Off to see this tonight in 3D

I'm a little worried now, I thought the trailers looks SWEET AS HOLY FUCK
Old 8th June 2012, 11:43     #2082
blur^

safehouse
Old 8th June 2012, 21:03     #2083
Gerbs

Disappointed.
Saw the Avengers twice, and was looking forward to Prometheus being total awesome-sauce.

E Minus.
Will not see again

STUNNING visuals tho.
Story could've been a LOT better detailed.
Old 8th June 2012, 23:07     #2084
Caesar

One of my mates on FaceB was saying there's something that happens in the beginning of Prometheus that makes christians (staunch ones I'm assuming) get up and walk out?
Old 8th June 2012, 23:45     #2085
a-tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
One of my mates on FaceB was saying there's something that happens in the beginning of Prometheus that makes christians (staunch ones I'm assuming) get up and walk out?
That'd be pretty hilarious if its the case.
Old 9th June 2012, 08:31     #2086
Omegakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs
Disappointed.
Saw the Avengers twice, and was looking forward to Prometheus being total awesome-sauce.

E Minus.
Will not see again

STUNNING visuals tho.
Story could've been a LOT better detailed.
Ive been total to watch the first alien just before going. as there details youll miss. thats what i plan to do
Old 11th June 2012, 02:36     #2087
doppelgänger of someone

Another for Iron Sky. It is so bad it is good. Of course being a space nazi movie, there will be a parody of that Hitler rant video.
Old 11th June 2012, 09:39     #2088
Baxton

I just don't understand how someone can make average, at times peaking to almost not boring movies for over 20 years and still have people so ravenous for his next offering based on a couple of trailers.

Was everyone hoping Ridley Scott had a brain transplant with Joss Whedon or christopher Nolen?
Old 11th June 2012, 13:10     #2089
Ajax
Architeuthis

I think if they put Stanley Kubrick's head in that brain-restarting device for ten seconds, he'd have time to imagine and pitch a better sci-fi movie than Prometheus.
Old 11th June 2012, 13:21     #2090
A Corpse
talkative lurker

So, is it Crystal Skull bad?
Old 11th June 2012, 13:37     #2091
Ajax
Architeuthis

It's really not that bad, just a little lacking in imagination. Bringing on Damon 'Lost' Lindelof as writer was probably the biggest mistake. The visuals are awesome.
Old 13th June 2012, 23:49     #2092
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Snow White and the Huntsman - I enjoyed it a lot (It's the first "Chicks at the flicks" movie I actually wanted to see). Charlize Theron is so awesome, and Kirsten Stewart pretty much played Bella..
Old 14th June 2012, 00:00     #2093
Wally Simmonds

Finished watching Firefly and Serenity the other night, pretty awesome.
Old 14th June 2012, 20:55     #2094
ceer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Simmonds
Finished watching Firefly and Serenity the other night, pretty awesome.
this!...have watched Firefly several times...it is just so good.
Old 17th June 2012, 01:47     #2095
wazza
*flex*

Prometheus Unbound: What The Movie Was Actually About

http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html#cutid1
Old 17th June 2012, 13:56     #2096
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
Pity they spent so much time on the faux-intellectual subtext and not enough on the basics such as a good script and a coherent plot.

Last edited by Ajax : 17th June 2012 at 13:57.
Old 17th June 2012, 14:40     #2097
Cyberbob

Just watched The Phantom Menace. For all the shit it got back in '99, it's actually pretty decent.
Old 17th June 2012, 17:38     #2098
crocos

Disclaimer: Bob has been brainwashed by parenthood and the Gungan Intelligence Forces.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 17th June 2012, 18:07     #2099
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Just watched The Phantom Menace. For all the shit it got back in '99, it's actually pretty decent.
No, Bob, it's really not. For all the shit it got back in '99, a repeat viewing over a decade later makes you realise that it got off lightly. That movie is a festering pile of shit. It sucks in almost every way a movie can suck, with the exception of the sound design and score.
Old 18th June 2012, 09:00     #2100
Baxton

yep. rewatched it a wee while back. still terribad. it dosn't matter that it was a starwars movie, that it had history and fan expectations etc.

it was just a poorly written, made and told movie. George Lucas is not good at making movies. He is good at coming up with an idea, writting it, backing it, then getting someone with talent to make it.
Old 18th June 2012, 11:32     #2101
Baal

Quote:
NO.
Old 18th June 2012, 11:36     #2102
Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza

http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html#cutid1
Pity none of that was even vaguely self explanatory. I don't want to have to read a novel to decipher what the fuck was supposed to be happening in a movie.

