Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11th May 2013, 23:55     #34161
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
Something freedom something security something something deserve neither. Tbh. pretty worn out by all the care.

Meh. Fuck my life.
Haaaahaha yeah ok buddy.

A band famous for not wanting anyone to record their shows, performing in a private arena, insists those people who are granted access to said private arena are checked for recording equipment before they are granted access, is neither a question of freedom or security.

Also jesus was this your first big rock show or what? Not being patted down would have been surprising.
Old 12th May 2013, 00:04     #34162
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Hooker With a Penis or Opiate. Anyone going tonight? Because I'm fairly certain, given the trend in Australian shows, one or both of those will make an appearance.
Called it. Man I would have loved to have seen Hooker live :/
Old 12th May 2013, 18:12     #34163
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
Wouldn't submit to a pat down search. Barred entry. No more concerts for me. Patted down. Seriously?
Sitting in a car park waiting for friends. Too wasted to function remotely socially. Which sucks.

Gmg. Cause i know who really loses out most. But , Fuck them.
Pretty daft decision on your part TBH, but hey, you wanna chop your nose off to spite your face... more power to ya.
Old 13th May 2013, 21:48     #34164
MadMax
Stuff

lol @ more power
Old 14th May 2013, 08:17     #34165
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Are you meaning... lack of laughter?
Old 14th May 2013, 13:00     #34166
Lightspeed

The dude did say he was too wasted to socially function. It's not like he's saying he was all about standing up for some great ideal of personal freedoms.
Old 14th May 2013, 14:40     #34167
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
lol @ more power
can you do the world a favor and teabag a bear trap pls?
Old 14th May 2013, 15:07     #34168
Lightspeed

Laugh

Keep up the good work MadMax, you rustle jimmies like I only wish I could.
Old 14th May 2013, 18:57     #34169
MadMax
Stuff

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
Are you meaning... lack of laughter?
no. the saying cracks me up as it's often used overseas in advertising. use our condoms. more power.
Old 15th May 2013, 10:02     #34170
xor

Getting called when you're not oncall sucks, especially when you're just about to go to sleep and chilled out. Took me an hour to fix but about 3hours for my brain to chill out.
Old 15th May 2013, 12:25     #34171
n3><Ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Getting called when you're not oncall sucks, especially when you're just about to go to sleep and chilled out. Took me an hour to fix but about 3hours for my brain to chill out.
Work phone when not on call lives its whole life on silent with vibratoni
Old 15th May 2013, 13:28     #34172
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3><Ro
vibratoni
Sounds like pseudoscience gym equipment.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 15th May 2013, 13:35     #34173
CCS
Stunt Pants

Vibratoni? Isn't he a soccerfootball player? I think he died on the pitch once but played on after a penalty was handed out.
Old 20th May 2013, 19:18     #34174
Savage

Crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I feel your pain. I have taken over a role that makes me the primary escalation point for the client I support. I am permanently on call. The team I look after are fairly awesome at looking after things, but I inevitably get three or four calls per week (minimum).

On the upside, my Annual Leave is untouched, as I have so much time in lieu building up.

GMG
"Qualified HP engineer guy" gets called to site to swap a failed disk in a RAID5 array in our clients SAN. He finds a second disk with a prefailure alert on it, and rather than call us to advise, he proceeds to pulls both disks simultaneously without noting the relative ports or serial numbers, and leaves site without calling to update us on any of this

Its going to be a long night, thanks engineer guy.

Last edited by Savage : 20th May 2013 at 19:20.
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:23     #34175
StN
I have detailed files

GMG that the (male) change of life kicks in after I have bought a Nespresso machine.

Ever wandered through an Airport shop looking for a quick tasty snack that has no Sodium? Near impossible I say. And dried Goji berries taste nothing like the dried strawberries that they look like.

If I ask nicely the local might get Amstel light on tap.

I still blame the inaction of EQC for this, and after a quick read of my OIA docs, I can see how!
Old 23rd May 2013, 18:46     #34176
[Malks] Pixie

Finally manage to catch a break that will allow us to even out our financial side of things... and the cat gets sick :-(

Pixie
Old 23rd May 2013, 23:26     #34177
MadMax
Stuff

Tasty

What does cat food cost you?
Old 24th May 2013, 00:17     #34178
p01s0n

Quote:
Old 24th May 2013, 07:22     #34179
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
More than we can really afford at the moment :-(

I'm just dreading having to take him to possibly the vet - that's a cost that could literally break us at the moment.

