Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 22nd January 2008, 13:17     #1601
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
who the fuck approaches a roundabout at 100kmph?
When I used to have my supercharged Corolla I used to go through a couple of roundabouts where I live at 100k

It's not something I'd do now, or something I'm proud of to be honest, but when I was 18 and had 12psi under my foot in a FWD, it was lots and lots of fun.
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:26     #1602
Delphinus

People who put the toilet paper on round the wrong way.
Whats the point of having it out the back hard to find when you can have it coming over the top and out the front, easy to grab and tear, for fast TP action..... ok maybe not the last bit.
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:41     #1603
TnT

Upside down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
who the fuck approaches a roundabout at 100kmph?
Only a complete fucking muppet... Oh hi Helious-
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:46     #1604
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
Only a complete fucking muppet... Oh hi Helious-
Hey, don't mind me. I'm one of the biggest fuck ups I know.

Still, I get slightly better each year. By the time I'm about 30(the new 20), I should be maturing nicely.
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:46     #1605
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus
People who put the toilet paper on round the wrong way.
Whats the point of having it out the back hard to find when you can have it coming over the top and out the front, easy to grab and tear, for fast TP action..... ok maybe not the last bit.

Thank christ someone else has this peeve. Im so anal (ha! see what i did there) about this I will turn the roll around 95% of the time, even in a random mates house.
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:48     #1606
Helious

^^^ same peeve with me

What about people that leave the empty roll in the bathroom/toilet, even worse when there's more than one. Useless cunts.

I've been known to bin empty rolls at other peoples houses and make a point of it, regardless of who's around at the time.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:05     #1607
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
Thank christ someone else has this peeve. Im so anal (ha! see what i did there) about this I will turn the roll around 95% of the time, even in a random mates house.
Glad I'm not the only person who switches around other people's loo rolls.

My new pet peeve, though, is Facebook. I mean seriously, it's just sucking away my time.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:09     #1608
flic
Dee Hast Mish

yes, the multiple empty toilet rolls on the toilet floor always indicate to me that it's been awhile since the toilet was cleaned.

Dirty toilets are one thing, but trying to wash your hands in a dirty sink with a hand towel that could have been there since they moved in, is just gross.

Pet Peeve, dirty toilet/bathrooms.

And people wonder why they're always getting sick.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:13     #1609
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
I've been known to bin empty rolls at other peoples houses and make a point of it, regardless of who's around at the time.
I had my own toilet in an old flat - I never threw out the empty rolls - I had a tube stack going all the way to the ceiling .... until my flatmate's mother did some spring cleaning and threw them out THAT ground my gears.
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:51     #1610
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsh
Fucking useless TV weather reporting. What the fuck do I care about today's weather which is past and anything in the future outside of Auckland? FFS it should "weather for Auckland tomorrow will be mostly fine and the next 5 day forecast for Auckland will be...", then do the rest of the country.. so I can switch.
LOL at hsh for sitting through the weather forecast on TV when I just click on my bookmark for this page: http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/...alias=auckland
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:52     #1611
Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
Yup same here, get half way thru and think fuck this, turn it round... ahh thats better.
Do other people just not think logically or what?
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:01     #1612
Jodi

You cannot delete your profile off facebook! Welcome to hotel california!

DON'T GO ON TO FACEBOOK!

I spose instead of deleting meself, I would have to change all my personal details and photos, get random friends, and get my mates to drop me.

*sigh*
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:07     #1613
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

^^ you only just learning this?

Current gear grinder: animated .gifs in POTD thread designed to induce a seizure
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:30     #1614
GRiM ReeFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
Get the fuck off the roads.

If you cant understand some really fucking easy rules, and cant manage to flick down/up a fucking stalk within fingers reach of the steering wheel, then how the fuck can you be expected to guide 1.3tonnes at 100km/h.
when approaching a round about you give way, unless someone is indicating to get off, so by default you give way. simple....
ie you might want to brush up on the new rules.
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:50     #1615
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiM ReeFer
when approaching a round about you give way, unless someone is indicating to get off, so by default you give way. simple....
ie you might want to brush up on the new rules.
ok but what about in these situations.

also nice image leeching, jerkbag. my taxes better not go up cause nzgames raped the governments cabal-enforced datacap.
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:59     #1616
Rangoon Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus
Guess thats 0.5seconds of your life you'll never get back?

Easy, just give it a flick as you become level with the intersection on your left (but far enough forward that its obvious you're not going in there) then the dude straight ahead and to your right a bit knows where you're going.
I have seen at least 4 cops not indicate out of round-abouts over the last week.

I hate it when I've been waiting for traffic to go through an intersection for ages, then some cunt turns left without indicating ... I could have fucken gone you cunt, but no, I'll just hold up the traffic behind me some more.

