Old 14th December 2002, 17:54     #41
Torka

Quote:
Originally posted by Boofhead
so did Darwin
Didn't know that...ironic.

Old 14th December 2002, 18:07     #42
Homo Erectus

well she is my first cousin. my uncles daughter. technically i guess we're close, but i've met her a total of 3 times in my life, this one being the third, and the first being when she was about 3 so i don't think that it counts.

the thing was that when i i first saw her at the airport i had no idea she was my cousin! i just thought "mm, shes saucy", then she started to walk over directly towards me. i thought it was my lucky day but then as she got closer i realised who she was.

so like mpx said there is a difference between recognizing attractivness and being attracted, me and her get on well together n all that and she a cool person. would if be wrong to have feelings for her? we are related in blood but really she is a stranger to me. our families aren't very close as they have lived in another country for longer than i have been alive.

today we were at the beach together and maybe it was just my imagination but i think she was flirting with me. she put her hand on my thigh a couple of times when we were lying down.. she has 4 days left here so i will keep you all posted

Old 14th December 2002, 18:19     #43
fobski

i can hear the banjos strumming in the hills......

Old 14th December 2002, 18:22     #44
caffiend

Don't listen to those of us who are hassling you (me included).

History is littered with first cousin mariages. Hell, the royal family is one example - so many blood-related marriages it's scary.

Ultimately there's nothing you can do about it. If you both like each other then that's all there is to it. But you will have to put up with narrow-minded ridicule - the social stigma in Western society is pretty huge.

Old 14th December 2002, 18:23     #45
The Edge

I thought only second cousins or more distant were allowed to be in a relationship, and first cousins weren't? Mind you tho, I read that somewhere yeeeeeears ago, and it's prob changed since then?

Old 14th December 2002, 18:27     #46
caffiend

Quote:
Originally posted by The Edge
I thought only second cousins or more distant were allowed to be in a relationship, and first cousins weren't? Mind you tho, I read that somewhere yeeeeeears ago, and it's prob changed since then?
I don't think anybody can "not allow" anything as far as this goes. As far as I'm aware there are no legal statutes that govern inter-cousin relationships - I'm sure cyclonic will pipe up if there is

Old 14th December 2002, 18:28     #47
CCS
Stunt Pants

Hmmm, first cousin eh? SLIP HER THE CHOAD! Don't worry about kids with no teeth and abnormally low mental capacity, GIVE YOUR COUSIN A DIDDLING, YOU FUCKING ROCKSTAR.

You're a big bright shining star and no one is gonna stop you from getting to the top!

...reckon caffeind married his cousin eh...

Old 14th December 2002, 18:29     #48
The Edge

Oh true...yea I thought it was "legally" only allowed for second cousins or more distant to be married etc...but I'm prob wrong

Old 14th December 2002, 18:31     #49
Odysseus
Stray Dog

Quote:
Originally posted by p-b
Distant being more than a days horse ride away?
Nice!

Old 14th December 2002, 18:33     #50
Markh

Quote:
Originally posted by The Edge
I believe that in NZ there has never been a regulation against first cousin marriages. In the US I think that first cousins can't marry. Maybe you read or saw on TV something about cousins not being able to marry - maybe a US tv prog?

Old 14th December 2002, 18:34     #51
The Edge

Yea quite likely...I remember I read it in some magazine in the 80's.

Old 14th December 2002, 18:48     #52
Homo Erectus

is no-one except for caffeind secure enough to give me thier honest opinion on this instead of posting funny pictures/remarks? i know they are funny, and i see the humor too, but if you want to take advantage of my situation and poke fun at me then at least attempt to give me some sort of helpful feedback. otherwise you are just flaunting your ignorance.

for those of you making references to hillbillies and thier deformities, i wouldn't be silly enough to even think about having a child with her. just being attracted to someone doesn't mean sex, marriage or children. even if it were to come to us getting married could adopt. i don't see why two people can't be happy together in each others company just because they share grandparents.

Old 14th December 2002, 18:49     #53
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by Homo Erectus
is no-one except for caffeind secure enough to give me thier honest opinion
My honest opinion is that you're a freak.

cousin-fucker

Old 14th December 2002, 18:54     #54
Archane

haha yeah man ... there are plenty of other fish in the sea why are you even considering banging your cousin?

It wont be worth the shit it causes within your family.. even if she also has incest tendencies.

Old 14th December 2002, 19:02     #55
JoeRogan69

at least post some pics of her

Old 14th December 2002, 19:18     #56
IronhideTFX

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS
My honest opinion is that you're a freak.

cousin-fucker
Well there goes my train of thought, off the rails of seriousness and plumeting into the dark watery treanches of hilarity!

But i'll remember what i was going to post later.

Old 14th December 2002, 19:34     #57
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS
BAAAAHAHAHHAAHAAA!!! This whole thread = lol!

Seriously though, Rectus buddy, it's only right that you tell her how you feel. In fact, tell her with flowers! Be a big ol romantic! Girls loves flowers!
And candy. Penis shaped candy.

Old 14th December 2002, 19:41     #58
Markh

Quote:
Originally posted by Homo Erectus
is no-one except for caffeind secure enough to give me thier honest opinion on this instead of posting funny pictures/remarks? i know they are funny, and i see the humor too, but if you want to take advantage of my situation and poke fun at me then at least attempt to give me some sort of helpful feedback. otherwise you are just flaunting your ignorance.

for those of you making references to hillbillies and thier deformities, i wouldn't be silly enough to even think about having a child with her. just being attracted to someone doesn't mean sex, marriage or children. even if it were to come to us getting married could adopt. i don't see why two people can't be happy together in each others company just because they share grandparents.
Actually I have a brother-in-law whose parents were cousins, AFAIK no abnormalities in him or his brother or their sister.

But of course their are genetic risks in producing offspring with a blood relative, so care would be needed.

In this case my serious advice is this: If you two are in love then you should go for it, too bad if the family gives you shit! If you just think she's hot - say nothing and find yourself another hot chick that is not a close blood relative!

Let me tell you, if I boned every chick that I thought was hot,

umm

Well I wouldn't have time to waste typing this crap

Old 14th December 2002, 20:33     #59
FB

If your attracted to a cousin in *that way*, theres not much you can do about it really.

You have 2 options:

A) Hide your feelings and make yourself unhappy

B) Tell her how you feel and see what happens.

I dont know anyone who can pick and choose who they feel that way about, it just happens.
To make yourself unhappy simply because she is a relation seems stupid.

All you people who are wanking on about hillbillies are hypocrites.
YOU are the hillbillies, too afraid to think for yourselfes because of some age old cultural stigma.

I know if it was me, it would be ME deciding weather I want to act on my feelings or not, not some bullshit cultural baggage.

Old 14th December 2002, 20:42     #60
MasterX

Egyptian Pharaoh's married their daughters...

Old 14th December 2002, 20:45     #61
Synergist@
Steppin' Razor

Actually there is not that great a risk of any genetic disorders if your parents are cousins. It's only if all your parents before yours where cousins then it starts becoming a problem.

Old 14th December 2002, 20:45     #62
flic
Dee Hast Mish

he's attracted to how she looks
he doesnt know her

I'm guessing you'll be attracted to plenty of other females over the years.

My advice...move on and avoid having to hear that "hilarious" story of when you cracked onto your cousin and she went "EWWWWW FREAK!" at your 30th/40th/50th birthday parties

Old 15th December 2002, 01:52     #63
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Wake
I use to think my cousin was hot , till i found out she was born with six toes, but i think you can get it removed..
Genetic defects aren't "fixed" by removing the physical symptoms. Having kids with a blood relative will only exacerbate such defects.

Old 15th December 2002, 07:01     #64
jerrold

You're attracted to your cousin, so what? I've got a cousin who know's I think she's hot (was picked runner up for "face of Nokia" for the Asia pacific region, ie, malaysia, australia, nz, etc) but that's just that.

They're tons of other women out there who are hot, and probably aren't related to you either.

But what about "true love"? My two cents, isn't it strange that most couples who are going out or are married happened to find their "true love" living in the same country, the same town, or even going to the same college as themselves?

Old 15th December 2002, 08:46     #65
chiQ
Frag-muff

People are taking the piss out of you because it's not terribly socially acceptable to get it on with so close a blood relative. It's considered creepy in an incestuous kind of way. There's a reason for that social rule too, and it's not a matter of how much you see her, it's a matter of how many scary recessive genes exist in your family. You two could carry the Downes syndrome gene for a start. Each of you has a parent which shares the same parents with the other. You're as close to siblings as you can get without sharing a parent yourselves.

I have a friend who had a kid with his first cousin, and all is fine. Apparently their family doesn't carry any freaky genes. That's a bit of a game of Russian Roulette though. You might not think so now, but for all you know if you procede to have a relationship with this chick you could both end up head over heels in love, and it could end in kids bleed a lot or look like Ghengis Kahn.

Then again you could end up happy with a woman who is perfect for you and live happily ever after. Your call, but don't expect to tell a group of people that you're intent on what many consider an incestuous relationship without accepting a few barbs. They're inevitable.

Old 15th December 2002, 08:56     #66
wolf_kin

meh.... the whole human race has turned to shitew anyway.

go for it man... one more george bush look-alike isnt going to do harm.

Old 15th December 2002, 13:32     #67
leadinjector

woah damn

#shut your fucking face, unclefucker.....#

not quite but close enough, everyone has a hot cousin but it takes a truly fucked up weirdo to tell total strangers about it.

although if it did work out you could always move to the south island, at least there you wouldn't get strange looks

Old 15th December 2002, 16:15     #68
Simon
SHG

Question

So you're related. I mean really, who gives a fuck?

Old 15th December 2002, 17:58     #69
Kickass

ITS WRONG? OK!?

WRONG!

very sick and wrong

Old 15th December 2002, 18:10     #70
Cyberbob

look..
just to end all of this..
post her pic

Old 15th December 2002, 18:16     #71
Savant

oh... my... roflies...

Old 15th December 2002, 18:30     #72
Bread

What will your parents and uncle and aunty say when you start rogering your cousin? It's probable/possible they'd be less than supportive.

And man.....ew.

Old 15th December 2002, 18:40     #73
MacDuff

Wacked

Who you can and can't marry in NZ is listed on this form from the Department of Internal Affairs. As far as I can see there is no legal restriction on marrying your first cousin. On the other hand you're not allowed to marry your stepmother!?

Old 15th December 2002, 18:51     #74
ZuldaN

Don't do it, you're a young man!

It might just be the stigma talking, but it just seems so dirty and wrong.

Old 15th December 2002, 19:06     #75
Napalm

Quote:
Originally posted by MacDuff
...On the other hand you're not allowed to marry your stepmother!?
Wouldn't that be biggamy(sp?) on her part?

Old 15th December 2002, 19:13     #76
MacDuff

Quote:
Originally posted by Napalm
Wouldn't that be biggamy(sp?) on her part?
I was thinking along the lines of an Anna-Nicole Smith situation!

Old 15th December 2002, 20:44     #77
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

What would be wrong is close relatives having children together - the children would stand an unfair chance of otherwise recesive genes expressing themsleves as genetic diseases.

In times gone by, frequent sexual connection invariably led to pregnancy. Given that it is now entirely possible to have sex with no chance of pregnacy, there's not much merit in the argument that close relatives should not have sex for recreational purposes.

Naturally, there's a problem if one of the parties involved can't follow the simple instructions that accompany contraceptives. I saw the results of a study recently that concoluded that oral contraceptive are 100% effective so long as the pill-popper follows the instructions - all of the 3% of the trial population who fell pregnant hadn't followed the instructions e.g. some took large doses of vicamin C (only) while sick (anyone else agree this is about as DUMB as you can get)?

Of course, society is not yet ready to accept this level of reality. Such thing take time - reliable contraceptives have only been with us for thirty years.

There was a NZ documentary about this in hte mid-eighties. It was in th style of "audiance versus the presenter". The best reason the audiance could come up with for not having sex with a close relative was "because it's wrong" - hardly a compleing argument.

For me, I don't have any close relatives that fit my image of a woman suitable for recreational sex. Not that I fussy, it's just that I have no sisters and all of my immediate cousins are male...

Old 15th December 2002, 21:06     #78
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally posted by Golden Teapot
What would be wrong is close relatives having children together - the children would stand an unfair chance of otherwise recesive genes expressing themsleves as genetic diseases.

In times gone by, frequent sexual connection invariably led to pregnancy. Given that it is now entirely possible to have sex with no chance of pregnacy, there's not much merit in the argument that close relatives should not have sex for recreational purposes.

Naturally, there's a problem if one of the parties involved can't follow the simple instructions that accompany contraceptives. I saw the results of a study recently that concoluded that oral contraceptive are 100% effective so long as the pill-popper follows the instructions - all of the 3% of the trial population who fell pregnant hadn't followed the instructions e.g. some took large doses of vicamin C (only) while sick (anyone else agree this is about as DUMB as you can get)?

Of course, society is not yet ready to accept this level of reality. Such thing take time - reliable contraceptives have only been with us for thirty years.

There was a NZ documentary about this in hte mid-eighties. It was in th style of "audiance versus the presenter". The best reason the audiance could come up with for not having sex with a close relative was "because it's wrong" - hardly a compleing argument.

For me, I don't have any close relatives that fit my image of a woman suitable for recreational sex. Not that I fussy, it's just that I have no sisters and all of my immediate cousins are male...
Whoa dude, you never cease to leave me gobsmacked. I don't think that's a bad thing. You're like a flood in the Nile valley.

Old 15th December 2002, 21:21     #79
herp

Bah, everyones grossly exagerating here anyways with all the talk about marriage and kids. It's all PC crap. "Don't smoke! Don't drink! Don't do drugs! Don't do anything". Go for it I say, you only live once , what are you holding out for? Regrets all your life? "Hey I'm not going to do anything remotely bad at all so I can live to 100!". Does something special happen when you get to 100 that I don't know about? Shes hot, you wanna boof her, shes only in the country for 4 more days. It's not like your proposing to her with aspirations of a family with a white picket fence.

No regrets.

I'd probably keep it on the down low though, it's not one of those things people tend to boast about.

Last edited by herp : 15th December 2002 at 21:26.

Old 15th December 2002, 21:22     #80
mpx

I can find girls who aren't my cousin.
Must be a special trait.