Old 24th September 2008, 20:08     #3402
CCS
Stunt Pants

5.9 gig of which will suck.
Old 24th September 2008, 20:31     #3403
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

cellphonage

Is there ANYTHING Microsoft can't fuck up?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/laptops/a...216094448.html
Old 24th September 2008, 20:45     #3404
CCS
Stunt Pants

What, Microsoft was supposed to go to the production company and say "Hey, do you edit on an Apple? You do? Can you edit on a PC instead? You can't? Get a PC! You can't? Well... fuck you, we're going to someone who edits on a PC"

Later...

"Yeah, so uhh... the only people editing on PCs were dickholes who edit in their garage. Make ad pls."
Old 25th September 2008, 09:45     #3405
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Anyone get anything decent from 1-day's crap sale? My "bag of crap" was a box of 12 8-packs of "lunchbox logs" which, considering how much fruit they supposedly contain, are remarkably tasteless.
Old 25th September 2008, 11:05     #3406
BillHague

Can anyone recommend a brand of pickled jalapeños? I'm looking for very crunchy, with a reasonable kick.

I would post this in the cooking forum, but... you know.
Old 25th September 2008, 11:12     #3407
Ajax
Architeuthis

I thought the MS Seinfeld campaign was amusing personally, but I can definitely see why middle America hated it. Would have loved to be in the meeting for the initial pitch.
Old 25th September 2008, 11:38     #3408
StN
I have detailed files

I wonder if the third one will ever see the light of day.
Old 25th September 2008, 13:09     #3409
crocos

SCORE! Co-worker just gave me his iPod Mini because he upgraded to a Touch

^_^

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 25th September 2008, 13:13     #3410
StN
I have detailed files

I believe you are now hanging out for this worker to touch you...
Old 25th September 2008, 13:52     #3411
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
5.9 gig of which will suck.
pretty much but not quite to that extreme. it sounds like i was real trigger happy with the camera, but a few of the shots were taken by my other half, and some are of the same item with settings changed between shots, etc. going through them for uploading is going to be fun.
Old 25th September 2008, 14:13     #3412
MadMax
Stuff

http://www.anzgraduates.co.nz/?newsID=97455

sif
Old 25th September 2008, 14:28     #3413
joker999

http://www.asianoffbeat.com/screensh...Restaurant.jpg
Old 25th September 2008, 14:36     #3414
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
That's really quite LOLtastic given that they're asking for voluntary redundancies. Admittedly that's only from their (now muthafucking HUGE since buying Nat) branch network though.

Last edited by crocos : 25th September 2008 at 14:37.
Old 25th September 2008, 15:47     #3415
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Is there ANYTHING Microsoft can't fuck up?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/laptops/a...216094448.html
Wait, so Chopra writes an article on nuclear weapons and says it was good to sell more iPods as they're entertaining and harmless, and this makes him a mac lover? Pharrell Williams owns an iPod and this makes him a mac lover?

And you reckon the NZ Herald has shitty reporting? Me thinks you need to take that mac iPatch off there Si.
Old 25th September 2008, 15:56     #3416
Baal

Someone who has PS skillz shop a beret onto a pic of Ab, stat!
Old 25th September 2008, 16:12     #3417
CCS
Stunt Pants

What, like a commie beret or a mime beret or a Jamie Hynemann beret? WHAT?
Old 25th September 2008, 16:17     #3418
Baal

Mime!
Old 25th September 2008, 16:18     #3419
Helious

Old 25th September 2008, 16:21     #3420
CCS
Stunt Pants

Thanks Helious, that's really... yeah.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:23     #3421
Helious

Old 25th September 2008, 16:27     #3422
crocos

Really attractive looking red X right thar!

(Though possibly it's work's poxy proxy)

EDIT: zootoday.com? Yep it's the proxy.

Old 25th September 2008, 16:28     #3423
Helious

:p I just tried 3 other browsers and it works fine ;)
Old 25th September 2008, 16:39     #3424
Sp0nge

lol @:
- no poofy in back
- no poofy over left ear
Old 25th September 2008, 16:47     #3425
Helious

No "Poofy"~
classic
Old 25th September 2008, 20:22     #3426
Torka

http://www.forbes.com/home/2008/09/...923bailout.html
Quote:
..."The secretary and the administration need to know that what they have sent to us is not acceptable," says Committee Chairman Chris Dodd, D-Conn. The committee's top Republican, Alabama Sen. Richard Shelby, says he's concerned about its cost and whether it will even work.

In fact, some of the most basic details, including the $700 billion figure Treasury would use to buy up bad debt, are fuzzy.

"It's not based on any particular data point," a Treasury spokeswoman told Forbes.com Tuesday. "We just wanted to choose a really large number."
Old 25th September 2008, 21:13     #3427
JP

Is there any way to find the file path of processes in your system tray? Or in Task Manager > Processes? I've got some random shit in my sys tray that I can't get rid of nor locate.
Old 25th September 2008, 21:25     #3428
Haydos

Not conventionally, download Windows Process Explorer to get more info on the shit running.
Old 25th September 2008, 21:41     #3429
dylan
Huh?