Cunts who use a left turning only lane to go straight through nearly ramming me and then beep at me also fuck me off.
Old 22nd January 2008, 20:10     #1617
BaM
Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangoon Attack
I have seen at least 4 cops not indicate out of round-abouts over the last week.
That's nothing. We were nearly collected by a Police wagon at the Pauatahanui roundabout coming from the Hutt (left lane goes straight, right lane goes right), when the dickhole in the left lane cut over into the right lane while we were in it, and then crossed back into the left again, simply to take the curve out of the corner.

I called *555 and they gave me the brush off.

Cops that drive dangerously and don't give a fuck grind my gears.
Old 22nd January 2008, 20:32     #1618
GRiM ReeFer

Quote:
ok but what about in these situations.

also nice image leeching, jerkbag. my taxes better not go up cause nzgames raped the governments cabal-enforced datacap.
Ok this is why I think you are silly for getting bent out of shape over people not indicating when entering an intersection. You are unsafe because you make assumptions, then get angry when your assumptions place you in danger.

In the above picture where are you for you to become angry? waiting to get on the round about after these two cars are already on it? is that correct?

So wait for the driver of the blue and red car to positively and consiously indicate they are leaving the round about, otherwise you never can tell if they are going straight through or have forgotten to indicate, that is the safe and defensive thing to do, wether you have the legal right to enter the roundabout (if you're entering from the opposite and they didn't indicate to go right) wether you have the law on your side you should still be watching and not anticipating, there are a lot of bad drivers out there, you need to make allowances for them , it's just another road condition, deal with it in a calm and accepting way, otherwise your will be Mr road rage/heart attack having a shit day, mellow out and play it safe.

Now see how that was completely different to what you thought I was meaning, wasn't it, you made an assumption then got angry and nasty, chill man.
Old 22nd January 2008, 20:56     #1619
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi
You cannot delete your profile off facebook!
apparently you can
Old 22nd January 2008, 21:02     #1620
p01s0n

ok say im sitting where the blue car EXITS.

if the blue car DOES NOT indicate to exit, i will usually say nothing at all, or a quick 'fuckstain' to my partner (it baffles both of us how something thats really easy in principle can fly over so many peoples heads). im not getting my tittys in a twist, im just amazed you are defending people in this situation.

Also i didnt make any assumptions, you did. I stated that it annoys me when people fail to indicate onto a roundabout, as well as exiting a roundabout (one of which is required by law in ALL situations). By bringing up the one situation you dont need to indicate onto a roundabout, makes you a bit of a muppet in my eyes.

I never enter an intersection, roundabout, what have you untill i KNOW it is safe. I drive a series 7 RX7, my dream car, im up to my eyeballs in debt on it (thats irrelevant so dont bring it up). The last thing i want to do, is something stupid and simple to wreck it. So, as a result im very cautious and safe on the roads. yeah ive had a shady past on the road, but im done with that shit - especially when my partner is in the car with me.

I take a lot of pride in how I drive on the roads, and it really really gets to me that all my work can go to waste because some idiot cant knock a stalk with thier finger. It really shows a lack of respect for the road code, and a complete lack of responsibility.
If the law is on my side or not, in any situation, it doesnt matter to me if such an event causes harm to my car or my loved ones.

edit: just to add, i can get all riled up over this matter on an internet message board in a thread about things that annoy you, OR i can get all riled up over it in the drivers seat. which would you rather?

Last edited by p01s0n : 22nd January 2008 at 21:04.
Old 22nd January 2008, 21:19     #1621
TheBender

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiM ReeFer
This law grinds my gears - because one old 106 year old was run over about 480,000 years ago, we get this.

All it is nowadays is a rule/law that, if Mr Plod wants to have a go, he can pull this one out of the bag - otherwise, an ignored infraction by all here in Wlg/Lower Hutt (incl the Cops)

But what really gets me going is arse-hats who park with the nose of their car in their driveway with the back-end covering the pavement, forcing me (and more of any issue my kids) onto the road to get past their POS 1752 Lancer with an expired warrant/rego. Sooooooooo tempted to key/let down tyres/break tail lights.

All this when their is plenty of kerbside parks right in front of their house. - F'kers.
Old 22nd January 2008, 21:36     #1622
Gentl e

Quote:
Also i didnt make any assumptions, you did. I stated that it annoys me when people fail to indicate onto a roundabout, as well as exiting a roundabout (one of which is required by law in ALL situations).
Except when you're going straight through?
Old 22nd January 2008, 21:50     #1623
p01s0n

you're an idiot. re read what i said.

