Biden is off to beg for oil from the Saudis:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...-meet-with-mbs
Old 16th June 2022, 01:35     #82
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
2000 Mules
But what's YOUR opinion after watching it?

Because I haven't watched Game of Thrones, so do you want to hear my critique of it, or do you think there's really no point hearing what I made up?
Old 16th June 2022, 11:10     #83
Lightspeed

It makes sense you don't see the difference between opinions about TV shows and opinions about the running of elections.
Old 16th June 2022, 15:41     #84
The Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
But what's YOUR opinion after watching it?

Because I haven't watched Game of Thrones, so do you want to hear my critique of it, or do you think there's really no point hearing what I made up?
But you don't care about my opinion. I don't watch Game of Thrones either to take your example, so no, you can think what you like about it, I don't have an issue there, but your opinion on it doesn't interest me at all.

However given this D'Souza guy has a history of putting out propaganda like exactly this repeatedly, and then trying to pass it off as "fact" - as well as grifting people in the process (something Simon alluded to on the last page), it's not something I would be interested in watching anyway. I note he lowered the price of his movie online from $30 to $20 - isn't the price of something usually lowered when it's not moving/being sold?

All these "election fraud" so-called "documentaries" are nothing more than propaganda, permeated by people who think if they put out this nonsense or pander to Trump's every whim (ditto Fox News) he will somehow reward them in some way, or at least they will stay in his good graces. However, as he's shown time and again, he doesn't care about them otherwise, he's just a user. If he cared about the thugs who invaded the Capitol, where were there blanket pardons? He just caused carnage and freely walked away. Yep, real salt of the Earth right there

If election fraud was such an issue, how did Trump win in 2016 then? I note that 99% of his court cases he tried to put forward in 2020 alleging "election fraud" were all thrown out - even by judges he appointed himself, as he provided no evidence to back them up, and half the time what he did have was just bs that one of his lawyers had found on the internet said by yet another conspiracy theorist, with absolutely nothing to back it up. While these theories might sound interesting or wild (eg, Sidney Powell's one about a dead Venezuelan leader somehow being in on the "fraud") they don't stack up in real life, which is the life we all live in. So, I'm not surprised the bulk of his cases went nowhere - they deserved to as he had nothing concrete outside of his head or whatever someone had found online.

Someone said to me once if you repeat a lie long enough, enough people will start to believe it. I think that's what's happened here.

Just my 2c.

Last edited by The Edge : 16th June 2022 at 15:45.
Old 29th June 2022, 19:00     #85
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Ameeeeeeericaaaaaa

https://twitter.com/lwoodhouse/statu...982118401?s=20
Old 1st July 2022, 16:17     #86
Cyberbob

To be fair, I'm sure you couldn't swing a cat in Washington DC without hitting someone who is trying to sell their million dollar stake in a company their family owns among questions regarding deals with Mexican drug cartels.
Old 16th July 2022, 15:37     #87
Lightspeed

It felt like a kind of "curtain peeled back" moment with Biden meeting with MBS in Saudi Arabia, and how all that played out.

US will get their oil, supplies which SA will replace with oil bought from Russia.
Old 22nd July 2022, 10:29     #88
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

After randomly announcing that he has cancer, then his office announcing he has COVID - presumably so he will isolate and can be kept from having any more senior moments on camera this week - Biden now has a personal approval rating lower than Donald Trump’s lowest in office.
Old 22nd July 2022, 13:52     #89
Lightspeed

I can't imagine the shit on that dude's mind. He might be thrilled to have covid.
Old 22nd July 2022, 22:24     #90
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

The narrative is being destroyed bit by bit.

This is great news.
Old 22nd July 2022, 23:11     #91
Lightspeed

lolz, "the" narrative. Which one is that?
Old 23rd July 2022, 06:58     #92
The Edge

This is great news.
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:22     #93
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
lolz, "the" narrative. Which one is that?
The one where "the vaccine works, get the vaccine, everyone needs to be vaccinated, the vaccine will save you, if you don't get the vaccine you're a terrible person".

