User Name
Password

Old 1st April 2020, 18:40     #5081
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2020/04/g....html#comments

Only time you'd want to read the comments. Gullible fools desperate to validate their extremism.
I was seriously getting my goat ready to be up. 500m?? FFS, I'm walking 4kms every morning and night because the block is really big. Then I kept reading (and pinched and punched the daughter while she was facetiming a mate!)
Old 1st April 2020, 19:14     #5082
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
What the fuck? Who the hell would make an April Fools bogus post about Government restrictions NOW?
Fucking assholes going to asshole

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 1st April 2020, 20:53     #5083
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2020/04/g....html#comments

Only time you'd want to read the comments. Gullible fools desperate to validate their extremism.
God why post that. That's so horrible to read.
Old 1st April 2020, 23:46     #5084
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Fucking assholes going to asshole
I've known David Farrar for years - remember there was a time when everyone on the NZ Internet knew everyone else - and I guess I consider him a distant friend, but that's just a silly silly thing to be posting.
Old 6th April 2020, 12:40     #5085
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Scotland’s chief medical officer has resigned after taking a family trip to her second home during her country’s Covid-19 lockdown.

Dr Catherine Calderwood received a police warning after pictures of her trip to Earlsferry were published by the Scottish Sun.

She initially said she would carry on her role, but this morning issued a statement saying she would step down rather than risk her actions becoming a “distraction” during the Covid-19 response.
they do things differently in Scotland.
Old 6th April 2020, 13:31     #5086
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
they do things differently in Scotland.
https://www.lomography.com/magazine/...in-new-zealand

I wonder who the local MP could be...
Old 10th April 2020, 14:10     #5087
fixed_truth

Quote:
"The decision to accept this subsidy was not as simple for us as for most organisations. Prior to COVID-19, we have stated on the record that we would never accept taxpayer funding. That commitment was, of course, made in a time few New Zealanders could possibly have anticipated COVID-19 and the ensuing economic situation.

"After brief deliberation, the Taxpayers' Union board determined the welfare of our employees to be a more pressing immediate concern than ideological purity."
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...subsidies.html

Last edited by fixed_truth : 10th April 2020 at 14:13.
Old 21st April 2020, 03:29     #5088
Lightspeed

Concern Over Hong Kong Arrests - Rt Hon Winston Peters

Quote:
The New Zealand Government is concerned that more than a dozen public figures and democracy advocates were arrested in Hong Kong over the weekend, Foreign Minister Winston Peters says.

“The arrest of 15 high-profile pro-democracy figures, including members of Hong Kong’s Legislative Council, is very disappointing”, said Mr Peters. “The rights to freedom of speech and freedom of assembly are enshrined in the Basic Law for all people of Hong Kong.”

On Saturday, Hong Kong Police arrested 15 pro-democracy activists and charged them with offences including organising and joining unlawful assemblies. The charges relate to pro-democracy protests in the city last year. Those arrested include former and current legislators such as Democratic Party founder Martin Lee, and trade union leader Lee Cheuk-yang.

“The arrests are especially disappointing at a time when we should be coming together internationally in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic”, said Mr Peters.
Old 5th May 2020, 01:54     #5089
Lightspeed

National wants answers about Kurdish refugee Behrouz Boochani - RNZ

I don't quite get why National is applying this pressure, now? Is it anything to do with the work Ardern is doing with Australia with a "trans-Tasman bubble"? Casually letting Australia know we're considering a refugee from Manus Island?

The article appears to establish that no one is able to speak about an ongoing asylum application and politicians don't specifically have a role in the process.

Just some wishy-washy about whether this specific individual was honest on their visa application.
Old 29th May 2020, 02:58     #5090
Lightspeed

Hong Kong security bill backed by China's parliament

I guess that's the end of the Hong Kong city-state.