doctor who <3
THIS TIMES EVERYTHING
Old 20th May 2013, 04:50     #5682
Fx.

such a good ep
Old 27th May 2013, 16:38     #5683
Cyberbob

Exclamation

There's always money in the banana stand.
Old 27th May 2013, 17:04     #5684
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The longer Moffat has the reins the more I miss Davies. Moffat's arguably the better writer - fuck me, "Blink", "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances", and "The Girl in the Fireplace" have to be right up there in best-all-time-eps lists - but I'm not sure if I like where he's taking the franchise. I think Davies has a better FEEL for the Doctor as producer. Moffat has basically thrown everything out and started again in a sort of stealth reboot.
Old 27th May 2013, 18:11     #5685
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The longer Moffat has the reins the more I miss Davies.
Agreed. To be honest this last season of Dr Who has been pretty damn meh. Was hoping that it would improve with the Ponds out of the picture but it's kinda gone steadily down hill... Guess it doesn't help that Matt Smith is pretty much one of our least favourite Dr's.

Pixie
Old 28th May 2013, 03:42     #5686
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Smith's had some great moments and he's a great actor but I just don't like what Moffat has done to the character or the show. He's retconned everything that gave the Doctor a personality out of the universe. He literally restarted the Universe and left out everything that was uniquely Davies. The world of the Time War and Torchwood and the Great and Bountiful Human Empire and the rift in Cardiff and all that stuff is just gone. The Cracks/Pandorica/Silence arc of arcs is fucking stupid, and there are so many overlapping timelines that I found myself pausing each of the Ponds episodes in S6 to work out where in the continuity we were. "Is this before or after the Doctor dies? Is he 900 or 1100 years old in this episode? Have the Ponds divorced yet or is this after they got back together?" fuck off.

But the thing I find most infuriating is that Moffat seems to have become lazy. He's a great writer but so many storylines seem to have been wrapped up with a lame "timey wimey" deus ex machina or a device that completely contradicts something that's happened in another episode. Worst offender so far: "Angels Take Manhattan" made no fucking sense. The Weeping Angels in that episode were nothing like the Angels that made Moffat's own "Blink" so awesome. Hey, than can look at each other now, neat. And one can appear out of nowhere and zap Rory back in time even though Amy's staring right at him. And then the gang can't just go back and get Rory even though they've got TWO FUCKING TIME MACHINES because *waves hands* timey wimey!

I am disappoint.
Old 28th May 2013, 11:31     #5687
blur^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
There's always money in the banana stand.
maybe cause its been so long
but was slightly disappointed

its been so hyped on reddit i was kinda
Old 28th May 2013, 13:56     #5688
a-tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur^
maybe cause its been so long
but was slightly disappointed

its been so hyped on reddit i was kinda
It's average as unfortunately.
Old 1st June 2013, 23:49     #5689
Kryten

Currently mainlining West Wing season 1. 13 episodes in and I love this show so fucking much already, it's ridiculous.
Old 2nd June 2013, 07:55     #5690
chiQ
Frag-muff

I agree about the Doctor, Si. Moffat is definitely a talent that needs to be locked up for our own good.

I like Arrow. Does that make me a bad person? It has the same appeal as Batman, though does lack the campness, sadly. I really like that he's a killer, and on a slippery slope. This is something most heroes lack. It's not *quite* Deadpool level, but you get that feeling of sociopath/antihero slipping in around the edges.
Old 2nd June 2013, 09:56     #5691
awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
Currently mainlining West Wing season 1. 13 episodes in and I love this show so fucking much already, it's ridiculous.
+1 Are you aware that all seven series are available in 720p widescreen?
Old 2nd June 2013, 10:13     #5692
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
I agree about the Doctor, Si. Moffat is definitely a talent that needs to be locked up for our own good.

I like Arrow. Does that make me a bad person? It has the same appeal as Batman, though does lack the campness, sadly. I really like that he's a killer, and on a slippery slope. This is something most heroes lack. It's not *quite* Deadpool level, but you get that feeling of sociopath/antihero slipping in around the edges.
Agree with everything that's been said here! That almost never happens on NZG!

Pixie
Old 2nd June 2013, 10:37     #5693
StN
I have detailed files

It seems that over time, like particles don't repel...

Anyway, News just in from Armageddon - Dr Who is a perve!

Can't find the pic of the 18yr young lady old dressed as the TARDIS (As seen in the Sunday Star Times), but I understand McCoy's line was something akin to "That's a TARDIS I wouldn't mind getting inside..."
Old 2nd June 2013, 11:32     #5694
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
#DoctorWho BREAKING NEWS: Matt Smith announces that he is to leave Doctor Who. http://t.co/QLhzzF1LNt
Old 2nd June 2013, 12:16     #5695
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

I'm not surprised. No Gillan no dice.
Old 2nd June 2013, 13:28     #5696
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Amy is the fittest companion ever, but after the tantalising "girl who waited" hints that the Doctor's new companion might be the ultimate smoking hot redhead stalker psycho headcase, she just sort of faded away into a nothingish eyecandy-that-has-to-be-rescued plot device. Disappoint.

