Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 9th July 2010, 16:35     #3081
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred
It is fairly decent but not wonderful. The main characters are profoundly dislikable - which is a brave move for the series but makes it hard watching. I do like that the powers they have are all deeply rooted in their psyche and tell you a lot about who they are.
Hmm, interesting. I don't find them particularly dislikeable so far (two episodes in), although I can see that certain parts of their personalities are. But I thought this just made them more human rather than being black & white 'heroes' or 'villains'. Bear in mind these are a fairly representative bunch of what most people consider 'scum' of UK society - chavs, wideboys, sluts and .. umm ...the blacks - if they came out of the stable in episode 1 as charming and likeable little tykes I think it would have taken a lot of the drama away

Anyway, will review things again after i've watched the last 4 this weekend
Old 9th July 2010, 19:57     #3082
Markh

I had to agree 100% with tonight's Penn & Teller: Bullshit. Every episode I agree at least to some degree and can accept the point they are making, but tonight's one was 'Easy Money is BULLSHIT!' and they were having a good go at multilevel marketing - so, so true! If no one ever tries again to get me to drink the Amway koolaid then there will be that much less desire to kick them in the nads.
Old 10th July 2010, 12:24     #3083
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan
Was good
Also good news: in ep3 credits they mentioned The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret is out soon.
Old 11th July 2010, 01:46     #3084
fidgit
Always itchy

How long has Olivia Munn been a reporter on the Daily Show : o. I had no idea.

Should watch more often I guess...

(Does Lewis Black still get to do yelling-at-the-camera every so often still?)
Old 11th July 2010, 05:58     #3085
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
How long has Olivia Munn been a reporter on the Daily Show : o. I had no idea.

Should watch more often I guess...

(Does Lewis Black still get to do yelling-at-the-camera every so often still?)
She's done 2 or 3 segments so far so you haven't missed much yet. I don't know if you're referring to one after the July 1st one or referring to that one but that was her 2nd appearance. (It was a segment about the russian spies)

and one of the episode descriptions from this week mentions Lewis Black I think.
Old 12th July 2010, 01:06     #3086
fidgit
Always itchy

The one I saw was from the show from the 7th, about Arizona's border control.

re: Lewis Black: whoop! So angry ^_^
Old 13th July 2010, 21:00     #3087
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Hmm, interesting. I don't find them particularly dislikeable so far (two episodes in), although I can see that certain parts of their personalities are. But I thought this just made them more human rather than being black & white 'heroes' or 'villains'. Bear in mind these are a fairly representative bunch of what most people consider 'scum' of UK society - chavs, wideboys, sluts and .. umm ...the blacks - if they came out of the stable in episode 1 as charming and likeable little tykes I think it would have taken a lot of the drama away

yeah, fuck me...this is still one of the best series i've seen in ages. i had suspected that was the guy's power since the black dude's episode and the massacre, so wasn't a huge surprise. even though i was fairly sure, i was still pretty choked up for the final few minutes of the last episode!! I really find it surprising to hear you find them so unlikeable, fred. My opinion hasn't changed from before, they're flawed, very flawed, but with hints of goodness in them too except for maybe simon, lol, that dude is warped - just makes them way more human in my books. shit, i wonder when season two is out. probably not for ages. fuck!
Old 13th July 2010, 21:28     #3088
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

I watched Misfits a while ago; watched all 6 episodes in one sitting. Easily one of the best TV shows I have ever seen(I love the UK's style of 6 episode seasons, SO much better than the US format of dragging and filler episodes). I laughed my fucken arse off right the way through, loved all the characters and their quirks.

Have recommended to everyone I come across, cannot recommend it enough.

A+
Old 13th July 2010, 21:36     #3089
Delphinus

Quote:
shit, i wonder when season two is out. probably not for ages. fuck!
Agreed! I can't wait to see how he gets out.....
End of this year I've read...
Old 14th July 2010, 08:24     #3090
Fred

Quote:
I really find it surprising to hear you find them so unlikeable, fred. My opinion hasn't changed from before, they're flawed, very flawed, but with hints of goodness in them too except for maybe simon, lol, that dude is warped - just makes them way more human in my books. shit, i wonder when season two is out. probably not for ages. fuck!
The first season has concentrated entirely on their flaws - the runner now has the ultimate method of running away, Simon gets to watch, Nathan gets to be even more of a prick because he can't suffer long term consequences etc...

