NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > Games and Mods > Role-Playing Games
User Name
Password

Old 1st January 2005, 21:49     #41
Inferno

Dont body camp people in guilds...they may have level 60s in it that will come after you and do the same.
Old 1st January 2005, 22:49     #42
Phantom
May contain nuts

Phants' guide to making money.
  • Use the auction house. Unless it's crap (white / grey items), chances are it will earn you a lot more money at the AH than it will at a vendor. I typically quest until I am full up and then boogey to the AH to sell my stacks of leather / ore / bars / green & blue items. It's a rare day that I don't log in to a mailbox full of gold, let me tell you.
  • Recipes are worth big bucks - take them to the AH. If it's high enough (150+ of one skill or another) you'll likely earn a handful of gold for it.
  • Whoring skinnable creeps a level or two below you (no more than say 5 or 6, depending on your own level) nets you XP and you (if you are a skinner, 'natch) get double the effective drop thanks to your ability to skin. Stacks of leather go for decent silver and you get a good whack out of soft patches of fur etc.
  • Stay way the hell away from enchanting. This is a very expensive habit

There's more but wifey is calling.
Old 2nd January 2005, 15:32     #43
sky_

When you want to sell stacks of stuff at the AH.. break it up.

Sell smaller stacks at higher prices. People who need small amounts are willing to pay a bit more.

eg. going rate for 20 silk is about 40s. With that same price, 5 pieces should be worth 10s.

You can usually get away with charging 120-150% of the standard price for a reduced stack. In this case, you should be going for 12-15s per 10.

As long as they're all bought out, you will 60s per 20 silk as opposed to 40s.

Nice aye?
Old 2nd January 2005, 23:17     #44
Dornak

Create a level 1 alt and run to wherever your auction house is located (I had no trouble running a lvl 1 troll to Oggrimmar).

When you find a green item or have a stack of whatever you want to sell, mail it to your alt. It only costs 30c and you don't have to make the trek (and back) from wherever you are currently adventuring. It also means you dont have to worry so much about bag space
Old 3rd January 2005, 02:00     #45
sky_

Quote:
Originally posted by Dornak
Create a level 1 alt and run to wherever your auction house is located (I had no trouble running a lvl 1 troll to Oggrimmar).

When you find a green item or have a stack of whatever you want to sell, mail it to your alt. It only costs 30c and you don't have to make the trek (and back) from wherever you are currently adventuring. It also means you dont have to worry so much about bag space
Daaamn. Nice dude!
Old 3rd January 2005, 02:31     #46
Evoke

avoid playing at 2 in the morning - servers link with DB seems to fuck out every night like clockwork

enchanting is the most money sucking pointless profession - you will never sell anything because you'd be too tempted to disenchant it, and you'll never make any money because you'd be too busy questing to actually go to IF or SW to spam your services on /2. Good to service the guildies though if you're feeling altruistic.

tailoring is the most contested profession - first aiders need cloth, enchanters need pearls, leatherworkers need leather, you'll be hard pressed to get any ingridients for tailoring. Can make some blue items to disenchant though if you're into that crack habit :P

try to fill in the map and find the gryphon master before you start doing quests in the area - makes getaways so much easier, and you get about 1k exp just exploring.

teamspeak saves fingers and makes the game more social.
wowreader saves character screenshots.
Old 6th January 2005, 20:26     #47
Evoke

if you are a miner and someone has set sights on the mine you're working on, wait for it to come up with the loot window, but don't pick up the item until the other person leaves - they can't mine it till you've looted.
Old 7th January 2005, 02:18     #48
curses

Quote:
Originally posted by Evoke
avoid playing at 2 in the morning - servers link with DB seems to fuck out every night like clockwork
when that happens it's just time to change server (-:

um.. or go to see if nzgames is working again...
Old 11th January 2005, 18:12     #49
Inferno

If you are a priest and fighting monsters or players alone power word: shield is very useful. Also when priest do not pull with shadow word: pain. Get in max range of a monster and you can cast 2 smites on them before they get to you then use shadow word: pain.

