Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 30th January 2014, 16:03     #41
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
All children are poor. Children can't own stuff. There's no level of personal income for a child to achieve that makes them all of a sudden no longer living in "child poverty".
I'm not sure what your pedantry is getting at.

All children don't live in poverty. Children who do are as you said part of a household in poverty.

My point was related to your marketing comment. If kids are involved then it's harder for more conservative people to justify non-action.

Last edited by fixed_truth : 30th January 2014 at 16:05.
Old 30th January 2014, 16:28     #42
Lightspeed

Evolutionary pressures. He wants his kids to succeed and others' to fail.
Old 30th January 2014, 17:08     #43
pxpx

Heck, if it's human nature, there's nought wrong with it!
Old 30th January 2014, 17:11     #44
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Do I get to eat them?
Old 30th January 2014, 17:34     #45
Savage

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
Stand back everyone, LS is about to go full retard
qotm
Old 30th January 2014, 17:39     #46
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
Oh lol - i see that their package includes 'free antenatal classes'.

They're already free.
Continuing this week's Labour Lollercaust, we have David Cunliffe handling that issue with all the adeptness and media savvy we've come to expect from NZ Labour:

Quote:
Labour leader David Cunliffe has taken responsibility for wording in his speech that claimed more parents would receive his planned $60 baby bonus than would actually get it.

“The buck stops with me,” he said today, after yesterday saying he did not pen the line promising that “for 59,000 families with newborn babies, they will all receive a Best Start investment of $60 per week, for the first year of their child’s life”.

It turned out that about 25,000 people a year on paid parental leave, worth up to $488 a week, would not receive the payment at the same time.

Cunliffe hit another snag today when he could not explain the details of his policy on extending antenatal checks.
Asked whether free antenatal classes was a new policy, Cunliffe said “free antenatal classes have been to some extent available”.

“What we are being very clear about is that we will have them for all expectant mums,” he said.

Labour would increase the target for 10-weeks checks to ensuring 80 per cent of mothers would get them.

Asked again whether antenatal classes were free to all mothers now, he said: “Not in every case, but I will have to check on the details.”

He said his advice was that it was not generally freely available to everyone, but he could not say who would miss out.

Pressed on his knowledge of policy detail, he said: “When was the last time you asked John Key a question to five decimal places?”

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...-fumbles-again
Old 30th January 2014, 17:41     #47
CCS
Stunt Pants

o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Do I get to eat them?
Did you raise them organically?
Old 31st January 2014, 10:00     #48
aR Que

Got to get them before ~8 years, before their fats have built up sufficient toxic amino acids that our bodies have trouble breaking down.

Rememeber; Eat Safe, Be Healthy, eat a young baby.
Old 31st January 2014, 10:08     #49
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Continuing this week's Labour Lollercaust, we have David Cunliffe handling that issue with all the adeptness and media savvy we've come to expect from NZ Labour: