wazza
*flex*

Very good

Old 8th May 2022, 18:48     #7602
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Otherwise known as a Doctor Who Companion episode.
Any bets on Kenobi having a Vader centric episode?
Old 8th May 2022, 19:40     #7603
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Kenobi will feature an incredibly powerful female Force user never mentioned before in any books movies tv shows or comics, and who becomes the main character relegating Kenobi to a supporting role
Old 8th May 2022, 19:51     #7604
Lightspeed

I'm really enjoying the casting of Halo, Bokeem Woodbine is exceptional. The mystical element of the show is good times too.

I really appreciate these shows normalising the pursuit of enlightenment through the consumption of psychoactives.
Old 9th May 2022, 12:01     #7605
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I'm really enjoying the casting of Halo, Bokeem Woodbine is exceptional.
They need to fire whoever did the makeup on his bung arm though.
Old 9th May 2022, 13:05     #7606
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Kenobi will feature an incredibly powerful female Force user never mentioned before in any books movies tv shows or comics, and who becomes the main character relegating Kenobi to a supporting role
They're working within the confines of existing timelines, so I'm calling it now - Third Sister, who is new to Star Wars as of Kenobi. She fits that description, starts off as a bad guy but will probably be swayed to the light side just in time to get the Rogue One treatment to make sure there's no loose ends by A New Hope.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 9th May 2022 at 13:06.
Old 13th May 2022, 13:03     #7607
_Incubus_

Latest Episode of Halo...I had a feeling they would do this to Master Chief at some point.

They need to rename it 'Future Space Series', it's got nothing to do with Halo at this point.
Old 13th May 2022, 13:45     #7608
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Halo showrunner Steven Kane discussed the Halo games' influence on the genesis of the show in a recent interview with Variety. "We didn't look at the game. We didn't talk about the game."

https://www.cbr.com/halo-tv-series-c...-ignored-game/
Old 14th May 2022, 17:12     #7609
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
They're working within the confines of existing timelines, so I'm calling it now - Third Sister, who is new to Star Wars as of Kenobi. She fits that description, starts off as a bad guy but will probably be swayed to the light side just in time to get the Rogue One treatment to make sure there's no loose ends by A New Hope.

She will end up taking on the role of Luke's protector and save him from the Empire, erasing Kenobi's life's mission, but bravely sacrifice herself before the end of the series ensuring that her loose end is tidied up before Star Wars.
Old 15th May 2022, 18:17     #7610
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
She will end up taking on the role of Luke's protector and save him from the Empire, erasing Kenobi's life's mission, but bravely sacrifice herself before the end of the series ensuring that her loose end is tidied up before Star Wars.
...and she was actually born a man, but suffered a terrible transition to her true self.

Old 15th May 2022, 21:20     #7611
Lightspeed

Halo is so good. The screeches of entitled nerds is only icing on the cake.

Whatever they did, it was always going to be the case anyway. Leaving themselves unencumbered by game lore was the best way.
Old 16th May 2022, 12:24     #7612
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Halo is so good. The screeches of entitled nerds is only icing on the cake.

Whatever they did, it was always going to be the case anyway. Leaving themselves unencumbered by game lore was the best way.
Don't get me wrong I'm quite enjoying Halo, great production values. Apart from the Space Korean Girl who I couldn't care less about it's great....it's just not really Halo.
Old 16th May 2022, 12:32     #7613
Redneck

The Master Chief/covenant chick side of the series is good and intriguing. The Madrigal/rebel chick/ex-Spartan side of the series is the worst kind of mediocre hack writing bullshit.
Old 16th May 2022, 19:45     #7614
_indigo1

This somehow doesn't belong in here - but somehow it so fucking does.
Court back in session today - anyone else psyched for the final season of JD v AH?
Old 18th May 2022, 12:04     #7615
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Unstable woman with rage issues in a courtroom? That's the dumbest idea I Amber Heard
Old 18th May 2022, 13:31     #7616
Cyberbob

Objection, hearsay.

