Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Technology & Troubleshooting
User Name
Password

Old 29th December 2005, 18:56     #121
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
In terms of voice, I can hear the "noise" at that frequency, I just can't understand the words. In laymans terms.
You mean the whole world sounds like Charlie Brown's Mum/Teacher?
Old 29th December 2005, 22:05     #122
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
What if I speak really loudly?
Not sure if you're mocking me or not, but no, doesn't help that much.

Trigger, I've got a 80GB HDD full of music, so its not really a big problem.

DrT - yes. lol.
Old 20th March 2006, 18:16     #123
[BT]Monza

I've had my Sony white MDREX71SLW's for about 6 months or so now, use them everyday and fairly careful with them but the rubber cords from the split to the ear buds is definitely started to desintergrate. The rubber feels really soft and squishy, I'm sure they weren't like that when I got them. There are now two holes where the inside wires are exposed. I have long lost the receipt so just going to do maori job with white duct tape.

Super annoying because the sound of these headphones is awesome and I can wear them for hours and completely forget I am wearing them. Combined with the way too short/too long cable thing (I use the plastic case thing but is bulky and looks dumb) I can't really recomend them. Went to sony.co.nz to see if a new model has been released but nothing yet. Maybe the 70s aren't made of the same shite rubber?
Old 20th March 2006, 18:37     #124
xin

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BT]Monza
I've had my Sony white MDREX71SLW's for about 6 months or so now, use them everyday and fairly careful with them but the rubber cords from the split to the ear buds is definitely started to desintergrate. The rubber feels really soft and squishy, I'm sure they weren't like that when I got them. There are now two holes where the inside wires are exposed. I have long lost the receipt so just going to do maori job with white duct tape.

Super annoying because the sound of these headphones is awesome and I can wear them for hours and completely forget I am wearing them. Combined with the way too short/too long cable thing (I use the plastic case thing but is bulky and looks dumb) I can't really recomend them. Went to sony.co.nz to see if a new model has been released but nothing yet. Maybe the 70s aren't made of the same shite rubber?
Get heatshink tubing, it'll look better.

Also check out the low-end shure IEMs.
Old 20th March 2006, 19:13     #125
farns

There some new Sennheiser ear buds out, called CX300 I think, computerlounge sell them for $79, according to headfi-org (best headphone site on net arguably) they sound better than the Sonys and comfier too

For open-ear I heard Senn hd555s are good bang 4 buck at round $170, or Grado sr80s, Im after some quality closed-ear cans tho which r hard to find, looks like Ill have to fork out for the $280 Senn hd280s
Old 20th March 2006, 19:17     #126
Jonas Undrawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
Did I mention you're short, bald and fat?
Snakes On A Plane...
Old 20th March 2006, 19:18     #127
[BT]Monza

Quote:
Originally Posted by farns
There some new Sennheiser ear buds out, called CX300 I think, computerlounge sell them for $79, according to headfi-org (best headphone site on net arguably) they sound better than the Sonys and comfier too
Cheers, will do some more research but definite contender for replacement when these sony's ones give out.

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/comp...sp?partid=3070

Last edited by [BT]Monza : 20th March 2006 at 19:20.
Old 20th March 2006, 21:20     #128
-Dr.J-

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BT]Monza

Exactly the same thing happened to me, I thought it musta been me or the sun or something.. I might get them to replace it now. Bastards. :P

They are pretty good tho.
Old 21st March 2006, 01:44     #129
[BT]Monza

I'm Sold!

Sony EX71 vs Senn CX300 personal review
Old 21st March 2006, 16:25     #130
BaM
Freeloader

Well my EX70s have no sign of squishy rubber at all, but they have developed a cable fault near the stereo jack after years of abuse, so I've ordered some CX300s.
Old 22nd March 2006, 11:56     #131
chiQ
Frag-muff

And they own the Sony in-ear buds. The loudness and the bass is stunning - I've had to turn down my windows volume using BaM's new Senn's, which I have maxed out with my Sonys and my HD200s. They're bloody brilliant
Old 22nd March 2006, 12:06     #132
[BT]Monza

Mine should turn up today sometime....
Old 22nd March 2006, 12:25     #133
[BT]Monza

Exclamation

These things rock!
Old 22nd March 2006, 15:20     #134
BaM
Freeloader

I have to wait until 6pm to check mine out.
Old 22nd March 2006, 17:43     #135
-Dr.J-

Where in Auckland city, can I just walk in and buy a pair of the Senny's.
Old 22nd March 2006, 17:45     #136
[BT]Monza

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/main/about.asp
Old 21st June 2006, 08:02     #137
Kryten

Y'all are still happy with your CX300's? I'm no audiophile but I've had enough of my PSP being drowned out by train noise.
Old 21st June 2006, 08:47     #138
[BT]Monza

VERY happy with them. Use them everyday for 40 min walk to work, completely drowns out buses and trucks etc.
Old 21st June 2006, 10:09     #139
Kryten

Good enough for me, ordered.
Old 21st June 2006, 17:38     #140
Dwight

The Shure sound isolating earphone range is top notch.
It's worth the extra money if you're really into your music.
E3c are the best value in my opinion.

http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P...ries/index.htm
Old 22nd June 2006, 11:43     #141
Kryten

I'm impressed - I don't have much to compare the ear buds with because I've never had any like this before, but they're a massive upgrade over the PSP headphones and if it wasn't for the shitty sound card in this PC I'd be able to give them a decent work out. I love the noise reduction you get from putting them in, let alone the quality of the sound coming back out.

