Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 16th May 2003, 02:47     #1
blur^

Reloaded *no spoilers*

awesome movie!

!!!!!!

love the twists, especially loved seeing shit that i did in the game in the movie!

rock on revolutions~!!!

wooooooot

damn 3am... /me crashes

[edit: just merging the masses of threads, don't mind me ]

Last edited by LordP : 16th May 2003 at 09:46.
Old 16th May 2003, 02:47     #2
chiQ
Frag-muff

Thumbs up The Matrix: Reloaded

Secksie. Apart from the stupid "Love conquers all" crap it rocked.
Old 16th May 2003, 02:48     #3
Boofhead

woot matrix :D!
Old 16th May 2003, 02:48     #4
fobski

Reloaded = win

fuck it owned in the megascreen

apart from the one over powered speaker

and the fucknut with the laser pen

stay till the end of the credits, and see the trailer for the next movie

im of to bed for four hours sleep, then work
Old 16th May 2003, 02:48     #5
blur^

hahah just beat me to the thread

Old 16th May 2003, 02:52     #6
Uncle Gus

It was good, but there were some disappointments.

Why were the fighting scenes so long? Don't get me wrong, I like a good fight, but after a while it just got ridiculous. I mean, how many times can you hit a guy and watch him get up again, over and over with no damage being done. (I'm referring predominantly to Smiths fight here) Why didn't he just fly away at the start?

The CGI was a quite easy to pick, but that's just a trivial issue.

The plot was a lot messier and more obtuse than the first, which was quite a tidy little bundle.

I dunno, maybe this movie will be "the middle movie," a bit like "The Empire Strikes Back."
Old 16th May 2003, 02:54     #7
blur^

because fight scenes are the win

and it owned, you just dont want to admit it :P
Old 16th May 2003, 02:55     #8
Torka

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Gus
I dunno, maybe this movie will be "the middle movie," a bit like "The Empire Strikes Back."
What do you mean? Most SW fans agree TESB was the best of the trilogy.
Old 16th May 2003, 02:55     #9
kokain

yep, loved the fight scenes, the special effects were top notch
Old 16th May 2003, 02:57     #10
Mr Melon
My spoon is too big!

Yeah those fight scenes were really cool.. actually most of the action scenes were really cool

And not having to queue up to get in was all good too.
Old 16th May 2003, 03:03     #11
BaM
Freeloader

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Melon
not having to queue up to get in was all good too.
Yay Cinelounge (ta mike).
Old 16th May 2003, 03:24     #12
Trigger
Laserman

Not having to wait in line and being abused by those who were first as you walk past being let in by the manager (at Readings in Welly) = the win

movie fucking rocked!
the plot thickens
I don't think many people got it... but holy jesus! I got NO idea what the hell will happen next. It's quite insane if other humans realise. The battle for Zion will change drastically
after the movie I was kind of approaching random people and some people I knew, the discussion was mainly 'hey did you get that' and they go yeah then I explain it and they go 'woah!'

so awesome

--------- SPOILER SPOILER------------
highlight the text to read

---------SPOILER PLOT DISCUSSION ETC--------

The Matrix within a Matrix is fucking insane. No wonder it took many Matrixes to figure that out for the machines... not many people wake up TWICE. Zion is just a training simulation for the machines. When Neo spoke to 'The Matrix creator' he said this is the 6th time they ran through the simulation and they're getting better at beating humans. Pretty awesome. Can't wait to see the movie again tomorrow to put the pieces together some more. The phrase for this movie can be changed to "There is no Zion".

Last edited by Trigger : 16th May 2003 at 03:26.
Old 16th May 2003, 03:27     #13
Uncle Gus

Snore

Oh! Dude! That totally clicks it! I was trying to pick up on what the dude was saying, trying to put it together, but my ass was hurting way too much. It makes total sense now. That's why Neo was able to stop the sentinels... of course....

/me goes to bed.
Old 16th May 2003, 03:36     #14
Bat@Work

Was a good film..
Although I felt parts dragged on..
And didnt like some of the Zion parts..
and the fight with agent smith dragged a bit..
and it didnt really look like Keanu doing that fight in the slow mo
(not really spoilers cause its in the shorts for the film newayz
Im just being critical cause im fukin tired tho
Old 16th May 2003, 03:55     #15
Boofhead

how was that shot where neo picks up morpheus and the that other dude in the middle of the explosion....
Old 16th May 2003, 04:02     #16
eNergiZer

WOAH what a mind trip. Trying to think about it makes my head hurt.