I just find them having so little redeeming character at the moment. I kinda hope the second season shows them growing a bit. As I said the most sympathetic one is the runner and he is hard to like.
Old 14th July 2010, 15:40     #3091
Azmodan

Just finished Misfits, thoroughly enjoyable. Looking forward to next season, which is slated to start 'end of 2010' at some stage. Seems fairly obvious how Nathan will get out of the coffin - Kelly visits grave, hears his thoughts etc etc. I'm quite interested to find out who the guy in the orange hoodie is the guy who saved Nathan from the Virtue members.
Old 14th July 2010, 15:55     #3092
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmodan
Nathan will get out of the coffin - Kelly visits grave, hears his thoughts etc etc. I'm quite interested to find out who the guy in the orange hoodie is the guy who saved Nathan from the Virtue members.
WOW. Have you been fucking my thoughts? You kinky minx! I guess all that shit is obvious to those who've paid attention.

Glad to see you liked that shit, was on another level imo. Extremely surprised by Fred's comments. Then again, I equate him to a 300 yr old man. Full of Wisdom but very out of touch with todays goings on ;p
Old 14th July 2010, 17:16     #3093
Sanchez

Anyone who says Nathan is annoying in Misfits can die in a fire. For me he made the show enjoyable, bring on season 2.
Old 14th July 2010, 17:36     #3094
Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmodan
Seems fairly obvious how Nathan will get out of the coffin - Kelly visits grave, hears his thoughts etc etc.
Agreed, but I'm thinking it won't be quite that simple... Am interested to see how they actually do it.
Old 15th July 2010, 01:39     #3095
?>Superman

Devil grin

I'm gonna have to check out Misfits now :D

Hmmm anyone been keeping up with Treme? tbh I didn't even get through the first episode yet, is it as pwnsome a The Wire was?
Old 15th July 2010, 01:53     #3096
herp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
Hmmm anyone been keeping up with Treme? tbh I didn't even get through the first episode yet, is it as pwnsome a The Wire was?
I rank David Simons last 3 projects like this

1. The Wire
2. Generation Kill
3. Treme

I watched all of Treme, it is similar to 'The Wire' in that it features a large cast and multiple storylines that sometimes weave around each other, but other than that I found it not that satisfying. The last few episodes were spectacular mind you. It took a while to get into it and I found myself fluctuating between like/not interested throughout the series. Maybe it was too smart for me and I need to watch it again. Maybe I just have ADD and it couldn't hold my attention that long.

I'd give first 3 episodes a chance then see from there.
Old 15th July 2010, 02:25     #3097
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

I've had the last episode of Treme season one sitting there for around 3 weeks now. It was always a show I had to be "in the mood" to watch.. will get around to watching the finale at some point.
Old 15th July 2010, 08:32     #3098
David

Deadliest Catch was some sad shit.
I wish After the Catch was easier to access
Old 15th July 2010, 09:01     #3099
Azmodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
I'm gonna have to check out Misfits now
Yeah dude, it's the goods! and i'll be in the uk for season 2, maybe I'll get to meet the black girly ooooh baby
Old 15th July 2010, 09:40     #3100
Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Agreed, and i hunted down After the Catch for once to see what they all had to say.
Old 15th July 2010, 16:47     #3101
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I got a bit choked up when the older brother started crying in the hospital with Phil.. Phil's a battler! <3

edit: oh fuck me, i posted that ^^ about 5mins before the end... RUDE BUZZ at the end

Last edited by Warrick : 15th July 2010 at 16:52.
Old 15th July 2010, 17:00     #3102
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Capt. Phil Harris Public Memorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zraFMStrA-U
Old 15th July 2010, 18:46     #3103
[WanG] Wandarah

