NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 28th October 2016, 14:18     #3961
Nothing

The thing about it that make it extra disgusting is that obviously JK knows why this behaviour is totally unacceptable, and yet he was obviously happy enough for his son to hold these attitudes in private. Otherwise he would have made sure that his son knew better than to do what he did. I think that, secretly, our pony tail pulling prime minister approves of Max's actions. He's only saying it was unacceptable because he is politically required to.
Old 28th October 2016, 14:26     #3962
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

in conclusion FUCK JOHN KEYS!!1
Old 28th October 2016, 15:23     #3963
ZoSo

MKDS
Old 28th October 2016, 15:29     #3964
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
in conclusion FUCK JOHN KEYS!!1
Actually, my conclusion would be DON'T fuck John Keys. Give that motherfucker blue balls.
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:40     #3965
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Novopay, the gift that keeps on giving.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11741431

Quote:
A massive privacy breach has struck the beleaguered Novopay school payroll with personal details of staff members sent to wrong schools.
Old 4th November 2016, 11:17     #3966
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Gareth Morgan starts his own political party: The Opportunities Party

http://www.top.org.nz/

Perhaps the Universal Basic Income will be one of his election promises?
Old 4th November 2016, 12:14     #3967
fixed_truth

Quote:
Cat-killer' Morgan has a new project
Current nzherald headline. No joke.
Old 4th November 2016, 14:51     #3968
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Unlike the herald itself, which is.
Old 4th November 2016, 21:01     #3969
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Gareth Morgan starts his own political party: The Opportunities Party

http://www.top.org.nz/

Perhaps the Universal Basic Income will be one of his election promises?
There's this article where he says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Morgan
To have to run a business of 50 people, it's just not me ... I tried to do it by putting in management-type people and that worked to a degree, but I still find myself lying awake at night worrying about it

This isn't exactly confidence inspiring. If he can't run a company of 50 people without lying awake at night worrying, how does he think he'll be able to run a country?
Old 4th November 2016, 21:18     #3970
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

LORD KNOWS HE GONNA GRAB THAT PUSSY, AMIRITE

ok, I didn't think that one up myself
Old 5th November 2016, 12:48     #3971
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

NZ Government donated $13.7 million to the Clinton Foundation

http://uncensored.co.nz/2016/11/05/n...inton-charity/

While the story is from a dubious/loony site, the donations are real. Draw your own conclusion.

Are we run by idiots or did someone get the ponytail special on the Lolita Express? :P
Old 5th November 2016, 14:15     #3972
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org/c..._June-2016.pdf
Old 5th November 2016, 15:42     #3973
CCS
Stunt Pants

Have we decided now that the Clinton Foundation is an evil front for Hillary's election fund?
Old 5th November 2016, 16:00     #3974
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Clinton's election campaign is run by SATAN.

http://archive.is/9Wv5e
Old 8th November 2016, 20:14     #3975
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Angry Andy strikes again

http://www.newshub.co.nz/politics/an...VRcvg.facebook
Old 9th November 2016, 00:27     #3976
Lightspeed

It is a fair point, even if it wasn't the time to make it. The current government seems to largely get a free pass.

Is anyone asking why there's so little new money for healthcare or housing, but a cool billion for prisons?
Old 9th November 2016, 11:40     #3977
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Someone buy Lloyd Burr a beer. Clearly a reporter to keep an eye on this coming election.

Off to a great start.

NZ First says Labour's job scheme a rip-off of one Labour scrapped in 2001
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...ectid=11744524
Old 9th November 2016, 13:18     #3978
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
It is a fair point, even if it wasn't the time to make it. The current government seems to largely get a free pass.
The Opposition's job is to look like a competent alternative government. When they put forward half-thought-out proposals containing numbers that fall apart at FIRST QUESTIONS from the media, and then attack the media for asking the questions, then the Opposition is failing at its job.

Blah blah communications blah blah incompetent blah blah situation normal.
Old 30th November 2016, 13:09     #3979
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

http://politik.co.nz/en/content/poli...2016_10_6_2016)

Maori Party and Mana team up to target all Maori seats. This will be interesting.
Old 30th November 2016, 14:26     #3980
ZoSo

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...key-maori-seat

Checkout angry Andy admitting they're finally "mature" about it.
Old 30th November 2016, 16:10     #3981
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

But...but... Epsom! DIRTY POLITICS!!1
Old 30th November 2016, 22:42     #3982
fixed_truth

National gifted Epsom to ACT so they could get into parliament. I can see why Greens stepping aside in some electorates could boost Labour over the line though I'm not sure what the point of Labour standing aside for greens in Nelson?
Old 1st December 2016, 18:06     #3983
CCS
Stunt Pants

Anti-fluoride Hamilton councillor takes aim at 'smarty pants' scientists
Quote:
A first-time councillor has been criticised for lobbying her elected colleagues and the district health board over her anti-fluoride views.

