Old 7th November 2008, 17:42     #42
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Gesundheit ..
Old 7th November 2008, 17:49     #43
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
2. they're all out to get us! We're sheep! We've been duped - it's all a massive hoax! Maybe I am The One.
I'm The Two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosWulf
Gesundheit ..
Anti-Semite.
Old 7th November 2008, 17:51     #44
Sp0nge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosWulf
Believing a recognised conspiracy theory is no different to believing what the masses do - except yours is fueled by fear rather than ignorance.
the masses fall for conspiracy theories just as much as the wackos do.

so governments often deliberately create conspiracy theories just for the fear factor...

whate else were Iraq's Weapons of mass destruction but a huge conspiracy theory...

even in NZ...the secret society known as the "tuhoe terrorists" are a conspiracy theory the masses easily swallowed
Old 7th November 2008, 17:57     #45
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0nge
whate else were Iraq's Weapons of mass destruction but a huge conspiracy theory...
Yeah, but nobody really fell for that. They just sort... went along with it.
Old 7th November 2008, 18:00     #46
caffiend

One of my favourite conspiracy theories is that the crazier conspiracy theories (Lizard people, satanism etc) are actually completely fictional and disseminated by the freemasons and illuminati deliberately so that it paints the 'reasonable conspiracy theorist' with the crazy-brush.

It's like a smoke-screen to stop people seeing the simple, less-extraordinary but nevertheless real and pervasive actual secret societies. They're really quite boring... but they are powerful.
Old 7th November 2008, 18:28     #47
CCS
Stunt Pants

One of my Dad's uncles was pretty high up in the Masons. I was disappointed to find this did not give me a free ride into Freemasonry or special powers or a rat army. Freemasons = overrated if you ask me.
Old 7th November 2008, 20:11     #48
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
It's like a smoke-screen to stop people seeing the simple, less-extraordinary but nevertheless real and pervasive actual secret societies. They're really quite boring... but they are powerful.
Nicely put. And when every bit of truth is systematically buried under masses of completely unbelievable rubbish, even admitting to being a conspiracy theorist or open minded amounts to "crackpot" these days.

CCS - same goes with a relative of mine; highly placed Mason and I get nothing out of it.
Selfish bastard. At least if he'd have been highly placed in the Lions or other assorted Rotary clubs I might have got a free train ride in the park, or something
Old 7th November 2008, 20:13     #49
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
One of my Dad's uncles was pretty high up in the Masons. I was disappointed to find this did not give me a free ride into Freemasonry or special powers or a rat army. Freemasons = overrated if you ask me.
My Great-Grandpappy founded a lodge in Otahuhu I think ( of which he as mayor of also. ) I have his Freemason bible still. I keep my rat army in the ceiling. My flatmates will confirm this.
Old 7th November 2008, 20:17     #50
CCS
Stunt Pants

Why the FUCK do you get a rat army and I don't get shit?

PS, your rat army is plotting to overthrow you. Bastard.
Old 7th November 2008, 20:24     #51
Sp0nge

my great-grandad used to eat rats
he used the pages of his bible to wipe his ass.

Last edited by Sp0nge : 7th November 2008 at 20:25.
Old 7th November 2008, 20:28     #52
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Old Testament lasts longer, can be used 2 ply.
Old 7th November 2008, 20:43     #53
chiQ
Frag-muff

As clever as the horror stories about a global government might be, they are stories. Some of them were written by clever people, granted, but I wouldn't start freaking out just yet. A politician talking about something like this doesn't make Orwell's visions inevitable, or even likely.

Speaking of Masons, my grandfather was one, and he was one of those quiet, watchful, intelligent men you just can't help wondering about. Just what sort of power did he wield?

He's dead now, so even if he wasn't sworn to secrecy I'll never know. It is intriguing though. 'From Hell' makes it more so, if you've read it.
Old 7th November 2008, 21:13     #54
Dazza

I don't know why you're so worried with regards to Obama in particular.