After 4 jabs, wearing a mask etc the old boy still gets COVID. Now he gets extra anti viral medication because there is so much faith in the vaccine. It was specifically him saying that if you take the vaccine you won't get COVID. Yet these are the people accusing others of "misinformation". How about just admitting they were wrong? Never.

I mean I realize he's 80, but every other m0f0 is getting COVID after their vaccination too, so I don't see how anyone can still honestly claim it's effective - or even 95% effective - at this point. It's only slightly more effective than thoughts and prayers, with more thoughts and prayers required to hope you aren't injured. People should be able to take it if they want it, but any sort of mandate or requirement based around this useless fucking thing is really dated policy based on falsehoods.

Edit: Just call them "the Trump vaccines" and blame it on him, like everything else.

Last edited by DrTiTus : 23rd July 2022 at 12:26.
Old 23rd July 2022, 13:28     #94
_indigo1

https://giphy.com/gifs/g-help-11Wkoq2MaUbLXi
Old 24th July 2022, 10:58     #95
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
The one where "the vaccine works, get the vaccine, everyone needs to be vaccinated, the vaccine will save you, if you don't get the vaccine you're a terrible person".

After 4 jabs, wearing a mask etc the old boy still gets COVID. Now he gets extra anti viral medication because there is so much faith in the vaccine. It was specifically him saying that if you take the vaccine you won't get COVID. Yet these are the people accusing others of "misinformation". How about just admitting they were wrong? Never.

I mean I realize he's 80, but every other m0f0 is getting COVID after their vaccination too, so I don't see how anyone can still honestly claim it's effective - or even 95% effective - at this point. It's only slightly more effective than thoughts and prayers, with more thoughts and prayers required to hope you aren't injured. People should be able to take it if they want it, but any sort of mandate or requirement based around this useless fucking thing is really dated policy based on falsehoods.

Edit: Just call them "the Trump vaccines" and blame it on him, like everything else.
Oh, the narrative in your head. The one where you're a lone brilliant hero, from what I can tell. Everyone else is begging to be saved, but not you.

I get it, there's some sense in enjoying the feelings of being a hero, even if it's a fantasy, even if it leaves you vulnerable to reality. We're gonna die anyway right, might as well have a nice dream before that happens.
Old 24th July 2022, 13:52     #96
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Laugh

The narrative was all in my head?

It's not really about me being a hero. The only reason you're lashing out is because you got fooled by big pharma, and you hate being fooled. Not only was the threat of COVID exaggerated [like I said], but the vaccine doesn't work either. So all the supply chain disruption, adverse effects/death, job losses, societal division, money printing and impending inflation/economic collapse - that's squarely on the shoulders of "Team Science" who shat their pants and called me crazy.

You ruined the world to save grandma, and she died of natural causes anyway.
Old 24th July 2022, 13:54     #97
Lightspeed

lololz

Such lash! Oof, you can't help it can you? Ooh woe, so persecuted! *phew* But lucky you can take it. So brave.
Old 24th July 2022, 14:14     #98
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. My point was solely around COVID hysteria, how vaccines are assumed to provide protection, and how hopefully this comes to an end since it's becoming more and more obvious that they don't.

You seem to be having a bad day - it happens to all of us - so I'll just leave you to it. I don't think anything constructive will come out of this interaction.
Old 24th July 2022, 14:36     #99
Lightspeed

So you don't get how cringe it is to claim you're being lashed out against?

Vaccines are working. You're still as wrong as you have been every step of the way. (Ouch, such lashing!)

NZ's main defence right now is the vaccine. Masking, social distancing, etc., is all lapsing.

If the vaccine doesn't work we should be seeing infections and deaths like other countries did in the first year of the pandemic.

We're not.
Old 24th July 2022, 15:10     #100
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

No longer Biden related, see reply in COVID thread.
Old 24th July 2022, 17:16     #101
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

How do the omicron sub variants compare to alpha and delta in terms of lethality?
Old 27th July 2022, 01:21     #102
crocos

Run Hawley, run!

Season 1 of The Committee is over.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 27th July 2022, 07:59     #103
The Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Run Hawley, run!

