NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 20th December 2013, 19:16     #2361
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I just went back to read the rest of what I posted and holy shit, I told a leftie brown female academic that she's complicit in linguistic colonialism and is an active participant in a patriarchal power structure that defines irrationality as Other.

I should have posted a falcon punch gif.
Old 20th December 2013, 20:35     #2362
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

That was most entertaining

Keep up the drunken ranting I say.
Old 20th December 2013, 20:51     #2363
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I’m a self-actualised operating thetan
I pretty much lost it there. Scientology is the new Godwin!
Old 20th December 2013, 21:19     #2364
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

"I don't have a drinking problem, I have a drinking and trolling problem."

I blame Pimp-X
Old 22nd December 2013, 22:05     #2365
IoriDyson

i have to bow my head to that fine read. even if i don't agree with you politics.
Old 10th January 2014, 13:33     #2366
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Labour's new election strategy: pray for economic collapse

http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2014/01/10...-not-hope-for/
Old 10th January 2014, 16:41     #2367
fixed_truth

lol, yeah it would probably be better for them to campaign on things like housing affordability, job creation, electricity prices, child poverty and the wage gap; i.e, whether or not growth benefits will actually be distributed to ordinary citizens.

Quote:
Various economists have been predicting a huge economic boom ever since Key et al got elected, so next year could be the stopped-clock moment when they’re actually right. So: will our economy grow? And, if so, will the benefits of the growth be distributed and pay off for National during the election? Or are all the dire-warnings from left-wing politicians about structural inequality in the economy accurate? If so then economic growth will simply lead to higher interest rates with wage-stagnation, which will hurt National.
http://dimpost.wordpress.com/2013/12...nties-of-2014/
Old 10th January 2014, 17:21     #2368
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

If the economy is going well, if unemployment is down, if crime is down, if confidence is up, voters won't vote for change. Something has to go terribly wrong for Labour to have a chance because Labour has convince National voters to vote differently.
Old 10th January 2014, 18:19     #2369
fixed_truth

Yep quite a few ifs. Should be an interesting and entertaining year in politics!
Old 10th January 2014, 21:47     #2370
aR Que

Hey, what can i say, you give me back the 90mil they took from northland roads and i'll be a happy nigger.
Old 10th January 2014, 22:54     #2371
Lightspeed

How are Northland Roads these days? You got some awesome windy roads to take care of in the hills outside Whangarei. Going around some of those turns in a MkII Cortina... cripes.
Old 14th January 2014, 15:27     #2372
aR Que

oh man, oh man. Something like 90 odd kms needs to be replaced every year to keep up with the service life of a pavement, 25 years, right. Problem being, is there is only enough $$ to repalce something like 18km a year... and the pavements are only lasting about 13 years (i have various opinions on this). So really we need to be smashing back 180 odd to keep the roads @ the required level of service which everyone knows and loves.

Things turn real bad in 5-10 years time when the pavements go from having a low level of service to not being able to serve, once a certain threshold is hit, the orginal road (layers and layers of old pavement) is contiminated and extensive removal and replacement ops are required.

and today, on a big high profile job, i hit a pocket of fucking marine clay. Profit. Gone burger.

Last edited by aR Que : 14th January 2014 at 15:29.
Old 14th January 2014, 17:23     #2373
StN
I have detailed files

Roads? We dream of driving on a road...
Old 14th January 2014, 19:24     #2374
aR Que

Give me back my $$! or just stop paying consultants and i'll send you a crew.

...no, really, get rid of the consultants.
As we say in construction: dollars paid is pavement laid.
Old 14th January 2014, 19:47     #2375
CCS
Stunt Pants

Hahahahahahahah! My brother is a consultant. CLIP THAT TICKET, MOTHERFUCKER!
Old 14th January 2014, 20:25     #2376
aR Que

tbh, i miss the gig. its the life.

Drop a level, bro.

Last edited by aR Que : 14th January 2014 at 20:27.
Old 15th January 2014, 12:12     #2377
Lightspeed

I will go out on a limb and predict the Internet Party will flop.
Old 15th January 2014, 12:26     #2378
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

It doesn't have to succeed to have an impact, it just has to suck up a few supporters in election year.

One presumes, being launched by Kim Dotcom, that it will be a "fuck John Key / the government / big business / ties to the USA" party.

