Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 18th April 2023, 13:00     #3241
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Dude why the fuck are you out and about doing shit if you only tested positive on the 13th and you’re still feeling physical symptoms?
based on when i first got symptons and the link to the literature you provided i am ok to return back to work.. last mon arvo i had symptons, tues onwards i was testing, thursday i popped.

mmm. i don't think avoiding exercise is the way forward. in my head my body is all locked up and retarded because i have been doing naught.

<3 <3
Old 18th April 2023, 13:12     #3242
Lightspeed

Rest is an important part of training waz!

Too much rest isn't going to harm you, but overdoing it might!
Old 18th April 2023, 13:23     #3243
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I'm still experiencing neurological symptoms 6 months later. Fuck this bug.
Old 18th April 2023, 17:19     #3244
wazza
*flex*

damn, sorry to read that.

this freaks me out - https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...e-to-walk.html
Old 18th April 2023, 17:46     #3245
Caesar

Out of curiosity Wazza did you have any of the Vax and or boosters?

Everyone I know from work who has had it says rest rest rest...
You definitely shouldn't be pushing yourself at the gym after having this bug.

Hope you get well soon dude.
Old 18th April 2023, 17:56     #3246
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

A doctor's visit is worth 1000 Google searches.

They might not have a solution, but may be able to rule out some of the things that you're concerned about. You're better off knowing you don't have X condition, than not knowing you have X condition.
Old 18th April 2023, 18:13     #3247
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

also, bleach and horse de-wormer
Old 18th April 2023, 18:21     #3248
Lightspeed

Perhaps an old sweaty sock?

https://v.redd.it/dp8eyjlrcmta1
Old 18th April 2023, 19:39     #3249
[LvN]N3misiS

I missed Christmas day due to Covid. Had two days of one of the worst headaches I have ever had. Felt like my head was full of broken glass. Also had body aches/fever. Over the next five days of my isolation I managed to ride 400km on my bike and did a 21km run. Kept it all low intensity (average ~110 HR). I had a slight running nose but no symptons from the neck down/lungs. YMMV. Seems everyone experience is very different.
Old 18th April 2023, 23:07     #3250
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I'm sorry - what?

Last time I heard, you guys trusted medical professionals, now when I suggest maybe Wazza should see one because things aren't right (and he's worried about things that you can find from googling), it's an opportunity to mock me?

Must be the brain fog kicking in from your modern science. Assholes.
Old 19th April 2023, 07:11     #3251
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
damn, sorry to read that.

this freaks me out - https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...e-to-walk.html
And PhysicsGirl doesn't seem to be getting better.
Old 19th April 2023, 08:04     #3252
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
Out of curiosity Wazza did you have any of the Vax and or boosters?
yeah, i have all my vax and the booster.
i didn't try and attend HIIT/Cardio this morning, would've just been a mess. i kinda don't see how the issues i'm experiencing will just go away.

guess i'll ride out this week and if i'm still retarded i will hit up the gp and follow the process. it's so bizarre to go from being able to do box jumps 1 day to being unable to do a simple star jump the next.

edit: i'm managing to walk up and down stairs without grabbing the rail, but i have to concentrate massively on each step, it's insane how mentally fatiguing it can be just to pull a leg up and keep it steady and place it back down.

Last edited by wazza : 19th April 2023 at 08:06.
Old 19th April 2023, 12:24     #3253
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
... and if i'm still retarded i will hit up the gp ...
Technically not politically incorrect?
Old 19th April 2023, 12:34     #3254
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I jumped off my chair a couple of days ago as my sense of balance glitched out. In a split second my dumb brain moved its perception of gravity 90deg clockwise, so all of a sudden instead of pulling me down gravity was pulling me left. And all my "you are falling over" alarms went off and I threw my head and shoulders to the right so I could get back upright, which of course I already was, hence why crash. Little things like that happen with disturbing frequency.
Old 19th April 2023, 13:07     #3255
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I jumped off my chair a couple of days ago as my sense of balance glitched out. In a split second my dumb brain moved its perception of gravity 90deg clockwise, so all of a sudden instead of pulling me down gravity was pulling me left. And all my "you are falling over" alarms went off and I threw my head and shoulders to the right so I could get back upright, which of course I already was, hence why crash. Little things like that happen with disturbing frequency.
so what's your buzz with that then? have you been to see anyone about it?

i rang my gp, and he's on leave for the next few weeks, i have an appointment for his return. my boss is pushing hard for me to go to A&E/hospital, which i might actually do because if there is some sort of neuropathy issue, perhaps irreversable damage is happening.. i was hoping i would wake up this morning and everything would just be ok.. life is cruel af
Old 19th April 2023, 14:35     #3256
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
so what's your buzz with that then? have you been to see anyone about it?
Yeah. Am doing a bunch of tests. What I'm experiencing is in the Long COVID symptoms list. If I didn't know better, I'd assume that I had been concussed recently. Short temper, sensitivity to bright light, I get startled easily by loud noises, occasional weirdness like the balance thing.
Old 19th April 2023, 16:28     #3257
StN
I have detailed files

It's like the AI B-tree decision distinguishing it from a hangover would be "Did you wake up on a pinball machine?"

I hope you guys find a way out. Sounds like a bastard place to be.
Old 20th April 2023, 07:50     #3258
wazza
*flex*

movement seems to be 50% better this morning. was walking up the stairs quite comfortably. i'm still having issues controlling the amount of pressure on my down step, it's a lot heavier than i'd like. for years i've fancied myself an assassin in another life because you couldn't hear me coming, but there's no chance of that at the minute, lulz.

showering seems quite a bit better, i'm not nearly falling over if i close my eyes. brushing my tooths is noticeably easier.

hopefully by next week i can jump, haha.

i was going to go to A&E/hospital today if the levels of retardation were still maxed out but i think i'll just see how i go.

updates to follow~
Old 20th April 2023, 08:01     #3259
blynk

You dont just have to only see you gp as well. Ask/book another GP at the clinic.

Yes your GP (might) know you and your background, but others can help
Old 22nd April 2023, 10:14     #3260
wazza
*flex*

Checked myself in to Middlemore Hospital. Will update
Old 22nd April 2023, 10:21     #3261
wazza
*flex*

Well I've already skipped everyone else waiting and have my own room / bed. That was fast
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:34     #3262
StN
I have detailed files

Be well old chap.
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:40     #3263
wazza
*flex*

Lumbar puncture time. They want my spinal fluid.
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:46     #3264
wazza
*flex*

They're focusing on Guillain–Barré syndrome
Old 22nd April 2023, 14:13     #3265
Lightspeed

Sad

Quote:
Lumbar puncture time. They want my spinal fluid.
Oowwee.

Get well mate.
Old 22nd April 2023, 17:13     #3266
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Jesus. Congrats wazza, you're the first to be hospitalised, achievement unlocked. All the best.
Old 22nd April 2023, 17:15     #3267
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

This is spinal tap

Good luck bro, fingers crossed.
Old 22nd April 2023, 17:46     #3268
wazza
*flex*

On my first round of IVIG treatment. 7 x 200ml Intragam P over 7ish hours, Then I have another IVIG treatment tomorrow for the same amount/duration.

bloods were good, spinal fluid showed the elevation of proteins they expected to see for GBS.
Old 22nd April 2023, 18:25     #3269
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Well I've already skipped everyone else waiting and have my own room / bed. That was fast
You know it’s serious when the nurse in A&E take one look at you and buzzes you straight in.
Old 22nd April 2023, 21:50     #3270
_indigo1

Hey wazz,

I deal with many many many people who have developed these sorts of things post vaccine or post COVID.

We have a model for why these things occur. There are some things that you should give attention to which the mainstream docs have not cottoned onto yet.

If they are talking about GBS, it sounds to me like your hypoxia inducible factor is on and likely hepcidin is on too.

In the model we work to both of these lead to latent viral reactivation which can cause symptoms that mainstream meds scratch their head at and blame on autoimmune stuff.

You may also have some small fiber neuropathy going on - again caused by latent viral reactivation.

Get them to test your LDH, D-Dimer, IFN-y, HPV AB, HHV AB, EBV EBNA IgG + IgM, EBV VCA IgG + IgM, EBV EA-D

Without sounding too dire, this situation can progress in a bad way if you don't knock the right things on the head - and sadly many of the mainstream docs treat it as an acute situation and not a chronic/holistic one.

Drop me a line if you want and I can talk more to you about what you can do to get a bead on this along side the letting the mainstream docs do their thing. I'll PM you my email.
Old 22nd April 2023, 21:54     #3271
_indigo1

Hmm. Is your hotmail email still the one? I'll try it, but I suspect not.
Old 22nd April 2023, 21:58     #3272
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I'm [email protected], I can pass you his details. I don't care about making mine public.
Old 22nd April 2023, 22:09     #3273
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by _indigo1
Hmm. Is your hotmail email still the one? I'll try it, but I suspect not.
That email forwards to my gmail. I got it
Old 22nd April 2023, 22:19     #3274
wazza
*flex*

Do I just push the button on my bed and ask for a doctor re the below?

Quote:
Get them to test your LDH, D-Dimer, IFN-y, HPV AB, HHV AB, EBV EBNA IgG + IgM, EBV VCA IgG + IgM, EBV EA-D
Old 23rd April 2023, 05:30     #3275
wazza
*flex*

Some old boy is kicking off wanting to go home. Keeps asking for his wife who he says in asleep in the bed in here. She's not even on-site. She's at home apparently. Confused old fuck. Hahaha. My treatment didn't finish until after 130am... he started kicking off at 4am. I didn't open my eyes for a while thinking it was 8am. No chance. Lumbar puncture is pretty bloody sore. They spent over an hour doing it and missed it about 10 times.. different level of pain. Might ask for a sleeping pill, unsure.. if my next treatment isn't until 4pm I don't think there's a reason for me to be awake. Hahahah I was having such a blissful experience until old boy kicked off.
Old 23rd April 2023, 07:27     #3276
MadMax
Stuff

That’s one of the reasons why I hate hospitals. Slowly drives me mad.
Old 29th April 2023, 12:03     #3277
Lightspeed

How's the health waz?
Old 29th April 2023, 15:53     #3278
wazza
*flex*

day at a time
they said it would take several months to recover. which isn't bad for GBS. some people take several years, but based on what half a dozen doctors / neurologist(s) / physio(s) said as they tested me day to day, i'm well on my way to full recovery.

based on treatment/experience, middlemore hospital gets a 10/10.

Last edited by wazza : 29th April 2023 at 15:55.
Old 29th April 2023, 15:58     #3279
Know me.

Good to hear. Nice work Middlemore hospital.
Old 30th April 2023, 12:32     #3280
_indigo1

Quote:
day at a time
they said it would take several months to recover. which isn't bad for GBS. some people take several years, but based on what half a dozen doctors / neurologist(s) / physio(s) said as they tested me day to day, i'm well on my way to full recovery.

based on treatment/experience, middlemore hospital gets a 10/10.
So are you discharged or still in hospital?