The only thing I ask is that when Eleven hangs up his stetson he takes the fucking sonic screwdriver with him. Jesus, under Moffat that thing has become a big buzzing deus ex machina that does fucking ANYTHING. It's a forcefield generator, it's a skeleton key, it's a tricorder, it's a weapon, it's a FUCK OFF.
Old 2nd June 2013, 15:21     #5697
Caesar

A work mate introduced me to Suits
Fucken really enjoying it eh.
Great show if you like your legal drama's with a hint of sarcasm/comedy mixed in.
Old 2nd June 2013, 18:47     #5698
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
Agree with everything that's been said here! That almost never happens on NZG!

Pixie
Old 3rd June 2013, 00:00     #5699
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The only thing I ask is that when Eleven hangs up his stetson he takes the fucking sonic screwdriver with him. Jesus, under Moffat that thing has become a big buzzing deus ex machina that does fucking ANYTHING. It's a forcefield generator, it's a skeleton key, it's a tricorder, it's a weapon, it's a FUCK OFF.
How about Doc 11 takes Moffat with him. The sonic screwdriver isn't the problem - it's the hack that's trippin' balls with this series that's the problem.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 3rd June 2013, 09:26     #5700
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Moffat has changed it form a sci-fi show into a Merlin clone, complete with a magic wand.
Old 3rd June 2013, 17:11     #5701
[BT]MikeMan

Orphan Black - OMFG that was epic!!!
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:48     #5702
Mos

^^ more epic than GoT?

Cause GoT was....omfg!
Old 3rd June 2013, 20:57     #5703
[BT]MikeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos
^^ more epic than GoT?

Cause GoT was....omfg!
Have not watched S3 yet so no idea.
Old 3rd June 2013, 21:33     #5704
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Things are looking grim in the teapot family. We have true blood coming but other than that we may have to resort to watching teen wolf.
Old 3rd June 2013, 21:40     #5705
jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos
^^ more epic than GoT?

Cause GoT was....omfg!
GoT was fucken amazing.
Old 3rd June 2013, 23:32     #5706
blur^

been dreading this episode of GoT all season

Old 4th June 2013, 02:14     #5707
Nich

The only warning i got was "Make sure you don't [do work] after GoT, you'll be shaking."

Holy hell that crescendo was intense.
Old 4th June 2013, 08:52     #5708
Nothing

Game of Thrones - Possible spoilers behind link.

The lols, oh the lols.

https://twitter.com/RedWeddingTears
Old 4th June 2013, 09:02     #5709
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
That's fucking hilarious
Old 4th June 2013, 09:06     #5710
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Moffat over the years has written some of the cleverest scripts I've ever seen.... but this new sonic-screwdriver-can-save-the-day bullshit makes me weep for the old days when The Doctor was happy if it could pick a lock... and when The Master once blasted it into a crisp, you actually felt The Doctor's pain - now its shit.
Old 4th June 2013, 10:21     #5711
ZoSo

Quote:
Funny stuff.
Come the end, I was still laughing over how truly awful the whole windmill scene was. One of the worst acted and supposed fight scenes I've seen in years.
Old 4th June 2013, 11:32     #5712
blur^

don draper should stop doing drugs
Old 4th June 2013, 11:35     #5713
blur^

Quote:

so many delicious tears

its funny how many are wanting robb back, lord of light etc
they arnt far off bring on zombie cat

Last edited by blur^ : 4th June 2013 at 11:36.
Old 4th June 2013, 11:59     #5714
blur^

reaction compilation to latest GoT ep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ju...e_gdata_player

probably spoilers if you havnt seen the ep/read the book
Old 4th June 2013, 13:26     #5715
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur^
reaction compilation to latest GoT ep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ju...e_gdata_player

probably spoilers if you havnt seen the ep/read the book
That was classic

I wish I had been watching it with someone like that.

And those tweets are hilarious - overreact much?

I wonder what they'll think of the next big events...
Old 4th June 2013, 14:04     #5716
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

Old 4th June 2013, 14:50     #5717
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

^^^
iLold
Old 4th June 2013, 16:03     #5718
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidbo
So true.
Old 4th June 2013, 16:11     #5719
Lightspeed

I haven't read. My guess at this stage is Podrick is going to emerge as a hero. Such great writing either way, both the story and screenplay.
Old 4th June 2013, 17:25     #5720
p01s0n