Checking out the Misfits show some were raving about - I'm halfway through the first episode and it's not very good at all eh.
Old 15th July 2010, 19:00     #3104
Azmodan

cool
Old 15th July 2010, 19:10     #3105
[WanG] Wandarah

Sorry boo. They played some dramatic music, it's awesome now.
Old 15th July 2010, 19:14     #3106
Azmodan

Boom! what about dem tittays
Old 15th July 2010, 19:18     #3107
[WanG] Wandarah

That chick sure knew how to nuzzle a bottle.
Old 15th July 2010, 21:01     #3108
Mokoro

/waits for Dexter season 5...
Old 18th July 2010, 21:26     #3109
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Eureka season 4 has had two good opening episodes.
using alternate time lines as a device to arrange 5 of the main characters' relationships with the rest of town gives the franchise a bit of a rebirth
Old 18th July 2010, 21:59     #3110
David

Yup, enjoying Eureka's latest two episodes. Also the fact that the blonde that the Sheriff is with is hot as shit so if she sticks around, I'm happy.

Watched the first two episodes of Haven which is inspired by Stephen King short stories - so far so good. Also watched Covert Affairs, Piper Peraboo is fucking hot.
Old 18th July 2010, 22:11     #3111
Lightspeed

This looks like some quality programming!
Sharktopus!

Woops, wrong thread. Too bad! Sharktopus will not be stopped!
Old 19th July 2010, 00:02     #3112
tarzan007

Adrian Grenier from Entourage is coming into my work tomorrow....mint
Old 19th July 2010, 08:48     #3113
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

That black chick in misfits has perhaps the most useless power ever, but by golly could she get a length!
Old 19th July 2010, 12:53     #3114
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wugambino
That black chick in misfits has perhaps the most useless power ever, but by golly could she get a length!
Yeah, boy would I hate to have that power.

Hate it.
Old 19th July 2010, 13:19     #3115
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

it's always on nature makes it more of a curse then a blessing, as we have seen several times already
Old 19th July 2010, 13:52     #3116
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
Eureka season 4 has had two good opening episodes.
using alternate time lines as a device to arrange 5 of the main characters' relationships with the rest of town gives the franchise a bit of a rebirth
Agreed .... the good thing about this type of content (eureka in general) means you can slide this shit in an no ones gunna question it ... well in too much length :P

also fargo in charge .. what the balls.... the doc they brought back should make it interesting and HOPEFULLY try steer away from Jack uses generic simple answer A to resolve problems geniuses couldn't .... all the time ... it was like watching house in a cool/scifi setting after 3 seasons.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 20th July 2010, 08:55     #3117
_Incubus_

Hmmmm new entourage is not turning me on...some of the characters seem to have jumped the shark. Loyd, Sloane, and some of the more established secondary characters are just along for the ride. I'm not sure the direction that Vince is going either...they seem to be making him into a bigger douche than before.
Old 20th July 2010, 09:29     #3118
herp

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
Hmmmm new entourage is not turning me on...some of the characters seem to have jumped the shark. Loyd, Sloane, and some of the more established secondary characters are just along for the ride. I'm not sure the direction that Vince is going either...they seem to be making him into a bigger douche than before.
QFT. And they seemed to have added another midget-douchebag in E's work buddy Scott. Even Ari seems tame this season. Last episode of season 6 he was peppering Adam Davies with paintballs, now his wife has him by the nuts.

If anything else, at least Drama is legit. Hope he either gets the show or spectacularly fucks up his chances trying.
Old 20th July 2010, 13:59     #3119
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WanG] Wandarah
Checking out the Misfits show some were raving about - I'm halfway through the first episode and it's not very good at all eh.
Didn't really like it, got a wee bit better once you stopped thinking 'these guys have super powers' and realised that the storm just messed people up, some got benefits others, not so much.

Still, pretty avg. will finish watching what I've already got.
Old 20th July 2010, 19:18     #3120
fidgit
Always itchy

I can't remember if I posted about it, but I really liked Misfits. Very much felt like if the UK comic writers had done Heroes, instead of the US comic writers (though if wasn't actually comic writters that did Heroes, but you get what I mean...)

Or as someone on facebook said:
Misfits Season 1 > Heroes Season 1.
Infomercials > Heroes Season 2+