as a keyboarding solution to suit your needs?
Old 11th May 2012, 11:11     #32315
Spink

think of using it as a decoy keyboard to trick the cat

Old 11th May 2012, 15:21     #32316
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

I do backends for websites, my customers frequently go off and get other design companies to do the front end design and we do the back end coding for them.

New Zealand's supposed "top web design company" (as explained to us by the client when they first contracted them) have delivered css which makes random forms on the site look like this: http://imgur.com/d87B0 . And they've spent hours arguing with us and the customer that this is perfectly acceptable.

Old 11th May 2012, 15:32     #32317
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Even if it was supposedly acceptable, spending hours arguing with the people paying the bills is not a stellar idea.
Old 11th May 2012, 15:49     #32318
xor

zeald?
Old 11th May 2012, 15:57     #32319
crocos

smudge: If it wouldn't itself be an unprofessional act, I'd say "Name and Shame!"

I do hope your client has found someone (hell, anyone) else to do their front end.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 11th May 2012, 16:33     #32320
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

Meh, I don't care what that company thinks of my professionalism, but I do the client, so I shouldn't. The client is out of money, so no redesign, I've just got to do what I can.

This is the third big one in a row I've been dumped with like this. The client has spent big money on a complex design from a big name design company and has ended up with something really shitty.

Last edited by smudge : 11th May 2012 at 16:35.