So right now I'm guessing Labour and the Greens are trying to work out a way of killing this party as quickly as possible.
Old 15th January 2014, 12:37     #2379
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I will go out on a limb and predict the Internet Party will flop.
its on a fucking monday night? bleh. isnt this guy supposed to be rich or something? cant he do it on an actual party night?
Old 15th January 2014, 14:20     #2380
StN
I have detailed files

I wonder if Bob Jones is keen...
Old 15th January 2014, 15:54     #2381
ZoSo

Bomber Bradbury!? If true that's fucking hilarious. NZ politics is a joke. Can't wait for the supposed broadcaster in Upper Harbour.
Old 15th January 2014, 16:05     #2382
StN
I have detailed files

Wasn't Bombers claim to fame doing a Howard Stern and getting blown on air during the graveyard shift at ChannelZ?
Old 15th January 2014, 16:30     #2383
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Bomber's a whore and will do anything for money. Thus has it ever been.
Old 15th January 2014, 17:29     #2384
CCS
Stunt Pants

facepalm

Lol Bomber.
Old 16th January 2014, 10:19     #2385
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
One presumes, being launched by Kim Dotcom, that it will be a "fuck John Key / the government / big business / ties to the USA" party.
I suspect they'll try and carve out some space on the right left vacant by ACT - closer to classic libertarianism, personal freedom and economic freedom. Hence not taking Bomber's recommendation for Auckland Central.

They'll come out before the election saying they'll work with National and that they're needed to keep things swinging conservative. Similar to what Bomber proposed but without the mad leftist bent.
Old 16th January 2014, 14:28     #2386
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

No, I think this is all about Kimble, nothing to do with ideology. He's got money to burn and seems intent on reinventing himself as a political figure. Why? Well, political figures are hard to extradite, nahmean?
Old 16th January 2014, 19:38     #2387
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

That was my immediate thought too.
Old 16th January 2014, 21:11     #2388
Lightspeed

facepalm

Fucking Orcon have put his face on the back of buses in Auckland to advertise their internets.
Old 17th January 2014, 12:55     #2389
Omegakai

I normally avoid posting in this subgroup like its has aids, but I wanted to get in on this Internet party thing.
While the motives are clearly suspect, and the policies likely to be crude and vague I feel this party may actually be successful.
There are a lot of young voters whom feel disconnected nor care about the political landscape of Nz, There main battle will be getting young people to vote,
And perhaps they have the best shot out of any of the parties to do so, especially with the lollies they could offer.
IE, vote for us and get free face book data.
Etc.
Old 17th January 2014, 15:57     #2390
fixed_truth

Yeah, from memory there were 800,000 eligible voters who didn't vote last election.
Old 20th January 2014, 10:38     #2391
Juju
get to da choppa

I'm not so worried about the internet party (IP for short...fancy that) itself, more worried about the fact that it might stop national and their mates making a majority coalition. Which could mean power goes to labour and the greens.
Old 20th January 2014, 13:55     #2392
Jodi

Haha, not if all the stupid green voters vote the IP party instead so neither get 5%.
Old 20th January 2014, 18:49     #2393
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

If dc promises to put fiber past my house then I'll vote for him even if it fucks up everything for all other people. Everyone else who votes for him will have a similar reason at heart.
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:39     #2394
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

fuck, I've been ex Aotearoa for a long-enough contiguous chunk that I'm ineligible to vote right now. Quick trip for a Pokeno icecream may be in order.
Old 23rd January 2014, 08:54     #2395
aR Que

I hope they revoke ur voting privileges, unless of course ur voting for the same party as me.
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:13     #2396
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

But AB has got a functioning brain - he way not vote for who you like but at least it would be a sensibly cast vote. Someone like say lolspeed should not be allowed to vote.
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:47     #2397
fixed_truth

Old 23rd January 2014, 11:58     #2398
Lightspeed

If only GT was trolling. He genuinely believes what he's saying is rational.
Old 23rd January 2014, 23:08     #2399
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

If you want a picture of the sort of navel-gazing twaddle that occupies the Labour movement these days, check out this thread.

http://thestandard.org.nz/the-pablo-...ther-the-left/
Old 24th January 2014, 15:38     #2400
Kryten

Given the recent census, isn't the Ratana thing a bit weird?

(note: commenter is white, not religious).