Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 7th June 2022, 16:02     #7641
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidbo
Really enjoying this. Appointment family viewing.
Best show on television.
Old 7th June 2022, 17:35     #7642
Caesar

Yeah loving The Boys eh, I hope Anthony hasn't hurt his career with that little skirmish he had with a bar tender the other month.
Love the fact that the best characters on the show are our two kiwi boyz Karl and Anthony.
Old 7th June 2022, 19:40     #7643
Lightspeed

There was a group cast interview I saw, the question was who is most like their character, everyone immediately pointed to Starr. It was pretty jokey, but that combined with the incident you mentioned suggests he has some issues to work through.
Old 7th June 2022, 21:21     #7644
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
Yeah loving The Boys eh, I hope Anthony hasn't hurt his career with that little skirmish he had with a bar tender the other month.
Love the fact that the best characters on the show are our two kiwi boyz Karl and Anthony.
I wanna see them take on Lorde's efforts on HotOnes. Last week got Stranger Thinged, so maybe...

Last edited by StN : 7th June 2022 at 21:24.
Old 8th June 2022, 08:58     #7645
wazza
*flex*

i was watching those first 3 episodes of season 3 over the weekend was was wondering who blondie reminded me of. banshee. of course.
Old 8th June 2022, 21:13     #7646
ceer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
I wanna see them take on Lorde's efforts on HotOnes. Last week got Stranger Thinged, so maybe...
Yeah always worth a watch.

The thing is I've had this (well only a couple of pieces and I never want to have it again) there is that.

https://www.onceit.co.nz/products/27...illi-chocolate

This chocolate is at over 6 million Scoville so the sauces seem tame in comparison unless the sauces have a more intense effect maybe.
Old 9th June 2022, 00:01     #7647
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
Very good

I am really digging this. Not just the stories, damn it's a feast for the eyes. It looks amazing.
Old 9th June 2022, 01:07     #7648
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

surpriiiiiiise

Old 9th June 2022, 07:26     #7649
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceer
Yeah always worth a watch.

The thing is I've had this (well only a couple of pieces and I never want to have it again) there is that.

https://www.onceit.co.nz/products/27...illi-chocolate

This chocolate is at over 6 million Scoville so the sauces seem tame in comparison unless the sauces have a more intense effect maybe.
Yeah I've had a few blocks of that. Daughter used it in her "Hottest chilli chocolate muffins in the world!" as a topper - feedback from Lockdown Quiz master (and brother of local celebrity chef) was that it destroyed his anus.

Ex-super league player at the local was less than charitable - It nearly got physical! All while my castiron gut friend sat there and consumed 6 pieces.

Still consider D-Bomb a concentrate and not a sauce.

...anyway, telly.

The Boys is still up to the usual high standard.

"Eat fucking Timothy!"

Last edited by StN : 9th June 2022 at 07:30.
Old 9th June 2022, 17:13     #7650
Savage

Whoever posted about Tokyo Vice - thank you. Great show
Old 11th June 2022, 12:56     #7651
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Ahh - if Ozzyman is anything to go by, the publicity process may have been hindered by Butcher getting the 'rona.
Old 13th June 2022, 16:26     #7652
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Why did Stranger Things have that Amiga running Workbench in monochrome, it hurt my eyes.
Old 13th June 2022, 18:01     #7653
StN
I have detailed files

The bit where the code scrolled up and was full of hypertext <div> elements when Tim Berners-Lee hadn't even invented the fucking thing yet?
Old 13th June 2022, 20:31     #7654
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Pretty sure I saw CSS as well. Blocked and reported.
Old 14th June 2022, 11:50     #7655
_Incubus_

Even Vader force choking everyone isn't enough to save Obi Wan for me.....for a guy that's apparently hiding out in the desert he's sure ticking up some stamps in his intergalactic passport.
Old 14th June 2022, 12:57     #7656
Redneck

Fully checked out of disney Star Wars now. Wake me when the franchise gets sold to the Asylum or something
Old 14th June 2022, 16:19     #7657
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Fully checked out of disney Star Wars now. Wake me when the franchise gets sold to the Asylum or something
Old 15th June 2022, 15:34     #7658
Lightspeed

I'm looking forward to seeing what Waititi brings.