Last edited by Inferno : 11th January 2005 at 18:15.
Old 11th January 2005, 20:52     #50
curses

not smite level 4, or 5, same damage as SW:P hehe ouch

pull with wand... or hunter...
Old 8th February 2005, 16:05     #51
Torka

Quote:
Originally posted by blur^
mounts are faster then travel form
Yeah, by a whole 20%...not worth 90/100 gold for a 20% gain. I'm just skipping the level 40 mount and saving for an epic.
Old 8th February 2005, 16:43     #52
BadNova

As a lvl 19 with 25 silver in the bank, I think those gold-making tips are going to be extremely useful - thanks guys
Old 12th February 2005, 17:46     #53
Jenza

Quote:
Originally posted by Torka
Yeah, by a whole 20%...not worth 90/100 gold for a 20% gain. I'm just skipping the level 40 mount and saving for an epic.
Lol, 20% is a lot unless you're playing on a lame ass non-pvp server.
Old 13th February 2005, 12:34     #54
BadNova

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenza
Lol, 20% is a lot unless you're playing on a lame ass non-pvp server.
Can you summon mounts in combat?
Old 13th February 2005, 19:37     #55
Spink

no you can't summon a mount in combat, but 20% run speed increase (even though it's more as far as I remember) is well worth the 90g due to the reduction in travel time causing you to reach 60 faster, I think by 50 Torka will have a mount if he doesn't already
Old 13th February 2005, 23:11     #56
Koffee

I'm lvl 40 and have 20g :*(..

I'll never get a mount..
Old 13th February 2005, 23:17     #57
Evoke

Quote:
Originally posted by Koffee

I'll never get a mount..
I'm level 48 and I have 89 copper
Old 14th February 2005, 07:47     #58
Phantom
May contain nuts

Quote:
Originally posted by Spink
no you can't summon a mount in combat, but 20% run speed increase (even though it's more as far as I remember) is well worth the 90g due to the reduction in travel time causing you to reach 60 faster, I think by 50 Torka will have a mount if he doesn't already
I got this object for completing The Star, the Hand and the Heart quest (from IF) the otherday that I can use in combat and gives me temporary 60% faster run speed (same as a horse). Worth looking at? It's a good wee quest, if a bit of a run about. 8000 or so xp as well.
Old 14th February 2005, 08:27     #59
RedeviL

Reward is Skull of Impending Doom.

Tried the quest and gave up, effort for reward wasn't quite worth it imo.

The negatives to the run speed made me decide it was better to die than run for it. By the time you decide to run, your health and or mana is already low / gone.
Old 14th February 2005, 08:53     #60
ZoSo

Quote:

I'll never get a mount..
Get a loan from higher lvl guild mates. I was loaned 15g and got my mount as soon as I hit 40 and paid back the 15g back before I hit 41.

Oh and ignore Torka It's not just about the speed.. It's avoiding most things as you go riding through them, rather than zig-zagging through everything on foot! Bloody handy.
Old 14th February 2005, 09:02     #61
Koffee

Quote:
Originally posted by Evoke
I'm level 48 and I have 89 copper
And no mount?.. Ok I don't have it that bad then :P

ZoSo, yeah that is probably the best way - I've been in a few guilds but they were all full of immature wankers* - Pirates of Booty Bay anyone?

*no offense to those of you who are in it and aren't wankers :P

Last edited by Koffee : 14th February 2005 at 09:07.
Old 14th February 2005, 09:08     #62
BadNova

After ages of struggling along with no cash I started selling my worthelss shit at the AH, I'm lvl 22 now and earned 8 gold by selling fish
Old 14th February 2005, 09:19     #63
plaz0r

Quote:

I'll never get a mount..
I'm level 42 and I made my flatmate give me money :P

But seriously .. go to the Badlands and kill shit there .. I wasn't having much trouble coming out with 5 gold worth of crap I could vendor after running around stabbing things for an hour or two.

Mmm .. crisp basalisk urethras.

Last edited by plaz0r : 14th February 2005 at 09:20.
Old 14th February 2005, 10:05     #64
Koffee

Quote:
Originally posted by plaz0r
I'm level 42 and I made my flatmate give me money :P

But seriously .. go to the Badlands and kill shit there .. I wasn't having much trouble coming out with 5 gold worth of crap I could vendor after running around stabbing things for an hour or two.

Mmm .. crisp basalisk urethras.
or gorilla intestines.. mmmm

Anyway.. I was over at gadgetzen, the scorpids over there give me scorpid scale - but I've never been to the badlands before so I'll give that a go.
Old 14th February 2005, 11:26     #65
Baal

At 40 I had enough for a mount and almost all of my spells (someone loaned me a few gold that I paid back very quickly).

