Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 28th August 2009, 00:25     #16281
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-b
They fuck me off because they start off trying to deceive you by talking about something else before greasily sliding on into the religious rhetoric.

Whats more, even after several "no thank you, i'd rather not"'s or "No, sorry it's not my thing"'s or "sorry, I am not interested"'s, you have to resort to just about being rude to get them to go.
You're being too nice to them. Just mess with them a bit. Tell them you worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Tell them you just plain hate Jesus. Patiently listen to them and then put your hand down the front of your pants and rub a little. Say nothing. Then put your other hand down the back of your pants and rub around a little. Maintain eye contact.

Quote:
Even after all of that, I check my mail later in the day to find a sea shell with a cross drawn on it in my letter box.
Fucking hell, is that like the religo version of waking up to a horses head in your bed?! Draw a pentagram (or a penis) on it and toss it back at their church.
Old 28th August 2009, 00:31     #16282
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Meatball
Draw a ... penis) on it

That's your answer for everything, isn't it George...
Old 28th August 2009, 00:32     #16283
Thomas Meatball

It's very effective. You should try it.
Old 28th August 2009, 07:22     #16284
[BT]Monza

Programs that decide you need an icon in your system tray at all times and no option to turn them off. Untick program from startup in msconfig only for the fucker to retick itself again.
Old 28th August 2009, 08:39     #16285
StN
I have detailed files

Getting out of the shower and hearing a meaty roar outside, and assume that there's a nor'wester and the jets are routing over my house again at low altitude, so I don't bother to look out of the window.

And I miss seeing the meteor.
Old 28th August 2009, 09:41     #16286
xor

1. Being obligated to invite cousins to my wedding that I don't talk to and don't talk to me.
2. Not receiving an RSVP from one said cousin
3. Having to call cousin and make awkward small talk and ask them if they're coming to my wedding.

Next time I'll be seeing most of them will be at a funeral.
Old 28th August 2009, 10:31     #16287
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Getting out of the shower and hearing a meaty roar outside, and assume that there's a nor'wester and the jets are routing over my house again at low altitude, so I don't bother to look out of the window.

And I miss seeing the meteor.

Where's the link?

I got woken up by what I thought was a meteor going overhead and then laughed at myself for being so dramatic.

Figured it must have been a plane going over the city due to a nor'wester

Had visions of deep impact type disaster upon looking out the window but went back to sleep instead
Old 28th August 2009, 10:31     #16288
crocos

Cunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
I hate coffee but I love ccs this ad was pleasant to me.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 28th August 2009, 11:31     #16289
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-b
I bet if I were to go to their house and obtusely try to talk to them about athiesm or agnosticism, there would be a right uproar of protest and anger.
Actually i'm pretty sure you'd be ok to do that. Not that it's any excuse for them to harass you of course.
Old 28th August 2009, 11:38     #16290
StN
I have detailed files

All I could find - may have been a plane after all.

Quote:
Christchurch police receive calls from witnesses to meteor shower in North Canterbury at 6am
28 August 2009
There have been reports of a meteor shower in Canterbury this morning.

A witness says she saw a meteor land near South Eyre Rd in North Canterbury at around 6am.

She initially thought the bright light was a flare but changed her mind when she saw it fall to the ground.

Police have had a number of calls from people reporting meteors or flares out to sea.

© 2009 NZCity, NewsTalkZB
Old 28th August 2009, 11:48     #16291
Disinformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disinformation
Gear grinding:
Still no car after nearly two weeks, damn hard to source parts
Old 28th August 2009, 11:59     #16292
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
1. Being obligated to invite cousins to my wedding that I don't talk to and don't talk to me.
After the wedding will you be door knocking at p-b's house?
Old 28th August 2009, 12:07     #16293
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy bitch
She initially thought the bright light was a flare but changed her mind when she saw it fall to the ground.
Yeah, 'cos flares tend to just keep going up. o.O
Old 28th August 2009, 12:33     #16294
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
After the wedding will you be door knocking at p-b's house?
Hell no!
I didn't even know that 7th day adventists did that. It ain't cool to force views/ideals down other peoples throats
Old 28th August 2009, 12:36     #16295
Cyberbob

Ive had a Palm Treo for about 2 weeks so far, and I still don't know how to turn it off.

The Power button just turns off wireless services and puts it into airplane mode.

Nothing actually turns the fucker off.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:48     #16296
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Ive had a Palm Treo for about 2 weeks so far, and I still don't know how to turn it off.

The Power button just turns off wireless services and puts it into airplane mode.

When you can't turn annoying cellphones off...its

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 28th August 2009, 14:02     #16297
dylan
Huh?

Quote:

Yeah, I think you pretty much have to take the battery out of that fucker to turn it off. I've never found a way either
Old 28th August 2009, 14:04     #16298
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan
Yeah, I think you pretty much have to take the battery out of that fucker to turn it off. I've never found a way either
That was my solution too.
Old 28th August 2009, 14:10     #16299
Maulmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disinformation
Still no car after nearly two weeks, damn hard to source parts
How much was that to fix? I've got damage quite similar to that on my car
Old 28th August 2009, 20:27     #16300
p-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan
Actually i'm pretty sure you'd be ok to do that. Not that it's any excuse for them to harass you of course.
I'm sure I'd be ok to do it legally, I was more thinking of the moral outrage and offense that might ensue...
Old 28th August 2009, 20:33     #16301
p01s0n

Quote:

Apparently if you hold down the end key it turns off the device. what does the manual say to do?
Old 28th August 2009, 20:53     #16302
Cyberbob

Turning your phone off
Press and hold Power .
When your phone is off, the phone-off icon appears at the top of the screen and Phone off appears in the upper-left of the screen.

