Password

Old 17th February 2015, 19:51     #3001
Lightspeed

Now what is all this bullshit?

Labour acted unlawfully over security committee spot - Greens
Old 17th February 2015, 20:32     #3002
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Greens expect to be treated as partners by Labour, get fucked over, in other news sky found to be blue
Old 17th February 2015, 21:09     #3003
spigalau

Subtext: Greens fail to reach bar for Intelligence.
Old 17th February 2015, 21:44     #3004
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by spigalau
Subtext: Greens fail to reach bar for Intelligence.
Alternate interpretation: Green Party leadership acts like entitled children that just got smacked by reality.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 18th February 2015, 20:58     #3005
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
During a debate in the House this afternoon on the membership of the Intelligence and Security Committee, Green MP Mojo Mathers said she was "dismayed" by comments made by Leader of the Opposition Andrew Little.

"He said that he did not invite our co-leader Metiria Turei to be on the committee because he wanted someone with ... 'skills, understanding and experience' ... implying that Metiria did not have these qualities, which is so far from the truth as to be farcical."

Mr Little angered the Greens by nominating his foreign affairs spokesman David Shearer for the committee without consultation with other parties -- a breach of the laws governing the committee.

Ms Mathers said it was hard to escape the feeling that "male privilege" played a role in Mr Little's dismissal of Ms Turei.

"I would like to be generous and give Little -- a privileged male who has been a Member of Parliament for just three years and a leader for just two months -- the benefit of doubt, and assume that he made these comments without thinking.
Feel that Andrew Little? You just got a taste of DEF MOJO.
Old 18th February 2015, 21:16     #3006
CCS
Stunt Pants

Andrew Little is right, though. David Shearer does have the experience on account of having been on the committee in the past as well as his UN work. What in Turei's background makes her suitable?

Quote:
Metiria was a founding member of the Random Trollops performance art troupe.
She was a candidate for the McGillicuddy Serious Party in the 1993 election and for the Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party in the 1996 election.
According to her bio, she graduated law school in 1999 and entered parliament in 2002, so she's had 5 minutes experience as a rookie lawyer.

Aside from the Greens constantly trying to meddle in and undermine the Intelligence and Security apparatus of New Zealand, she really doesn't have the necessary "skills, understanding and experience". Not when you compare her to David Shearer.

None of which excuses Little's ineptitude in handling the whole thing. This is behind-the-scenes shit which isn't supposed to be aired in public.
Old 18th February 2015, 21:25     #3007
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Little looks like a cunt throwing his weight around, Greens look like whiny bitches who don't like to be told 'no'.
Old 18th February 2015, 21:27     #3008
CCS
Stunt Pants

Which, IMO, is how it should be. Labour should be cunting around telling the Greens who the boss really is.
Old 18th February 2015, 22:30     #3009
madmaxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Which, IMO, is how it should be. Labour should be cunting around telling the Greens who the boss really is.
John Key?
Old 25th February 2015, 08:42     #3010
fixed_truth

The whole hating on foreign drivers thing is blowing up in NZ. I'd like to see tourists accident rate per capita compared to NZ citizen rates first.

Also the sending of troops to Iraq thing seems to be splitting opinion 50/50. I would have liked to at least seen parliament have a vote and a real discussion about whether this type of deployment is the right course of action for NZ. Instead we have the false narrative of "Get some guts and join the right side"
Old 25th February 2015, 09:10     #3011
Lightspeed

Meh, the foreign driver accidents thing is like dog attacks IMO. They happen regularly with the media periodically picking out certain cases to whip up emotion, offering little new information or insight.

The thing that drives me bonkers about the situation in the ME is what is happening is the predicted outcome of the previous international coalition committing far less than the required resources to stablise the region the last time we were stomping around there.
Old 25th February 2015, 11:07     #3012
blynk

I agree with the tourist thing, but you can spin the stats however you like. A tourist is only here for a week driving. A NZ is here for a year driving, does that mean if 1 tourist has an accident, thats the same as 1 NZ having 52 accidents.
And yep, its the latest thing that the Media has got hold of. If anything, I would prefer NZ to undergo resitting of licenses every 10 years.
Old 25th February 2015, 11:09     #3013
blynk

For Isis. So if there there is an attack on NZ;
The Against - we told you sending troops would make us a target
The For - we told you that we are part of this "war" and needed to be involved.
Old 25th February 2015, 11:22     #3014
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
For Isis. So if there there is an attack on NZ;
The Against - we told you sending troops would make us a target
The For - we told you that we are part of this "war" and needed to be involved.
Yeah, thing is if we keep out of their back yard, they've got no reason to even think of wandering over, so if we DON'T send troops, we can't lose (except maybe having our Dick Tracy Jr club membership revoked).

We go to this unnecessary, US-provoked conflict with a regime caused by other US-started conflicts, and we set ourselves up as targets and start actually needing US protection.

Old 25th February 2015, 11:41     #3015
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
(except maybe having our Dick Tracy Jr club membership revoked).
lolz
Old 25th February 2015, 12:15     #3016
pxpx

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/...-wants/384980/

We are enemies of ISIS by default.
Old 25th February 2015, 17:17     #3017
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
Which misses the whole fucking point that it's the actions of the US and their ilk that CAUSED ISIS/ISIL/whatever the fuck it's called today. US actions have legitimised what we privileged Westerners call the extremists by being just as extreme, just with government backing. This war? It's going to make things worse for everyone that gets involved, with maybe the exceptions of the likes of Halliburton et al.

Old 25th February 2015, 18:31     #3018
spigalau

Rofl
Old 26th February 2015, 19:18     #3019
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Mr Cunliffe said the phone was on "hands-free" mode and he "didn't realise it was an offence", though he clarified that he was holding the phone with one hand.
wut
Old 26th February 2015, 19:28     #3020
crocos

Seriously? It's in the name: Hands free.

Labour Party is MUCH better off without Cunliffe, but that's not saying there's not oh so many idiots that are just as bad.

Old 26th February 2015, 23:51     #3021
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Seriously? It's in the name: Hands free.
Shyeah. He voted for the law, I guess he wasn't paying attention when they were talking about it?

Also:
Quote:
"I do not believe I was driving erratically at any point."
Fuck off. You're about as slimy as John Key (if not more so). Don't bullshit the public.
Old 27th February 2015, 15:49     #3022
leadinjector

yeah im sure people were just reporting him to the cops for spaz driving by coincidence
Old 27th February 2015, 15:55     #3023
CCS
Stunt Pants

They reported him because they're Tory scum!
Old 1st March 2015, 18:52     #3024
MadMax
Stuff

Chasing Aussie student loan holders for payment. Crikey. These people will be paying hundreds of dollars a month for the rest of their lives.
Old 2nd March 2015, 16:38     #3025
CCS
Stunt Pants

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/politi...-donation-list
Quote:
In his return to the Electoral Commission Mr Harawira declared he received $105,000 in donations and spent just under $23,000.
Lol. What a fucken bludger. Kim DotSugarDaddy makin' it rain and there's Hone, front and centre with both hands out.
Old 20th March 2015, 15:34     #3026
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

The Wireless are going from strength to strength:
Flagpole blues
Old 26th March 2015, 15:45     #3027
Lightspeed

Deloitte reports corruption growing in NZ business.

lolz, unsurprising in the current political climate, both in Aus and NZ.
Old 26th March 2015, 16:02     #3028
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Pffft complaining about corruption in Australian politics is like complaining about traffic in Auckland.
Old 26th March 2015, 17:15     #3029
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed

Please explain, how the current political climate encourages "undisclosed conflicts of interest, supplier kickbacks and personal favours", in the business world.

Points awarded for answering the question directly and not deflecting.
Old 26th March 2015, 17:19     #3030
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed

Thanks Obama.
Old 26th March 2015, 21:48     #3031
crocos

In other news, TPP still set to screw NZ's autonomy in favour of corporations.
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO150...nder-to-us.htm

Old 27th March 2015, 00:15     #3032
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
Please explain, how the current political climate encourages "undisclosed conflicts of interest, supplier kickbacks and personal favours", in the business world.

Points awarded for answering the question directly and not deflecting.
Is it deflecting to point to the repeated problems with National MPs getting into trouble because they've been demonstrated to be engaging in behaviour that looks far too much like just those things?
Old 30th March 2015, 13:23     #3033
Lightspeed

I'm not sure what will hit National hardest this week - losing Northland or losing the World Cup.
Old 2nd April 2015, 19:37     #3034
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

I finally have a confirmed reservation at http://www.sushi-jiro.jp/ for a couple of weeks time. I used the Visa Concierge service for the first time to organise this. They said "You do realise it's very hard to get a reservation here?" to which I answered "That's why I'm asking you to organise it".

This is the place of "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" fame. They have a branch for Westerners but I'm after the authentic experience.

My wife hates seafood and so it's me and the ten year old going. The seven year old does not reliably eat this sort of thing yet so can eat with mum.

Yum yum.
Old 2nd April 2015, 22:50     #3035
crocos

And that relates to this thread.... how? Or is this some kind of bizarre link-back to TPPA?

Old 2nd April 2015, 23:08     #3036
madmaxii

It's far better than most of the posts in this thread
Old 3rd April 2015, 00:08     #3037
Lightspeed

It's far better than your posts in this thread.

I thought maybe GT was banned from OD? Hahah.

Fucking bastard though... motherfucking... gloating... can't deny the awesome... sonofa... sheeeit.
Old 3rd April 2015, 17:05     #3038
plaz0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
I finally have a confirmed reservation at http://www.sushi-jiro.jp/ for a couple of weeks time. I used the Visa Concierge service for the first time to organise this. They said "You do realise it's very hard to get a reservation here?" to which I answered "That's why I'm asking you to organise it".

This is the place of "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" fame. They have a branch for Westerners but I'm after the authentic experience.

My wife hates seafood and so it's me and the ten year old going. The seven year old does not reliably eat this sort of thing yet so can eat with mum.

Yum yum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHo2pXO_XAI
Old 3rd April 2015, 19:14     #3039
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

10 - 1 = 9? I think that's about right.
Old 6th April 2015, 13:31     #3040
Lightspeed

Police shut 30 stations in effort to combat budget cuts

Rock star economy indeed.