The best Star Wars has always been what hasn't revolved around the original trilogy.
Old 15th June 2022, 17:43     #7659
[fe]

Current teeveeing revolving around poirot/hornblower/taskmaster.
Old 16th June 2022, 08:31     #7660
Cyberbob

While last weeks was definitely a big step down, Episode 5 of Obi Wan was great. Not perfect, but no Star Wars is.
Old 19th June 2022, 20:12     #7661
wazza
*flex*

finally got around to ep 5 of obi wan, so amaze
Old 19th June 2022, 20:43     #7662
StN
I have detailed files

Is Kenobi the first introduction of live action TIE fighters and shuttles? Seems that things (Imperial tech) didn't change much in the 8-10 years BBY. Except they built a death star.
Old 20th June 2022, 11:52     #7663
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Is Kenobi the first introduction of live action TIE fighters and shuttles? Seems that things (Imperial tech) didn't change much in the 8-10 years BBY. Except they built a death star.
If you look at the Empires approach to network security from the start of IV - VI it's not all that surprising.

You think you'd do a cyber review once the bothan spies stole data that led to your flagship being blown up...still using passcodes instead of some biometric or at the least a fido token is just crazy...and that lead to yet another Death Star being blown up by terrorists.
Old 20th June 2022, 19:06     #7664
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
TIE were in Solo, and that's 13 BBY, just beating out Kenobi.

Their predecessors were like Darth Maul's ship - you can see the influence.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 20th June 2022 at 19:07.
Old 21st June 2022, 18:28     #7665
Caesar

Anyone seen Outer Range.??
Bit of a fucken weird show.
Old 22nd June 2022, 08:04     #7666
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
Anyone seen Outer Range.??
Bit of a fucken weird show.
yeah i posted about it a few pages ago. it started off well and i finished the season, i felt like it kinda fell off a bit towards the end.
Old 22nd June 2022, 08:27     #7667
StN
I have detailed files

Westworld S4 - Soho 8:30pm Monday 27th.
Old 22nd June 2022, 14:50     #7668
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Westworld S4 - Soho 8:30pm Monday 27th.
Mixed feelings on this after S3, Found myself rooting for Serac more than Dolores. Also waiting for something to finally happen to the man in black...trailer looks interesting
Old 22nd June 2022, 16:04     #7669
ePi

It's been downhill since S1 save for a few episodes in S2. S3 was god awful.
Old 22nd June 2022, 17:02     #7670
wazza
*flex*

i managed to get through S1, i gave up a couple of episodes into S2
(i watched it recently)
Old 22nd June 2022, 17:29     #7671
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Westworld S1 is one of the greatest things ever shown on television IMHO. I don't think it can be topped.
Old 22nd June 2022, 20:03     #7672
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Westworld S1 is one of the greatest things ever shown on television IMHO. I don't think it can be topped.
Struggling to disagree with this....

A few other awesome 1st Seasons I can think of:
-Yellowstone
-Stranger Things
-Last Kingdom
Old 22nd June 2022, 23:30     #7673
BoyWonder

The last episode of Obi Wan is just awesome. This series has had some questionable moments but overall I have enjoyed watching this roller coaster and the finale has been well worth the ride.
Old 23rd June 2022, 00:06     #7674
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWonder
The last episode of Obi Wan is just awesome. This series has had some questionable moments but overall I have enjoyed watching this roller coaster and the finale has been well worth the ride.
Came here to post this
Parts of the show were a let down, others didn't make sense. Final episode made up for a lot of that. I do have to wonder why Obi Wan Ke-noob-i let yet another chance to end Vader slip through his fingers when he could plainly see where that was going to end up.
Old 23rd June 2022, 11:04     #7675
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I'm only a couple of episodes in to Stranger Things S4 but I'm not feeling it. They're just going through the motions now, it's like a reboot of Buffy but with shitty dialogue.
Redemption may be at hand?

Old 23rd June 2022, 15:14     #7676
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
OMG OMG OMG - He said the thing!

Also cleared up that misunderstanding between Ben and Luke around who his Dad was and how he died. From a certain point of view.
Old 23rd June 2022, 16:31     #7677
_Incubus_

Quote:
A few highlights, but more Star Wars I have to pretend never happened.
Old 23rd June 2022, 17:17     #7678
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
A few highlights, but more Star Wars I have to pretend never happened.
So much fan service, it was basically a bunch of "OMG THE THING!1" moments strung together. It wasn't really storytelling. Confession, I did like smashed-up Vader half-talking through the mask. But even that was ripped off from his battle with Ahsoka in Rebels.

Speaking of things being ripped off, did anyone get a strong SC38 vibe from the battle?
Old 23rd June 2022, 21:10     #7679
StN
I have detailed files

Hayden Earl Jones was good.
Old 24th June 2022, 00:33     #7680
ePi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
So much fan service, it was basically a bunch of "OMG THE THING!1" moments strung together
This has been Disney's MO since they acquired the IP. It's just been mediocre content farming.