Siggi Henry claims health experts and "smarty pants" scientists have brainwashed the public with misinformation over fluoride, according to a letter she penned just weeks after taking office at Hamilton City Council.
Hamiltonions (Tronites?) voted this idiot in. *sigh*
Old 6th December 2016, 19:31     #3984
CCS
Stunt Pants

I find it interesting and amusing that Colin Craig is fighting a couple of legal battles at the moment in which he is representing himself. He didn't represent himself during Williams v Craig.

Run out of money?
Old 6th December 2016, 20:11     #3985
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

fool for a client, etc
Old 7th December 2016, 22:14     #3986
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
I'm not sure what the point of Labour standing aside for greens in Nelson?
Farrar is reporting that Labour's pulling out of that deal, cue Green fury, impotence, etc.
Old 8th December 2016, 14:52     #3987
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Gareth vs Paul was fantastic.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/politics/ta...nry-2016120808
Old 8th December 2016, 16:22     #3988
fixed_truth

LOL. Morgan's gonna have to keep his cool a bit better, or maybe not it works ok for Winston.

His policy seems a bit complicated, a CGT (not excluding the family home) would be simpler.
Old 14th December 2016, 13:25     #3989
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Former Labour member, former Alliance member, former Green member, and former Internana member Laila Harré has made the courageous step of deciding to return to Labour the week after John Key retires.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/pol...-labour-party/

I would call her a whore, but I actually respect whores.
Old 1st January 2017, 23:15     #3990
Lightspeed

I think Helen Clark might have dodged a bullet in regards to the UN Secretary-General appointment.

If shit starts getting real for NZ as the world wobbles hopefully we'll be able to count on her to give us a hand.
Old 5th January 2017, 08:27     #3991
fixed_truth

Quote:
A spokeswoman for 'Mad Butcher' Sir Peter Leitch has responded to criticism over his racial comments, describing the woman as "barely coffee coloured".
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11776797

It's pretty much she says he says atm but comments like this are just gonna make things worse.
Old 5th January 2017, 22:52     #3992
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

In situations that involve a young female Facebook attention whore I always think to myself "now does that story actually sound plausible?" like, "does it strike me as believable that Sir Peter Leitch is actually a brown-hating white supremacist?"
Old 6th January 2017, 09:13     #3993
fixed_truth

Obviously he's not actually a brown-hating white supremacist. Though it would be interesting to know why he assumed the group weren't from Waiheke Island.
Old 6th January 2017, 12:24     #3994
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I find it interesting that you assume a single word of her account is true.
Old 6th January 2017, 16:56     #3995
fixed_truth

I’m weighing things up based on his account also.
Quote:
"I was joking with her group about not drinking too much because there were lots of police on the island," he said. "She said that she was tangata whenua and could do what she liked, and I responded with a joke about it being a white man's island also. This was not a serious comment and was only ever intended to be light-hearted banter.
I don’t think he intended to offend – but I think that through telling them not to drink too much (ok Dad) and that there’s lots of police on the Island (because they’re not locals so don’t know this) it does kind of come across that he’s inferring some things based on first impressions. Maybe it had nothing to do with them being a group of Maori women but throw in a white man’s island comment and people could take offence.

I don’t at all think he’s racist but he is an old school guy who still has some outdated terms (ie, thought "working like a nigger" was fine and allegedly still says ‘coconuts’) which probably isn’t too unlike many 72+ year olds out there.
Old 6th January 2017, 17:32     #3996
CCS
Stunt Pants

So... much ado about nothing then?
Old 6th January 2017, 21:11     #3997
StN
I have detailed files

Storm in a Latté cup?
Old 9th January 2017, 04:01     #3998
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Old 9th January 2017, 10:24     #3999
fixed_truth

heh, white privilege.

Paul Little: Race, It's for you to decide
Old 17th January 2017, 14:02     #4000
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Labour leader Andrew Little has approached high profile former Police Association president Greg O'Connor about running in this year's election.