NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 26th June 2012, 17:21     #32601
Cyberbob

So the outstanding rent issue's been sorted (They counted the weeks since our renewal incorrectly.) But there's still the issue of contractual agreements.

I have a contract with Property Management Company #1. I'm 99% sure nothing in there remotely mentions PMC #2.

Rude introductions aside, PMC #1 confirms from their side that PMC #2 is indeed taking over the management of our apartment, and now funds are to be deposited into PMC #2's bank account, rather than PMC #1's.

Now I'm not exactly going to say "well, OK then!" when I have zero contractual obligations to give PMC #2 a dime, regardless of management movements between companies.

I'm thinking I just push back to PMC #1, telling them that if they want me to do anything other than what my agreement says, they'll need to get it in a contract for me to sign, in addition to voiding any current agreements. Ditto with any obligation to give PMC #2 anything.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 26th June 2012 at 17:22.
Old 26th June 2012, 19:07     #32602
Bent

Isn't the contract with the landlord and not the PMC?
Old 26th June 2012, 19:36     #32603
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Stick to your guns Bob. Agents are cunts.

Does the great state of Hipstertoria have a Dept of Fair Trading or similar? Tenancy Commission? Ring and ask.
Old 27th June 2012, 09:12     #32604
aR Que

tbh, i'm voting for 'don't be a dick.'
Old 27th June 2012, 12:02     #32605
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
tbh, i'm voting for 'don't be a dick.'
So you'd happily start paying thousands a month to someone, with no signed agreement in place as to what you get in return?

And the only agreement you do have in place that contractually binds you to paying someone thousands a month, you'd just ignore?

If you had an issue with your apartment, it got to the point of a dispute, and wanted to take action, and had absolutely no paper work to say either party had any obligations either way, would you be happy with them just saying "don't be a dick"

If you had a mortgage with one bank, and moved to another bank, would you just go on faith alone that the first bank's releasing you of any obligations, and the new bank will live up to any obligations on their end with no paperwork?

Last edited by Cyberbob : 27th June 2012 at 12:07.
Old 27th June 2012, 12:13     #32606
aR Que

If a landlord, or tenancy agency accepts payment from you, on a regular basis, a tenancy agreement applies, whether, signed, implied or otherwise.
Old 27th June 2012, 12:17     #32607
CCS
Stunt Pants

But what of the terms of the agreement, rq? The TERMS.
Old 27th June 2012, 12:20     #32608
Cyberbob

Very angry

So when's the tenancy up for renewal?
Should be on the agreement.
What agreement.

The roof needs fixing, and we need the landlord to pay for it. You know, like the agreement says.
What agreement.

We've finished living here, and have left everything that belonged to the landlord when we got here.
Where's the 50" LCD tv, the fridge, the washing machine, and whats with the giant hole in the wall?
Should be covered in the agreement.
What agreement.

You get the picture.

<<cup_of_shut_the_fuck_up.jpg>>

Last edited by Cyberbob : 27th June 2012 at 12:22.
Old 27th June 2012, 12:26     #32609
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
If a landlord, or tenancy agency accepts payment from you, on a regular basis, a tenancy agreement applies, whether, signed, implied or otherwise.
In NZ, yes. NZ law doesn't apply in Melbourne.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 27th June 2012, 16:07     #32610
aR Que

Sorry, I mistakenly typed AUGames.
Old 27th June 2012, 18:33     #32611
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

own your own property, bob - easy.
Old 27th June 2012, 18:45     #32612
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Yeah Bob, you got off the plane from NZ and didn't immediately buy a place in one of the world's most expensive cities in which to live, silly you.
Old 28th June 2012, 00:29     #32613
Cyberbob

Damn, I ticked the wrong box on the immigration form, didn't I.
Old 28th June 2012, 07:48     #32614
ploppy slow

facepalm

Now working for recivers on weekly contract ASS NUTS
Old 28th June 2012, 10:04     #32615
chiQ
Frag-muff

A girlfriend's going away drinks this weekend look to be marred by me catching a headcold, critical power of attorney not organised by family member before they went away, and I'm at work despite being sick, because there are a few things I absolutely have to get done. Hopefully I don't pass it on to anyone
Old 28th June 2012, 16:29     #32616
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Back when I worked in an office with other people, if someone with a desk near mine came in to work sick I just upped and walked out.
Old 28th June 2012, 16:38     #32617
Trigger
Laserman

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
fking loled
Old 28th June 2012, 17:04     #32618
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Back when I worked in an office with other people, if someone with a desk near mine came in to work sick I just upped and walked out.
Yup, absolutely hate sick cunts around the office. Remote access, son. USE IT
Old 28th June 2012, 17:45     #32619
CCS
Stunt Pants

It irritates the fuck out of me when Americans pronounce solder as 'sodder'.
Old 28th June 2012, 17:49     #32620
Stalk3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
fuck yes, canadians do it too, makes "How Its Made" unbelievably fucking annoying, which is sad because otherwise its a cool show
Old 28th June 2012, 18:02     #32621
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

See foliage pronounced as foe-ill-idge.
Old 28th June 2012, 19:16     #32622
SPONGER

So it's Foil-age right?
Old 28th June 2012, 19:57     #32623
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
So when's the tenancy up for renewal?
Should be on the agreement.
What agreement.

