NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 25th February 2010, 09:58     #20081
blynk

If people are going to be stupid about internet companies like that, then the companies should hit back.

Just turn off Google/YouTube etc for a day. Have a front saying due to some dickhead judge we are not sure if we can continue our service in your country. If you don't like this write your concerns to [the judge].
Old 25th February 2010, 10:00     #20082
xor

And how much money do you think would be lost if they did something as stupid as that?
Old 25th February 2010, 10:13     #20083
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Pretty much what they're doing in China though isn't it?
Old 25th February 2010, 10:23     #20084
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
And how much money do you think would be lost if they did something as stupid as that?
sure, but at this stage they have 3 employees that have been charged and convicted. They have had to pay for court costs & they will have the appeal costs.
Plus, imagine the precedent this could set.
Old 25th February 2010, 11:08     #20085
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/...-in-italy.html

1) Italian cockbite uploads a video (to Google Video) of her and some friends taunting an autistic kid.

2) A public prosecutor charges 4 Google employees for not respecting Italian privacy laws.

3) A judge in Milan convicts 3 of them.

Wait, what?
Thats 9 levels of fucked up.
Right up there with "BLAME THE ISPS FOR BITTORRENT!!" ...

Right .. when someone runs someone down, or steals a car, we blame WORKS for maintaining the roads they drove on. GG asshats.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 25th February 2010, 12:13     #20086
[BT]MikeMan

Quote:

1) Italian cockbite uploads a video (to Google Video) of her and some friends taunting an autistic kid.

2) A public prosecutor charges 4 Google employees for not respecting Italian privacy laws.

Wait, what?
The Italian legal system is retarded on SO many levels.

If an F1 car crashes they lay charges against (almost) anyone who touched the car in the previous 48 hours.

Ask Williams about it, the legal fallout from Senna's accident was only settled last year IIRC, he died in 1994.
Old 25th February 2010, 12:16     #20087
Markh

Quote:

Wait, what?
That is fucked up right there!

I have this sneaking suspicion that the judge in this case is NOT computer literate and didn't really understand the situation in the case put before him/her. Someone needs to explain to the judge what the internet is as how it works (It is a series of tubes . . . ).
Old 25th February 2010, 12:58     #20088
?>Superman

Quote:

Wait, what?
I assume the judge is just following the retarded laws? Or is he the retard to blame in all this?.

Either way that is fucked up.
Old 25th February 2010, 14:12     #20089
blynk

^^
Yes, there could be an issue where the judge had to do that based on what hte laws in the country are.
Has anyone found out yet?
Old 25th February 2010, 14:24     #20090
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Hold on, what? Some employees got charged personally? Not Google Inc?
Old 25th February 2010, 17:44     #20091
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BT]MikeMan
Ask Williams about it, the legal fallout from Senna's accident was only settled last year IIRC, he died in 1994.
OK, so I called up Frank Williams to ask him and I was like, "this guy [BT]MikeMan reckons you guys were in some kind of heavy legal shitstorm - what's the deal with that? And he was all, "who exactly is this? how did you get my home number?".
Old 25th February 2010, 17:59     #20092
gentle

Did you pronounce his name phonetically?

ie. "left box bracket bee tee right box bracket mikeman" try again, you might get a different response.
Old 25th February 2010, 19:24     #20093
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
I assume the judge is just following the retarded laws? Or is he the retard to blame in all this?.

Either way that is fucked up.
Italian law and culture is fucked up.

There was a case not so long ago where I think a UK girl got convicted of a murder even after it became quite clear she didn't do it, to save face for the prosecution. It was expected that she'd be cleared on appeal.
Old 25th February 2010, 21:31     #20094
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Italian law and culture is fucked up.

There was a case not so long ago where I think a UK girl got convicted of a murder even after it became quite clear she didn't do it, to save face for the prosecution. It was expected that she'd be cleared on appeal.
I believe you're thinking of the American girl (Amanda Knox) who was convicted of murdering her British house mate (Meredith Kercher). (edit: actually you might not be at all. For all I know there's numerous cases of convictions on evidence that wouldn't stand up here)

The prosecution change their theory on the motivation for the murder several times during the case, when each theory was disproved by the defense..

Knox was interrogated over night in a 14 hour interrogation stretch at one point, amongst claims of physical intimidation and verbal abuse by the police and prosecution. For making claims related to this mistreatment by police, she's also being tried for 'defamation of the police' (along with her parents and various media outlets that reported her claims). H

One of the pieces of evidence used to convict Knox was a broken bra clasp, with Knox's boyfriends DNA, and that of 3 unidentified people. The clasp stayed in the room for 47 days after the murder before being recovered. The DNA testing was disputed as likely to be contaminated, but the judge disregarded this claiming that the contamination could not have happened in the lab that did the testing, as Knox's boyfriend wouldn't have been there. This is despite several pieces of Knox's clothing (which would reasonably be expected to have her boyfriends DNA on it) that was also tested in the lab. There was no DNA evidence directly placing Knox in the room that Kercher was killed in (though it was agreed she was in the house at hte time of the murder)

There were reports of a lot of anti-Americanism surrounding the trial. There were anti-US protesters with placards in front of the court house. It seems, though of course I only know what's made it into media reports on the internet, that she was going to be convicted as soon as the prosecution realised they could lock up a damn Yanky for years.

(a lot of detail taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Meredith_Kercher , for ease of refinding details)

Last edited by fidgit : 25th February 2010 at 21:33.
Old 25th February 2010, 21:37     #20095
Lightspeed

That's the one.
Old 25th February 2010, 21:39     #20096
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

SLOW WALKERS
Old 26th February 2010, 01:32     #20097
Claymore

Getting home to find I've been burgled. 50" telly, PS3 and Computer gone.

fuckers !
Old 26th February 2010, 01:38     #20098
Lightspeed

Oh, that's rough. Insurance++?
Old 26th February 2010, 01:39     #20099
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore

fuckers !
Old 26th February 2010, 01:40     #20100
herp

In Utah, Miscarriage = Criminal Homicide.
Old 26th February 2010, 01:49     #20101
?>Superman

Quote:

fuckers !
argh, that sucks dude
Old 26th February 2010, 01:51     #20102
Disinformation

Grind 1: BMW for designing a jack my flatmate couldn't work out how to use (hence me having to go and figure it out), providing crappy wheel braces and using lug bolts instead of nuts

Grind 2: Whoever last tightened lug bolts on said BMW for doing them up far too tight to remove with crappy BMW wheel brace.

Old 26th February 2010, 03:10     #20103
Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Oh, that's rough. Insurance++?
Yes, insured. It's all the stuff I'm going to have to download again, especially the Steam games and TechNet ISOs I'd stored.

Such a nuisance, but on the upside at least there was no vandalising and they left my safe with 2k in it. Downside, I can't get to sleep coz I'm too pissed off.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:15     #20104
Jodi

Quote:
Yes, insured. It's all the stuff I'm going to have to download again, especially the Steam games and TechNet ISOs I'd stored.

Such a nuisance, but on the upside at least there was no vandalising and they left my safe with 2k in it. Downside, I can't get to sleep coz I'm too pissed off.
Got backup?

My fear is that when someone burgles my house, they'll take the backup along with the computer as well.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:25     #20105
David

Fucking geeks, worried about their data.
OH NO, MY PRECIOUS DATA.

(Real geeks carry their pocket sized 750gb USB hard drive with all music, iTunes library, movies, pictures and documents everywhere they go)
Old 26th February 2010, 10:32     #20106
crocos

750GB? ONLY 750GB? You're such a n00b Dave.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 26th February 2010, 10:35     #20107
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Fucking geeks, worried about their data.
OH NO, MY PRECIOUS DATA.

(Real geeks carry their pocket sized 750gb USB hard drive with all music, iTunes library, movies, pictures and documents everywhere they go)
That's what I do!

Except I work in a magnet factory, so it takes me 3 and a half hours to get ready for work because I have to back everything up again before I leave the house
Old 26th February 2010, 10:41     #20108
p01s0n

at the moment there is a massive emphasis on time recording/accountability in our work place. Everyone knows it. If you do any time on a job, you record it.

This dude that works on the same account as me comes and asks for advice on a fault he is having trouble diagnosing, and we discuss it for about 20 or so minutes.

At the end of the discussion, I ask if the job is in his queue, as we spent like 20 minutes on it so i'd like to put my time against it. He looks at me like I just told him to go fuck himself. "oh, oh yeah the job is in my queue if you really feel you need to put time against it"

wtf? if you want some of my time at least let me put it somewhere. It's not like it has any impact on him personally.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:49     #20109
Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi
Got backup?
Yeah, got backup. Luckily that's on the laptop instead of the USB drives which they took as well. Buggers took the spare keys for the cars too so that's gonna have to be sorted too. I repeat, FUCKERS
Old 26th February 2010, 10:49     #20110
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
750GB? ONLY 750GB? You're such a n00b Dave.
Emphasis on pocket sized yo!
I got 2 terabytes of content up in my bizitch, but most of it is non essential.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:53     #20111
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
wtf? if you want some of my time at least let me put it somewhere. It's not like it has any impact on him personally.
Oh man, you're going to blow the budget on the job and make the profit look bad, quick, book it to some other job thats already had its budget destroyed! That way atleast one job will look like its making a profit, even if its not!
Old 26th February 2010, 10:56     #20112
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Emphasis on pocket sized yo!
I got 2 terabytes of content up in my bizitch, but most of it is non essential.
You need to invest in cargo pants. Emphasis on cargo.

Old 26th February 2010, 12:25     #20113
chiQ
Frag-muff

Having to wear my hair in pigtails because I can't lift my arms above my head to put my hair into a top-knot grinds my gears. I look like mutton dressed as lamb and feel like a right idiot. Bad back, no biscuit.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:39     #20114
p01s0n

I'm sure helious is available to put your hair in a ponytail if you want
Old 26th February 2010, 12:40     #20115
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Clay, that sucks. Did you have alarms 'n' shit?

PS - having backups at the same premises as the originals is asking for Murphy to assrape you.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:41     #20116
Jodi

Rolling eyes

Argh! stupid lack of a newline between quotes and text straight agfter it.

meh, have to retrain a habit.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:05     #20117
lektronimo

Lying technicians grind my gears. Fix my fucking laptop, pricks!
Old 26th February 2010, 13:06     #20118
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
I'm sure helious is available to put your hair in a ponytail if you want
No, he would want to keep the pigtails. Something to hold on to and all. Just sayin'
Old 26th February 2010, 14:33     #20119
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
Having to wear my hair in pigtails because I can't lift my arms above my head to put my hair into a top-knot grinds my gears. I look like mutton dressed as lamb and feel like a right idiot. Bad back, no biscuit.
Your hair is long enough to tie it up? Pics as evidence, pls.
Old 26th February 2010, 15:00     #20120
crocos

Actually I want to see pics of chiQ in pigtails - I reckon she'd have that "naughty schoolgirl" vibe. Oi BaM!!! Take photos of your wife and send them through the 'tubes!!!

Last edited by crocos : 26th February 2010 at 15:01.