I honestly have no idea what tone they'll be going for that could actually make She-Hulk successful, on a scale of Alley McBeal and Boston Legal to Suits and Law & Order.

edit: Oh and the CGI needs to be top notch.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 18th May 2022 at 13:36.
Old 18th May 2022, 13:37     #7617
Cyberbob

Holy shit, it's Futurama's Single Female Lawyer.
Old 23rd May 2022, 10:05     #7618
_Incubus_

Had to check the date wasn't April 1st....wow Marvel has jumped the shark.
Old 23rd May 2022, 10:11     #7619
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Unstable woman with rage issues in a courtroom? That's the dumbest idea I Amber Heard
It was a very popular comic book run apparently.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/series...lk_2004_-_2005

I guess they're not aiming for the easily triggered old dudes market.
Old 28th May 2022, 03:40     #7620
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I TAKE IT ALL BACK I AM HERE FOR THIS

https://www.reddit.com/r/PrequelMeme...aid_the_thing/
Old 28th May 2022, 13:01     #7621
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Holy shit the opening scene of Kenobi is a bit on the nose, especially for a US audience.
Old 28th May 2022, 14:12     #7622
_Incubus_

Worst hiding in plain sight I've ever seen. Jedi is said about every second word in Obi Wan. The empires inquisitors are about as effective as their approach to data security.
Old 28th May 2022, 14:32     #7623
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Kenobi in hiding literally walking around with a lightsabre on his belt I'M SURE NOBODY WILL NOTICE.

Thought the scene where the lead character says "He's alive, Obi-Wan, Anakin Skywalker is alive" made absolutely no sense.

a) Darth Vader has been the public fist of the Empire for ten years. The whole fucking galaxy knows who he is. Are we supposed to believe that Kenobi has been somehow ignorant of that? Not to mention the fact that Kenobi would have known the moment Vader died if he had (edit - unless he's lived ten years totally disconnected from the Force, which on a re-watch seems quite likely).

b) nobody other than Palpatine, Yoda, and Kenobi know that Vader used to be Anakin. It's a secret. Vader kills anyone who makes the connection. There's no way this chick would know.
Old 29th May 2022, 13:46     #7624
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Thought the scene where the lead character says "He's alive, Obi-Wan, Anakin Skywalker is alive" made absolutely no sense.

a) Darth Vader has been the public fist of the Empire for ten years. The whole fucking galaxy knows who he is. Are we supposed to believe that Kenobi has been somehow ignorant of that? Not to mention the fact that Kenobi would have known the moment Vader died if he had (edit - unless he's lived ten years totally disconnected from the Force, which on a re-watch seems quite likely).

b) nobody other than Palpatine, Yoda, and Kenobi know that Vader used to be Anakin. It's a secret. Vader kills anyone who makes the connection. There's no way this chick would know.
But it's just such an emotional payoff for the audience to be able to see "the moment Obi Wan realises he didn't kill Anakin". Who cares if it doesn't even make sense. Right? RIGHT?!?

Actually, I'm pretty sure Ahsoka finds out Anakin is Vader in the clonewars cartoon. That's canon, right?
Old 29th May 2022, 13:54     #7625
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Nah that's in Rebels, which is chronologically in the future.

Hey can someone explain to me what the point was of Trinity doing all that parkour across the Matrix rooftops?
Old 29th May 2022, 14:10     #7626
Nothing

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Hey can someone explain to me what the point was of Trinity doing all that parkour across the Matrix rooftops?
It was an action sequence, it doesn't need a point.
Old 30th May 2022, 11:42     #7627
Cyberbob

Why are the lasers making noise in space? Unrealistic, 1/7.
Old 30th May 2022, 12:24     #7628
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The unrealistic bit is now Kenobi telling Luke "I haven't heard the name Obi-wan since before you were born", except for every man and his dog calling me that in the first two episodes of my goddamn tv show.
Old 30th May 2022, 12:31     #7629
Lightspeed

It's consistent with how the Jedi were never really a bright bunch.
Old 30th May 2022, 17:35     #7630
StN
I have detailed files

I've never met a freezing worker without a pair of white gumboots and a swathe of cheesecloth in his garage, so pocketing a slab on the way out might be on point...

Also, Flea!
Old 31st May 2022, 06:52     #7631
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The unrealistic bit is now Kenobi telling Luke "I haven't heard the name Obi-wan since before you were born", except for every man and his dog calling me that in the first two episodes of my goddamn tv show.
Look, I know a certain character key to the plot of the first two episodes wasn't in the trailers, but bugger the spoiler tag.

No mention of "Hey Ben - remember that time I got kidnapped when I was 10 and you came and rescued me? Yeah, so we need your help again...".

Unless of course, the message is vague in mentioning the previous relationship because she's trying to protect a secret she doesn't even know? Yeah, nah.
Old 31st May 2022, 16:26     #7632
Nothing

But I mean, if you're asking for total consistency then the soulstone should have killed Clint when he held it in his hand after Black Widow's sacrifice on Vormir. Clint is just a regular dude with a bow. Certainly shouldn't be capable of holding an infinity stone. Yeah yeah, I know it's different franchises entirely, but the same sort of principle is in operation. The amount of power any given character has at any moment is always very convenient to the story.

Last edited by Nothing : 31st May 2022 at 16:28.
Old 31st May 2022, 19:32     #7633
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN

No mention of "Hey Ben - remember that time I got kidnapped when I was 10 and you came and rescued me? Yeah, so we need your help again...".
I was thinking about this, and it's possible that this has been done quite cleverly by the writers. When Kenobi rescues 10r-old Leia, he just says that his name is "Ben". For all I know, in the coming episodes and the years to come that's the only information she is ever given about the identity of the guy who saved her. Some Jedi named Ben.

Fast forward ten years, Leia has been trying to get a message to a retired General named Obi-Wan Kenobi, and then Luke turns up and says "I'm here with Ben Kenobi". That might be the first time she ever puts "Ben" and "Kenobi" together, which would help explain the amazement she shows. It'd help if there were a retconned pause in her reaction of "Ben... Kenobi? Where is he?"
Old 3rd June 2022, 13:50     #7634
_Incubus_

New Stranger Things, kinda ok....more of the same. Except they are doing a Beverly Hills 90210 and we are supposed to ignore the fact they are all adults now..

Not totally excited with the "Hey, we've done monsters for the last 3 series...lets do ghost monsters to keep it fresh".
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:00     #7635
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I'm only a couple of episodes in to Stranger Things S4 but I'm not feeling it. They're just going through the motions now, it's like a reboot of Buffy but with shitty dialogue.
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:11     #7636
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I'm only a couple of episodes in to Stranger Things S4 but I'm not feeling it. They're just going through the motions now, it's like a reboot of Buffy but with shitty dialogue.
But ghost monster!!!!

Also the whole Russia plotline is about as exciting as the random Korean chick in Halo's side story was....

Last edited by _Incubus_ : 3rd June 2022 at 14:12.
Old 3rd June 2022, 20:56     #7637
Lightspeed

I thought season two of Picard was alright. Seemed very... Star Trek, for better or worse.
Old 5th June 2022, 15:42     #7638
_Incubus_

New The Boys season....enjoying so far, the gore factor is up to the shows usual high standards.
Old 7th June 2022, 14:04     #7639
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
New The Boys season....
Really enjoying this. Appointment family viewing.
Old 7th June 2022, 14:14     #7640
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidbo
Really enjoying this. Appointment family viewing.
Had to re-watch the last couple episodes of Season 2 to refresh, but caught up on S03 this week. Anthony Starr is brilliant in this show The difference in his performance/roles from Outrageous Fortune, Banshee, and now The Boys is massive.