User Name
Password

Old 1st June 2004, 20:42     #81
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nutter
"Home detention was refused and the sentences are to be served concurrently."

^ that means he only spends 20 months instead of 38?

Ghay =(
Sentences are rarely, if ever, served cumulatively. Nothing new at all.

Old 1st June 2004, 20:43     #82
The Edge

Question

Not defending Katalyst for one second here, but how did you guys know this cousin of his was fake? Just curious...

Old 1st June 2004, 21:58     #83
Blam

Quote:
Originally posted by The Edge
Not defending Katalyst for one second here, but how did you guys know this cousin of his was fake? Just curious...
Kat was part of the QWTF community, I believe he bragged to his online gaming mates who knew about it and the grapevine did the rest.

Also research by AU gamers showed he was over there at the time this all happened.. he even posted a goodbye webpage in AU from Zinya to slam a nail in the coffin..

sick kid...

Old 1st June 2004, 22:31     #84
Phantom
May contain nuts

Quote:
Originally posted by cyc
Sentences are rarely, if ever, served cumulatively. Nothing new at all.
Does that seem poo to anyone else? Or am I just being naive? Couldn't you just do trillions of micro crimes, get busted and spend a week in the slammer?

Old 1st June 2004, 22:57     #85
Xanatos
Antagonist Prime

Quote:
Originally posted by Phantom
Does that seem poo to anyone else? Or am I just being naive? Couldn't you just do trillions of micro crimes, get busted and spend a week in the slammer?
Yeah but I think you will find that the sentences are grouped by the type of offence. So 8 counts of fraud result in an 8-month sentence rather than 8 separate sentences of 1 month. So you could do this if you spread your crime out, a bit of violent robbery here, a pinch of grand theft auto there and a splash of online credit card fraud.

Old 1st June 2004, 23:00     #86
Phantom
May contain nuts

Seems weird to me - think of the "time is money" idiom: You get dozens of fines (for different stuff ) yet when it comes time to pay, you don't get a "concurrent" bill, do ya? Why is it different with time then?

Old 1st June 2004, 23:42     #87
blur^

I think maybe cheeps really is a judge ;D

Old 2nd June 2004, 00:22     #88
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Seems weird to me - think of the "time is money" idiom: You get dozens of fines (for different stuff ) yet when it comes time to pay, you don't get a "concurrent" bill, do ya? Why is it different with time then?
At a guess... finite land on which to build prisons to house the long term inmates?

Old 2nd June 2004, 01:13     #89
Simon
SHG

Curse those taniwhas!

Old 2nd June 2004, 03:37     #90
MadMax
Stuff

yadda yadda ccs already posted it...

Quote:
Originally posted by ilk
I'm proabably just retarded, but I don't see anything about Katalyst on that link, just some BS about electronic Hikois.
sorry, got the date wrong :/

http://www.aardvark.co.nz/daily/2004/0601.shtml

edit that: mustave copied the wrong url

Last edited by MadMax : 2nd June 2004 at 03:40.

Old 2nd June 2004, 08:40     #91
Phantom
May contain nuts

Cunning

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS
At a guess... finite land on which to build prisons to house the long term inmates?
I'm sure you are right - sounds like a crap excuse in the long term tho... hardly seems to deter career crime, imo. Still, i'm not that big a believer in the whole "deterence works" philosophy anyway. I prefer the "you are crap to society, we are going to remove your lobes and set you to work dribbling over the crops out there in the field" approach...

Old 2nd June 2004, 09:28     #92
Robo-K1ll

Last edited by Robo-K1ll : 2nd June 2004 at 09:29.

Old 2nd June 2004, 09:47     #93
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:
Originally posted by zodiac86
oh this is classic, i remember afew years ago in a game of tf he said to me "SHAME!"

so its my turn SHAME!!!!

heh life is sweet. fuckwits always get what they deserve in the end.
hope he enjoys being bubbas bitch.

um. have you been waiting, plotting hopelessly against him? wishing that one day, just one sweet day you'd have your time in the sun.

it's time to let it go....

Old 2nd June 2004, 09:51     #94
xor

^^lurkers opinion me not count

Old 2nd June 2004, 10:00     #95
[WanG] Wandarah

sheer genius.

