NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 17th October 2021, 19:45     #1841
Nich

Goalseeking. See OP. Politicians want one thing and it's disgusting (to get reelected).

I'd say Australia isn't the only one. Also it may be that Australia has terrible data on the population. This thread is interesting on some countries recording >100% vaccination rate for some demographics. https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/sta...910382081?s=21
Old 17th October 2021, 20:03     #1842
Nich

Regarding the contact tracing staff being over-worked: Friends of ours travelled into NSW over christmas new years. Road blocks stopping people re-entering by car (however the guy could freely get out and walk across border to take his little one to go potty and get snacks). They did the right thing and went to get a PCR test + told authorities they had been interstate.

The tests all came back negative and the places they went were confirmed not to be hot spots. Even still, the contact tracers on their case did 5 follow up calls to each of them asking where they travelled, and if they had been to any hot spots. 5 follow ups! For a negative COVID case. Imagine the workload for a positive case.

The feeling from our friends? They felt they were punished for doing the right thing, and would probably not offer up help / offer to get tested again if it caused that much trouble.

Last edited by Nich : 17th October 2021 at 20:04.
Old 17th October 2021, 20:43     #1843
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Don’t be a hater, the world is made up of all types and we need all types.
Thanks MadMax. Amazing how "tolerance" and "diversity" are only popular when it's trending on social media.
Old 17th October 2021, 21:28     #1844
Lightspeed

facepalm

Yeah, just what we need, diversity of diseases. Tolerance of illness. We gotta stand up for covid, malaria, we don't want to see them go the way of small pox, polio. Bastard vaccine pushers!

Good thing we got heroes like DrTitus.
Old 17th October 2021, 22:47     #1845
MadMax
Stuff

Now you’re the one talking keke
Old 17th October 2021, 23:16     #1846
Lightspeed

Rolling eyes

Says the guy standing up for the person comparing themselves to those subjected to genocide.
Old 18th October 2021, 12:22     #1847
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/21/o...-hesitant.html
Old 18th October 2021, 13:52     #1848
xor

While she's an idiot for going to a party, but firing her is pretty cold.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...RZAAKXMZYRQEQ/
Old 18th October 2021, 13:57     #1849
Lightspeed

I think this is the same content, don't have a NYTimes subscription:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd8P12BXebo
Old 18th October 2021, 15:33     #1850
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor

Well, when I saw one of her platforms was OnlyFans, I just guessed she was in the same category as the rootbags in Blenheim.
Old 18th October 2021, 15:57     #1851
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor

SHe wasn't fired, she was dropped by her agents for making them look bad. Different.
Old 18th October 2021, 17:55     #1852
StN
I have detailed files

She got bitch slapped by Huggie bear.
Old 18th October 2021, 17:57     #1853
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

tell me if you've heard this story before:

Doctor who advocated Covid-19 therapy including ivermectin applied for patent on same unproven treatment

#oneborneveryminute
Old 18th October 2021, 18:06     #1854
crocos

Dumb part here is if he was up-front about having the interest he probably would have been taken seriously. Now he's only going to come off as a joke at best, but more likely a scammer and fraud

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 18th October 2021, 22:55     #1855
blynk

Can't say I saw the latest outcome for Auckland today.

Have a big Super Saturday vaccination day. Prizes, entertainment making a big hype.

Exceeds the PMs expectations by 30%.

What happens, Auckland is in the exact same state for 2 weeks. Not even "1 week and we will review" but 2 weeks.
Big slap in the face.

What the fuck is left that you want us to do. Auckland is just shy of 90% and if prizes and a big push is not enough to get people over the line, then there is not a lot left for the whole community to do.
Lets open shit back up and the govt can put together special dedicated teams that go around and target those last people.