If it's a process that's starting up when you boot and is showing in your system tray, msconfig will almost certainly tell you the full path of where it's loading from.
Old 26th September 2008, 09:43     #3430
Yoda

State of Kentucky Seizes Control of 141 Domain Names

Quote:
... a district judge in the State of Kentucky has awarded control of 141 online gambling domain names to the governor of the state. Most of these are hosted offshore, and very few are registered under US domain name registrars, let alone registrars in the State of Kentucky (are there any?).
What the fuck. That better get overturned quick if it's true.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:10     #3431
Kryten

bye bye GPstore, this is one step too far for me to keep shopping with you.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:10     #3432
BloodDonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
State of Kentucky Seizes Control of 141 Domain Names

What the fuck. That better get overturned quick if it's true.

wonder if that yanks considered the flipside of such actions is that the Chinese could use the same actions to seize 1/10 the domains out there

Old 26th September 2008, 11:11     #3433
BloodDonor

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/08/09/25/1822207.shtml

Quote:
"The Florida Supreme Court has approved Judge Dava Tunis' recommendations for the permanent disbarment of John B. "Jack" Thompson, with no leave to reapply and $43,675.35 in disciplinary costs. The ruling is a step up from the enhanced disbarment that had been suggested by the prosecution, which would have forbidden him from reapplying for ten years. Thompson has 30 days to appeal the ruling before the disbarment is permanent."
good job

Old 26th September 2008, 11:34     #3434
Asriel

from the wiki article
Quote:
Thompson said, "I have sent my opponents pictures of Batman to remind them I'm playing the role of Batman. Just like Bruce Wayne helped the police in the movie, I have had to assist the sheriff of Broward County." He also wore a Batman wristwatch
haha that guy is crazy.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:39     #3435
BloodDonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
mighty ape? R O F L

Old 26th September 2008, 11:41     #3436
p01s0n

Massive post from another forum, thought it would be worth a share.

Quote:
You know you're one of my top bros, bro, because you got my back. And I got yours. You're my bro. But you went above and beyond the other night, bromaldehyde. You really did. Saving me that seat at the Velvet Revolver show, even though all those other bros were trying to get up front, bro? So clutch.

You are truly a god among bros.

Just when I think you're as solid as a bro can get, you raise the very definition of brodom to new heights. You're like a brogle, soaring to the farthest reaches of the atbrosphere. Seriously. If it weren't for you and your extreme brobility to hook a bro up when it is most croosh, I'd have been stuck in some bitch-ass seat, cramped all in the corner with a bunch of bitch-asses, bro. But you stepped up. You brovercame all obstacles to help a bro out. This is the kind of shit that makes bros for life.

Brody, I was so stoked when you told Gina to go eat a fat one after she asked if she could have your other ticket, even though you knew you could probably get a pretty deese HJ from her. Bros before hos, bro. That's what I'm talking about.

You are the king of all bros. Brotankhamen. You are the Ayatollah Bromeini. You are Broseidon, lord of the brocean.

But this is just one of many times you've fallen on a grenade for me, brozo. Who took the blame when I broke Skeeter's bong and fucking Skeeter was all fucking pissed? You, bro. Who was the first to bro up and carry that fucking keg of Killian's up four flights of stairs for Duke's surprise party? You, bro. Who was the only Bromo sapien on the planet to tell me he thought the brand-new rims on my F-350 were the shit even though everyone else was all, like, fucking not that excited about them? Bro, you know it was you. You're my broheim supremo, bro, and don't you ever forget it.

I'm so fucking glad we're bros, bro!

I've long admired your absolute broficiency in all things bro-related, and the way you've always carried yourself in a brofessional manner. I consider you a brole model. When I was new in this town, you took me under your wing and showed me the bropes. And I will always preesh that. Not only did you school me in proper brotocol, but you were a spiritual leader, a confidant, and, more importantly, a bro. You taught me how to be true to my inner bro and to bros around me. You are a real bro. Not a fake bro, like those other douches. I hate fake bros, bro. Faux breaux. Fuck that. No, really, bro…you're practically a bro-ther to me.

Look at you, blasting in like Rambro and firing off your launcher like nobrody's business, bro. Serious Brotosaurus Rex action. Brodius Maximus. I'm not big on labels, but you, more than any of the wiggers, bitches, goth chicks, dorks, homos, or Mexicans I know, are absolutely beyond rebroach.

In fact, your brotitude is so brossential that, in many ways, you are the ultimate brototype: You sprung out of the brotean ooze at the very broment of creation, unformed, unmolded, and became the ultimate bro, more powerful than any who came brofore. I don't fear your power, bro, but I respect it. And I will always brobey it.

Brosemite Sam. Potassium Bromide. Brobi Wan Kenobi. Brover Norquist.

Like Broseph Stalin, you are leading the way to the dictatorship of the broletariate. It is truly revbrolutionary. Like the Bro v. Wade of our generation. You brobliterate the enemy from the very peak of Mt. Brolympus. That's some shit. That's brolific. But that's the kind of bro you are.

Bro-S.A.! Bro-S.A.! I'm so pumped right now! Bro-S.A.!

You are the epitome of bro, in every brossible way, and that's the Bro's honest truth, bro. I may have a bropensity for broverstatement, but this no mere hyperbrole: You are 100 brocent, absbrolutely the broest. Brotally.

I wish I had the words to describe what a good friend you are, dude
Old 26th September 2008, 11:42     #3437
Cyberbob

Re: Thompson... Good fucking job, that guy has been a fucking nutbar for years
Old 26th September 2008, 11:58     #3438
Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
On the upside, it's nice to have a site that's looks like it's going to give decent info on upcoming books and release dates for NZ.

Very Amazon though.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:59     #3439
Draco T Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodDonor
mighty ape? R O F L
Yeah, they could have come up with a better name.
Old 26th September 2008, 12:36     #3440
BloodDonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco T Bastard
Yeah, they could have come up with a better name.

reminds me of that whitcoulls online book store... what was it, the pink elephant or something?