NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 5th October 2011, 14:10     #1
PhX

Greece

Does anyone have a good article about this? Seems to me that no matter what this country is sinking and eventually it will drag most of the world in with it. I read bits from all over the show but have no holistic idea as in what (to me it sounds like a when) will happen.

Much love.
Old 5th October 2011, 14:46     #2
Delphinus

http://earlywarn.blogspot.com/ has a couple of posts about Greece of the last few months. I like his take on a couple of things, including singularity
Old 7th October 2011, 12:34     #3
PhX

Interesting site dude, cheers

and this

Quote:
I have in mind Shell Oil's scenarios for future energy developments, "Scramble" and "Blueprints" -- or, more accurately, the names of these two scenarios. "Scramble" -- every country for itself -- and "Blueprints" -- coordinated planning -- are at opposite ends of the spectrum of possible responses to the coming geopolitical, socioeconomic, and environmental crunches.

Europe has every incentive to follow the "Blueprints" route with this little issue -- after several continent-wide wars culminating in two "total wars", no-one knows better than Europe what happens under a free-for-all. And the Europeans are best placed to be able to work together, for they are all relatively wealthy and packed closely together. Europe has the best incentives and the best opportunity to follow the "Blueprints" path.

If Europe, even Europe, can't resolve this relatively minor crisis in an orderly, equitable way, then the odds of "scramble" being the response to everything just got considerably higher. That's a risk to civilization.

Last edited by PhX : 7th October 2011 at 12:36.