The roof needs fixing, and we need the landlord to pay for it. You know, like the agreement says.
What agreement.

We've finished living here, and have left everything that belonged to the landlord when we got here.
Where's the 50" LCD tv, the fridge, the washing machine, and whats with the giant hole in the wall?
Should be covered in the agreement.
What agreement.

You get the picture.

<<cup_of_shut_the_fuck_up.jpg>>
To be honest, once your agreement is up, you move to a 'month by month' basis and the existing conditions of the old agreement still apply, until such time as you sign a new agreement. Unless VIC is *significantly* different to WA. PMC #2 takes over the managment of the property, which includes taking over the existing agreements. You have to sign a different agreement, for the terms of the first agreement to be overwritten or invalidated.

I see where you are coming from, but you're still covered... technically. And I know myself I'm not happy with 'technically' either, I'd prefer, 'actually'
Old 28th June 2012, 20:05     #32624
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Yes. But:

solder (ˈsɒldə, US ˈsɒdər)
Old 28th June 2012, 20:07     #32625
p-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalk3r
fuck yes, canadians do it too, makes "How Its Made" unbelievably fucking annoying, which is sad because otherwise its a cool show
Last thing you want to be doing is sitting in the hotpools in "Hamner" listening to americans yabbering on!
Old 28th June 2012, 20:18     #32626
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Yes. But:

solder (ˈsɒldə, US ˈsɒdər)
So you're telling me an American dictionary says the American pronunciation is sodder?

How do you say it, Stoolie?
Old 28th June 2012, 20:23     #32627
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-b
Last thing you want to be doing is sitting in the hotpools in "Hamner" listening to americans yabbering on!
Spergasm suppressed!

Solder has an El. It should be pronounced.

Webster was an upstart.
Old 28th June 2012, 20:33     #32628
CCS
Stunt Pants

So what's your fucken point? That you're agreeing with me? You don't need to tell me. I assume everybody agrees with me.
Old 28th June 2012, 20:45     #32629
TnT

In websters dictionary they don't have definition for cantankerous, just a photo of CCS. It's like you're an bitter 80 year old man trapped in the body of a much younger person.
Old 28th June 2012, 23:41     #32630
CCS
Stunt Pants

And you're one of those really stupid people that reads something and gets a completely different interpretation from that which was intended, mostly because you'r
e too dense to pick up on humour when it's right in front of you.
Old 28th June 2012, 23:46     #32631
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

GROUP HUG!
Old 29th June 2012, 00:05     #32632
CCS
Stunt Pants

Touch dicks?
Old 29th June 2012, 11:55     #32633
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
To be honest, once your agreement is up, you move to a 'month by month' basis and the existing conditions of the old agreement still apply, until such time as you sign a new agreement.
Thing is, PMC #1 agreement isn't over over till December. PMC #2 is moving in half way through the agreement period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
Unless VIC is *significantly* different to WA. PMC #2 takes over the managment of the property, which includes taking over the existing agreements. You have to sign a different agreement, for the terms of the first agreement to be overwritten or invalidated.

I see where you are coming from, but you're still covered... technically. And I know myself I'm not happy with 'technically' either, I'd prefer, 'actually'
Nothing (yet) has been invalidated. I'm still contractually bound in some form or another, to give PMC #1 money every month. If I stop living by the obligations of that contract, who's to say what shit they could pull.

I know there's a 1% chance that it could turn sour, but still, that's not a risk I'm willing to take.
Old 29th June 2012, 13:06     #32634
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
I know there's a 1% chance that it could turn sour, but still, that's not a risk I'm willing to take.
Like I said, I know where you're coming from 'technically' and 'actually' are not the same thing. Been in a similar situation, and I was the one 'being a dick' with the agents about contracts, I was not comfortable with the whole situation until I'd signed new agreements. It's easy for someone else to say 'just chill winston' until the shit hits the fan and then PMC get all 'well we don't have a contract with you' and shit needs to go to tenancy tribunals and sure you'll win, but to hell with all the screwing around and time off making your living that entails.
Old 29th June 2012, 13:09     #32635
crocos

Is your contract with the "landlord or agent of", or specifically with the PMC?

If specifically the PMC, then stick to your guns.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 29th June 2012, 13:10     #32636
Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Touch dicks?
So long as balls don't touch. Then it'd be gay.
Old 29th June 2012, 13:35     #32637
Stalk3r

its only gay if he stays for breakfast
Old 29th June 2012, 14:51     #32638
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
mostly because you'r
e too dense to pick up on humour when it's right in front of you.
Old 29th June 2012, 15:01     #32639
CCS
Stunt Pants

I'm not certain if that's a poorly thought out dig at the fact my cellphone casually inserted a line break in the middle of my post, or if you're just demonstrating that you really are as dumb as I think you are.

Perhaps it's both.
Old 29th June 2012, 15:25     #32640
TnT

Simply pointing out that you're not as funny as you think you are, and your insults are trite and predictable.