"fail to indicate onto a roundabout, as well as exiting a roundabout (one of which is required by law in ALL situations)."

please explain to me, the situation where you are not required by law to indicate off the roundabout.
Old 22nd January 2008, 22:05     #1624
doppelgänger of someone

like me

There are some er... 'interesting' characters on the NZGAMES group on facebook
Old 22nd January 2008, 22:21     #1625
Gentl e

Quote:
you're an idiot. re read what i said.

"fail to indicate onto a roundabout, as well as exiting a roundabout (one of which is required by law in ALL situations)."

please explain to me, the situation where you are not required by law to indicate off the roundabout.
Wasn't arguing about the off part, though I'm pretty sure you don't have to indicate onto a roundabout in all situations.
Old 22nd January 2008, 22:23     #1626
CCS
Stunt Pants

Why wouldn't you? Apart from, as mentioned before, going straight ahead when you only indicate when exiting.
Old 22nd January 2008, 22:32     #1627
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentl e
Wasn't arguing about the off part, though I'm pretty sure you don't have to indicate onto a roundabout in all situations.
If you're going left at a roundabout you indicate left approaching(and going through) it.

If you're going straight, you indicate left after you've passed the left turn off and get off.

If you're going right, you indicate right through the roundabout then left to get off.

If you're going full circle to go the same way you came, you indicate right all the way around, then left when you get off.

How is this difficult?
Old 22nd January 2008, 22:34     #1628
hsh

if you go straight you don't indicate until you exit. All exits require indicating.

edit.. what he said.

Last edited by hsh : 22nd January 2008 at 22:35.
Old 22nd January 2008, 22:35     #1629
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsh
if you go straight you don't indicate until you exit. All exits require indicating.
uhm, wasn't that what CCS said?
Old 22nd January 2008, 22:35     #1630
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
apparently you can
Lol thanks for posting that, gave me a laugh. I'm sure I won't be laughing when it's me having a spaz at Lucy for not deleting my damned account!
Old 22nd January 2008, 22:36     #1631
p01s0n

motherfuckers, try an step to me an H-bomb helious on tha topic of roundabouts and y'all better believe we gon get
Old 23rd January 2008, 00:14     #1632
Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentl e
Whats wrong with common courtesy, informing other road users what you're doing.

PS moon looks great tonight
Old 23rd January 2008, 00:21     #1633
BadNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
If you're going left at a roundabout you indicate left approaching(and going through) it.

If you're going straight, you indicate left after you've passed the left turn off and get off.

If you're going right, you indicate right through the roundabout then left to get off.

If you're going full circle to go the same way you came, you indicate right all the way around, then left when you get off.

How is this difficult?
My favourites are the people who are going straight through a roundabout in the opposite direction to me but feel the need to indicate right as they are coming onto the roundabout, only to flick over to the left indicator and zoom on off after making me come to an unnecessary stop because I think they're going to turn across in front of me.
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:29     #1634
Matt0r

cleaners taking my water bottle
if it's not in the bin, it's not for you to take, fuckers!
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:03     #1635
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0r
cleaners taking my water bottle
if it's not in the bin, it's not for you to take, fuckers!
Used to happen at my last place of employment. Eventually there was a memo that said something along the lines of "The cleaners have been instructed to throw away all water bottles, if you don't want this to happen, lock it away in your drawer".

Definitely fucked me off for the first wee while.
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:25     #1636
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by helious
If you're going straight, you indicate left after you've passed the left turn off and get off
ok - so if the red car is not indicating left at the give way - then it can only be going one possible direction (straight though) - so why does it need to indicate coming off? it seems redundant to me.
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:13     #1637
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I have always thought of indication on a roundabout as a courtesy to the drivers waiting at the next point around the circle. The sooner they know what you intend to do, the sooner they can enter the roundabout.

Nothing fucks me off more than a tentative driver who is afraid to enter a roundabout.

So basically I'm saying I indicate diligently in order to prevent getting fucked off.
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:49     #1638
CCS
Stunt Pants

fixed_truth, please see post #1535802 for the answer to your question. It is most correct.
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:05     #1639
FireStorm
Holmium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I have always thought of indication on a roundabout as a courtesy to the drivers waiting at the next point around the circle. The sooner they know what you intend to do, the sooner they can enter the roundabout.

Nothing fucks me off more than a tentative driver who is afraid to enter a roundabout.

So basically I'm saying I indicate diligently in order to prevent getting fucked off.
Exactly! The purpose of indicating is to let others around you know, what you are doing.
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:53     #1640
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth

ok - so if the red car is not indicating left at the give way - then it can only be going one possible direction (straight though) - so why does it need to indicate coming off? it seems redundant to me.
You're aware that those gold stars mean "This is where and when you indicate".

While it may seem redundant, I just do what the law states and it takes no extra effort from me to do so. It's very much a subconscious act at this point in my life.