It's not like I scrimped either, kept all my gear up to date and tradeskills as well (mostly).
Old 22nd February 2005, 23:41     #66
Griven

re

Best trick i can offer, is dont level to 60 too fast. Enjoy the trip from 1-60 its great and alot of fun. At 60 you'll just get bored after doing the same 3 instances till your eyes bleed and getting locked out of a MC/Onyxia raid for the 5th time. WoW the game that easy to level in but has no end game brilliant design sometime in the 3rd 1/4 of 2010 blizzard should be ready to release a content patch !
Old 23rd February 2005, 08:42     #67
Koffee

How do you have an endgame in a MMORPG?
Old 19th March 2005, 13:43     #68
Caesar

Quote:
How do you have an endgame in a MMORPG?
Well, you would have reached max lvl ( duh ), got ALL the best equipment available.
Have completed all instances and related quests.
Have killed off ALL the top lvl raid/dungeon mobs.
Also maxed out your relavent professions that you have taken up.

IF you want _complete_ and total MMORPG endgame then you will do all the above with each and every charater and class
And master all professions availalbe.

Now that is what I would define as complete MMO endgame.

Of course that would only be endgame untill the new content is added then you have to add that to the list and since new content is always going to be added ( usually ) then there is never a endgame

C
Old 26th May 2005, 16:16     #69
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Do not try the crack.

WoW rots your brain.
Old 18th June 2005, 12:17     #70
Epox

Engineering - Fools pay top dollar for something called Fused Wiring, Fused Wiring can be found inside expired target dummies once they explode your looking at about 2-3 gold per wire.
Old 4th August 2005, 11:48     #71
Ard Righ

Question: What is a good price to sell herbs and leather for at the AH ? I have been getting stacks of earthroot and other such low level herbs around IF, and will start getting skins also.

I've been told stacks of earthroot are required for a certain quest ? stacks of 5 earthroot at a time?
How much Silver would that sell at AH ?

I'm also collecting some cloth to give to the people at IF (not sure what that gets me other than increased reputation?), and will get leather from skinning once I remember to buy a skinning knife

Help to make money much needed. Training Priest spells ramps up quite quickly in Silver coins!
Old 4th August 2005, 11:55     #72
Baal

Quote:
Originally posted by Ard Righ
Question: What is a good price to sell herbs and leather for at the AH ? I have been getting stacks of earthroot and other such low level herbs around IF, and will start getting skins also.
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=146

Old 4th August 2005, 12:22     #73
Ard Righ

Quote:
Originally posted by Baal
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=146

Hehe I think that's in the updated IX UI mod I installed. Will have to test it out in IF and see how I get on

Would be nice to see some screenshots of people's in-game UIs, just for ideas on how to configure mine.

Also, is the issue with the AA-graphics fixed in 1.6 ? Do we still need to disable 'screen bloom' and set AA via the nvidia driver control panel ? Does the graphics option of multisampling in WoW actually do much ?
Old 4th August 2005, 12:41     #74
Yoda

Quote:
I'm also collecting some cloth to give to the people at IF (not sure what that gets me other than increased reputation?), and will get leather from skinning once I remember to buy a skinning knife
Cloth = bandages = silly to not level first aid!

And auctioneer rocks. /auctioneer broker and /auctioneer bidbroker: easy means to make money while idling at the AH.
Old 4th August 2005, 13:27     #75
BadNova

Quote:
Most people go for reputation with another faction so that they can buy that faction's mount. Not something you really need to worry about just yet.
Old 4th August 2005, 14:09     #76
OY636

or get faction with your own race as that makes for extra cheap epic
Old 4th August 2005, 17:06     #77
Spink

Quote:
Would be nice to see some screenshots of people's in-game UIs, just for ideas on how to configure mine.
http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ttyjpeg7mh.jpg
Old 4th August 2005, 17:15     #78
Ard Righ

Quote:
Originally posted by Spink
http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ttyjpeg7mh.jpg
Which pack do you use ?
Old 4th August 2005, 18:26     #79
Spink

Not one pack really, it's kind of a mishmash of select stuff.

What parts do you like?
Old 4th August 2005, 19:08     #80
Caesar

Is there a mod that lests you use the Fkeys for box's to drop and drag shit to like the number keys?

C