<sigh>

He seems better this morning though...

Pixie
Old 24th May 2013, 09:06     #34180
CCS
Stunt Pants

You could always not take him to the vet.
Old 24th May 2013, 11:15     #34181
hsh

When I was little my dad discovered a cat would everyday get into our warehouse and piss on various products so he trapped it, put it into a sack, bashed it over the head with a piece of 4x2 and threw it into the harbour. Problem solved. Are you a cat person Pixie?
Old 24th May 2013, 11:16     #34182
p01s0n

Old 24th May 2013, 12:02     #34183
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsh
When I was little my dad discovered a cat would everyday get into our warehouse and piss on various products so he trapped it, put it into a sack, bashed it over the head with a piece of 4x2 and threw it into the harbour. Problem solved. Are you a cat person Pixie?
Whoah - Is that you Sam?
Old 24th May 2013, 12:44     #34184
CCS
Stunt Pants

Stupid hippy woman on Breakfast this morning used the word 'disingenius'. Now, she was referring to Nick Smith so maybe it was a deliberate malapropism.
Old 24th May 2013, 14:08     #34185
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsh
Are you a cat person Pixie?
Yeah I am. Well he seems to have sorted himself out - had probably eaten something (insect) that didn't agree with him. So no vet bill - yay!

Pixie
Old 24th May 2013, 14:12     #34186
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
Yeah I am. Well he seems to have sorted himself out - had probably eaten something (insect) that didn't agree with him. So no vet bill - yay!

Pixie
Monarch Butterflys are good for that.
Old 24th May 2013, 14:42     #34187
xor

When service desks create problems, not resolve them.
Old 24th May 2013, 19:13     #34188
MadMax
Stuff

Not sure if related, But I'm loving the helpdesk software we put in a while back. Oh crap that guys drive is at 99% ... What the hell how did those machines end up with the same license of office ... Omg that pc only has 256meg of ram?!
Old 24th May 2013, 19:29     #34189
Luse

Suggested a simple security change to prevent DISASTER-X happening last week. Customer knows best and goes into a 'don't tell me how to to my job you don't know what you are talking about' rant.

A week later and I'm working after hours to fix damage caused by DISASTER-X which came about partly because our suggestion was ignored.
Old 24th May 2013, 19:32     #34190
MadMax
Stuff

now i'm wondering, why isn't that an oiler seeing that you'd be getting paid ah rates + bonus told-you-so points?
Old 24th May 2013, 19:49     #34191
Shazam

Because some people have better things to be doing than working after hours? Especially on shit that was preventable.

My grind: people posting pics of their extremely premature babies on Facebook. Cannot unsee
Old 24th May 2013, 20:45     #34192
MadMax
Stuff

oh look another facebook grinder
Old 24th May 2013, 20:57     #34193
Luse

I get time in Lieu instead of monetary compensation for giving up my Friday night.

Edit: Still here too

Edit 2: Yeah, I know its stupid.

Last edited by Luse : 24th May 2013 at 21:01.
Old 28th May 2013, 13:35     #34194
CCS
Stunt Pants

Idiots who still don't realise that the give way rule has changed a while ago. This was just a plain T intersection. What the hell man?

Also, massive faggot (different car) driving a silver Peugot with the license plate LECOUP who likes to park in disabled parking spots so he doesn't get wet. Fucking arrogant french cunt.
Old 28th May 2013, 13:43     #34195
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Being asked to do thing-where-technical-details-are-critically-important by a person who doesn't have a fucking clue about the requirements. HELP ME TO HELP YOU MOTHERFUCKER!
Old 28th May 2013, 21:31     #34196
[Malks] Pixie

My laptop is falling apart - not in some metaphorical sense but actually losing screws and having panels bending off it...

Pixie
Old 28th May 2013, 21:33     #34197
MadMax
Stuff

you should see what happens to unibody laptop screws when it gets bent
Old 30th May 2013, 12:17     #34198
Lightspeed

http://www.3news.co.nz/Concern-sex-w...6/Default.aspx

There are plenty of children in South Auckland whose lives are fucked right now. I think this councilor and the media are more wound up about the kind of sex people are having than the well being of children.
Old 31st May 2013, 13:59     #34199
xor

Friday seems to be a day for outages. 3rd Friday in a row where an outage has completely taken over my shit.
Old 31st May 2013, 14:22     #34200
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

^^ outage outrage.