Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > Games and Mods > Fortress Forum
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2000, 18:54     #1
Brass

Question Skaters (Opinions)

Hey, Just wondering what you guys views are on skaters (thats the boarders not the froot booters). Just a discussion not a flame thread. I'm interested in how the general public percieves them.

Old 12th June 2000, 18:56     #2
Ty'me Downe

View = IDGAF

[This message has been edited by Ty'me Downe (edited 12 June 2000).]

Old 12th June 2000, 19:14     #3
M o j o

Didn't we have this 'discussion' (yer, there was no flaming last time ) a few months ago?

Old 12th June 2000, 20:59     #4
Chance

Your interested ? as mojo said we went over this, tis a waste of time.

Old 12th June 2000, 21:07     #5
Brass

Wink

I know. I started the last thread
Just wanted to compare the opinions from last time, thats all :P

Old 12th June 2000, 21:35     #6
MrTTTT

no you didnt. you wanted to start a big skaters vs skaterhaters thing.

Old 12th June 2000, 21:51     #7
Brass

No thats just how you percieved it tom

Old 12th June 2000, 21:54     #8
Body Count
Down but not out!

im a sk8r and like it i only go it to help train in the summer for snowboarding, its very much the same.

------------------
-=BC=-

Old 12th June 2000, 22:56     #9
*Corrupt*

lol skaties are such try hards i dont like them but i do like their shoes

fuck there shoes are so confy i just love em so nice oh the shoes god i love them

skaters suck shit all they do is try moves and fuck them up.
stupid useless whores do something thats worth the time like wanking.

Old 13th June 2000, 01:02     #10
Locutus

Errmmm thats not really much better corrupt ;-)

I got nothing against skaters so long as they stay off the path, hate it when they try to act cool and run over people

Old 13th June 2000, 01:43     #11
Body Count
Down but not out!

CORUPT STFU man some sk8rs fuck up there moves, just like quakers do, ohh hang on here comes CORUPT'S EGO!! im the best there ever was, blah blah blah.

------------------
-=BC=-

Old 13th June 2000, 06:49     #12
ploobadof

pff, shutup bodycount

Old 13th June 2000, 08:43     #13
Tass

skaters (at my school) are morons =)

they try to pick on us nerds and ride into us

once i just stuck my elbo out and this moron skated right into it

*cough* moron *cough*

Old 13th June 2000, 09:00     #14
Glitch

Exclamation

Had some short asses little skater (well I'm not exactly tall myself so I'm guessing this guy was REAL short) He collided with me on his damn skateboard.. so I picked it up and threw it over someones fence... haha he went and got it too lol!

Old 13th June 2000, 09:06     #15
Brass

Being a skater my opinion is obviously a little bias. I live in Wellington and have never seen a skater run into anyone. However I have seen some fucking idiots (usually older people around 20-25) trying to skate at night in the middle of the road.
Most skaters have an e g o problem but it is quite hard to find anyone that doesnt these days (i.e. Rugby heads etc...)
As for the skaters not landing heaps of tricks. That is because you will fuck up more than you will land stuff. You could compare it too a sniper when they are learning. At first they suck dick. As they play more and more their skill level increases and they hit more of the time. However it is improbable that however good the sniper is (without using aimbot) he/she will never hit all the time.

BLAH

Old 13th June 2000, 17:37     #16
*Corrupt*

lol i admit to being a god. but skaters are gay.

Old 13th June 2000, 17:48     #17
Argon

Well .... "Auckland city" etc skateys are fukken dumb cunts who think they are the strongest things on the planet cos they walk around in massive groups.

south AKl skateys are way different though. It would be fukking awesome to see a fight between the two, only because i want to see them fukken kill themselves.

but globes are legend. I mean half the shoe is just cusioning or however u spell it.

Old 13th June 2000, 20:35     #18
Shooman

Over here in Dunners, they've made it an offence to skateboard (and blade unfortunatly) on all of the main footpaths in the city (there's little signs on the footpath edges). However, it's gonna be a few months till the police actully have the ability to give out infrigment notices to anyone skating on the footpath.

So all they can do at the moment (the police) is 'talk' to ppl skating on the footpath.
This is completely stupid because skaters still skate on the footpath because they know not much can be done about it.
I say, bring on the infringment notices.

Old 13th June 2000, 22:39     #19
Argon

i say, send them to jail so they can become some dudes bitch.

Old 14th June 2000, 11:39     #20
KaHN

hehe corrupt loves shoes (sexually) hehe

Old 14th June 2000, 17:11     #21
Brass

Question

Ok what is yor favourite skate shoe brand?

DVS
DC
OSIRIS
GLOBE
DUFFS
ETNIES
EMERICA
ADIO
VANS
EXPERIMENTAL
CIRCA

OTHER

. . . . . . . . .

