Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 15th August 2020, 14:55     #1041
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Speak for your own employer
You're demonstrating the same values yourself. You're cooking up rationale for placing additional burdens on employees without negotiation. This would directly contravene both the letter and the spirit of New Zealand's employment laws and you can bet the government is getting advice to this effect.
Old 15th August 2020, 16:04     #1042
MadMax
Stuff

Laugh

^ So, how's your sick leave ballance
Old 15th August 2020, 17:12     #1043
Lightspeed

Of course, I could only be talking about my own circumstances.

Many employers have the luxury of obscurity, get away with all kinds of bullying. But not those running facilities used for quarantine.
Old 15th August 2020, 17:56     #1044
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
^ So, how's your sick leave ballance
Wait - you mean I might have to use the 100 days I have saved up for cancer?
Old 16th August 2020, 13:32     #1045
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
Give them some inglorious role so that they're not being fired, but it's basically drudge work.
IIRC it's actually easier to simply fire someone.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 16th August 2020, 15:39     #1046
xor

hahahahahaaaaaaaaa incompetence!

I'm of the opinion that these lockdowns are going to cause a hell of a lot more damage to people then the direct deaths of 'Rona.

It's evident that quarantining people is a zero sum game because there's always some turkey who decides to make a break for it or some security guard who fucks an infected rooster.

It's also evident that there won't be a vaccine for this any time soon.

Based on things i've observed, i do not believe that hospitals have the capacity to handle current clinical operations as they are, i don't expect them to achieve any success with handling current ops as well as an increase of patients with 'Rona.

This isn't the first pandemic. Humanity isn't special. Nature is a cruel beast.
Old 16th August 2020, 19:36     #1047
bradman

heh. Dumbass.
Old 16th August 2020, 20:35     #1048
xor

I hope I am because I don't know what the plan is to eradicate this highly infectious virus. Perhaps a smarter brain such as you could unpack how this will be contained and life resumed to some sense of normality?
Old 16th August 2020, 20:53     #1049
bradman

Hah! Numbnuts like you might not realise that the plan is that you isolate people so they don't spread the virus. Do that enough an the virus dies out. Google polio. Although fucknuts that think like you and go anti-vac sort of wreck that sometimes.

I'm guessing if you were in the us you'd be a trumptard?

Dumbass
Old 16th August 2020, 21:28     #1050
xor

How's that isolating working out for NZ then? 100 days and now more infections sprung up. Will this carry on? How long will the govt intend to lock things down for?

What if more people get infected next month? Will they close down everything again? How will that scale out?

How do you even isolate against a virus that transmits through people via the air?
Old 16th August 2020, 21:48     #1051
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
How's that isolating working out for NZ then?
Very well. For three months no community infections, now only one cluster of infections caught early. We demonstrated to the world a liberal democracy can halt community transmission of the virus without draconian measures, hyperbole notwithstanding.

For three months we managed a quarantine, infected people arriving to NZ and only now has that been breached, resulting in a single cluster we've managed to catch early on. All evidence so far suggesting we'll contain this again.

Businesses in New Zealand are going to have to contend with a sharp global recession and they're going to have to adapt to business occasionally facing these restrictions. My bet is the recession is going to be the larger problem we'll face.
Old 16th August 2020, 22:02     #1052
bradman

Hah xor, your ma and pa still alive? your grandparents? Mmmm Sacrifice those mofos.

Look at how the us is going, winning covid at every shitty level - you keen on following them down the shit hole of history?

What planet you living on when you dont see the world view of NZ as one of the leaders in covid response.

Fucken moron. '100 days and now more infections sprung up' - yeah dumb fuck we're fighting a virus. 100 days was fkn awesome. 100 days of your relatives or friends not getting sick or dropping dead.

Dumbass.
Old 16th August 2020, 22:18     #1053
xor

Thanks for the response lightspeed. I hope you're right but I remain pretty skeptical. The thing I don't get though, it's highly contagious. Is self isolating or locking down going to work? Can the virus actually die out?