My only current hope is that they say later in the week that they will open up schools.
Old 18th October 2021, 23:59     #1856
xor

Quote:
"We're not following the Crown's directive. That has been our position for a while," he said. "We won't jump when we're told to. We want the freedom to choose. We want a different vaccine."
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/kahu/covi...TTP7NXQNIQJ3E/
Old 19th October 2021, 09:57     #1857
blynk

Because zero percent is much better that 90% (or whatever pfizer is).

My assumption is that for a lot of the people that make the argument of wanting a different vaccine, they would have made the same argument if we started with a different vaccine.
Old 19th October 2021, 10:00     #1858
blynk

Alternatively. Put them into a border lockdown. People can't go in or out of that region, and let the rest of NZ open
Old 19th October 2021, 10:49     #1859
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Less than 50% after 6 months.

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...dy-2021-10-04/

Only antibodies for S protein are triggered from vaccines. No antibodies created for the rest of the virus protein payload.
Old 19th October 2021, 11:53     #1860
blynk

Good to know.

So update.

50% is still better than 0%, and there is always the option to get a booster jab rollout set up after 6 months.
Old 19th October 2021, 12:02     #1861
Nich

Yep, subscription model.

I just ordered this from Israel.
https://sanotize.com/enovid/

And using this when out shopping (q-tip apply to inside nostrils):
https://www.nps.org.au/medicine-find...-throat-gargle

Also looking shopping for a Far UVC lamp to disinfect phones / wallets / surfaces. Anyone got a recommendation on where to shop? Budget is $500.
Old 19th October 2021, 12:19     #1862
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I thought those antibacterial mouthwashes ended up being a net negative? Because they nuke all the beneficial bacteria as well as those that are giving you a sore throat?
Old 19th October 2021, 12:20     #1863
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I thought those antibacterial mouthwashes ended up being a net negative? Because they nuke all the beneficial bacteria as well as those that are giving you a sore throat?
TBF, one is a nasal spray, the 2nd he's already said he's shoving it up his snozz.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 19th October 2021, 12:25     #1864
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Yep, use sparingly.
Old 19th October 2021, 12:55     #1865
xor

Quote:

My assumption is that for a lot of the people that make the argument of wanting a different vaccine, they would have made the same argument if we started with a different vaccine.
The kaumātua does have a point though. There should be more than one option for people to choose from. As for locking them down and isolating them from the country, we could ship them off to an island somewhere like they used to with the lepers.

NZ is now sitting at 4.9% inflation. Mountains of debt. GL when they allow 165k migrants into NZ. You'll be serfs in your own country unless you're lucky enough to own a property.
Old 19th October 2021, 13:25     #1866
crocos

Wow, and that's not racist as fuck.

Old 19th October 2021, 13:33     #1867
xor

you missed the sarcasm based on my response to blynk, the very notion of what blynk is suggesting is pretty ridiculous. It's the equivalent of sending people to a leper's colony.

Quote:
Alternatively. Put them into a border lockdown. People can't go in or out of that region, and let the rest of NZ open
Old 19th October 2021, 14:09     #1868
Nich

Yep, a wish to divide society by vaccination status is also a wish to divide by race & religion.
Old 19th October 2021, 14:19     #1869
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Super Saturday was a “missed opportunity” say leaders of a rangatahi Māori vaccination campaign still waiting for Government funding a month after its approval.

Ngāti Rangatahi, a Māori-led vaccination campaign designed by young Māori for young Māori, has been poised to launch its online content for weeks, but a lag in funding has put a stop to its progress.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/pou-tiaki/30...-yet-to-arrive
Heckuva job, whitey
Old 19th October 2021, 14:37     #1870
Nich

Here’s a study on the optimum time between doses for Pfizer vaccine:
https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S...674(21)01221-6

10-12 weeks between doses is best for antibodies. Not 3-4 weeks like our health services and politicians are pushing for.
Old 19th October 2021, 14:44     #1871
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
There should be more than one option for people to choose from.
Only in the sense that we should be ensuring everyone in the world has access to vaccines. But large swaths of the world won't have a vaccine for years, if ever. Because someone has to pay for these things, and we want to keep our money.

This is how we vote in free societies.
Old 19th October 2021, 14:44     #1872
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
you missed the sarcasm based on my response to blynk, the very notion of what blynk is suggesting is pretty ridiculous. It's the equivalent of sending people to a leper's colony.
That is true. But I would like to point out that this would be the case for any group of people that were not willing to be vaccinated.
If it was a white middleclass suburb somewhere in the country, then I would have the same opinion.

However, I am not talking about the people that are difficult to reach. I am not talking about those that don't sit and watch the 1pm news conference. That aren't able to read the news. Those that don't have the spare time or ability to take an hour out of their day to be vaccinated.
Those people need to be targeted by the govt.
Old 19th October 2021, 15:03     #1873
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Here’s a study on the optimum time between doses for Pfizer vaccine:
https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S...674(21)01221-6

10-12 weeks between doses is best for antibodies. Not 3-4 weeks like our health services and politicians are pushing for.
Probably explains some of the slightly stronger results of Vaxzevira versus Cormirnaty, given that right out of the gate the AstraZenica schedule called for 12 weeks.

Old 19th October 2021, 15:22     #1874
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Only in the sense that we should be ensuring everyone in the world has access to vaccines. But large swaths of the world won't have a vaccine for years, if ever. Because someone has to pay for these things, and we want to keep our money.

This is how we vote in free societies.
hey lolspeed, go eat a dick you utter cunt.
Old 19th October 2021, 15:23     #1875
Lightspeed

Laugh

Aw, love you too Mavis.
Old 19th October 2021, 15:55     #1876
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Those people need to be targeted by the govt.
...and in a way that takes into account that "those people" have very sensible, rational, historically-vindicated reasons to run for the hills when they're "targeted by the govt."
Old 19th October 2021, 16:01     #1877
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I think this is the same content, don't have a NYTimes subscription:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd8P12BXebo
Sydney ICU nurse: "It’s bizarre to see a Covid patient deny Covid exists while gasping for breath"

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ing-for-breath

"It’s bizarre to watch an individual chastise the nurses and doctors about Covid being fake as they sit on the floor gasping for air while a cytokine storm roars in their lungs. The time between each word is drawn out while they are trying to draw in as many breaths as they can. “Would you like the oxygen back on, sir?” a nurse will inquire after another failed escape. They accept our help back to their room. Regain their breath with help from the oxygen. And then the escape plotting starts all over again. Another patient who was on a ventilator kept telling us Covid wasn’t real after they regained consciousness."
Old 19th October 2021, 16:37     #1878
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
...and in a way that takes into account that "those people" have very sensible, rational, historically-vindicated reasons to run for the hills when they're "targeted by the govt."
Yes, that should have been expanded out.
There needs to be a greater use of community leaders to help. The gang leader idea was good, but seems like it was for 2 days and that was about it (or is that only because it was headline gold for 2 days and after that the media didn't care anymore).

It definitely would not help to have the government just to rock up and do it.
Old 19th October 2021, 21:09     #1879
Nich

https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/faqs#training

US WH&S saying the quiet bit out loud.

Quote:
Vaccine Related

Are adverse reactions to the COVID-19 vaccine recordable on the OSHA recordkeeping log?
DOL and OSHA, as well as other federal agencies, are working diligently to encourage COVID-19 vaccinations. OSHA does not wish to have any appearance of discouraging workers from receiving COVID-19 vaccination, and also does not wish to disincentivize employers' vaccination efforts. As a result, OSHA will not enforce 29 CFR 1904's recording requirements to require any employers to record worker side effects from COVID-19 vaccination at least through May 2022. We will reevaluate the agency’s position at that time to determine the best course of action moving forward.

Reporting adverse reactions to vaccines totally optional.
Old 19th October 2021, 22:10     #1880
Lightspeed

That's one way to frame transparency.