NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 18th November 2011, 13:54     #161
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

From the latest Council of Trade Unions campaign.

I trust we can all put 1 and 1 and 1 together.
Old 18th November 2011, 13:58     #162
GM

That advertising is more often than not targeted to demographics where the message is more relevant?
Old 18th November 2011, 14:04     #163
CCS
Stunt Pants

I'd rather those people didn't vote.

"Aw John Keys is a DICk eh bru! Not fukken voting for him, gonna vote for HONE!"
Old 18th November 2011, 14:07     #164
BoyWonder

Hey John Key, Monique thinks you're a dick...
Old 18th November 2011, 14:11     #165
Farmer Joe
Word To Your Motherboard!

Some good questions and answers on the radionz site: http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/election-2011/policies. Well they would be interesting if National hadn't refused to answer ALL the questions. What dicks.
Old 18th November 2011, 14:26     #166
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Dah de dah, personality voting!
Old 18th November 2011, 14:30     #167
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
It's far better to lock them up than to run a social experiment of allowing these people to cause harm within the community. And why? Because the experiment has been run before and it is known what the outcome will be and the better outcome is exclusion.
Quote:
In 1987, Gendreau and Ross published a survey of over 200 studies on rehabilitation conducted from 1981-1987, many of which used mathematical methodology not available to the earlier researchers. Gendreau and Ross concluded:
“Our reviews of the research literature demonstrated that successful rehabilitation of offenders had been accomplished, and continued to be accomplished quite well. … Reductions in recidivism, sometimes as substantial as 80 percent, had been achieved in a considerable number of well-controlled studies. Effective programs were conducted in a variety of community and (to a lesser degree) institutional settings, involving pre- delinquents, hard-core adolescent offenders, and recidivistic adult offenders, including criminal heroin addicts. The results of these programs were not short-lived; follow-up periods of at least two years were not uncommon, and several studies reported even longer follow-ups.” (Gendreau and Ross 1987).
But why lower the crime rate when we can invest in prisons now right? We shouldn't look at criminals as people to be rehabilitated, we should look at them as resources to be exploited for profit.
Old 18th November 2011, 14:32     #168
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS

"Aw John Keys is a DICk eh bru! Not fukken voting for him, gonna vote for HONE!"
Wouldn't that just serve to cancel out the "Oh that Mr Key is such a nice man" vote? If we're talking about dropping voters who vote for stupid reasons...
Old 18th November 2011, 14:42     #169
CCS
Stunt Pants

I'd like to cancel out your vote!
Old 18th November 2011, 18:45     #170
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS

Well, if you're going to remove Mana voters, it's only fair we also remove ACT voters. Maybe have another tea party in Newmarket? That seemed to do the trick last time.

Personally, I'd vote Mana if it meant John Minto got into Parliament, just to watch Cameron Slater's head explode.
Old 18th November 2011, 20:19     #171
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat
But why lower the crime rate when we can invest in prisons now right? We shouldn't look at criminals as people to be rehabilitated, we should look at them as resources to be exploited for profit.
More abortions will lower the crime rate - it takes ten years to start to have an effect. In the interim lock up the criminals.
Old 18th November 2011, 22:19     #172
ilk

Isn't it more cost effective just to put a bullet in them?
Old 18th November 2011, 22:26     #173
chubby

the optimal gt result is not necessarily a cost "effective" one.
Old 19th November 2011, 13:28     #174
doppelgänger of someone

muh More fun with ads!

Council of Trade Union Facebook ad:

So... if we vote for CTU i.e. Labour, we are keeping CTU rich and us poor? OK GOT IT!
Old 19th November 2011, 15:06     #175
CCS
Stunt Pants

Lols, sarcasm fail.
Old 21st November 2011, 09:14     #176
CCS
Stunt Pants

Nice. Yeah. Real nice.
Old 21st November 2011, 09:39     #177
pxpx

Under National, you will die before your babys first birthday!!!!

Actually, what we meant was you'll be at work on the day that your child turns 1.
Old 21st November 2011, 09:45     #178
CCS
Stunt Pants

'Cos National will either kill you or stop you taking a day off on your kid's birthday!
Old 21st November 2011, 10:46     #179
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Is that actually authorised by Labour or some underhanded way to make them look like cunts? Surely even Labour aren't that retarded. Surely...
Old 21st November 2011, 10:55     #180
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yes. Or at least, it has an authorisation statement bearing the name of the Labour party secretary.

Old 21st November 2011, 11:08     #181
[WanG] Wandarah

Classy.

Wonder if ACT is going to send around a couple of unemployed Maori youths to beat the shit out of you, steal your wallet, and stamp 'Authorised by The Don' on your forehead with their steel-caps.
Old 21st November 2011, 11:42     #182
CCS
Stunt Pants

Old 21st November 2011, 11:46     #183
Spink

BUT THE THUMB IS ON UP
Old 21st November 2011, 12:09     #184
CCS
Stunt Pants

facepalm

GODDAMN SPERG
Old 21st November 2011, 12:11     #185
TD
Anas Latrina

That is the thumb of overseas investors buying our television. Clare Curran will put a stop to that thumb.

OWN NEW ZEALAND telly
Old 21st November 2011, 12:28     #186
CCS
Stunt Pants

That is the thumb of Clare Curran showing her finger is on the pulse.
Old 21st November 2011, 12:30     #187
BoyWonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
BUT THE THUMB IS ON UP
Maybe the remote is around the wrong way.
Old 21st November 2011, 13:49     #188
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
BUT THE THUMB IS ON UP
Errr, no it's not.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:12     #189
CCS
Stunt Pants

I changed the picture. HA HA HA!
Old 21st November 2011, 15:29     #190
BoyWonder

Another case of Labour preaching to the converted, but with added own-goal.

Now there are beneficiaries creeped out by Labour's use of information to personally address these flyers.
Old 21st November 2011, 16:03     #191
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS

Nice. Yeah. Real nice.
That's, ahhh... pretty fucking dodgy.
Old 21st November 2011, 16:12     #192
CCS
Stunt Pants

Not to mention very very desperate. Grant Robertson seems to think it's alright though.
Quote:
Labour campaign spokesman Grant Robertson said the letter was supposed to be hard-hitting in response to a hard-hitting policy.

"The only thing that's threatening here is the policy itself. It will force woman back out to work. We believe it's a very negative policy," he said.

Using the electoral roll to search for occupation and gender, Labour had sent the flyers to female beneficiaries, he said.
Oh cool. Yeah. The end justifies the means, really. I mean, I the policy does. The policy justifies the targeted mailing with threatening language.
Old 21st November 2011, 16:20     #193
CCS
Stunt Pants

UNDER NATIONAL, YOUR DOG WON'T BE AROUND

Old 21st November 2011, 17:07     #194
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Old 21st November 2011, 17:18     #195
Evoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
That's, ahhh... pretty fucking dodgy.
not to mention misinformed?

national policy says "Those receiving Sole Parent Support will be expected to look for part-time work when their child is five years old and full-time when their child reaches the age of 14."

where does it say anything about 1 year olds??
Old 21st November 2011, 17:37     #196
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoke
not to mention misinformed?

national policy says "Those receiving Sole Parent Support will be expected to look for part-time work when their child is five years old and full-time when their child reaches the age of 14."

where does it say anything about 1 year olds??
From memory the "1 year old" part comes into play if said parent is already on a benefit for having children at the time of the next child's arrival*. From my perspective it looks to be an attempt to curb the potential "have another child to stay on the benefit for another 14 years" scenario.

*I stand to be corrected on the details.
Old 21st November 2011, 23:11     #197
CCS
Stunt Pants

UNDER NATIONAL
JOHN KEY WILL
PUT HIS FINGER
IN YOUR
BOTTOM
Old 22nd November 2011, 08:43     #198
pxpx

^ Voted!
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:28     #199
cyc
Objection!

Useless left shits post anonymous, illegal anti-National leaflets

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10767838

This sort of rubbish, combined with the stunt of the Greens in defacing the billboards, makes the choice rather clear this election: vote left and support blatant lawlessness and get a dose of their rabid supporters for enjoyment also.

I won't be abstaining in the upcoming elections any more.
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:38     #200
Baxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10767838

I won't be abstaining in the upcoming elections any more.
I was also considering abstaing until now.