Old 14th June 2000, 17:28     #22
g ø f u r b ø y

Favourite skatie shoe brand:

OTHER - Adidas

------------------
There are only so many ways I can make love with my hand

Old 14th June 2000, 17:46     #23
silva

i spose skating is ok if your actually any good, not that anyone is in new zealand, most schools you go to you'll see fucking idiot skaters who only do ollys and think they're "cool"

then you have the biggest fuckers of them all, fucking terd formers who WALK around with their skateboards thinking they're hot shit, they dont use their boards OH NO, they just walk around with them, grease up their hair with monkey spunk and act all macho.

Old 14th June 2000, 18:10     #24
Asriel

Laugh

Or they sit down talking about moves the pulled when no one was around... , aha, they can't skate at my school now, a deck was built on the only good enough concrete at my shitty school
fuk u MAS

Old 14th June 2000, 18:50     #25
Brass

Silva: We have world class skaters in New Zealand. In last months issue of Transworld Skateboarding there was a whole New Zealand section. People like Bernie Foo (NZs tech guru) were featured and it is great thatour New Zealanders are getting such great coverage.
Bernie is originaly from the South Island but moved to Wellington and has been skating here for ages now. Chris Wood another NZ great has moved to Australia to get coverage and seems to be doing well.
As for most schools you will see that there are more bad skaters than good. Fair enough but most people do it because it is fun and only some for the image.
I have to admit there are some trashy skaters around that are just complete fucking losers but I have seen some faggot rugby, soccer, fruit booters, hockey players that suck and are fag posers as well.

Old 15th June 2000, 19:17     #26
WArNiGHT!

Fuck rap ownz skating

But kareem campbell is tha man (coz hes a skatie homie, and hes black)

Old 15th June 2000, 20:41     #27
styler

Most of the wannabe skaters that can't actually skate are 15 and below, I personally haven't met anyone above that age who are cocks with their boards...

Old 15th June 2000, 21:37     #28
FEsTUS

Between the ages of 10 and 15 it was kool to have a "TRUNKA"...Big ass piece of shit that was double ended.(Dorkus thats not a cue for you )

I "used" to be able to do 1 360 LOL
....if I tried it now I'd die.

I don't mind skaters,but I hate the stupid trash they leave everywhere...bloody lazy kiwis

PUT IT IN DA BIN YOU BLIND PIECES OF S$%%^^^$*&(^&...*ahem. )

Old 15th June 2000, 23:42     #29
Shooman

I'll do my part Festus - next time one falls off their skateboard, I'll pick them up and stick 'em in the bin!

Old 18th June 2000, 15:03     #30
FEsTUS

heh

Old 19th June 2000, 21:39     #31
Locutus

I was waiting for the bus the other day and these idiots were criss crossing the road on there skates holding up traffic... someone should've run them dumbasses over

Old 7th April 2003, 22:22     #32
trailerparkboy

holyshit
are u legally stupid
no godd skaters in nz
fuck ur wrong
many ledgendary skaters in nz
look up secombe watene bjorn johnson chey ataria nick lister garteh stehr......the list goes on
plus ppl who post here are good for example barboy form bse(represent) is like mundo blingo
fuck u get ur fatcs straight
no ur role jibroni

Quote:
Originally posted by silva
i spose skating is ok if your actually any good, not that anyone is in new zealand, most schools you go to you'll see fucking idiot skaters who only do ollys and think they're "cool"

then you have the biggest fuckers of them all, fucking terd formers who WALK around with their skateboards thinking they're hot shit, they dont use their boards OH NO, they just walk around with them, grease up their hair with monkey spunk and act all macho.

Old 7th April 2003, 22:25     #33
Inferno

Robo-Kill says : ok after two months can i have my account back ? im bored :/

: sup, yeah theres lots of good skaters in nz, just not as good as most of the skaters overseas like chris cole and andrew reynolds, bastien salabanzi and kevin long (spanky)...but some are damn good in nz
barboy = teh shiz (bse rep!) hopefully getting sponsored soon and video coming ;D

Old 8th April 2003, 17:19     #34
Azmodan

Yeh barboy is a champ

Old 8th April 2003, 17:26     #35
Gambit

i dislike the ones that think they are better than everyone else =/

Old 8th April 2003, 18:17     #36
Vanquish
East Syde

Rolling eyes

Quote:
Originally posted by trailerparkboy
holyshit
are u legally stupid
no godd skaters in nz
fuck ur wrong
many ledgendary skaters in nz
look up secombe watene bjorn johnson chey ataria nick lister garteh stehr......the list goes on
plus ppl who post here are good for example barboy form bse(represent) is like mundo blingo
fuck u get ur fatcs straight
no ur role jibroni
Do Not Bring up old Threads you Bored fuck

Old 8th April 2003, 19:40     #37
SepulchraL

3 fuckin years old D:

Old 8th April 2003, 21:05     #38
W0Lv3R1nE

heh :P
oldschool0rZ

Old 8th April 2003, 21:12     #39
HellStorm