When you turn off your phone using the Power button, this turns off all radios on your smartphone, which include the phone, the Bluetooth® wireless technology feature, and the Wi-Fi feature. This is sometimes referred to as airplane mode or flight mode.

http://pocketnow.com/thought/why-pal...-dont-turn-off

"If you've owned a Palm Treo device, you know that they don't turn off. Really, they don't. Holding down the power button will just put it into flight mode. To get it to completely shut off, you have to remove the battery. And then if you put the battery back it, it turns itself on! Argh. Why is this? We just got an answer from Mike Akamine, Senior Product Manager at Palm:

In Treo Pro we prioritized function by expected frequency of use. In order of frequency (most to least), we expected customers to use screen on/off, then flight mode, then completely off. We thought completely off is seldom used because there is a lot of value in the PDA functionality of Treo Pro even when the radio is off, and booting the system up from a complete off state takes about 60 seconds. "

Last edited by Cyberbob : 28th August 2009 at 20:57.
Old 29th August 2009, 13:08     #16303
zeekiorage

YUO=LAME

I did something that fits the gear grinder category: For the first time ever I broke a bottle in the supermarket drinks aisle today.

I did try to help with the cleanup and also tried paying for it at the checkout to lessen my guilt but the lady at the checkout said it was ok. She also told me that it wasn't even close to the worst cleanup. Apparently a few times they have had to clean wee off the floor because people couldn't hold on to it any longer.
Old 29th August 2009, 13:45     #16304
BaM
Freeloader

I've broken a few bottles in a supermarket before, but only because some genious stock person decided that a tight corner in the wine section was a great place to stack boxes of wine with the fronts cut off down to the bottom corner - basically the front row of bottles were sitting on a corrugated cardboard shelf. Not my fault, didn't worry about it for more than about 10 seconds.

Mmm... smashy.
Old 29th August 2009, 15:58     #16305
crocos

WGMG: Meant to be playing basketball now.

Instead I get to sit here for the next motherfucking three hours while I manually re-create a series of reporting extracts in sections until I find the bit that failed, fix it, and then go play... Oh wait, they'll have gone by then

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 30th August 2009, 12:04     #16306
Cyberbob

PS3's can't read NTFS external hard drives.. that fucks me off :P
Old 30th August 2009, 12:50     #16307
BaM
Freeloader

NTFS support is pretty hit-and-miss on anything other than Windows.
Old 30th August 2009, 20:55     #16308
Cyberbob

Any suggestions for getting 4gig+ files to work on ps3?
Old 30th August 2009, 23:02     #16309
madmaxii

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2814...-guru-arrested

Quote:
Wenzel had challenged the council's demolition order in the high court, and lost; the judge excused Wenzel from reimbursing the council's legal fees, which amounted to $60,000-$70,000, as Wenzel claimed to not recognise the court's authority and it was unlikely the amount would be paid. Baker said these costs, as well as the $15,000 demolition expenses, had been borne by the ratepayer instead.
Old 30th August 2009, 23:14     #16310
BaM
Freeloader

Quote:
A media server will do large files over the network. I use the linux version of twonky server and have no complain. See if the free trial will do it for you.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:02     #16311
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxii
Fuck that dude sounds like an utter cunt!
Old 31st August 2009, 10:11     #16312
SickBo@Work

Video of the 'cunt' in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Ug3...eature=related
Old 31st August 2009, 10:58     #16313
Disinformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulmonk
How much was that to fix? I've got damage quite similar to that on my car
I don't know insurance is covering it. Will ask when its all done.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:12     #16314
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Trying to play that 30GB Justin Timberlake concert?
Old 31st August 2009, 11:53     #16315
Biff

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxii
I thought I was reading theonion.com -mind boggles-
Old 31st August 2009, 12:13     #16316
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickBo@Work
I just watched the 3 parts to that. Those cops were pretty tolerant. I wouldn't be able to just stand there and listen to that bs.
CHIK CHIK BOOM
Old 31st August 2009, 12:30     #16317
?>Superman

Fuck yeah, that video was horrible to watch. Incredible the cops put up with their shit for so long.

That bald fucker was just begging for a taser in the crotch.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:36     #16318
Helious

halfway through the second one, i love it how the camera man starts crying.. lol, this is a joke, he literally throws a tantrum hahahaha
Old 31st August 2009, 12:36     #16319
xor

Nothing more lol than a so called Maori with an Australian accent and also being whiter than me
1/32 bru
Old 31st August 2009, 12:57     #16320
Nightcrawler

Final year project at AUT (compsci)

We're about 2 months from the end of the project, and AUT has cut internet access to our project servers. We need the access so our servers can log and track hacker attempts etc (which our project is all about)
Our client and supervisor (both AUT staff) are apparently fed up with our lack of progress (uhh.. we were fine until AUT cut the access for no reason), and are now refusing to meet with my group. How the fuck is that the guidance and advice that tutors/staff are meant to offer students, especially in a final year project?