Season 1 of The Committee is over.
I saw that coward running, must admit I thought it was quite funny. Some clever memes about it too.
Old 27th July 2022, 15:42     #104
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Angry talking

China escalates warnings to US on Nancy Pelosi’s possible Taiwan trip

Quote:
China has ratcheted up warnings to the US about a planned trip to Taiwan in August by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, even suggesting a possible military response, according to new reports.
Old 27th July 2022, 16:41     #105
Caesar

The Worlds going fucken crazy I swear.

Is America going to have a backbone and say FU to the CCP? or will they be submissive and say ok Chi-na we'll back down to your demands.

I think it's time for the Rapture or a big asteroid to clear the slate again...
Old 3rd August 2022, 04:21     #106
Lightspeed

US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi lands in Taiwan
Old 3rd August 2022, 16:29     #107
Caesar

Quote:
Dis gonna be gooooooooooood....
/heats up popcorn.
Old 3rd August 2022, 16:39     #108
Lightspeed

China's response is apparently to schedule live fire exercises around Taiwan. No special military operation suggested so far tho.

The thing with Taiwan is China (and the world) is dependant on their chip fabrication plants. One idea I heard is Taiwan could basically have a plan to quickly destroy the plants as leverage against China in the case of any invasion.
Old 3rd August 2022, 17:47     #109
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
No special military operation suggested so far tho.
They used the phrase "targeted military operations". Which is an interesting choice of words, considering the circumstances. Although, they probably didn't use English, so it may be an interesting translation.

I've added a Chinese state official to Twitter, and there is lots of anti-US sentiment and pro Chinese military propaganda.

Oh boy.
Old 27th August 2022, 16:32     #110
Lightspeed

The Whitehouse's trolling of Republicans complaining about student debt forgiveness by pointing out the PPP debt forgiveness they personally took advantage of has been good watching.

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...16208441180161
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...16210819436544
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...16212841103360
Old 2nd September 2022, 21:33     #111
Lightspeed

You think Biden's team was intentionally playing to the Dark Brandon meme with this Philadelphia speech?

Old 13th September 2022, 10:25     #112
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Old Joe's gonna cure cancer

Or at least, he believes we can. Which is almost the same thing. Except for the part where it happens.
Old 21st September 2022, 16:57     #113
Lightspeed

Biden endorses bill to disclose super PAC donors: ‘Dark money erodes’ trust

Quote:
Without support from at least 10 Republicans, the legislation will fail in the Senate because it won’t receive the 60 votes needed to overcome the legislative filibuster.
It's easy to endorse something that won't pass.
Old 7th October 2022, 12:46     #114
Lightspeed

Biden pardons thousands of people convicted of marijuana possession
Old 18th October 2022, 10:49     #115
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

America’s ‘once unthinkable’ chip export restrictions will hobble China’s semiconductor ambitions

TLDR: Biden/White House cripples China's semiconductor industry by cutting off American expertise and the ability to get licensing for technologies required for more advanced chips.

Which might be a clever strategic move if there wasn't an island right next to China which has advanced semiconductor expertise that China has been eyeing up and America has been flirting with.

If America wanted to provoke China, that's one way of doing it.
Old 18th October 2022, 12:56     #116
_indigo1

lol what a deflection.
If China wants to mess with Taiwan, that's on China.
The USA has complete right to restrict it's economic property to anyone it wants.

Saying otherwise is like a form of victim blaming or bully enablement.
"She wouldn't have gotten raped if she didn't dress provocatively"
Old 3rd November 2022, 20:47     #117
Lightspeed

Biden implores voters to save democracy from lies, violence

There does seem to be a lot on the line. Or maybe I'm just at the age where I notice things like US midterm elections, and this is just how it always has been?
Old 9th November 2022, 17:06     #118
Cyberbob

Battle for Congress 2022.
Old 10th November 2022, 22:10     #119
Lightspeed

Looking pretty tight on the House results so far. If the Dems lose the House, the Jan 6th committee is toast.
Old 14th November 2022, 11:33     #120
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Interesting demographic data so far; looks like the Dems were saved by Gen Z and young Millennials. Voters over 65 were +13 R; voters under 30 were +28 D. The kids actually turned up for once.

GG