Password

Old 2nd August 2013, 14:52     #321
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Raymond Huo (Labour, List)
Family home (held in family trust), Auckland
Investment properties (x5, jointly owned), Auckland
An ethnically Chinese man, using a trust to manage his assets, with five investment properties in Auckland?! Go gettim David Shearer!

Oh, wait, he's a Labour MP? Shit.
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:25     #322
xor

He's a perm resident though?
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:54     #323
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Pffft, next thing you'll be telling me it's OK for Helen Clark to own 4 Auckland investment properties even though she's lived in the USA for 6 years.
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:33     #324
xor

His ethnicity is irrelevant if he is a perm resident/citizen.
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:28     #325
fixed_truth

Also ethnicity is irrelevant if someone isn't a perm resident/citizen. They just have to be a foreigner (Aussies excluded) to be blocked regardless of ethnicity.
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:45     #326
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Actually Labour's criterion is being resident in NZ. You don't have to have permanent-resident status, or be a citizen. By my reading of Shearer's statements you just have to be "living in New Zealand". Or be Australian.

Which means under a Labour govt it will be legal for me to buy a house in New Zealand only in virtue of the fact that I am an Australian citizen. My New Zealand citizenship doesn't help. Does that strike anyone as retarded?
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:58     #327
fixed_truth

Does sound pretty odd. I thought the non-resident had to be a foreigner??
Old 2nd August 2013, 22:48     #328
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Does that strike anyone as retarded?
Not really. NZers that are living overseas are demonstrating their lack of commitment to the country and they don't deserve the perks that come to those toughing it out here. Australia insulates NZ from the harsh realities of the world and so it's citizens should be thanked for their actions.

Shearer appears to be a plant for the Right; non-resident voters on-average vote further left than the resident population and so having a piss-off policy like this should help knock some sense into these people who are voting too far left.
Old 4th August 2013, 11:04     #329
aR Que

always thought you should lose the right to vote on an nz election once you've been away from the mother land for more than a parliamentary term.
Old 4th August 2013, 12:43     #330
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

You do.
Old 9th August 2013, 13:04     #331
ZoSo

Labour for Victory: Sack Shearer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUArGWZ3A7w

Rank & file's turn?

Shearer's a good man. Leave him alone!
Old 9th August 2013, 18:55     #332
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
You do.
Oh, cool.

man, and i always got mad at the specials cause i thought you carnts were sending back your votes! One less thing to rustle my jimmies.
Old 27th August 2013, 12:50     #333
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

So this blogger does a very interesting analysis of the way in which Shearer's face, story, and policies - and other inconvenient truths - have been erased from the Labour website in record time:

http://bat-bean-beam.blogspot.com.au...-vanishes.html

(read it. is interesting.)

So what's the next thing that happens? C'mon, we all know what happens. CLARE CURRAN TO TEH RESCUES!

Quote:
‏@clarecurranmp
@gtiso maybe if you spent your time constructively assisting the causes you say you believe in then the world would be better off
genious.
Old 7th March 2014, 09:55     #334
Cyberbob

Labour proposes an "Internet Levy" to fund local content.

A future Labour government could impose a levy on internet providers to help pay for locally-created digital content.

The idea, which was blasted by Telecom and Vodafone, was contained in a document that was accidentally emailed to Communications Minister Amy Adams by a Labour party staffer yesterday.
Old 7th March 2014, 12:14     #335
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yes. We've been talking about it in this thread

Also, Clare Curran still an amazing moron.
Old 6th May 2014, 18:15     #336
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Well it looks like Labour is finally putting the tragicomedy routine of the Clare Curran era behind it and is looking to the future by appointing a new spokesperson for Information and Communications Technology:

Quote:
Curran back in Labour ICT role

Clare Curran has regained her role as Labour's ICT spokeswoman after a seven-month stand down.

Party leader David Cunliffe assumed responsibility for the portfolio himself and demoted Curran to associate spokeswoman after winning the party leadership race in September.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...abour-ICT-role
Old 6th May 2014, 18:31     #337
CCS
Stunt Pants

Ah, Clare Curran, proxy for Kim Schmitz.
Old 14th May 2014, 16:15     #338
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

NZ Labour Party discovers Photoshop

I commend David Cunliffe for being photoshopped onto this bandwagon
Old 14th May 2014, 16:38     #339
fixed_truth

My first thought is hell yeah that's photoshopped.
Old 14th May 2014, 17:06     #340
pxpx

Sauce?
Old 14th May 2014, 17:08     #341
plaz0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
Sauce?
https://www.facebook.com/david.cunliffe.labour
Old 14th May 2014, 17:13     #342
CCS
Stunt Pants