What a huge turn out, I didn't think it would be so big. Got my tickets a couple weeks back and thought yeh it might be sold out, didn't realise they were playing the movie in every theatre (Village Newmarket) It was still sold out. We thought yeh probably a good idea to turn up early, got there at 11, there's a crowd on the street. Had to wait ages as other people were coming out from some other movie. Then we got let in, everyone was running up the stairs, queued up in the snake ropey thing. The announcer says ok check your tickets all those without cinema 5 on their ticket get out of the queue, hahahaha. That got us up near the front, so we could get good seats
Still took ages, one guy had the right idea, he bought along his laptop and was playing games or watching movies while waiting, could't quite see.

In there waiting for the movie to start, there's at least 2 people with laptops, one of whom was playing animatrix with sound, was attracting a crowd. Then he got marched out, hahaha, wonder what happened to him.

Anyways the movie, bloody awesome. Couldn't believe another Maori got into a hollywood blockbuster, what a crackup hearing his voice. What did he say again though? And those Tatoos in the crowd.

Maybe not the best enviroment to watch it, as it got reaallly hot towards the end, and with noise and so on, but couldn't take away from a great movie.

-------SPOILERS---------

Yeh I suspected it was matrix within a matrix, but why did Neo go into a coma? Still trying to work it out. So many other questions.
Old 16th May 2003, 06:21     #17
Lightspeed

I'm intriged by this, how you say? Matrix.
Old 16th May 2003, 08:30     #18
Estranged Inc
Casualty of Society

Matrix Reloaded * WITH SPOILERS* (you are warned)

I liked 99.99% of the movie. Everything was awesome ...

except: the Trinity 'dieing' scene.

That was cheesy.

Nice one-liners too, nice to have a bit of humour.
Old 16th May 2003, 08:33     #19
ZuldaN

COME ON 3PM!!

Stupid flow of time, how I hate you.
Old 16th May 2003, 09:00     #20
Murphy

woohooo 4hrs of sleep now at work

I thought it was pretty good, it seemed to drag at the start.
But yeah a damn cool movie very cool.
Old 16th May 2003, 09:09     #21
borland

Quote:
woohooo 4hrs of sleep now at work
ditto. I'm feeling it, but it was well worth it.

I thought it had way less 'cool' appeal than the first one, and as such I can imagine a lot of the 'laymen' not liking it.
The story however, was wicked. The coolness lost from neo learning all about the matrix and his powers and stuff was infinitely superseded by the storyline and plot developments.

Reminded me of a few very good sci-fi books I read, in the respect that I got really hooked into the story.

GG matrix :-)
Old 16th May 2003, 09:10     #22
stryka

grr can't wait
either going today (if its not booked out) or tomorrow..
Old 16th May 2003, 09:19     #23
fobski

me = owned by four hours sleep

sleep at 3, up at 7

megascreen = wicked

did you guys stay around for the end and see the trailer for the next one

FUCKING MEAN
Old 16th May 2003, 09:23     #24
nostrom0

Thumbs up

I'm booked in for sunday. Can't wait.
Old 16th May 2003, 09:35     #25
borland

*BIG FUCKOFF SPOILERS*
then again you shouldn't be reading these kinds of threads if you don't want spoilers.

hmmm. I missed the bit where he said zion was a simulation.
My grasp on it was:

The current incarnation of the matrix (ie: based on human history etc) is by definition imperfect, so that 99% of the people accept it. I assume the other 1% don't, and end up in zion. Anyway, because it is imperfect, it has slight flaws etc. Neo (the anomaly) is an aggregate of the past period of tiny errors/anomalies, like an 'overflow' buffer for the matrix. As such, he is not confined by it's rules.
As the architect explained, he had 2 choices - merge the overflow back into the core - put it all back in synch, then chose 30 or so people to rebuild zion as a buffer again once the machines destroy it, (but leave trinity to die), or to go back in, try and save trinity and zion - even though not merging the overflow back into the core would cause the matrix to crash thereby killing everyone plugged into it - and the machines are going to destroy zion anyway. At no point did I catch anything about zion being a 'simulation' - but I was pretty tired so meh.

The bit where neo stopped the sentinels I thought had something to do with either this overflow, or the fact that agent smith took over that other guy, and was in the 'real world.' But come to think of it, the only way that neo or agent smith would be able to do that is if it were in fact a matrix in a matrix.

tricky shit O_o Have to wait for revolutions to find out I guess
Old 16th May 2003, 09:36     #26
borland

fuck I didn't stay.
I was buggered and went home to sleep

well I'll probably see it again, or the leak will come out on the net, will see it sometime soon anyway.
Old 16th May 2003, 09:38     #27
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Putting this in the Spoilers thread.
Old 16th May 2003, 09:38     #28
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Reloaded: The Matrix: Reloaded: Reloaded: Again: Matrix

Just thought there should be another thread about the movie. 5 just isn't enough.
Old 16th May 2003, 09:39     #29
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Quote:
Originally posted by Trigger in the other thread
The Matrix within a Matrix is fucking insane. No wonder it took many Matrixes to figure that out for the machines... not many people wake up TWICE. Zion is just a training simulation for the machines. When Neo spoke to 'The Matrix creator' he said this is the 6th time they ran through the simulation and they're getting better at beating humans. Pretty awesome. Can't wait to see the movie again tomorrow to put the pieces together some more. The phrase for this movie can be changed to "There is no Zion".
What are you smoking man? That's not the dealio - the 6th time aspect was that they had to recreate the Matrix 6 times and that each time they let people wake up and form Zion etc so that they would stay under control because while 99% of the population accepted the Matrix, the others didn't which caused anomalies. He says that they're getting really good at destroying Zion. It's not a simulation it's REAL practice.
Old 16th May 2003, 09:45     #30
Cyberbob

ok..

suggestion.. merge the threads so there is one with spoilers, and one without? two is plenty
Old 16th May 2003, 09:49     #31
LordP

Devil grin

Suggestion granted... though I think I've merged spoiler threads and non-spoiler threads somehow... ahh never mind
Old 16th May 2003, 09:57     #32
Cyberbob

fuck it
cheers p
Old 16th May 2003, 10:09     #33
cEvin
Love In Vein

absolute sack of shit.

multiple shit sacks with cherries on top.

special effects deluxxxe with piss poor dialogue and a bunch of wanky fight scenes.

give your $8 to someone who deserves it.
Old 16th May 2003, 10:41     #34
Pollsizer

I thought it was fantastic and will definitely see it again to try and pick up on some things I might have missed. Personally the movie got a lot better after the freeway scene when they got deeper into the plot and especially the Architect scene.
Really interested to know if the guy who tried to kill Neo before they left Zion was the agent in his dream, and what exactly happens with Agent Smith in the end.
Old 16th May 2003, 11:19     #35
Estranged Inc
Casualty of Society

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoon1
What are you smoking man? That's not the dealio - the 6th time aspect was that they had to recreate the Matrix 6 times and that each time they let people wake up and form Zion etc so that they would stay under control because while 99% of the population accepted the Matrix, the others didn't which caused anomalies. He says that they're getting really good at destroying Zion. It's not a simulation it's REAL practice.
I dunno. Both arguments could be right. Guess Revolutions will tell us all.
Old 16th May 2003, 11:21     #36
fobski

if you are reading this i take it you already have seen the movie or just dont give a fuck so

i reckon that the one is all planned in the matrix itself,an in built system flaw as you will, and that the architect is just justifying logical reasons for the ones

the cause, and effect

the cause of the matrix system faIlure is the one, the effect is a better matrix will be reborn, or that neo has been influenced byt the peoples attitude towards the matrix that he will just destroy it killing everything attached to the matrix, as remember the machinery that runs zion is attached to the matrix so if the matrix is destroyed so is earth

and basically the one is basically the admin of the matrix itself, it will either go to the source and begin "system maintenance and restoration" or will decide that enough is enough and that its time to terminate the entire programme

also things to consider in my "neo is the matrix admin"
a) zion is planned, meaning there will always be a cause for the unrest and so another neo will be created
b) different revisions of software are lurking everywhere in the matrix and by the whole thing terminating gets rid of rouge software...except those left in there for a purpose...the purpose to guide the one to the source....and so reboot the system and has a good clear out....
c)he can restarted terminated programmes i.e Trinity
d)also i agree with the matrix within a matrix and this adds to my admin theory more as since zion is planned by the machines and built for the purpose of having humans live there in order to assist in the regeneration of the one. i reckon that its a second matrix where instead of the human matrix we are in the machine matrix where it suits the machines ideals and abides by there rules, and so think of being unplugged from the human matrix as being transferred to the machine matrix,or being copied from one programme to another to be included in its running cycle as if you remember that traitor dude go his blood on neo which has some of smiths code/dna in it,the code was giving neo powers in the machine matrix, just like neo gave smith powers in the human matrix except in the human matrix its copied by smith with tha weird hand in the chest thing and changing code by force, but with smith as a human, its adapted to be transferred by blood

meaning neo will be the first to be able to control everything in the 2 matrix's
interesting aint it

also i think smith is the machines "one" thats why neo must terminate him in order for the 2 matrix's to combine and have one race (human or machine) to rule over the 2 combined matrix's

ughh my head hurtsssss

this has been a fob mind fuck presentation

al rights reserved
Old 16th May 2003, 11:33     #37
Dez

Cunning

*waits* for divx :D
Old 16th May 2003, 12:10     #38
EvilLumpy

Spoily?!

Fobski I think you're thinking about it wayyy too much

I mean, if they really meant half of the stuff you're suggesting then it would've been made more obvious (especially the part about the blood, I mean, that dude was just a psycho or something more sinister, gashing his hand as a part of that).

Yeah and that wanktard with the laser pointer really deserved the smash.

Anyway, here's my take:

There isn't actually a matrix within a matrix, because the architect would've said so, and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything.
He DID say that they've already wiped out Zion multiple times before but let them restart again to accomodate for the amount of people waking up with each incarnation of the matrix getting better and better because of the One, which is not so much as an anomoly, as a designed flaw that allows the Matrix to adapt through experience from a human point of view.
Which leads me to explain the whole I've-got-force-powers-outside-the-matrix thing. If he's created by the matrix specifically to be the one, PLANNED, so much, without his knowledge to do what he is 'destined' to do (Luke I am your father type shit), then why would he not be capable to bring down machines which are sent to destroy him who do not know he is the one? It's a self defense mechanism designed into the one by the architect/oracle to make sure their plans don't go awry.

I mean wouldn't it suck if all the time and effort they've invested into getting the one to the stage he was in with the whole overflow thing, to have his head chopped off by a 'squiddy' half an hour before hand?

Only makes sense I think.

To sum up, Neo is 'The One', designed by the matrix to allow them to learn and adapt and improve the matrix over several iterations. As for the other nutbar, I believe he's much the same as Neo but more like an anti-one. Hence his obvious cause of the EMP wave to make sure Zion will always fall and the fact he wasn't nabbed by squiddies (same reason why Neo can bring them down with a thought, and 'feel' them).

Holy Empire Strikes Back Batman!

But yeah, yummy movie
Old 16th May 2003, 12:13     #39
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
Originally posted by cEvin
absolute sack of shit.

multiple shit sacks with cherries on top.

special effects deluxxxe with piss poor dialogue and a bunch of wanky fight scenes.
Much like the first, then?
Old 16th May 2003, 12:31     #40
blur^

*spoiler*

i believe it was Bane? who was infected by Smith and tryed to take out Neo from behind in Xion, he is also the one who pre maturley detonated the emp on his captains ship which caused their plan to fail and most of their fleet to get wiped out,

it does not explain why he too is in a coma much like neo, im assuming smith became bane in the "real world" and whatever happened to neo happened to him.

I dont believe the matrix in a matrix thing, I just believe that after every version of the matrix, the one chose for the good of his race and took his 17 woman and couple boys and went and rebuilt Xion (and bred like rabbits). Which allowed the 1% to awaken and continue the fight against the machines. This would mean the "present" is much farther into the future then they believe.

But because Neo was in love with Trinity he took the other choice which apprently doomed the human race, and with the Xion fleet decimated, it will be very interesting "war" in Revolutions.

cant wait

and now im off to finish ETM, to see if Niobe and Ghost were with the main fleet when their plan failed and see if they survived