If you believe in this NWO and secret organisations, you know they play from both sides of the table. It's the only guaranteed way to win, and it gives the illusion of choice.
Old 7th November 2008, 21:41     #55
Torka

It's okay guys, he's human.

Quote:
The debates unnerved both candidates. When he was preparing for them during the Democratic primaries, Obama was recorded saying, “I don’t consider this to be a good format for me, which makes me more cautious. I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, ‘You know, this is a stupid question, but let me … answer it.’ So when Brian Williams is asking me about what’s a personal thing that you’ve done [that's green], and I say, you know, ‘Well, I planted a bunch of trees.’ And he says, ‘I’m talking about personal.’ What I’m thinking in my head is, ‘Well, the truth is, Brian, we can’t solve global warming because I fucking changed light bulbs in my house. It’s because of something collective’.”
Old 7th November 2008, 22:07     #56
caffiend

Also, it's probably worth pointing out that Freemasons aren't exactly a secret society anyways, aren't they? Are they?

Or are they?
Quote:
How do I become a Freemason?

If you know someone who is already a Freemason, contact them and tell them you are interested. They can tell you more about the next steps in the process. You might like to attend some social events before you make our decision which is usually possible. Talk to your friend about this.

If you don’t know anyone who is a Freemason you can phone the Grand Secretary on 04 385 6622 or email him. He can put you in touch with someone in your geographical area.

If you decide you would like to become a Freemason you will need to complete an application form. Your application is reviewed by a membership committee and you and your partner or family might meet someone from the committee for a chat.

Once your application is accepted you will attend a Lodge meeting and take part in a ceremony where you will be initiated as a Freemason.
Hmmm... "chat".

Last edited by caffiend : 7th November 2008 at 22:12.
Old 7th November 2008, 22:22     #57
CCS
Stunt Pants

Pfft, that's just their public face.

Obviously they have a pubic 'wing' where people meet up, hold hands and chant and talk about fundraising barbecues. Then there's the secret part, the behind-closed-doors, backroom part made up of senior leaders who plot how to get one of their members elected as Mayor of Rodney district.

I've already said too much. I'll be laying rat bait tonight, but I fear the rats are too intelligent to fall for that.
Old 8th November 2008, 02:58     #58
sv
simulationszeitalter

Is NZG a mason/bible ass-wiping hang-out? I had no idea.
Old 8th November 2008, 04:32     #59
CCS
Stunt Pants

No, it's an underprivileged spawn of Masons several-generations-removed hang out.
Old 8th November 2008, 07:50     #60
Sp0nge

dont tell him the secret word
CUNT
Old 8th November 2008, 08:47     #61
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

YUO=LAME

If you want to do something real and cool, go study and be a physicist or something and work on the LHC data, or the next big collider.

If you want to hang around with a bunch of old men and pretend you have some kind of spooo-oooky voodoo power that the general sheep population are blissfully unaware of, go join the freemasons. Or the scientologists. Or the catholics
Old 8th November 2008, 09:58     #62
ilk

By all means keep an open mind, so long as you actually have a mind.

I personally prefer a questioning and sceptical mind. The most credible conspiracy theories are simply a case of powerful people exploiting the credulousness (if that's a word) of humanity for their own gain. It is childish to be surprised that this occurs. The more extreme David-Icke-ian conspiracy theories are the rantings of madmen which hold as much water as Antarctic mountain air. Frankly, if there was a group of people so smart, talented and dedicated to their machinations that they could hide all credible evidence of their existence (and the fact that they are molemen, lizard people or aliens), then these are the people I'd want running the world.

Sure, I'll regret my position when I'm on the conveyor belt in the Human-flavoured potato wedges factory, but until then I'll waste far less of my life whipping myself into an unnecessary state of fear and more time enjoying the brief time I have upon this earth.

Be careful not to drop shit in your open mind.
Old 8th November 2008, 19:07     #63
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilk
Sure, I'll regret my position when I'm on the conveyor belt in the Human-flavoured potato wedges factory, but until then I'll waste far less of my life whipping myself into an unnecessary state of fear and more time enjoying the brief time I have upon this earth.
Quote of the week
Old 8th November 2008, 19:13     #64
doppelgänger of someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Obviously they have a pubic 'wing'.
Your imagination knows no bound. Keep it up!
Old 8th November 2008, 20:08     #65
CCS
Stunt Pants

PHWOAR! Found out!
Old 9th November 2008, 16:29     #66
Logik
Mate, feed, kill, repeat

The world is generally a very corrupt place and things often aren't really as they seem where money and power are involved. Ilk put it nicely: "The most credible conspiracy theories are simply a case of powerful people exploiting the credulousness (if that's a word) of humanity for their own gain."

Consider the Iraq war. We (the world) were lied to, by the US government, in order for them to justify invading Iraq. There was no individual level lying or conspiracy. The lying was systemic; not at the individual level. And we (the world) ate it up like obedient dogs until we fell out of the CNN-induced trance and realised what was going on. This Iraq "conspiracy" is reality with hindsight. This is the sad state of the world and we are just letting it happen because of our binary view of the truth.

If you can be lied to once then you can be lied to twice. The reality in my opinion is that global politics and business is one giant clique and we're not in it. The reporters are the young girls that tag along and hang off every bit of information they can gain from the clique. The clique doesn't mind this as long as none of the information that gets out makes them look bad. The girls are technically free to say what they like, but know that if they push any buttons then they may find themselves out in the cold. The rest of us sit on the sidelines pottering around, blissfully unaware of whats going on and occasionally listening to the chatter of the young girls.

And remember: at least the sheep need a sheep dog!

Last edited by Logik : 9th November 2008 at 16:30.
Old 9th November 2008, 17:49     #67
caffiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
PHWOAR! Found out!
Yes. There was an obvious typo. You accidentally added an 'n' to the word 'wig'.
Old 10th November 2008, 01:38     #68
CCS
Stunt Pants

^^^

Jealous
Old 10th November 2008, 09:06     #69
sv
simulationszeitalter

My attitude toward conspiracy theory is that it's all too easy to attribute secretive malevolence to actions that are generally the results of far more mundane human qualities, namely stupidity and incompetence.

Last edited by sv : 10th November 2008 at 09:07.
Old 10th November 2008, 13:46     #70
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Jealous
No need to be smerkin'.
Old 2nd January 2009, 10:57     #71
mass
Organ Donor Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilk
Stop persecuting the conspiracy nuts, it only feeds into their delusion.
Dont forget almost everyone here were once a conspiracy nut themselves at one point or another from their first possible thought of a whole government or a leader used as nothing more than just a puppet. These days when I hear of conspiracy nuts, its just another person who hasnt become one with the 'law of nature'. JFK in my mind failed to understand that along with Mike Condell and etc etc. There is a huge boulder the size of approx 5 black holes rolling and if you go against that force well the outcome is pretty obvious.

And as for Obama being the anti-christ, he has perfected a very charismatic act. You have to only know who he is affiliated with to understand his current mindset and future motives.

Just to finish off, something to think about (for the conspiracy nuts)

“It is well enough that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” - Henry Ford
Old 2nd January 2009, 10:57     #72
mass
Organ Donor Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilk
Stop persecuting the conspiracy nuts, it only feeds into their delusion.
Dont forget almost everyone here were once a conspiracy nut themselves at one point or another from their first possible thought of a whole government or a leader used as nothing more than just a puppet. These days when I hear of conspiracy nuts, its just another person who hasnt become one with the 'law of nature'. JFK in my mind failed to understand that along with Mike Condell and etc etc. There is a huge boulder the size of approx 5 black holes rolling and if you go against that force well the outcome is pretty obvious.

And as for Obama being the anti-christ, he has perfected a very charismatic act. You have to only know who he is affiliated with to understand his current mindset and future motives.

Just to finish off, something to think about (for the conspiracy nuts)

“It is well enough that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” - Henry Ford