As for mr Bradman, you fail at answering some pretty relevent questions. Instead your responses consist of ramblings about Trump, calling me a dumbass etc without any real evidence. I didn't quite realise that questioning authorities decisions would make me a Trump supporter.
Old 16th August 2020, 22:21     #1054
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradman
Hah! Numbnuts like you might not realise that the plan is that you isolate people so they don't spread the virus. Do that enough an the virus dies out. Google polio. Although fucknuts that think like you and go anti-vac sort of wreck that sometimes.

I'm guessing if you were in the us you'd be a trumptard?

Dumbass
1999 wants its name calling back.
Old 16th August 2020, 22:29     #1055
bradman

Hah, thanks, appreciate the Compliment.
Old 16th August 2020, 22:33     #1056
bradman

What questions xor? It all seems self evident unless you're a fucken dumbass.
Old 16th August 2020, 22:45     #1057
bradman

Lay those fuckers out so I can clear it up for you.
Old 16th August 2020, 23:08     #1058
xor

Quote:
What questions xor? It all seems self evident unless you're a fucken dumbass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
How do you even isolate against a virus that transmits through people via the air?
Old 16th August 2020, 23:19     #1059
bradman

Is that it? Fucken evident ain't it, just what we've been successful at doing.

You able to lay your alternate plan out? You seem to have one...
Old 16th August 2020, 23:34     #1060
xor

How can you say NZ is successful when the nation hasn't contained it and is now identifying new cases?

Why would I have a plan? I'm just a dumbass remember? I only have questions. You're the person with the self evident answers that don't seem to warrant any further explanation other than: TRUMP, DUMBASS,SHIT HOLE"

Is your name Rick Giles?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B9MqNzQuuk
Old 16th August 2020, 23:34     #1061
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
The goal is to "flatten the curve" and stop hospitals from exceeding capacity.
our hospitals are full as soon as we hit level 2. Rest home residents can’t return to their rest homes and are stuck in hospitals.
Old 16th August 2020, 23:47     #1062
bradman

Geez xor you seem to have a bit of a raw anus over trumpy. I only mentioned the shit gibbon once, but its almost more of an issue than covid.

I ask what your plan is because you're moaning your tits off while NZ does its best to eradicate covid.

Are you a 'let it run wild and open up' type? We're seeing that play out in the US and Brazil. It ain't going well.
Old 17th August 2020, 00:03     #1063
xor

a) NZ hasn't identified all those who are infected as more cases are popping up.
b) NZ hasn't contained it, because after 100 days more cases are popping up.
c) you can't eradicate it because there is no vaccine.

GL, more people will continue to get infected. There is no answer, nobody has the answer.
Old 17th August 2020, 00:12     #1064
bradman

Heh, continue waaaahing on like a fucken baby, I think it makes you feel better, which is a good thing.

Diseases can be eradicated, do a bit of research on smallpox.

Anyway you do you, dumbass
Old 17th August 2020, 00:19     #1065
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
a) NZ hasn't identified all those who are infected as more cases are popping up.
b) NZ hasn't contained it, because after 100 days more cases are popping up.

GL, more people will continue to get infected. There is no answer, nobody has the answer.
1) Cases popping up are only within the known cluster.
2) NZ has contained the virus, the current strain is new to NZ, escaped from quarantine.
3) We previously eliminated the virus, we can do it again.

I get you don't understand how health science works. But it does work, it's why we don't die of diarrhoea any more.

Even if there was another cluster or multiple clusters, we wouldn't suddenly throw our hands up "nobody knooooows".
Old 17th August 2020, 06:45     #1066
pxpx

In some ways I'm glad bradman is posting again
Old 17th August 2020, 08:52     #1067
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Quote:
Diseases can be eradicated, do a bit of research on smallpox.
I'm not going to deep dive on smallpox, but the one thing I do know about smallpox (and a quick fact check on Wikipedia) was the fact that it was eradicated after inoculation, only after the cowpox link was found, only after vaccines were developed and made compulsory, and only after two million people were dying every year from it.

If you're waiting for a vaccine, a government mandated vaccination program, and two million dying annually, 50 million cases annually, you're in for a world of hurt.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 17th August 2020 at 08:53.
Old 17th August 2020, 13:51     #1068
xor

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Old 17th August 2020, 13:57     #1069
Lightspeed

Is that what you think people go to university for? To learn a good story?

How does your computer work? Obviously you're not trusting people to have any capacity for knowledge, understanding, so humans can't have built it. Is it aliens? Or ghosts from the future?
Old 17th August 2020, 14:17     #1070
xor

I just don't see how you can contain a virus that is highly infectious and I'm questioning how capable this lock down will be. I guess time will tell, and it seems another 9 cases today shows how difficult it is to contain.
Old 17th August 2020, 14:27     #1071
Lightspeed

How do you make sense of the three months without transmission, after having thousands of infections and nearly two dozen deaths? Why did people stop dying?
Old 17th August 2020, 14:37     #1072
Nich

Globally people stopped dying partly because the treatment for SARS-COV1 stopped being applied to patients with SARS-COV2.
Old 17th August 2020, 15:40     #1073
Lightspeed

People stopped dying completely in New Zealand. There was no one in hospital getting treatment for ncov symptoms.

Unless people share Brownlee's interest in a series of facts?
Old 17th August 2020, 16:13     #1074
Lightspeed

Covid-19: Bloomfield on back foot over border tests

Quote:
There was now a dedicated testing team with extended hours working at the Ports of Auckland, with a new team going into Tauranga Port and set to expand in the coming days.
A concern I have is where is this expertise being pulled from? I don't think NZ has much slack in availability of trained medical staff and lab techs.
Old 17th August 2020, 17:08     #1075
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I just don't see how you can contain a virus that is highly infectious and I'm questioning how capable this lock down will be. I guess time will tell, and it seems another 9 cases today shows how difficult it is to contain.
Question. Where do you live? Interested to see where you are getting your opinions from.

A case today did not neccesarily get it yesterday. They may have got it last week, and got tested today Or was a family member of someone that got sick.

You don't suddenly go "ok we found this cluster that have it so we will no longer have anymore cases".
It does take time to get those cases out, and if you paid any attention to NZ response last time, you can see that works.

If NZ had completely shut down its borders after the last lockdown - and I mean completely shut it down, no people, no cargo, no goods etc - then it would have been eradicated.
This latest cluster was not from the disease just silently hanging around for 14 weeks to suddenly jump again.

If the entire world had of done a similar thing for 6 weeks, it would be gone.
Old 17th August 2020, 17:43     #1076
xor

I live in Queensland and work in the healthcare sector.
Old 17th August 2020, 20:31     #1077
Lightspeed

And your senior leadership isn't the kind that endears respect, hence why you fear "there is no answer, nobody has the answer"?
Old 17th August 2020, 21:10     #1078
xor

Pretty much. I've just finished up reading Pale Rider by Laura Spinney which has been eye opening.

I guess time will tell, I hope that isolation works but I remain pretty skeptical about the whole thing. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 17th August 2020, 22:25     #1079
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Man, I've had that in my to-read list for about 3 years.
Old 17th August 2020, 23:20     #1080
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
The director-general of health says a miscommunication is to blame for the prime minister claiming quarantine facility workers were being tested for Covid-19 weekly, when routine testing was yet to be rolled out.

Ashley Bloomfield, reluctant to criticise either his political masters or health officials, on Monday said there was a “dissonance” between Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern’s expectation and what was actually happening on the ground.

"There was clearly a dissonance between what the prime minister thought was happening and what was happening on the ground, but it doesn't mean we weren't providing full information through. So, it may be in the way the information was communicated," Bloomfield said.
pLeAsE sEe SlIdE dEcK aTtAcHeD