There's another possibility here. Cunliffe may well have been in the photo all along, but some clown decided to bump up the contrast only on Cunliffe so as to highlight him and did a shit job of it.
Old 14th May 2014, 17:19     #343
plaz0r

I really want to believe that they're all this incompetent, but ... it just seems too comically awful to be legit

I imagine there are a bunch of people who manage his Facebook page, perhaps he's pissed off someone with a copy of mspaint?
Old 14th May 2014, 17:22     #344
Lightspeed

It's a mole planted by JK's American electioneering buddies.
Old 14th May 2014, 19:22     #345
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
There's another possibility here. Cunliffe may well have been in the photo all along, but some clown decided to bump up the contrast only on Cunliffe so as to highlight him and did a shit job of it.
I think this is the case - I saw a TV shot reverse angle that had him in the same clothes standing at the back.
Old 15th May 2014, 14:00     #346
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

There are two possibilities:

1. Cunliffe was there and that photo was taken of him, and some muppet decided to make Cunliffe the focus of the image by boosting the levels on him specifically.

2. Cunliffe was there and that photo was taken but Cunliffe wasn't in the photo or was but something was off - maybe he was smiling like a dork, or had his eyes closed, or whatever - so he was pasted in from another photo taken around the same time at the same location, and some muppet decided to make Cunliffe the focus of the image by boosting the levels on him specifically.

Whichever happened, it was done shittily, and then posted to Cunliffe's FB page, hilarity ensues.
Old 15th May 2014, 14:05     #347
Cyberbob

Lasso tool, increase contrast on the selection, decrease contrast on the rest.

Lazy mans way of bringing focus to a subject in a really shitty way.
I'd evenm prefer a selective colour saturate/desaturate to the way they've done it here, but with a white shirt and a dark grey/black suit, keeping him in colour wouldn't give enough of a contrast, so I guess they just went that way.
Old 15th May 2014, 14:40     #348
StN
I have detailed files

Is it just me, or does the granny to the left look like an old John Key?
Old 15th May 2014, 14:59     #349
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

back and to the left

Some things that seem strange to me (while we're sperging)

The granny seems to be looking straight through Cunliffe like he's not there

The background seems to depict a moment of dreary Wellington overcastness, but Cunliffe himself seems to be squinting in sunlight which is casting strong shadows over his face.
Old 15th May 2014, 15:11     #350
Lightspeed

I just thought that was his Jaden Smith "I am concerned about things" impression.
Old 15th May 2014, 15:23     #351
pxpx

lol'd a bit

Old 15th May 2014, 15:47     #352
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

From the Labour flickr stream

That's more believable, so we'll go with option A: Labour muppet decides to emphasise Cunliffe in post, since he doesn't even look in focus in the flickr original.
Old 15th May 2014, 16:14     #353
pxpx

On par with this masterpiece:
Old 15th May 2014, 19:13     #354
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Some things that seem strange to me (while we're sperging)

The granny seems to be looking straight through Cunliffe like he's not there

The background seems to depict a moment of dreary Wellington overcastness, but Cunliffe himself seems to be squinting in sunlight which is casting strong shadows over his face.
She's behind him, she's looking past him to the rear.

Cunliffe always squints Surprised you've never noticed that.

There are no strong shadows on his face, just the souped up contrast by retarded Labour staffer.
Old 23rd June 2014, 13:51     #355
Juju
get to da choppa

How about this gem regards Facebook and Google having small tax bills:

Quote:
Revenue spokesman David Clark has argued the government should have the power to ban websites if multi-nationals making money from them don't pay much tax locally.
Lets ban the interbooks!
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:01     #356
CCS
Stunt Pants

So, Sue Moroney has apparently put up some election hoardings from 6 years ago, if you are to believe WhaleOil's informant.

Note the url on the top billboard. Put that in your browser. See where it takes you. No, not goatse.cx. It's perfectly work safe... unless you work in Sue's office.
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:03     #357
plaz0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
Quote:
Revenue spokesman David Clark has argued the government should have the power to ban websites if multi-nationals making money from them don't pay much tax locally.
Lets ban the interbooks!
Ruh roh

Ab how much NZ tax does the multinational nz games dot com pay?
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:18     #358
CCS
Stunt Pants

I thought nzg was a Christian charity.
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:25     #359
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
So, Sue Moroney has apparently put up some election hoardings from 6 years ago, if you are to believe WhaleOil's informant.

Note the url on the top billboard. Put that in your browser. See where it takes you. No, not goatse.cx. It's perfectly work safe... unless you work in Sue's office.

Oh fuck that's gold.
Old 23rd June 2014, 15:48     #360
crocos

As much as this is infantile to put it this way... Sue MORONey is living up to part of her name. Elbows in LOL.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية