Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 4th October 2008, 20:30     #3761
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_VlaD
The alternative, not charge him = send a huge message to everyone that its ok to smash some useless cunt in the head with a hockey stick.
No, it means that WHEN BEING PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED it's OK to defend yourself with non-lethal force. But yes, agreed: The police do not have discretion in this matter.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 4th October 2008, 20:56     #3762
[Malks] Pixie

http://catabis.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by website
*If your cat has an erection lasting 4 or more hours seek immediate veterinary attention.
Pixie
Old 4th October 2008, 21:04     #3763
crocos

That's kinda cool

Old 4th October 2008, 22:04     #3764
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0nge
wild turkey?

is that what theyre calling it nowdays?
haha
well, it often leads to that i suppose.. hkence the name i guessd
Old 5th October 2008, 10:49     #3765
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Disappointed to log in to mylotto this morning and discover that none of my tickets were winning tickets
Old 5th October 2008, 11:07     #3766
MadMax
Stuff

go go editgadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald RSS preview
A man is in a serious condition after being hit by a car in Hawkes Bay early today. Police said the man was standing on State Highway 2 near Clive, 10km south of Napier, when he was hit by a car travelling north. It was not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald Article
A man is in a critical condition in hospital after a serious crash outside Hastings this morning. Police say the accident happened near Clive on State Highway 2 just after 5am. The driver has been taken to Hastings Hospital and a detour is in place.
Old 5th October 2008, 11:59     #3767
Draco T Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
Disappointed to log in to mylotto this morning and discover that none of my tickets were winning tickets
Same. I did have the powerball number right though
Old 5th October 2008, 12:46     #3768
caffiend

Nobody won powerball though... so next week: $24 million.

That'd buy a few blowjobs.
Old 5th October 2008, 12:50     #3769
CCS
Stunt Pants

Are you looking for a sugar daddy?
Old 5th October 2008, 13:03     #3770
caffiend

I'm going to go ahead and read that as: Are you looking for a sugar, daddy?

And the answer's no CCS. I hardly know you.
Old 5th October 2008, 13:18     #3771
CCS
Stunt Pants

No need to panic, I haven't won lotto... yet.
Old 5th October 2008, 13:31     #3772
CCS
Stunt Pants

Speaking of not winning lots of money...

The bitter millionaire contestant
Quote:
A contestant who failed to win a single cent on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? has blasted the show for setting unfair questions.

Christchurch school teacher Courtney Washington has been nicknamed Miss Zero by pupils at Cashmere High after falling at the $500 stage. She was unable to tell host Mike Hosking that BMW had provided New Zealand's new fleet of ministerial limousines.

"I thought my questions sucked," she said.

"I don't want to seem like a bad sport, but to [answer] that question you had to have been watching the news on that particular night."
Well, bitch, you ARE a bad sport. The ministerial BMWs have been in the news more than once. It's a game of general knowledge and, lady, your general knowledge just isn't good enough. Deal.

Another contestant:
Quote:
The Auckland resident said a $300 question about what David Lange claimed to smell on someone's breath during a debate in Oxford, was too hard. Uranium was the answer.
That Oxford debate was related to something which I consider to be pretty huge in the history of this country. I don't expect anybody to know the speech line by line, but Lange's quip is the part of that debate that always gets shown. When Lange died a few years back, you couldn't watch the news and not see that excerpt... unless you're the kind who is shy of the news. Again, yr gnrl knwldg sux. Plz die.
Old 5th October 2008, 13:55     #3773
Draco T Bastard

Why is it that you're always hungrier after eating?
Old 5th October 2008, 14:01     #3774
Nightcrawler

Crying

Uggh fucking goddammit, really struggling not to throw up

Eating a lollipop I grabbed from downstairs in a bowl which has other candy/sweets

After about 30 minutes of sucking, I bite away a few chunks to clear an area around the stick so it doesn't scratch my mouth etc etc
I taste something a bit strange in my mouth but just put it down to my taste buds. Another 5 minutes of sucking and biting small bits of the candy off and I really start to wonder what the fuck this taste is

Take the lollipop out of my mouth, and take a look at it. Hmm there seems to be a dark spot on the top, maybe it's old? Peer closer and then realise it's half an ant.

I then tilt the lollipop up so i can look directly into the center, and I notice it's been completely hollowed out and is filled with a mini ants nest
What follows is a good 10 minutes of retching, swearing profusely and unsuccessfully trying to get this god awful taste out of my mouth

Gotta say, this is probably the worst experience I've had with eating food. Nothing is worse than realising you've been chowing down on fucking insects instead of candy

Last edited by Nightcrawler : 5th October 2008 at 14:03.
Old 5th October 2008, 14:20     #3775
Haydos

Harden up - Ants are good protein and completely non toxic, in a survival situation, if you can find enough of them, Ants are a good survival food.
Old 5th October 2008, 15:23     #3776
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco T Bastard
wat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
After about 30 minutes of sucking, I bite away a few chunks to clear an area around the stick so it doesn't scratch my mouth etc etc
What the shit? Are you one of those pansies whose mouth gets cut up by Sparkles?
Old 5th October 2008, 15:25     #3777
Helious

lol CCS

I was 8 or 9 the last time I had one.
Old 5th October 2008, 15:27     #3778
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco T Bastard
worms
Old 5th October 2008, 15:32     #3779
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
lol CCS

I was 8 or 9 the last time I had one.
I was two when I ate whole packets of Sparkles at a time. Didn't have no cut up mouth. In fact, I cut the Sparkles with my mouth. YEEUHH!
Old 5th October 2008, 17:54     #3780
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I remember trying to eat a whole pack of Hubba Bubba at once when I was about 7.

Never did that again...
Old 5th October 2008, 18:41     #3781
Hurtuso

tv1 gave me unfair lotto results
Old 5th October 2008, 18:48     #3782
crocos

I'm having trouble deciding if you're really that clueless or if you're a spam-bot.

Old 5th October 2008, 18:56     #3783
CCS
Stunt Pants

Maybe he's joking and you're just thick?
Old 5th October 2008, 19:02     #3784
Solvent

Bullet.
Old 5th October 2008, 19:26     #3785
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
I'm having trouble deciding if you're really that clueless or if you're a spam-bot.
Oh come on, crocos. I'm afraid I'm going to have to level a similar remark at you:

I'm having trouble working out if his post really went that far over your head, or if you're trolling.
Old 5th October 2008, 21:40     #3786
BloodDonor

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10535840

Quote:
A 25-year-old Kawerau College teacher was shocked to learn naked pictures of herself have been circulating by email.

... the woman had naively sent the photos of herself, including a topless shot and one of her standing in her underwear to a so-called "friend".

Old 5th October 2008, 21:50     #3787
StN
I have detailed files

I was initially concerned that we have retards like that teaching our kids, but in hindsight I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 5th October 2008, 22:05     #3788
BloodDonor

i put this in the presidential debate thread, but most people may not look

O M G L O L

Palin makes Obama terrorist claim

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7653132.stm

Quote:
US Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin has accused the Democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama, of associating with terrorists.

With the Republicans trailing in the polls a month before the presidential election, Mrs Palin said the time had come to take the gloves off.

She cited a newspaper report that Mr Obama had had links with an ex-member of a 1960s American militant group.

Old 6th October 2008, 01:28     #3789
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodDonor
i put this in the presidential debate thread, but most people may not look

O M G L O L

Palin makes Obama terrorist claim

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7653132.stm
psh Haydos has been making the same claims for some time now. I hardly call this news.

:P
Old 6th October 2008, 01:30     #3790
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Speaking of not winning lots of money...

The bitter millionaire contestantWell, bitch, you ARE a bad sport. The ministerial BMWs have been in the news more than once. It's a game of general knowledge and, lady, your general knowledge just isn't good enough. Deal.

Another contestant:That Oxford debate was related to something which I consider to be pretty huge in the history of this country. I don't expect anybody to know the speech line by line, but Lange's quip is the part of that debate that always gets shown. When Lange died a few years back, you couldn't watch the news and not see that excerpt... unless you're the kind who is shy of the news. Again, yr gnrl knwldg sux. Plz die.
While I agree with you regarding the David Lange quote, in general, the questions on the NZ version are harder than on the classic UK (which is what we're all accustomed to watching thanks to Primes re-runs. Seems a lot of folks didn't even know they'd ditched that first quick-fire question ages back...). The OZ and UK usually give the contestants a cake-walk to $1000, before they start asking anything that's actually hard.

Maybe our local question-masters are just useless at coming up with 'easy' questions.
Old 6th October 2008, 01:48     #3791
CCS
Stunt Pants

Can't say I'm enough of a NZWWTBAM fan to know what sort of questions they typically have leading up to $1000. I just thought that woman moaning is making excuses for her own lack of general knowledge and being a bit of a fucking sore loser.

I mean, really, ministerial limousines? Whether it was (rightly or wrongly) the $100 question, the $1000 or $100,000 question - she should've known that one. If you don't watch/read/keep up with the news reasonably regularly, you shouldn't go on game shows and embarrass yourself
Old 6th October 2008, 02:10     #3792
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Can't say I'm enough of a NZWWTBAM fan to know what sort of questions they typically have leading up to $1000. I just thought that woman moaning is making excuses for her own lack of general knowledge and being a bit of a fucking sore loser.

I mean, really, ministerial limousines? Whether it was (rightly or wrongly) the $100 question, the $1000 or $100,000 question - she should've known that one. If you don't watch/read/keep up with the news reasonably regularly, you shouldn't go on game shows and embarrass yourself
True, but I consider myself reasonably up to date with what's going on in the country and I don't think I'd ever encountered that one. Iirc, and I might not be, the ask-the-audience was also very scatter-shot on the question too.

That said, there's always going to be some thing in there that's totally out of left-field for anyone, or they'd just be giving away the money.
Old 6th October 2008, 02:16     #3793
Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS

Agreed, she might be book smart but her general knowledge was appalling. I only get to watch the news a couple of times a week and I knew the car one. She didn't know the Mauri question, nor could she use the process of elimination for teatotaller. (sp) No wonder the kids are calling her Miss Zero. The classic moment though was when she called the deputy prinicpal stating he knew everything and he too couldnt answer the car question.

Yes the questions are a bit harder but no where does it say that the NZ one will be identical to the others. Most of them are basic NZ general knowledge.
Old 6th October 2008, 02:29     #3794
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Iirc, and I might not be, the ask-the-audience was also very scatter-shot on the question too.
Yeah, but it often is. I'm sure some people deliberately vote wrong to be dicks.
Old 6th October 2008, 08:46     #3795
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Iirc, and I might not be, the ask-the-audience was also very scatter-shot on the question too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Yeah, but it often is. I'm sure some people deliberately vote wrong to be dicks.
That, and the fact that they are Australian. But surely if you had enough smarts to make it past the online filter, the Uni based scraping session, and the audition, you'd be able to adjust for that factor. Or not.
Old 6th October 2008, 08:46     #3796
Helious

Laugh

LOL @ Kimbo's recent fight. (yesterday or the day before)

I think he was knocked out in record time. Dang. A failure for Black Mans Beards everywhere!!

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=5Al89g7z-5c (14 second knock out! lol)

Last edited by Helious : 6th October 2008 at 08:51.
Old 6th October 2008, 09:21     #3797
Haydos

A: Take a big black boy off of P and his chin goes.

B: Fighters with training would have covered up immediately after being caught by that shot

C: Fighters with training wouldn't have been caught by that shot.

Freakshow was fun while it lasted, though.
Old 6th October 2008, 09:48     #3798
StN
I have detailed files

o_O

Either something wonderful just happened - or something very bad.

That spoonful of cereal tasted like bacon.
Old 6th October 2008, 09:51     #3799
Helious

Laugh

HAHAHAHAHA
Old 6th October 2008, 11:47     #3800
buckies

Kimbo had quite an unfortunate slip. I don't think the initial shot had enough sting to it to drop him.

The front kick was an absolute disgrace. MMA fighters like that should not employ teeps when they clearly have no idea how to throw them. The follow up punches were also thrown with reckless abandon for any technique.

Kimbo has potential. He has ego issues where he thinks he can jump in and trade at leisure. With further technical guidance, he could go quite far, as his raw size and power is undeniable.