I mean, I'm not asking for the current hollywood trend of beating you about the head with the obvious but a few clues or a bit of back story wouldn't hurt.
Old 18th June 2012, 11:37     #2103
_Incubus_

In hindsight they were all shit because Lucas has Morphophilia, too much midget love..
Old 18th June 2012, 11:54     #2104
[Malks] Pixie

Had to watch Murderball for one of my courses at uni and it's fucking awesome. I'm not a big sports person but I really enjoyed it, great narrative, awesome depiction of disabled athletes (no sobs stories here) and some pretty blistering on field cinematography. After watching it I had to go and revisit one of my favorite sports films, "Salute of the Jugger" - pretty certain the wheel chair guys are tougher than Rugter Hauer :-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436613/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094764/

Pixie
Old 18th June 2012, 12:47     #2105
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
No, Bob, it's really not. For all the shit it got back in '99, a repeat viewing over a decade later makes you realise that it got off lightly. That movie is a festering pile of shit. It sucks in almost every way a movie can suck, with the exception of the sound design and score.
Just finished watching IV,V,VI with the kids (SE though - urgh).... they are asking questions like "What are those other movies in the 'Starwars' folder?"
Old 18th June 2012, 14:31     #2106
blur^

wrath of the titans.
fucking terrible.

21 jump street cracked me up though!
Old 18th June 2012, 14:39     #2107
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur^
wrath of the titans.
fucking terrible.
It seems the new standard for movies is 'ahhhhh fuck it, just pump it full of CG!'
Was it just my imagination or did it have a lot of holy-fuck-3D-part which looked absolutely rubbish when not viewed in 3D? (most notably when he was fighting that Minotaur, that wasn't really a Minotaur).
Old 18th June 2012, 15:04     #2108
blur^

i vaguely remember someone saying the 3d effects were added after the film was finished

i thought the first one was pretty good, wrath was pathetic
the spartan army scene made me cringe

bill nighy was good
Old 18th June 2012, 17:05     #2109
chiQ
Frag-muff

He's always good, because he's had so much practice playing Bill Nighy.
Old 18th June 2012, 19:11     #2110
leadinjector

Quote:
wow im pretty sure you just revoked your right to have a worthwhile opinion on anything, ever, with a single sentence. grats.
Old 18th June 2012, 19:25     #2111
Cyberbob

Alright alright, it's not exactly a masterpiece, but come on, the Darth Maul fight is right up there, as is the Duel of the Fates score.
Old 18th June 2012, 21:50     #2112
leadinjector

no its shit. the darth maul fight makes zero fucking sense for a bunch of reasons, one of the major ones being that i dont give a shit about anyone involved.

just watch the red letter media videos which give a detailed and long (and hilarious) explanation of how fucking terribad these films are.
http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/
Old 18th June 2012, 21:53     #2113
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
the Darth Maul fight is right up there
yeah, just like the vampire ninja fight in Blade 2 is right up there. In the sense that it's a bunch of stupid CG acrobatics for no reason.
Old 18th June 2012, 22:12     #2114
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
just watch the red letter media videos which give a detailed and long (and hilarious) explanation of how fucking terribad these films are.
http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/
re-watched these in the weekend....

Bob - seriously watch RLM... then hand in your movie review/opinion card....
Old 18th June 2012, 22:18     #2115
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baal
Pity none of that was even vaguely self explanatory. I don't want to have to read a novel to decipher what the fuck was supposed to be happening in a movie.
Exactly. I'm so annoyed @ this movie. It was so crap for something that could've been so good. Fuck them.
Old 18th June 2012, 23:14     #2116
blur^

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector

that shit is brilliant lol
Old 18th June 2012, 23:30     #2117
Furry Crew

Quote:

Awww hell now!
It's so bad they made a movie called Fanboys who's major premise is just how much it sucked.

Btw Fanboys was LOLtactics

Old 19th June 2012, 01:17     #2118
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Crew
Awww hell now!
It's so bad they made a movie called Fanboys who's major premise is just how much it sucked.

Btw Fanboys was LOLtactics

Huh? The premise was some guys trying to sneak a dying friend into Skywalker Ranch to see the movie early. The actual quality of the movie was an open question.
Old 19th June 2012, 11:00     #2119
Baal

Quote:
Alright alright, it's not exactly a masterpiece, but come on, the Darth Maul fight is right up there, as is the Duel of the Fates score.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baal
NO.
NO.

Wrongness level: Comic Sans.
Old 19th June 2012, 11:32     #2120
Juju
get to da choppa

The Intouchables

Watched it last night. Really, really good.