And Computer Lounge are great, certainly no complain of product dealing with these guys.
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:27     #142
Lightspeed

Cunning

Phase wave noise cancellation. It's just cooler.
Old 28th July 2006, 12:42     #143
Heresy
yawn.

Sennheiser CX300 > Sony IEMs, any sort (EX-71s, EX-81s). In every way, shape and form.

If you're still using EX-71s, it's time for an upgrade. Only complaint is now my IEMs are vastly superior to my closed cans (HD202s), so I feel like I have to upgrade those now. :>
Old 28th July 2006, 12:46     #144
Wally Simmonds

Can anyone reccomend any headphones for running? I used to have the EX71's but they kept falling out whilst at the gym.
Old 28th July 2006, 12:53     #145
Heresy
yawn.

the CX300s are supremely better audio quality, and importantly for running, are a lot lighter than the EX71s (the cable and also the driver).

$79 from computerlounge.co.nz
Old 28th July 2006, 16:54     #146
Kryten

Since buying mine I've managed to sell another 4 people the CX300's via Computer Lounge - everyone is as rapt with them as I am!
Old 28th July 2006, 18:06     #147
Shazam

Yes. I too, love my CX300's :>

CX300's + Computerlounge.co.nz = win
Old 5th August 2006, 15:06     #148
Toksin

Anyone have an opinion on Sennheiser HD201's? Looking to spend about $60-100 and buying locally (Chch), not online.
Old 5th August 2006, 16:09     #149
Axident

Has anyone tried a set of bluetooth headphones (not a headset or earpiece) that have controls, that sound good, look good and work well? I've seen a few options, but they tend to be very ugly and bulky or else cheap open headphone designs that sound like crap after you've used the in-canal types. Do any decent ones exist yet?
Old 5th August 2006, 17:41     #150
xin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axident
Has anyone tried a set of bluetooth headphones (not a headset or earpiece) that have controls, that sound good, look good and work well? I've seen a few options, but they tend to be very ugly and bulky or else cheap open headphone designs that sound like crap after you've used the in-canal types. Do any decent ones exist yet?
If i recall, Bluetooth doesn't have the capacity to handle the fuller sound spectrum.

But I could be wrong.
Old 5th August 2006, 18:04     #151
BaM
Freeloader

I'm sure you can run compressed audio over a BT connection. 192 MP3 should sound just fine.
Old 1st October 2006, 21:13     #152
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight
E3c are the best value in my opinion.
I've had some for a couple of months and they shure are good (stunning really). I've found the foam rubber sleeves work the best in terms of comfort and sound isolation for me.

Apparently the warranty improves with the E4s - something like you can get a new pair for $50USD outside of the warranty period? If true, and had I known this, it would probably made better long term sense to buy these slightly dearer ones and get a new pair every couple of years etc.

Of course, I can always give the 3s to the wife and get 4s for myself...

I came close to trying some E500s in LAX a few weeks ago. But, on reflection I didn't because I knew I would like them and have to buy them!
Old 5th October 2006, 22:50     #153
Lightspeed

I'm still in love with my Quiet Comfort 2 headphones. Even if I couldn't say that they use phase wave noise cancellation, they'd still be awesome.

Not so good for your casual stroll or anything like that though, I'll admit.
Old 6th October 2006, 21:30     #154
cryocore

I STILL love my Koss Portapros. Great Sound massive bass, and a life time warranty. Pay $150(ish) and never worry about buying another pair of portables ever again.
Old 6th October 2006, 22:31     #155
BadNova

sennheiser HD555s, no complain of product
Old 7th October 2006, 08:11     #156
xin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryocore
I STILL love my Koss Portapros. Great Sound massive bass, and a life time warranty. Pay $150(ish) and never worry about buying another pair of portables ever again.
And they look awseome too :>
Old 7th October 2006, 23:44     #157
cryocore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xin
And they look awseome too :>
I love the retro look of them too. And I have to say i perfer them over all the seinheiser PX series phones, they sound about the same (a bit more resposive for the Koss), but the Koss are the win for long term wearability.
Old 8th October 2006, 13:47     #158
silva^

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryocore
Hope they don't have the same problem as my Koss PRO3AA's, which have snapped in the exact same place 4 times in 2 years I've owned them. Theres a reason why koss have a lifetime warranty, cos they make shoddy quality phones. I mean the hinge joining the headphone to the earpiece is a piece of plastic about 2 millimetres wide, what the fuck did they expect to happen, and the shape of the phones actually require you to put a fair amount of pressure on the hinge to even get them on your head, its ridiculous. I'm about to get them repaired for the last time and then sell the fucking things. Don't get me wrong they sound awesome but its not worth the hassle.
Old 13th October 2006, 12:08     #159
Clay

Dredge as I need to find some decent headphones that are small yet offer good sound quality.

I've tried the InEar things and simply put my right ear canal entrance is too small for even the smallest fitting, I've also tried the headsets that wrap around the ear but my ears are too small and they fall off.

so I'm after some good headphone recommendations classic style that sit over your head!

Requirements - compact, lightweight,good sound level (I'm a little hard of hearing). Mainly used for listening to tunes while wandering about, on the bus, at work.

Any suggestions
Old 14th October 2006, 21:04     #160
GorGasm

My GF picked up a set of the CX300 senns today and im pinching a listen now while she's asleep. Im definately getting a set next week, well worth the $80 as the qualilty is awesome. Excellent full bass and perfect treble levels. I could easily listen to them for hours.