Old 2nd June 2004, 13:30     #96
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
I'm sure you are right - sounds like a crap excuse in the long term tho... hardly seems to deter career crime, imo. Still, i'm not that big a believer in the whole "deterence works" philosophy anyway. I prefer the "you are crap to society, we are going to remove your lobes and set you to work dribbling over the crops out there in the field" approach...
Sounds good to me. Failing that, there's always the good old 'prison island surrounded by shark infested waters' approach.

Failing that, there's always Soylent Green.

Old 2nd June 2004, 13:59     #97
Matt0r

Laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by - Vexed -
Big up's to the staff at Compulink

LOL, brilliant, my flatmate is the dude at compulink who spied the ad and busted him with the cops LOL... he mentioned about what a weedy lil scumbag he was and i didn't click it was katalyst..

the auction in question:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/l...n-10770977.htm

dumbass mother fucker gave the serial numbers online so it was guarenteed that he was the thief
please note st4lk3r1, cpl999 and inkie are compulink staff

story goes, they arrange to go 'pick up the laptop', get near his place, call the cops say look, we've got this dude, come bust him or we're going in. so a few cop cars come up, they have a chat for a while and then decide that my flatmate goes in with an undercover cop to bust him, they didn't have a warrent so needed him to come outside with the laptop, they bullshit somthin about leavin the wallet in the car and get him to bring it outside and a couple cop cars pullup.. and the look on his face hahahah, 0wnage

gutted i wasn't there to see it

Old 2nd June 2004, 14:08     #98
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

I think the above post and the people mentioned within deserve a round of applause.

Old 2nd June 2004, 14:08     #99
Mokoro

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt0r
stuff

Old 2nd June 2004, 14:28     #100
Torka

Rolling eyes

Haha, you tell it guys, rape is hilarious.

I was reading this morning about a 16 year old girl in Palmerston North who stabbed another girl, I hope they put her in a men's prison and she gets gang raped good and hard.

Old 2nd June 2004, 14:35     #101
Mokoro

Quote:
Originally posted by Torka

I was reading this morning about a 16 year old girl in Palmerston North who stabbed another girl, I hope they put her in a men's prison and she gets gang raped good and hard.
erm, are you meaning to post this here?

http://www.nzgames.com/forums/showth...threadid=59629

Old 2nd June 2004, 14:36     #102
Torka

No.

Old 2nd June 2004, 16:17     #103
Ba'alzaman
Mad scientist

Quote:
[post]
BAHAHA omg he (katalyst) really does plumb new depths in stupidity

Old 2nd June 2004, 16:27     #104
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

o_O

Quote:
Originally posted by SpaceCowboy
concurrently means one after the other. so he will serve 38 months.
sorry, that was my flatmates girlfriend...err...yeeaaa......

Old 2nd June 2004, 16:40     #105
CCS
Stunt Pants

Riiight.

Is she blonde? Give her a slap in the chops for me.

Old 2nd June 2004, 16:46     #106
Simon
SHG

Quote:
story goes, they arrange to go 'pick up the laptop'...
Legendary.

Old 2nd June 2004, 17:18     #107
Stalk3r

0wnage

the Look on the guys face as i walked out the driveway carrying the laptop he thought he'd just suckered me into buying then seeing the cops roll up the road

it was shit pants funny

then as he was talking to the cops his cellphone rang (which was one of the things he'd brought off me with his dodgy credit card) so i pointed out that the phone he was talking on was mine so they took it off him mid call and hung it up was somewhat amusing

bit shit tho the cops told me that they werent going to recover the laptop he had already sold, they told us that he was going to pay for it, then we read the herald yesterday and see some crap about him not having to pay coz he aint got no moneys, makes me wanna go kick his lilly white scrawny bitch ass

anyways story is much funny im almost tempted to record the story to mp3 im that sick of ppl asking me to tell it

Old 2nd June 2004, 17:21     #108
Stalk3r

In Addition To this if you all look at the auction you will notice that my boss asks him for the last 3 digits of the serial # so he can " check warranty " we knew there were only 87 of these notebooks in the country at the time therefore all we needed were the last few digits to identify it as ours, so the dumb twat gives us the whole serial #, jackass

Old 2nd June 2004, 17:32     #109
nostrom0

So after he tried to rip people off on Trademe with bogus hardware... he went back to Trademe to sell a laptop he bought with a stolen CC... ????

Old 2nd June 2004, 18:00     #110
Stalk3r

Exactly and i gaurantee the minute he gets out hell try something similar

Old 2nd June 2004, 18:12     #111
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Quote:
Originally posted by SmoO
FYI it has been paid, as for the apologies yes I am sorry and regretful for what I did to people,
.....but the police forbids me .. and them afaik to be in any form of contact .. if they didnt get repaid they have to contact the courts about it ... as for the PR campaign well ... just look at the title of the thread, I have no objections about people knowing about my shady past, the only problem I have is people not knowing most of the facts, im not saying everyone doesnt know as a few people do but the majority dont.

im not going to post in this thread anymore as it has no real reason for life aside from meaningless insults, wich if you think I take them to heart you are sadly mistaken, I have alot bigger fish to fry in my life and people saying highly intelligent posts like die and you should be in jail really have no bearing to me what so ever. end

looks like the fish frying was the CC fraud

Old 2nd June 2004, 18:55     #112
Ba'alzaman
Mad scientist

this is just LOL!
well done compulink

Old 2nd June 2004, 19:16     #113
Boyd-Work
Frank's Pickle Barrel Ass

Quote:
Originally posted by Torka

I'm glad there's at least one person who still has his head screwed on, kudos.

Old 2nd June 2004, 19:33     #114
Ba'alzaman
Mad scientist

sorta relevant but useless trivia

lol just noticed something else with that trademe posting, he tried bumping up his own auction by the looks, there is a user account there "iptwin" that bumped up the price to $1955. ipt is his old bf1942 clan, and liked (IPT did) to say "ipt = teh win" at lans (no reflection on ipt guys! good clan), and I see that account has been disabled as well.

Last edited by Ba'alzaman : 2nd June 2004 at 19:37.

Old 2nd June 2004, 19:45     #115
cyc
Objection!

Very angry

Katalyst is just too retarded to realise that doing everything possible to get oneself caught is just not cool. OTOH, some of you appear to think that voluntary retardedness and selective morality are as sweet as fine wine.

If basic social research is any guide, many of you would have at some point in your life done acts that are actually criminal in nature. And I'm damn well willing to bet that some of you have actual criminal convictions. I sure as hell hope that if and when society deems it appropriate to send people into prison for any offence you commit in future (or if we can wind back time), you'd be as keen on those treatment you wish upon him to be inflicted on yourself.

P.S. For those who want to throw up the "Don't defend criminals!" line, I happen to think he got a just sentence. And that's all the more reason for people to let the system do its work.

Old 2nd June 2004, 20:47     #116
Blam

Quote:
Originally posted by cyc
And that's all the more reason for people to let the system do its work.
But thats just it Cyc it hasn't been working up until now for Jo Public, Kats a compulsive (something). He had a choice along time ago to stop.. before it escalated to this .. all those crimes he commited against the public with unpaid purchases and unpaid goods.. he roamed freely among us.

Your point that we may have commited crimes in the past and never paid our dues.. I am happy with that as I'm a eye for a eye tooth for a tooth sort of person. But we stopped when we realise its anti social behavour that will effect us for the remander of our lives.

Lets see Kat try and get a job or visa when he gets out.. we won't have a problem; he shore will. You pay long after the crime and punishment. Hope he now knows when to say "WHEN" or as my old gaming motto "that'll learn ya!"

Last edited by Blam : 2nd June 2004 at 20:48.

Old 2nd June 2004, 21:29     #117
mick

he has been a compulsive lier since i met him in early '96 (way back when we were 16 and still playing TF :P) -- I doubt he'll change after he gets released from prison.

Old 2nd June 2004, 22:06     #118
OR10N

<cliche> Do the crime, do the time </cliche>

Azmodan would have some choice little stories about Katalyst to tell I'm sure, since Kat's mum actually took great trouble to warn him about her son and how seriously screwed in the head (for lack of a better term) he was. So if you want to hear all about Katalyst's antics, you needn't look any further than his own mother.

I remember selling him a Quantum Bigfoot drive (remember those? bloody huge clunkers) back in the day when I didn't know better - and shock horror, he actually paid for it!

And yes, the whole Zinya thing was a first-class farce of grandiose proportions, but one thing still stumps me to this day. For those that remember "Zincam" - how and where did Katalyst manage to find a willing female to pose on webcam as her? In fact, could this be the mysterious Astra?

Old 2nd June 2004, 22:22     #119
mick

has anyone got a photo of him we can photoshop?

Old 2nd June 2004, 22:28     #120
Wuffle

o_O

A female who possibly doesn't give a fuck about some pocket protecting TF'ers? gee where would you find one of them.

Either way Katalyst's a flappycunt.