Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 30th January 2024, 19:13     #11801
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
But Newtonian thinking works perfectly well in almost every situation. How many situations can you think of where an Einsteinian model of spacetime solves a problem that Newtonian physics doesn't?
It isn't about maximising kids' ability to work in the current environment where, yes, Newton is largely enough. The point is the next breakthru beyond Einstein.

Kids learning at school thinking in Newton have a hurdle to overcome just to get to Einstein. The earlier we correct this notion in children, the less they'll have to unravel to think in Einstein.

Kids growing up without needing to do this internal translation from Newton to Einstein are going to be the ones most able to take us beyond Einstein.

I suspect the lack of demand of Einsteinian thinking is a consequence of our tech and engineering being stuck in the Newtonian era.
Old 6th March 2024, 11:50     #11802
StN
I have detailed files

I've seen many a YouTube maker get instance Superglue adhesion using a magic spray - it's pricey, but crikey, does it work a treat. Good for fixing up 3D prints, or just anywhere where you want superglue to set rock hard right-bloody-now.

Available at Mighty Ape, Dick Smith and hobby stores (But no big box hardware places???)
Old 10th March 2024, 13:14     #11803
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN

I've seen many a YouTube maker get instance Superglue adhesion using a magic spray - it's pricey, but crikey, does it work a treat. Good for fixing up 3D prints, or just anywhere where you want superglue to set rock hard right-bloody-now.

Available at Mighty Ape, Dick Smith and hobby stores (But no big box hardware places???)
Pretty sure I've seen something like this at Bunnings?

But yeah, it's great - apply CA glue on one part, let get a tiny bit tacky, quick squirt of this stuff on the other, smush together, you now only have one part where you had two separate parts before.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 12th March 2024, 08:14     #11804
MadMax
Stuff

Cunning linguist

Our new spam filter. Any false negatives warrant a ticket being opened.

Shitty Chinese spam be gone.
Old 14th March 2024, 12:21     #11805
xor

Hearing about my oldest son getting into another fight with several bogans and dropping one of them with a gut punch.

I mean, i don't want my boy to get into a fight. But, i'm glad he can handle himself against a bunch of future eshays.
Old 14th March 2024, 15:42     #11806
wazza
*flex*

gang gang